SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Trade Block

May 21, 2017 at 11:50 a.m.
DonnySweens
Who are some of the obvious trade block names for each team? Who is likely on the move?
May 21, 2017 at 12:21 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Fleury is the one i can think of that i think is most likely to be moved.

Duchene? Possibly, but probably not. No GM would ever be stupid enough to give up what Joe Sakic wants for Duchene.
nobody liked this.
May 21, 2017 at 12:41 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Ottawa- Zack Smith.

Toronto- James van Riemsdyk.

Tampa Bay- Killorn/Johnson, Garrison.

Detroit- Abdelkader, Helm, Howard, Green, etc.

Pittsburgh- Murray/Fleury.

Columbus- Calvert, Johnson.

New York Rangers- Fast, Klein, Girardi.

New York Islanders- Hamonic.

Carolina- Ward/Lack.

Chicago- Kruger, Hjalmarsson.

Minnesota- Zucker, Scandella.

Nashville- Wilson, Ekholm/Ellis.

Winnipeg- Byfuglien/Myers (please Trouba).

Dallas- Lehtonen/Niemi.

Colorado- Duchene, Landeskog, Johnson.

Anaheim- Vatanen/Fowler/Silfverberg (unless Bieksa waive NMC)

Edmonton- Eberle.

San Jose- Pavelski, Burns (I know this is not going to happen, but hear me out: San Jose is getting older and their winning window is closing, imagin the return they could get for Burns and Pavelski, they would be cup contenders again).

Los Angeles- Brown, Gaborik, Martinez, Muzzin.

Vancouver- Edler/Tanev.
May 21, 2017 at 12:42 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Duchene? Possibly, but probably not. No GM would ever be stupid enough to give up what Joe Sakic wants for Duchene.

Sakic will learn and he will lower his price.
May 21, 2017 at 12:48 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DarylthePony

unfortunately, he probably won't.
May 21, 2017 at 12:50 p.m.
get ur corsi up

Knowing Sakic your probably right. If he remains stubborn he's going to get fired.
May 21, 2017 at 12:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Knowing Sakic your probably right. If he remains stubborn he's going to get fired.

agreed
May 21, 2017 at 1:10 p.m.
Ottawa- Zack Smith.

Carolina- Ward/Lack.

Dallas- Lehtonen/Niemi.

Edmonton- Eberle.

San Jose- Pavelski, Burns (I know this is not going to happen, but hear me out: San Jose is getting older and their winning window is closing, imagin the return they could get for Burns and Pavelski, they would be cup contenders again).

Vancouver- Edler/Tanev.

Wait what??? Zack Smith? Burns and Pavelski is funny ahahah, I hope your not serious. Matt Murray, what are you saying??? Muezzin seriously! And Ekholm and Ellis now I have to question your hockey knowledge kind sir. Big Buff? And Trouba seriously??? What the heck is this!
May 21, 2017 at 1:21 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Ottawa- Zack Smith.

Carolina- Ward/Lack.

Dallas- Lehtonen/Niemi.

Edmonton- Eberle.

Vancouver- Edler/Tanev.

Wait what??? Zack Smith? Burns and Pavelski is funny ahahah, I hope your not serious. Matt Murray, what are you saying??? Muezzin seriously! And Ekholm and Ellis now I have to question your hockey knowledge kind sir. Big Buff? And Trouba seriously??? What the heck is this!

Ottawa has to loose someone prior to expansion draft. As I said I don't seriously believe Burns or Pavelski get traded. If Fleury doesn't wave NMC than Murray has to be traded or Pittsburgh looses him fro nothing. Nashville has to trade someone or risk loosing them for nothing at expansion draft. And Trouba has already made it clear he feels he cannot reach his potential playing with Byfuglien and Myers, and Winnipeg cannot afford loosing him to free agency. LA has to shed one of their big contracts, and Muzzin may be one of the few that other teams are willing to give up valuable assets for.
May 21, 2017 at 1:50 p.m.

Ottawa has to loose someone prior to expansion draft. As I said I don't seriously believe Burns or Pavelski get traded. If Fleury doesn't wave NMC than Murray has to be traded or Pittsburgh looses him fro nothing. Nashville has to trade someone or risk loosing them for nothing at expansion draft. And Trouba has already made it clear he feels he cannot reach his potential playing with Byfuglien and Myers, and Winnipeg cannot afford loosing him to free agency. LA has to shed one of their big contracts, and Muzzin may be one of the few that other teams are willing to give up valuable assets for.

What are you even saying? Ottawa will go 7-3-1 and expose Phaneuf and his big contract, Smith isn't going anywhere. Trouba is Winnipegs best dman, what are you even saying! Have you seen anything Jets related this year??? And you do know Pittsburgh and buyout Fleury right? Who said Murray should be traded? I question your knowledge of hockey, really now
May 21, 2017 at 2:18 p.m.
get ur corsi up

What are you even saying? Ottawa will go 7-3-1 and expose Phaneuf and his big contract, Smith isn't going anywhere. Trouba is Winnipegs best dman, what are you even saying! Have you seen anything Jets related this year??? And you do know Pittsburgh and buyout Fleury right? Who said Murray should be traded? I question your knowledge of hockey, really now

Do you have any idea how valuable Phaneuf is to Ottawa, and what makes you think Vegas would take on his contract. Maybe Trouba's situation has changed, but Pittsburgh may be tempted to take the abundance of awards they would receive if they traded Murray.
May 21, 2017 at 2:22 p.m.

Do you have any idea how valuable Phaneuf is to Ottawa, and what makes you think Vegas would take on his contract. Maybe Trouba's situation has changed, but Pittsburgh may be tempted to take the abundance of awards they would receive if they traded Murray.

You just basically contradicted yourself and helped my argument. Ottawa goes 7-3-1. Phaneuf is exposed. Exactly, Vegas probably wouldn't take on his contract. So they don't lose anyone. What are you even arguing for here?

MAYBE Troubas situation has changed? Stop reading year old Sportsnet stories and watch hockey for a change. If you watched a little bit you would see Trouba is Winnipegs best dman. Your claim that he should be traded is absurd.

You don't find many starting elite goalies at age 22. Murray isn't going anywhere, period. Where do you even get this stuff from?
May 21, 2017 at 2:25 p.m.
get ur corsi up

You just basically contradicted yourself and helped my argument. Ottawa goes 7-3-1. Phaneuf is exposed. Exactly, Vegas probably wouldn't take on his contract. So they don't lose anyone. What are you even arguing for here?

MAYBE Troubas situation has changed? Stop reading year old Sportsnet stories and watch hockey for a change. If you watched a little bit you would see Trouba is Winnipegs best dman. Your claim that he should be traded is absurd.

You don't find many starting elite goalies at age 22. Murray isn't going anywhere, period. Where do you even get this stuff from?

Trouba could receive much more ice time on another team such as Dallas, or Toronto. Trouba may be tempted to go somewhere were he can play as much as possible.
May 21, 2017 at 2:26 p.m.

Trouba could receive much more ice time on another team such as Dallas, or Toronto. Trouba may be tempted to go somewhere were he can play as much as possible.

When he's already playing top pairing minutes in Winnipeg? Go watch some Jets hockey for a change, then come back to argue your case. Otherwise don't come up with Sportsnet mumbo jumbo
May 21, 2017 at 6:49 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
ANA Vatanen
ARI Duclair
BOS Zboril
BUF #8 overall
CGY Jankowski
CAR Hanifin
CHI Debrincat
COL Duchene
CBJ Jenner
DAL Hamhuis
DET #9 overall
EDM mid-round picks
FLA Bjugstad
LAK Martinez
MIN Defensemen
MTL Galchenyuk
NSH Ellis
NJD Lower-line forwards and defensemen
NYI Boychuk
NYR Klein
OTT Borowiecki
PHI Macdonald
PIT Fleury
SJS Future pieces (picks, prospects, etc)
STL Anything that can get them a defenseman
TBL Prospects
TOR Anything to get them a defenseman
VAN Gudbranson
WSH Prospects
WPG Little
VGK Agreements in the expansion draft
May 21, 2017 at 7:10 p.m.
get ur corsi up
ANA Vatanen
ARI Duclair
BOS Zboril
BUF #8 overall
CGY Jankowski
CAR Hanifin
CHI Debrincat
COL Duchene
CBJ Jenner
DAL Hamhuis
DET #9 overall
EDM mid-round picks
FLA Bjugstad
LAK Martinez
MIN Defensemen
MTL Galchenyuk
NSH Ellis
NYI Boychuk
NYR Klein
OTT Borowiecki
PHI Macdonald
PIT Fleury
TBL Prospects
VAN Gudbranson
WSH Prospects
WPG Little

Chances are Bieksa waives NMC, and Vatanen stays.
One bad season doesn't mean you trade Duclair.
I would give Jenner more time, he's only 23.
Why would Dallas trade a defenseman, when the thing they need most is D.
Hold on Galchenyuk! I see Gallagher but not Galchenyuk.
Sure Nashville won't keep Ellis and trade Ekholm instead?
May 21, 2017 at 7:18 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
IMO Duchene and Landeskog are definitely on the market, but Avs might get as much in return at TDL, especially if D an L have rebound seasons.
Ducks, Isles and Minni will try to move some of there "excess, unprotectable Dmen" for exempt draft players. Minni might have the same issues with their forwards.
May 21, 2017 at 8:13 p.m.
ANA Vatanen
ARI Duclair
BOS Zboril
BUF #8 overall
CGY Jankowski
CAR Hanifin
CHI Debrincat
COL Duchene
CBJ Jenner
DAL Hamhuis
DET #9 overall
EDM mid-round picks
FLA Bjugstad
LAK Martinez
MIN Defensemen
MTL Galchenyuk
NSH Ellis
NYI Boychuk
NYR Klein
OTT Borowiecki
PHI Macdonald
PIT Fleury
TBL Prospects
VAN Gudbranson
WSH Prospects
WPG Little

Do you really not know who Josh Manson is? Even Bieksa waives his NMC, they can only protect 3/4 dmen of Vatanen, Fowler, Lindholm, and Manson. Bieksa just happily waiving his NMC doesn't solve anything.
May 21, 2017 at 8:30 p.m.
get ur corsi up

Do you really not know who Josh Manson is? Even Bieksa waives his NMC, they can only protect 3/4 dmen of Vatanen, Fowler, Lindholm, and Manson. Bieksa just happily waiving his NMC doesn't solve anything.

Easy solution: trade Manson, protect the others, and yes I am fully aware of who Josh Manson is.
May 21, 2017 at 8:31 p.m.
get ur corsi up
I wasn't even talking about Manson originally, I was simply stating that Vatanen doesn't have to go anywhere.
May 21, 2017 at 9:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
ANA Vatanen
ARI Duclair
BOS Zboril
BUF #8 overall
CGY Jankowski
CAR Hanifin
CHI Debrincat
COL Duchene
CBJ Jenner
DAL Hamhuis
DET #9 overall
EDM mid-round picks
FLA Bjugstad
LAK Martinez
MIN Defensemen
MTL Galchenyuk
NSH Ellis
NYI Boychuk
NYR Klein
OTT Borowiecki
PHI Macdonald
PIT Fleury
TBL Prospects
VAN Gudbranson
WSH Prospects
WPG Little

Since when does Dallas need defence? They have Klingberg, Johns, Hamhuis, and Lindell, and that's a good top 4. Then you have Oleksiak coming in too, as well as Honka. How do they need defence?

Also, i see MTL using Galchenyuk in a package to get a real 1C
May 21, 2017 at 9:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
What's so important about protecting Manson? YOU UNFORTUNATELY HAVE TO LOSE SOMEONE!
May 21, 2017 at 9:15 p.m.
get ur corsi up
What's so important about protecting Manson? YOU UNFORTUNATELY HAVE TO LOSE SOMEONE!

Are directing this at me or Booth. Because personally I don't think Manson is as big as a deal as Booth makes him out to be.
May 21, 2017 at 9:31 p.m.

Are directing this at me or Booth. Because personally I don't think Manson is as big as a deal as Booth makes him out to be.

You don't think top 4 young right handed defenceman are big deals? Good that you're not a GM IRL then. Just look at what it took Charelli to get one. If you think Manson doesn't have much value then you're crazy, that's all that can be said
May 21, 2017 at 11:42 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
DavidBooth: Agree with you that Manson is quite valuable due to play and contract. Gotta think it's Vatanen that will be dangled before the draft. Trouble is Ducks have either good Dmen and forwards that would be exposed.
For Vatanen they would prefer draft exempt players if possible.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll