2. Buchnevich - Thomas - Kyrou
3. Barbashev - Schenn - Toropchenko/Kostin
4. Walker/Highmore/Leivo - Brown - Acciari

Vancouver:

1. Pearson - Miller - Boeser
2. Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Hoglander
3. Mikheyev - Horvat - Garland
4. Podkolzin - Dickinson - Lazar

Thomas < Pettersson, Schenn = Horvat, Kyrou > Boeser, Buchnevich > Garland, O'Reilly < Miller, Taresenko > Kuzmenko, Saad = Podkolzin, Barbashev > Mikheyev, Toropchenko/Kostin < Hoglander, Brown = Dickinson, Lazar = Acciari, Walker/Highmore/Leivo < Pearson

Quite frankly, both team's are built rather similarly
Aug. 16, 2022 at 10:26 a.m.
St. Louis easily; although Tarasenko should be listed as Thomas' RW not O'Reilly's. Not just offensively where they are still really good; but they blow the Canucks out of the water when it comes to defensive acumen amongst the forward group.

Their 3rd line is as good as most teams 2nd line and they have strong chemistry/identities for the ROR line as one of the elite shutdown forward lines that can also score goals and the emergence of Thomas-Tarasenko-Buchnevich last year gave them a very good scoring line to complement it. This is probably the last year since the Blues will struggle to keep O'Reilly and Tarasenko next year; but for now they have one of the best forward groups.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 4:19 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: HockeyScotty
St. Louis easily; although Tarasenko should be listed as Thomas' RW not O'Reilly's. Not just offensively where they are still really good; but they blow the Canucks out of the water when it comes to defensive acumen amongst the forward group.

Their 3rd line is as good as most teams 2nd line and they have strong chemistry/identities for the ROR line as one of the elite shutdown forward lines that can also score goals and the emergence of Thomas-Tarasenko-Buchnevich last year gave them a very good scoring line to complement it. This is probably the last year since the Blues will struggle to keep O'Reilly and Tarasenko next year; but for now they have one of the best forward groups.

Do they though? Cause the Canucks have Mikheyev, and Pettersson is also very strong defensively, I'm not sure you've accounted for that. Even if St. Louis is still better, I think the talent gap is a lot closer than you think, especially if guys like Podkolzin and Hoglander take steps, and someone like Kuzmenko proves to be serviceable
Aug. 17, 2022 at 12:38 p.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Do they though? Cause the Canucks have Mikheyev, and Pettersson is also very strong defensively, I'm not sure you've accounted for that. Even if St. Louis is still better, I think the talent gap is a lot closer than you think, especially if guys like Podkolzin and Hoglander take steps, and someone like Kuzmenko proves to be serviceable

STL has the stronger top 6, if petey and boeser have strong seasons its definitely closer then some think. horvat is definitely the 2c though, and I like nucks bottom 6 a lot more then STL. As of now I'd take the blues forward group, but Vancouver's is still solid.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 7:25 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: gary_gobbler
STL has the stronger top 6, if petey and boeser have strong seasons its definitely closer then some think. horvat is definitely the 2c though, and I like nucks bottom 6 a lot more then STL. As of now I'd take the blues forward group, but Vancouver's is still solid.

That's fair, Petey and Boeser will definitely both be looking for to bounce back, and I think it's more likely they do than don't
gary_ liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 12:19 p.m.
Bedard23
Lot closer then the d core but St. Louis wins that category too
Tintin liked this.
Aug. 18, 2022 at 3:14 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: IconicHawk
Lot closer then the d core but St. Louis wins that category too

Disagree, Vancouver and St. Louis's blueline are very close in terms of talent, even if the Blues win both categories

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit