$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$863,333$863,333
LW, C
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
C
RFA - 3
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
G
UFA - 2
$791,667$791,667
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 16, 2022 at 5:58 p.m.
Doubt Buffalo wants anything to do with OEL the player or contract. That Miller trade also favors Vancouver
gretzkyghosts and vikhodush liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 5:59 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Canesfan21_
Doubt Buffalo wants anything to do with OEL the player or contract. That Miller trade also favors Vancouver

Miller trade does not favour Vancouver at all. Hoglander despite his down season is easily worth McMichael. That leaves Miller and a depth player for Lapierre and a depth player. Canucks are getting robbed blind
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:01 p.m.
Banned
Zero chance of OEL waiving his NMC for Buffalo.

And there's been rumors of Miller wanting to play in Pittsburgh, So Washington isn't giving up that much for a one year rental.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:05 p.m.
Buffalo doesnt consider for a second
wojme, sabres89 and RavensShadow liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:06 p.m.
Quoting: Canesfan21_

Also would rather pay skinner to score goals for us than score goals for vancouver
wojme, sabres89 and RavensShadow liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:16 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: Juiceman
Miller trade does not favour Vancouver at all. Hoglander despite his down season is easily worth McMichael. That leaves Miller and a depth player for Lapierre and a depth player. Canucks are getting robbed blind

Fehervary is not a depth player by any stretch of the imagination.
qc14, brady_t12, kingkanuck and 2 others liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:17 p.m.

I will be generous and give you that Hoglander is around equal to McMichael, even though he got much more favorable usage this past year and centers are much more valuable than wingers. in what world is a 22 yo rookie who just played top pair minutes a "depth player" equivalent to a guy who played 8 games last year and hasn't ever cracked 30 in a single season while on his 4th team??? Even with Hoglander coming back, Caps take a hard pass on sending out their 3 best young players for a guy they probably wouldn't even play at center about to turn 30 who will almost certainly get an 8x8 in a year.
Funksoljah, NoVaSpartan, MVC and 2 others liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:21 p.m.
MajorMoose
Canucks need OEL much more than Skinner
Juiceman, kingkanuck, adamsandler and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:26 p.m.
Funksoljah
Quoting: qc14
I will be generous and give you that Hoglander is around equal to McMichael, even though he got much more favorable usage this past year and centers are much more valuable than wingers. in what world is a 22 yo rookie who just played top pair minutes a "depth player" equivalent to a guy who played 8 games last year and hasn't ever cracked 30 in a single season while on his 4th team??? Even with Hoglander coming back, Caps take a hard pass on sending out their 3 best young players for a guy they probably wouldn't even play at center about to turn 30 who will almost certainly get an 8x8 in a year.

I was going to say McMichael was being undervalued here. The kid played 10 minutes a game with 4th liners, no PP time and still had similar output to Hoglander who got 3 more minutes a game, including a minute per game on the PP with better linemates most of the time.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:26 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan

First of all, i wouldn’t say Hoglander got favorable usage whatsoever. This year was definitely a down year for him and he was not deployed in a role to succeed. I wouldn’t say comparing the two is generous given that Hoglander is the same age and has an extra year of experience in the NHL already. I also called Fehrevary a depth player because that is exactly what he would be on the Canucks. He has no role on a team with Hughes, OEL, and Rathbone, and Dermott on the left side. He is not an RHD which means he serves little to no value to the Canucks. I’m not even going to comment on Wolanin because he is a nobody, but the point is both those players will serve little to no value to the other teams. I seriously don’t think the Canucks would trade a recent 99 point player for 3 players that have barely proven themselves, while also adding on another top 9 forward.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:27 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Funksoljah
I was going to say McMichael was being undervalued here. The kid played 10 minutes a game with 4th liners, no PP time and still had similar output to Hoglander who got 3 more minutes a game, including a minute per game on the PP with better linemates most of the time.

Now compare that to Hoglander’s rookie year. Everyone knows Hoglander had a rough sophomore slump
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:38 p.m.
First of all, i wouldn’t say Hoglander got favorable usage whatsoever. This year was definitely a down year for him and he was not deployed in a role to succeed. I wouldn’t say comparing the two is generous given that Hoglander is the same age and has an extra year of experience in the NHL already. I also called Fehrevary a depth player because that is exactly what he would be on the Canucks. He has no role on a team with Hughes, OEL, and Rathbone, and Dermott on the left side. He is not an RHD which means he serves little to no value to the Canucks. I’m not even going to comment on Wolanin because he is a nobody, but the point is both those players will serve little to no value to the other teams. I seriously don’t think the Canucks would trade a recent 99 point player for 3 players that have barely proven themselves, while also adding on another top 9 forward.

Hoglander's rookie year was, like McMichael's, perfectly fine. I would also argue that having an extra season in the NHL and not really being ahead developmentally is probably a negative rather than a positive.
Wingers are much less valuable than centers as well which is why every canucks ACGM desperately tries to market Miller as one. And yea sure man a rookie who just played 22 mins a game wouldn't crack the notoriously strong and deep defensive corps of the canucks. Even if Fehervary was to play say 18 mins a night on the third pair, having someone do that incredibly well and incredibly cheaply is immensely valuable, and why the Caps love TVR so much.
All_Knowing and vikhodush liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:52 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Hoglander's rookie year was, like McMichael's, perfectly fine. I would also argue that having an extra season in the NHL and not really being ahead developmentally is probably a negative rather than a positive.
Wingers are much less valuable than centers as well which is why every canucks ACGM desperately tries to market Miller as one. And yea sure man a rookie who just played 22 mins a game wouldn't crack the notoriously strong and deep defensive corps of the canucks. Even if Fehervary was to play say 18 mins a night on the third pair, having someone do that incredibly well and incredibly cheaply is immensely valuable, and why the Caps love TVR so much.

Can Fehrevary play on the right side? If so, fantastic! If not, then we don’t have space for him. Our defense is bad purely because of our right side. If our RHD was as good as our LHD, we would be very good, but that’s not the case. Nothing wrong with our left side
Aug. 16, 2022 at 6:56 p.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro
Can Fehrevary play on the right side? If so, fantastic! If not, then we don’t have space for him. Our defense is bad purely because of our right side. If our RHD was as good as our LHD, we would be very good, but that’s not the case. Nothing wrong with our left side

Fehervary doesn't play right side regularly but with his skating ability and physicality I'm sure he could. However, there's no chance the caps move him right now unless we're getting something significant in return for him. While Miller is significant, it is not worth giving up our 2 best center prospects/rookies for him alongside our best young defenseman.
NoVaSpartan and vikhodush liked this.
Aug. 16, 2022 at 7:19 p.m.
Buffalo doesn't consider this, it's pretty awful honestly. I will give out bonus points for not trying to trade myers to buffalo. I know Skinner is overpaid, it's an awful contract, but for all his warts he's probably gonna score 30 again. So retaining 2 million to make it look better for Vancouver, we essentially would be paying oel 10.25 million for several years- to play the same position that dahlin and power both play (both first overall picks) in addition to Mattias Samuelsson. I figured we would wait a year or two and buy Skinner out (eventually the buyout is bearable), but at this point, if he's good for 25 goals, I'm not sure that they bother buying him out.
RavensShadow and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 8:05 a.m.
Funksoljah
Now compare that to Hoglander’s rookie year. Everyone knows Hoglander had a rough sophomore slump

Hoglanders rookie year he had even more favorable usage. He played over 15 minutes a night, 5 more than McMichael. He also averaged a minute and a half on the PP. While it makes sense that Hoglanders production dropped year over year he was still given more opportunity than McMichael who also happens to be a center despite mainly being played on the wing as a rookie.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 9:25 a.m.

lolol here we go again with this guy.

I am not saying ANYTHING about the trade itself. But dude - come on at least do a little research before posting. "Lapierre and a depth player" - that has me cracking up. Fehérváry is NOT a depth player (unless this trade has been edited). He is a top 4 defenseman who played 79 games on the Caps top line with Carlson (missed two for Covid), posted 17 points (he is a true stay at home defender), and is 22 years old. He is not a depth player.

To compare him to a player like Wolanin, who played 9 games last season with two different teams, is pretty hilarious.
brady_t12 and vikhodush liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 10:20 a.m.
JT Miller for Hart
Quoting: All_Knowing

I am not saying ANYTHING about the trade itself. But dude - come on at least do a little research before posting. "Lapierre and a depth player" - that has me cracking up. Fehérváry is NOT a depth player (unless this trade has been edited). He is a top 4 defenseman who played 79 games on the Caps top line with Carlson (missed two for Covid), posted 17 points (he is a true stay at home defender), and is 22 years old. He is not a depth player.

To compare him to a player like Wolanin, who played 9 games last season with two different teams, is pretty hilarious.

Nope, has not been edited at all.
All_Knowing liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 11:43 a.m.

I will once again be generous and grant you that Fehervary couldn't beat out OEL or Dermott or that one of the three couldn't move to their off side. Even then, there's a difference between "doesn't fit a teams needs well" and "depth player." Usually I would say do even the slightest bit of research beyond TOI and points, but its clear you weren't even bothered to do that.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 1:45 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
I will once again be generous and grant you that Fehervary couldn't beat out OEL or Dermott or that one of the three couldn't move to their off side. Even then, there's a difference between "doesn't fit a teams needs well" and "depth player." Usually I would say do even the slightest bit of research beyond TOI and points, but its clear you weren't even bothered to do that.

Oh I know what Fehrevary can do but callling him a depth player on the Canucks is a perfectly fair evaluation of what his role would be in Vancouver
Aug. 17, 2022 at 1:46 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: All_Knowing

Explain to me where Fehrevary would play behind Hughes OEL, Rathbone, and Dermott. Most likely the press box
Aug. 17, 2022 at 2:05 p.m.
Explain to me where Fehrevary would play behind Hughes OEL, Rathbone, and Dermott. Most likely the press box

tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy oh no not OEL Rathbone and Dermott!

Tell me where Miller would play behind Kuzy Strome Eller McMichael and Dowd
Tell me where Podkolzin would play behind Ovi Brown Wilson Mantha Oshie Johansson sheary Hathaway AJF and Snively
All_Knowing liked this.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 2:06 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy oh no not OEL Rathbone and Dermott!

Tell me where Miller would play behind Kuzy Strome Eller McMichael and Dowd
Tell me where Podkolzin would play behind Ovi Brown Wilson Mantha Oshie Johansson sheary Hathaway AJF and Snively

Miller would play Ahead of all of them because he is better then all those listed 😂 Podkolzin is also better than half those players you listed. This is seeming like a very poor argument lmao.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 2:31 p.m.
Fantasy Hockey Pro

Fehervary is probably tied for the second best defenseman there with OEL.
Aug. 17, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: brady_t12
Fehervary is probably tied for the second best defenseman there with OEL.

Right but can he play RD? If so? Fantastic. If not, he is third pair LHD assuming his spot doesn’t get stolen by Rathbone

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll