SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

Best eats and stores in Buffalo

Aug. 21, 2022 at 6:35 p.m.
Sabres are elite
Hey fellow Sabres fans. I'm going to be in Buffalo for the first time for a handful of days coming up soon. Wondering what the best places are in Buffalo to eat? Also what are the best stores to find Sabres, Bills, Amerks etc merch? I know about the team stores of course, but asides those any good places?

@wojme
@Shibbal18
@littlejerryseinfeld
Aug. 21, 2022 at 6:35 p.m.
Sabres are elite
Hey fellow Sabres fans. I'm going to be in Buffalo for the first time for a handful of days coming up soon. Wondering what the best places are in Buffalo to eat? Also what are the best stores to find Sabres, Bills, Amerks etc merch? I know about the team stores of course, but asides those any good places?

@Sabrebluehs
@Ihopeigetit
@GMTD
Aug. 21, 2022 at 7:31 p.m.
Wait, you chose to be a sabres fan despite not living here?

I'm not a merch. guy, but before I give food suggestions, what part of the area are you staying and do you drink?
wojme liked this.
Aug. 21, 2022 at 9:31 p.m.
get-it
Couldn't tell ya much. im from Ontario
Shibbal18 and Skyraider112 liked this.
Aug. 22, 2022 at 11:31 a.m.
Shibbal18
Edited Aug. 22, 2022 at 12:43 p.m.
Quoting: Skyraider112

wojme
Shibbal18
littlejerryseinfeld

Galleria Mall on Galleria Dr, off of Union, has Laux, Dicks and Tee University. They also used to have some local memorabilia stores, idk if theyre still around, i havent been to that mall in a while. They also have Texas De Brazil, while not local, its a steak buffet, i highly recommend. El Agave is near there on Union (3870 Union Rd, Cheektowaga, NY 14225), that is my favorite Mexican spot
1 Walden Galleria, Buffalo, NY 14225

Eastern Hills Mall on Transit has Dave and Adams for memorabilia, as well as a big 716 store. Sto-Lat is there as well for pierogis and other Americanized Polish food as well as the new Bar Bill location for wings. Duffs has a newer location there too if you want an original
4545 Transit Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221

Niagara Fashion Outlets
1828 Military Rd, Niagara Falls, NY 14304
Usually has a merch shops, My Favourite Sports Store has some local stuff

Great Skate
3395 Sheridan Drive
Mostly Hockey equipment, but has jerseys, usually late August they have a sidewalk sale too where they sold off theyre outdated jerseys pretty cheap, but idk if they've been doing that lately

PURE HOCKEY STORE, AMHERST
3265 Sheridan Drive, Amherst, NY
National chain hockey equipment store, but also has merch

Front Row Sports
The Northtown Center at Amherst 1615 Amherst Manor Drive
Same Deal, equipment store with some merch, but this one is in one of the local rinks

Britesmith Brewing, 5611 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14221 Highly highly highly recommend, they have their own brews and Chef Ross Warhol is one of the best in the city. They have artisan pizza that is fantastic, but if youre looking for something else, the Chicken Sandwich they have there is elite

Pearl Street Grill & Brewery
76 Pearl St, Buffalo, NY 14202
Touristy but has been a game day spot for decades

Southern Tier Brewery Buffalo
7 Scott St, Buffalo, NY 14203
Used to be a sports bar named 716, covid casualty and Southern Tier moved in. Same building where the Beauts play

The Draft Room Buffalo
Corner of Perry & Illinois, 79 Perry St, Buffalo, NY 14203
Labatts Pub, where Biz unveiled the Spittin Chiclets Beer, next to the Arena

Hofbräuhaus
190 Scott St, Buffalo, NY 14204
German food and beer

Més Que
1420 Hertel Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216
Soccer bar, just has small plates, mostly just a bar

Taisho Hertel
1435 Hertel Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216
They just opened this location, but Taisho has pretty good sushi, imo the best in Buffalo, even though the family is Chinese not Japanese lol

The Irishman Pub
5601 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14221
Americanized Irish food

SATO Ramen
Multiple Spots
Best Ramen in the city

Buffalo has a ton of Breweries: Thin man, Other Half, Big Ditch, Belt Line, Flying Bison, Froth Brewing, plus many more, if thats something you're into, i can do a separate list
As well as a ton of restaurants, if you're looking for Indian, Bengali, Pakistani, Middle Eastern, African, Jamaican, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese (Pho), Thai (better than food I had in Thailand itself) or Japanese, there's more places I could list for you if you're interested
Also all of the cultural places like museums and such, i can help you there

Wings:
The Original Anchor Bar
1047 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14209
+
The Original Duff's
3651 Sheridan Dr, Amherst, NY 14226
Both are for tourists pretty much at this point

Wingnutz
2675 Niagara Falls Blvd, Amherst, NY 14228
If youre here past Wednesday, order online and pick them up, weird spot, weird hours, kinda expensive, but one of the best wings in the city

La Nova Pizza
5151 Main St, Amherst, NY 14221
Ran by the mob, still one of the best imo, good Pizza too

Franco's Pizza
Multiple location
Delivery Pizza spot and the Wings are not consistent, but if you order it, Make sure to select Double cooked on the wings and they are some of the best in the city, if not theyre pretty average, which is disappointing. May not be worth it with all the other options

Full list of wing spots as ranked by Buffalo Wing Coalition:
v4dFXGM
wojme, palhal and Skyraider112 liked this.
Aug. 23, 2022 at 2:28 a.m.
Sabres are elite
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Wait, you chose to be a sabres fan despite not living here?

I'm not a merch. guy, but before I give food suggestions, what part of the area are you staying and do you drink?

Yes I'm a 'Berta boy. Oilers fans are the worst. I'm staying in Kenmore, no I'm not a drinker.

Quoting: Shibbal18
Galleria Mall on Galleria Dr, off of Union, has Laux, Dicks and Tee University. They also used to have some local memorabilia stores, idk if theyre still around, i havent been to that mall in a while. They also have Texas De Brazil, while not local, its a steak buffet, i highly recommend. El Agave is near there on Union (3870 Union Rd, Cheektowaga, NY 14225), that is my favorite Mexican spot
1 Walden Galleria, Buffalo, NY 14225

Eastern Hills Mall on Transit has Dave and Adams for memorabilia, as well as a big 716 store. Sto-Lat is there as well for pierogis and other Americanized Polish food as well as the new Bar Bill location for wings. Duffs has a newer location there too if you want an original
4545 Transit Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221

Niagara Fashion Outlets
1828 Military Rd, Niagara Falls, NY 14304
Usually has a merch shops, My Favourite Sports Store has some local stuff

Great Skate
3395 Sheridan Drive
Mostly Hockey equipment, but has jerseys, usually late August they have a sidewalk sale too where they sold off theyre outdated jerseys pretty cheap, but idk if they've been doing that lately

PURE HOCKEY STORE, AMHERST
3265 Sheridan Drive, Amherst, NY
National chain hockey equipment store, but also has merch

Front Row Sports
The Northtown Center at Amherst 1615 Amherst Manor Drive
Same Deal, equipment store with some merch, but this one is in one of the local rinks

Britesmith Brewing, 5611 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14221 Highly highly highly recommend, they have their own brews and Chef Ross Warhol is one of the best in the city. They have artisan pizza that is fantastic, but if youre looking for something else, the Chicken Sandwich they have there is elite

Pearl Street Grill & Brewery
76 Pearl St, Buffalo, NY 14202
Touristy but has been a game day spot for decades

Southern Tier Brewery Buffalo
7 Scott St, Buffalo, NY 14203
Used to be a sports bar named 716, covid casualty and Southern Tier moved in. Same building where the Beauts play

The Draft Room Buffalo
Corner of Perry & Illinois, 79 Perry St, Buffalo, NY 14203
Labatts Pub, where Biz unveiled the Spittin Chiclets Beer, next to the Arena

Hofbräuhaus
190 Scott St, Buffalo, NY 14204
German food and beer

Més Que
1420 Hertel Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216
Soccer bar, just has small plates, mostly just a bar

Taisho Hertel
1435 Hertel Ave, Buffalo, NY 14216
They just opened this location, but Taisho has pretty good sushi, imo the best in Buffalo, even though the family is Chinese not Japanese lol

The Irishman Pub
5601 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14221
Americanized Irish food

SATO Ramen
Multiple Spots
Best Ramen in the city

Buffalo has a ton of Breweries: Thin man, Other Half, Big Ditch, Belt Line, Flying Bison, Froth Brewing, plus many more, if thats something you're into, i can do a separate list
As well as a ton of restaurants, if you're looking for Indian, Bengali, Pakistani, Middle Eastern, African, Jamaican, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese (Pho), Thai (better than food I had in Thailand itself) or Japanese, there's more places I could list for you if you're interested
Also all of the cultural places like museums and such, i can help you there

Wings:
The Original Anchor Bar
+
The Original Duff's
3651 Sheridan Dr, Amherst, NY 14226
Both are for tourists pretty much at this point

Wingnutz
2675 Niagara Falls Blvd, Amherst, NY 14228
If youre here past Wednesday, order online and pick them up, weird spot, weird hours, kinda expensive, but one of the best wings in the city

La Nova Pizza
5151 Main St, Amherst, NY 14221
Ran by the mob, still one of the best imo, good Pizza too

Franco's Pizza
Multiple location
Delivery Pizza spot and the Wings are not consistent, but if you order it, Make sure to select Double cooked on the wings and they are some of the best in the city, if not theyre pretty average, which is disappointing. May not be worth it with all the other options

Full list of wing spots as ranked by Buffalo Wing Coalition:
v4dFXGM

WOW thanks so much dude! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond in such depth! Definitely some great sounding places I will check out when I'm there.
Shibbal18 liked this.
Aug. 24, 2022 at 12:07 p.m.
Eichel Tower

Sabrebluehs
Ihopeigetit
GMTD

I only just read your post.
Where will you be staying and how will you navigate the city?
Please tell me your price range for the food, there are too many to list TBH without knowing where you will be staying and your price range and how you will travel.

Buffalo has many micro breweries: https://uncoveringnewyork.com/breweries-in-buffalo/ I have been to most of these if you are interested.
Will you be in Buffalo long? Out side of sports, Buffalo has some of the best 19th Century architecture in the country.
If you are here you need to take in the Falls.

If possible I could meet you and give you a first class tour of the best places to eat and give you a tour of the city.
Aug. 25, 2022 at 12:53 p.m.
Sabres are elite
Quoting: GMTD
I only just read your post.
Where will you be staying and how will you navigate the city?
Please tell me your price range for the food, there are too many to list TBH without knowing where you will be staying and your price range and how you will travel.

Buffalo has many micro breweries: https://uncoveringnewyork.com/breweries-in-buffalo/ I have been to most of these if you are interested.
Will you be in Buffalo long? Out side of sports, Buffalo has some of the best 19th Century architecture in the country.
If you are here you need to take in the Falls.

If possible I could meet you and give you a first class tour of the best places to eat and give you a tour of the city.

I will be staying in Kenmore and will have a rental car so I can drive wherever. Idk about price range, probably in the $25 bucks range for a meal. Which buildings would you say have the best architecture in Buffalo? I have a couple places on my list to see but would be willing to add a few more spots.
Aug. 26, 2022 at 3:02 p.m.
Eichel Tower
I will be staying in Kenmore and will have a rental car so I can drive wherever. Idk about price range, probably in the $25 bucks range for a meal. Which buildings would you say have the best architecture in Buffalo? I have a couple places on my list to see but would be willing to add a few more spots.
Frank Lloyd Wright called The Darwin Martin House on Jewett Avenue his Opus.
https://martinhouse.org/ 125 Jewett Pkwy, Buffalo, NY 14214
They provide hourly tours, I found if you ask really probative questions of a committed docent, you can stretch that to a two hour tour, LOL.
https://buffalonews.com/news/local/mick-jagger-and-charlie-watts-take-time-out-to-visit-darwin-martin-house/article_a074902e-1bed-5587-9164-8e420d8fa4b7.html
Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts took time to tour the complex when they were here in 2015.
I would recommend a tour even if Mick and Jagger did not go there.

The Trinity Episcopal Church, 389 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY Is one of two Churches in the world to have stained glass windows designed by Tiffany and his teacher LaFarge.
https://buffaloah.com/a/del/389/hp/stgl.html
I cannot recommend this too highly, IMO it is a must if the church is open.
This is a gem we literally stumbled upon recently as it is not well advertised.

Just up the street is the Wilcox Mansion where Teddy Roosevelt was sworn in as President of the USA.
Ansley Wilcox Mansion / Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site / 641 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY

The now closed Buffalo Psychiatric center on Elmwood Avenue, was converted to an upscale hotel. While there are tours, a drive by is still worth the time.
400 Forest Ave, Buffalo, NY 14213

The Anchor Bar is a must if you are a wings fan as they were invented here in 1964.
They have a love Jazz Band most weekends.

Since you are only here a couple of days, that is enough.
Remember people travel from all over the world to see Niagara Falls, IMO it is a must see.
Of course, my wife and I would love to show you our city.
Skyraider112 liked this.
Aug. 26, 2022 at 10:13 p.m.
Sabres are elite
Quoting: GMTD
Frank Lloyd Wright called The Darwin Martin House on Jewett Avenue his Opus.
https://martinhouse.org/ 125 Jewett Pkwy, Buffalo, NY 14214
They provide hourly tours, I found if you ask really probative questions of a committed docent, you can stretch that to a two hour tour, LOL.
https://buffalonews.com/news/local/mick-jagger-and-charlie-watts-take-time-out-to-visit-darwin-martin-house/article_a074902e-1bed-5587-9164-8e420d8fa4b7.html
Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts took time to tour the complex when they were here in 2015.
I would recommend a tour even if Mick and Jagger did not go there.

The Trinity Episcopal Church, 389 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY Is one of two Churches in the world to have stained glass windows designed by Tiffany and his teacher LaFarge.
https://buffaloah.com/a/del/389/hp/stgl.html
I cannot recommend this too highly, IMO it is a must if the church is open.
This is a gem we literally stumbled upon recently as it is not well advertised.

Just up the street is the Wilcox Mansion where Teddy Roosevelt was sworn in as President of the USA.
Ansley Wilcox Mansion / Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site / 641 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY

The now closed Buffalo Psychiatric center on Elmwood Avenue, was converted to an upscale hotel. While there are tours, a drive by is still worth the time.
400 Forest Ave, Buffalo, NY 14213

The Anchor Bar is a must if you are a wings fan as they were invented here in 1964.
They have a love Jazz Band most weekends.

Since you are only here a couple of days, that is enough.
Remember people travel from all over the world to see Niagara Falls, IMO it is a must see.
Of course, my wife and I would love to show you our city.

Thanks for taking the time to respond! Some cool places you mentioned that I have not heard of or looked into yet but will definitely check out! I will probably forgo visiting the falls as I have been there before, not to say it isn't worth going a second time but we will see

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll