SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

Opening Day Projected Lineup

Aug. 26, 2022 at 9:53 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Forwards:

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Brown

Brwon gets the nod over Oshie and Mantha due to being a bit better on the boards in puck battles and being a slightly grittier player in my opinion. Ovi and Kuzy are locks.

Mantha-Strome-Sheary

Strome wins the center battle over McMichael and Sheary sneaks into the 2nd line over Oshie for the time being.

Eller-McMichael-Oshie

McMichael knocks Eller out of the center spot and Oshie stays on the third line to give experience to McMichael.

Jonsson-Fjallby-Dowd-Hathaway

Johansson fails to impress in preseason and gets the boot to scratches while AJF gets 4th line duties with Dowd and Hathaway.

Scratches: Johansson, Leason

Washington risks waivers with Snively and keeps Leason up for the time being. Hopefully they can get Leason some playing time and/or get rid of MoJo.

Defense:

Fehervary-Carlson

Laviolette begins with the same pairing he had for most of last year. Hopefully Carlson can improve defensively.

Orlov-Jensen

The strongest pairing last year stays the same.

Johansen-Van Riemsdyk

LuJo beats out Gustafsson for the 3LD spot and finally starts a season.

Scratches: Gustafsson

Irwin unfortunately loses out and is sent down, but with the hope he can be called up later in the year.

Goalies:

Kuemper
Lindgren
capsfan2121 liked this.
Sep. 10, 2022 at 5:59 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
I really want to see this but these aren’t projections. Irl I see shears being on the first or second line like he was last year.

Ovi/Kuzy/Oshie. This line was amazing in the playoffs when Wilson went down and they produced as well. Oshie being the grittier guy. Who can fight it out will be the fit here. Sheary or Brown could fit this role too

Mantha Strome Brown. Mantha is a lock for this spot. Strome was signed to be the 2c. Brown could bounce around in the line up. I’m really looking forward to watching him play

Mcmichael/Eller/Mojo nothing to say here expect I want eller and mojo gone and I want Mikey to have an amazing year and showcase his true talent

Sheary Dowd Hathaway. This line when together was terrific and I think this should be our fourth line for the whole year. Imo this would be the best 4th line in the league

D pairs are the same as yours

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll