SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Detroit Red Wings

I predict that Suter is traded once Fabbri gets healthy

Aug. 27, 2022 at 3:49 a.m.
Banned
Suter has one year remaining on his contract, and I imagine he's not part of the Yzerplan long-term, so it wouldn't make sense to let him walk for nothing. I'm not 100% sure on what Fabbri's timeline, but I'm guessing that he's expected to be able to come back a month or two before the trade deadline at the latest, so the timeline to do the swap arguably couldn't be more perfect, thereby making Pius Suter the PERFECT rental
aedoran liked this.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 10:05 p.m.
I don't know what they are going to do. They already have something like 14 forwards that are nhl'ers and probably another 2-3 prospects that are nhl ready. They say they are gonna let em all compete for spots, but they said that a lot in the Blashill/Holland era and then would always with the same old low production veterans. Something will have to give, but I think they will use the time that Fabbri is out to decide which players to keep going forward. There is also no guarantee that Fabbri isn't the one being traded, if they think he won't be the same after returning. My biggest hope is that guys like Zadina and Veleno break out under the new system, so they don't get traded away for peanuts.
Aug. 28, 2022 at 10:15 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: North_Kariya
I don't know what they are going to do. They already have something like 14 forwards that are nhl'ers and probably another 2-3 prospects that are nhl ready. They say they are gonna let em all compete for spots, but they said that a lot in the Blashill/Holland era and then would always with the same old low production veterans. Something will have to give, but I think they will use the time that Fabbri is out to decide which players to keep going forward. There is also no guarantee that Fabbri isn't the one being traded, if they think he won't be the same after returning. My biggest hope is that guys like Zadina and Veleno break out under the new system, so they don't get traded away for peanuts.

I think Veleno is a tweener, and is gonna be a perennial one already I'm afraid, but I do think Zadina still has a chance to be at least a decent scoring middle six winger long-term. The only forward prospect in the wings system that looks potentially NHL ready to me is Jonatan Berggren, and that's still just an "if". Also, doesn't really make sense to trade Fabbri after he got re-signed to a somewhat rich extension
Jan. 17, 2023 at 9:05 p.m.
Future Norris guy
Yeah well you predicted wrong.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 4:45 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: HockeyIsMyPassion61
Yeah well you predicted wrong.

Suter could still be moved. Doesn't make any sense for Yzerman to just let him walk, in fact, I might call it a failure, and that's not even considering where things are going with Larkin

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll