M-NTC, NMC
          UFA - 3
          Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
          $5,500,000$5,500,000
          RW, LW
          NMC
          UFA - 6
          $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
          LW, C
          RFA - 2
          $1,000,000$1,000,000
          C
          RFA - 1
          $3,100,000$3,100,000
          RW
          RFA - 2
          $1,250,000$1,250,000
          LW, RW
          UFA - 1
          $1,250,000$1,250,000
          C, RW
          UFA - 1
          $750,000$750,000
          RW, C
          UFA - 1
          $850,000$850,000
          LW, C, RW
          UFA - 1
          $750,000$750,000
          RW
          UFA - 1
          Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
          $9,250,000$9,250,000
          LD
          NMC
          UFA - 8
          $3,250,000$3,250,000
          RD
          UFA - 3
          $5,000,000$5,000,000
          G
          M-NTC
          UFA - 5
          $2,750,000$2,750,000
          LD/RD
          UFA - 4
          $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
          RD
          RFA - 1
          $750,000$750,000
          G
          UFA - 1
          Graves, Ryan
          $791,667$791,667
          $4,500,000$4,500,000
          RD
          UFA - 2
          $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
          LD
          RFA - 2
          ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
          $4,167,000$4,167,000
          LD
          M-NTC
          UFA - 1
          $2,200,000$2,200,000
          G
          UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
          • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 12:11 a.m.
          MisstheWhalers
          Add the Oilers 2023 2nd and the Jets accept.
          Mr_Canoehead liked this.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 12:18 a.m.
          Future Norris guy
          You're not getting rid of Foegele without attaching at least a 2nd round pick.

And once again that's a pretty poor offer for a future HOF players like Patrick Kane.
          SociallyHawkward liked this.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 12:30 a.m.
          Quoting: HockeyIsMyPassion61

And once again that's a pretty poor offer for a future HOF players like Patrick Kane.

Lol thats funny. If he is put on waivers he will get claimed.
          ural740811 and arab05 liked this.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 1:00 a.m.
          ural740811
          Quoting: MisstheWhalers
          Add the Oilers 2023 2nd and the Jets accept.

Can I add McDavid, do you mind?
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 1:23 a.m.
          ural740811
          Quoting: HockeyIsMyPassion61

Can I write down your thoughts?
          For Foegele, see above.
          About Kane. If you think that Chicago is in a winning position in this exchange, then it is not. If you're looking for a top 6 player, a promising prospect who finished the season at the top of the OHL, a first-round pick considered by many to be the strongest in recent years, and a second-round pick is not enough, then good luck finding a better offer. And you want this for one playoff, albeit an amazing player, but just a reminder that this player has a complete ban on movement and, accordingly, the player is able to simply block the transition for personal reasons, despite any fabulous offer. I think the Rangers and Oilers are the favorites for the trade for Kane, and with which team the trade will take place will depend on the whole and completely on the decision of Kane himself.
          arab05 liked this.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 8:20 a.m.
          MisstheWhalers
          Quoting: ural740811
          Can I add McDavid, do you mind?

Well if you insist.. lol 😆

Put him on waivers then, cap space is at a premium, the Jets should be ruthless with their cap space.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 8:43 a.m.
          Honestly I'd rather play Broberg. He's not going to develop sitting in the press box, and you want to give him as much experience as possible before the playoffs.
          Copenhagen liked this.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 8:44 a.m.
          ural740811
          Quoting: MisstheWhalers
          Well if you insist.. lol 😆

Put him on waivers then, cap space is at a premium, the Jets should be ruthless with their cap space.

Got it, packing.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 8:52 a.m.
          ural740811
          Edited Aug. 29, 2022 at 9:20 a.m.
          Quoting: CD282
          Honestly I'd rather play Broberg. He's not going to develop sitting in the press box, and you want to give him as much experience as possible before the playoffs.

I think everything is going according to Holland's carefully thought out plan, I assume that this is the scenario that events in Edmonton will develop. And through the playoffs, Broberg will be a full player in the playoffs, but not in this playoff.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 9:36 a.m.
          n.1 Topias Vilen fan
          Quoting: Copenhagen
          Lol thats funny. If he is put on waivers he will get claimed.

I say the same thing about Andreas Johnsson, and I get told I'm dreaming. There is no team in the league who would prefer Foegele to Andreas Johnsson, Mike McLeod, or Nate Bastian, all of whom look poised to not make the Devils this year. The only teams that have room for Foegele are the ones with no need to pay for him, like Arizona. Arizona probably waiver claims him, and definitely Johnsson, but if you want a morcel of value in return you're gonna have to give a damn good reason why a team would pay for that awful contract.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 9:48 a.m.
          I think everything is going according to Holland's carefully thought out plan, I assume that this is the scenario that events in Edmonton will develop. And through the playoffs, Broberg will be a full player in the playoffs, but not in this playoff.

Broberg already sat and watched in the last playoffs, he's going to get his TOI this year with the goal to playing regular minutes in the 2023 playoffs. The only way Holland brings in another LHD is if there's a major injury or Broberg falls flat on his face in the regular season - and then this deal won't happen until the deadline.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 12:43 p.m.
          ural740811
          Quoting: pretzelcoatl
          I say the same thing about Andreas Johnsson, and I get told I'm dreaming. There is no team in the league who would prefer Foegele to Andreas Johnsson, Mike McLeod, or Nate Bastian, all of whom look poised to not make the Devils this year. The only teams that have room for Foegele are the ones with no need to pay for him, like Arizona. Arizona probably waiver claims him, and definitely Johnsson, but if you want a morcel of value in return you're gonna have to give a damn good reason why a team would pay for that awful contract.

Well, firstly, the contract is not terrible, this time, if Edmonton had not been pressed to the ceiling, he would have calmly finished his contract.
          Secondly, we do not need any asset for it, realizing that we are pressed to the ceiling, we are ready to give it away for future considerations, but please do not confuse, we will not pay extra, because Foegele is a valuable asset.
          CD282 liked this.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 1:25 p.m.
          n.1 Topias Vilen fan
          Well, firstly, the contract is not terrible, this time, if Edmonton had not been pressed to the ceiling, he would have calmly finished his contract.
          Secondly, we do not need any asset for it, realizing that we are pressed to the ceiling, we are ready to give it away for future considerations, but please do not confuse, we will not pay extra, because Foegele is a valuable asset.

Suppose he clears waivers and you end up over the cap. What do you pay to dump his contract?
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 4:32 p.m.

Huh??? He has a NTC. How are you going to put him on waivers???
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 5:06 p.m.
          n.1 Topias Vilen fan
          Quoting: Copenhagen
          Huh??? He has a NTC. How are you going to put him on waivers???

NMC would protect from waivers. He has an NTC.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 8:35 p.m.
          ural740811
          Suppose he clears waivers and you end up over the cap. What do you pay to dump his contract?

Holland said in an interview this summer that he was ready to start the season with an under-roster (meaning maybe we start the season not with 23 players, but with 21 or 22 players in the roster due to the salary cap).
          In our situation, I admit the following development of events. Suppose, although I do not believe it, Holland can not exchange Foegele even for future considerations, then Foegele, having gone through a full pre-season cycle with the team, will go through refusals and even if in this case no one will take him (although given that he is an excellent player of the average six and I'm sure he will play excellent pre-season games and some team must take him), then in this case Edmonton will have the opportunity to send Foegele to the AHL, they will not necessarily send him there, but there will be such a possibility, and accordingly if he goes there and Ryan will go in the same direction, Edmonton will have the opportunity to enter the beginning of the season with 21 people, which is basically normal for the beginning of the season, not ideal of course, but not deadly. And then during the injury season, long-term injury lists and who knows, maybe this is Holland's plan, someone from the roster with an average contract will leave for a month or two in LTIR and then Edmonton will have the opportunity to fit 23 players under the ceiling. Also, do not forget that other teams will also have injuries, and perhaps the teams will become more accommodating and then there will be a real opportunity to exchange Foegele.
          And let's not forget about Arizona, for which the salary cap is not a problem, and which will probably take Foegele into its squad, since again Foegele is an excellent player in the middle six.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 8:36 p.m.
          Of course ppl gloss over the most unrealistic portion. In no world does Mcleod sign for only 1 million.

Mcleod isnt signing that low. Look at the Isac Lundestrom contract for a comparable. He's a legit 3C that can move with size. He could actually become a top6 and is coming off a great year with limited minutes and low quality linemates.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 9:12 p.m.
          ural740811
          Quoting: CD282
          Broberg already sat and watched in the last playoffs, he's going to get his TOI this year with the goal to playing regular minutes in the 2023 playoffs. The only way Holland brings in another LHD is if there's a major injury or Broberg falls flat on his face in the regular season - and then this deal won't happen until the deadline.

Many pundits are of the opinion that Edmonton needs to step up their defense ahead of the upcoming play-offs in order to really qualify for the Stanley Cup. I fully agree with this point of view. And it's not that I don't believe in our young defensemen, it's that the playoffs are a natural meat grinder and just to keep us from literally burying our growing talent, we need to add one experienced player at the trade deadline. defense is a given. Do not forget that the playoffs are a very traumatic time, and just for elementary safety net in case of injuries of a defender from the top 4, we need another experienced defender who is able to take on big minutes. I think this acquisition is even more important than the acquisition of Patrick Kane, this is a fact. For the playoffs, defense is essential.
          I guess in the season we will be included in the composition
          Nurse Ceci
          Kulak Bochard
          Broberg-Barrie
          Samorukov
          Broberg will play a full regular season. This is the situation with Barry. I thought about this question and realized such a thing. Holland will not change Barry this season, fact. Barry is Holland's bet. The contract with Barry is the brainchild of Holland and he appreciates the fact that Barry trusted him and signed him as a free agent, this is not empty words for the general manager. Holland will give Barry an opportunity to win the Stanley Cup this season. Well, I’ll probably express the general opinion that none of the Edmonton fans wants to trade Barry, everyone understands how well he moves the puck and what variability Barry gives to our defense. In an ideal world, if not a salary cap, Barry will play out his contract calmly, and all the teams will really lick their lips at Barry. But the reality is that next summer will be the moment when Holland trades Barry, I think it will.
          Further before the start of this season, I believe we will sign Chris Russell to a minimum contract, but that Russell, that Koekkoek will be lowered to the AHL. These steps will give us depth for this season. Samorukov will be the seventh defender of the season. And it is Samorukov who will be the consumable for which they will acquire an experienced defender. I think that they will acquire a left-back, because Barry will be in the third pair from the right. Broberg in this playoffs will be smoothly introduced into the game, not giving him all the games and even more big minutes. He will be the seventh defenseman in the playoffs.
          Next year, I suppose we will enter the season with this lineup
          Nurse Ceci
          Kulak Bouchard
          Broberg Desharnais
          Niemelainen
          And these guys are a damn strong gang, this line-up intrigues me.
          Aug. 29, 2022 at 10:16 p.m.
          ural740811
          Quoting: Koskinen_The_Great
          Of course ppl gloss over the most unrealistic portion. In no world does Mcleod sign for only 1 million.

Mcleod isnt signing that low. Look at the Isac Lundestrom contract for a comparable. He's a legit 3C that can move with size. He could actually become a top6 and is coming off a great year with limited minutes and low quality linemates.

I absolutely agree with you. MacLeod is the bomb, no question. But the thing is, Macleod will sign a friendly contract this season because he simply doesn't have arbitration rights and that contract will be in the $1-1.25 million range.
          What the general managers of other teams are doing is not an indicator for me, Holland's previous actions in similar situations are more indicative for me. Look at the example of Yamamoto, after his entry-level contract expired, he signed a one-year contract worth 1.175 million. Although the guy had two seasons behind him with 27 games and 26 points, and 52 games and 21 points. Therefore, I think in this fork 1-1.25 and a one-year contract with MacLeod will be signed.

To create a post please Login or Register
          Question:
          Options:
          Add Option
          Submit Poll