2$2,250,000
2$1,000,000
1$800,000
2$5,500,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Garland, Conor
Additional Details:
2nd, 3rd, and a solid young player probably gets Garland. Trade values are dumb these days ik, but it’s realistic, especially with the upcoming cap problems for the Canucks next year
VAN
  1. Abruzzese, Nick [RFA Rights]
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
+ 2023 3rd Round Pick (via Kerfoot trade, last season)
TOR
VAN
  1. Muzzin, Jake
Additional Details:
Assuming he retires due to injuries. If not, either trade him as a cap dump or don’t sign Jarry and instead get a really cheap backup (and Niemela goes to minors)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$84,500,000$84,253,117$0$0$246,883
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C
UFA - 4
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$856,667$856,667
LW
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
G
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$856,667$856,667
RD
RFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 5, 2022 at 11:39 p.m.
I hate this team
that doesn't get garly
Warpbox, majormoose007, remowilliams and 5 others liked this.
Sep. 5, 2022 at 11:40 p.m.
dont think canucks have to trade garland but leafs would have to add something as it isnt enough
remowilliams, mv21227, OldNYIfan and 3 others liked this.
Sep. 5, 2022 at 11:41 p.m.
Not even close. Garland was 31st in even strength scoring. Let’s see what this deal accomplishes.

Can’t miss prospect- no
2023 first- no
D man to play with Hughes- no

It accomplishes nothing. In no world does Vancouver do this.

And Vancouver is not that worried about cap. They maybe need to clear up 1-2 million.
cooliny, mv21227, OldNYIfan and 3 others liked this.
Sep. 5, 2022 at 11:43 p.m.
MajorMoose
Easy pass from Vancouver
Warpbox, mv21227, OldNYIfan and 2 others liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 12:01 a.m.
PDG over PDO
Canucks pass
Warpbox, audiodave and adamsandler liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 12:48 a.m.
Lambchopz17
Quoting: theleano1
Canucks pass

Quoting: majormoose007
Easy pass from Vancouver

Quoting: Warpbox
Not even close. Garland was 31st in even strength scoring. Let’s see what this deal accomplishes.

Can’t miss prospect- no
2023 first- no
D man to play with Hughes- no

It accomplishes nothing. In no world does Vancouver do this.

And Vancouver is not that worried about cap. They maybe need to clear up 1-2 million.

Quoting: nucksfan40
dont think canucks have to trade garland but leafs would have to add something as it isnt enough

Quoting: vapodz
that doesn't get garly

Bjorkstrand trade is a close comparable, this is far more than that. I love Garland but his value just isn’t that high. Unless they pay a team to take on cap dumps next year they need to move Garland (if they want Horvat to stay and to build a competent d core). I hate to say it but trade values are screwed rn, it’s the same reason a guy like Kerfoot is worth far less on the market than he actually is. Also, Garland wouldn’t even fetch a 1st at the deadline apparently, his value hasn’t gone up with one less playoff run. And, the cherry on top, Canucks have been rumoured to be looking for a “lockerroom change” and have been shopping Him.
I hate to say it, his value isn’t insane. Kerfoot was a 50 point player, almost entirely all at 5v5, and he’s worth barely anything. Bjorkstrand was a really good 2nd liner and got a 3rd and a 4th. Kulikob got traded for FC. This value totals up to close to a 1st, I don’t know how much you Nucks fans want for Garland but you aren’t getting full value
Sep. 6, 2022 at 12:49 a.m.
Vancouver has no reason to move Garland for less than a fair deal and there's no way we'd help out Toronto by taking Muzzin's contract, even if we had the cap space to do so.
majormoose007, Warpbox, adamsandler and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 12:50 a.m.
PDG over PDO
Quoting: Lambchopz
Bjorkstrand trade is a close comparable, this is far more than that. I love Garland but his value just isn’t that high. Unless they pay a team to take on cap dumps next year they need to move Garland (if they want Horvat to stay and to build a competent d core). I hate to say it but trade values are screwed rn, it’s the same reason a guy like Kerfoot is worth far less on the market than he actually is. Also, Garland wouldn’t even fetch a 1st at the deadline apparently, his value hasn’t gone up with one less playoff run. And, the cherry on top, Canucks have been rumoured to be looking for a “lockerroom change” and have been shopping Him.
I hate to say it, his value isn’t insane. Kerfoot was a 50 point player, almost entirely all at 5v5, and he’s worth barely anything. Bjorkstrand was a really good 2nd liner and got a 3rd and a 4th. Kulikob got traded for FC. This value totals up to close to a 1st, I don’t know how much you Nucks fans want for Garland but you aren’t getting full value

Unlike Columbus we don't need to drop a player for cap reason, if we are trading Garland it will be for a top 4 rhd otherwise we will just keep him
Warpbox, audiodave, adamsandler and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 12:58 a.m.

Bjorkstrand isn't a close comparable. Columbus needed to get under the cap after signing Gaudreau. The Canucks don't have that problem. So, there's no comparison.
majormoose007, Warpbox, theleano1 and 3 others liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 1:05 a.m.

Do you know how many teams Garland would have led in 5-5 points? 14. Nearly half the league. Vancouver doesn’t have to move him for scraps. He’s not a “cap dump” You want Garland? We want Niemela++. We don’t want “a basket where if you add up all the value you get a first” Garland had more even strength points then Nylander at 2 million less.
audiodave, adamsandler, majormoose007 and 2 others liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 1:52 a.m.
Lambchopz17
Quoting: audiodave
Bjorkstrand isn't a close comparable. Columbus needed to get under the cap after signing Gaudreau. The Canucks don't have that problem. So, there's no comparison.

Canucks aren’t in that issue this year, but this mock trade is for Next Year. If they resign Horvat and want tk fix the d core, which I can’t see them not doing; then cap needs to be cleared one way or another. It would either need to be cap dumped via Myers or a collection of others, which would cost assets, or trade Garland for below average value. If they go the Garland route, the return won’t be high. Niemela+++ is a bigger return than what Kevin Fiala got my guy. Kerfoot had 43 5v5 points; is he worth a 1st + now? And again, this isn’t a knock on Garland. He’s a really good 2RW. This is the league we’re in rn, just look at trade values and how they’ve been. It’s really stupid, but don’t take it out on me for mocking a trade that is built similar to what we have seen around the league
Sep. 6, 2022 at 2:10 a.m.
PDG over PDO
Canucks aren’t in that issue this year, but this mock trade is for Next Year. If they resign Horvat and want tk fix the d core, which I can’t see them not doing; then cap needs to be cleared one way or another. It would either need to be cap dumped via Myers or a collection of others, which would cost assets, or trade Garland for below average value. If they go the Garland route, the return won’t be high. Niemela+++ is a bigger return than what Kevin Fiala got my guy. Kerfoot had 43 5v5 points; is he worth a 1st + now? And again, this isn’t a knock on Garland. He’s a really good 2RW. This is the league we’re in rn, just look at trade values and how they’ve been. It’s really stupid, but don’t take it out on me for mocking a trade that is built similar to what we have seen around the league

Canucks would most likely dump the other assets with 2 of pearson Dickinson or Myers to create the cap room before dumping Garland for scraps, Kerfoot is an ufa at the end of the year being the reason why he isn't worth a high package also most teams would contribute his success on playing with Tavares and Nylander
adamsandler, majormoose007, remowilliams and 2 others liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 2:55 a.m.
Lambchopz17
Canucks would most likely dump the other assets with 2 of pearson Dickinson or Myers to create the cap room before dumping Garland for scraps, Kerfoot is an ufa at the end of the year being the reason why he isn't worth a high package also most teams would contribute his success on playing with Tavares and Nylander

I certainly agree with Kerfoot getting help from those two, but he still produced on the same level as them or even outproduced them at 5v5. 1 year being left on the deal never scared people for asking for 3-4 1st rounder worth of value for guys like Miller/Kane. And in regards to dumping those guys, the cost to dump them would likely balance out in terms of assets than if you were to trade Garland for a package like this (trading lets say a 2nd and a 3rd to clear cap to fit in Garland might not be as ideal for Vancouver as they instead could get a 2nd and 3rd and young guy or whatever the return is, and keep the others while breaking even for cap yk)
Sep. 6, 2022 at 2:57 a.m.
Lambchopz17

Kinda like what Columbus did with Bjorkstrand. They could have paid to dump Voracek, but the ask for dump him was a 1st + a prospect. They could choose between losing the 1st and prospect, and Voracek as a player, but keep Bjorkstrand, or they could choose to keep the pick and prospect, keep Voracek, and move on from Bjorkstrand
Sep. 6, 2022 at 9:33 a.m.

Columbus had to trade Bjorkstrand, Canucks are under no obligation to trade Garland. If you want him it will cost a package including Lilijegren
Warpbox and Juiceman liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 11:51 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Kinda like what Columbus did with Bjorkstrand. They could have paid to dump Voracek, but the ask for dump him was a 1st + a prospect. They could choose between losing the 1st and prospect, and Voracek as a player, but keep Bjorkstrand, or they could choose to keep the pick and prospect, keep Voracek, and move on from Bjorkstrand

Miller is getting a 3 mil raise. Say Horvat gets a 2 mil raise which is GENEROUS. Thats an extra 5 mil we need to create. With the cap increasing my 1 mil, we only need 4 mil extra. With Holtby and Virtanen buyouts coming off the books, there is an extra 2.5 mil coming off the books. Now we just need to get rid of 1.5 mil. Last time I checked, teams don't trade elite 5v5 point producers because they need 1.5 mil in cap space to accomodate recent RFA extensions...
Warpbox liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll