SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2022-23 NHL Season Predictions

2022-23 NHL Season Predictions

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: Z0ra
Published: Sep. 6, 2022 at 10:04 a.m.
Description
This is my final season predictions. I did post Armchair Threads for all 32 teams with the same concept. This is my standings for each division.

Comment your predictions. Agree or disagree?
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
PACIFIC DIVISION
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
Edmonton Oilers
118 pts (p). I think Edmonton is the clear-cut choice to win the Pacific. In fact, they are good enough to win the President’s Trophy. Campbell in goal is a big improvement over Smith and Koskinen, though Campbell didn’t have a solid finish to last season. But that was behind a team that doesn’t play defense. For the defense, a full season of Broberg helps the Oilers keep the puck out of the net. Bouchard also showed massive growth last year, and I feel like the same type of growth could be displayed this season. The Oilers could lose Barrie, but Nurse is there, and Ceci has shown that he’s a solid defensive defenseman in the NHL. There’s lots of starpower at forward, who knows whether Puljajarvi will play like the player that the Oilers saw before they drafted him. McDavid and Draisaitl are still there, and a full season of Woodcroft and Kane should help the Oilers score way more goals. Overall, a lot of promise for the organization and fans.
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Los Angeles Kings
104 pts (x). I think LA is a better team than last, tied with the Flames. I could see Calgary getting 2nd and LA getting 3rd. The addition of Fiala will fix the Kings lack of winger depth and gives them another legit first liner. Other than that, not many additions are made. They do have some key signings to do, Anderson and Durzi on defense, which is the part that will get them out of first place. Maybe Clarke can come in for nine games? Its also unknown whether Doughty is healthy to start the season. If Doughty doesn’t come back for half the season, then the Kings are in trouble. Goaltending was better than previous years, with a healthy defense, the goaltending shouldn’t be a problem. While Quick’s play has downgraded since 2018, Petersen has proven himself as a legit 1B goalie.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
Calgary Flames
103 pts (x). Despite them losing Tkachuk and Gaudreau, I still think Calgary can succeed this season. They will be a different looking team, but still decent enough to make the playoffs. I think Kadri can replace Gaudreau and Huberdeau can replace Tkachuk perfectly. Pelletier appears to be ready for NHL duties, meaning Mangiapane and Lindholm will have to build upon their outstanding season last year. A full season of Toffoli can benefit Calgary well, and the defense is actually better than last year. Adding in Weeger gives Calgary a solid special teams option. Markstrom should be able to repeat his Vezina-caliber success this year, and Vladar is a solid backup. Overall, this Flames team may look different, but they still look promising.
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
Vancouver Canucks
92 pts (x). I think Vancouver will be one of the wild card teams this year. They will get out of the hump and finally make the playoffs. Under Boudreau, the record was way above 500, I think if the Canucks play the same way, they can make a push. Their forward core is much deeper in depth with Mikheyev and Kuzmenko. In a middle six role, Mikheyev can produce points, we don’t know how Kuzmenko will do. Defense hasn’t changed, and goaltending got better. Martin is a better backup over Halak. Overall, a quiet offseason for Vancouver, but with how deep their team is, they will be a playoff team.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
Anaheim Ducks
85 pts. Compared to last season, their team is much better on paper. Bringing in Strome, Vatrano, and Klingberg were stabilizing moves, they will really change the look of this team. I know a lot of people have Vegas above them, but with the Golden Knights goaltending, its unknown whether they can deliver. A full season of MacTavish will give the Ducks some much needed grit and goal scoring, something that they lost with the retirement of Getzlaf. Zegras will look to build on his stellar rookie season, scoring at least 70 points. Zellweger and Perreault can also make the roster, at least for nine games. Overall, this Ducks team will be better, but still miss the playoffs. There are some holes at forward and Gibson could be traded by the start of the season.
7Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Ottawa Senators
Vegas Golden Knights
83 pts. I think this will be another down season for the Golden Knights. The injury to Robin Lehner will hurt their goaltending, we don’t know whether Thompson can handle a larger workload. However, in the small sample size he played, he did really well. The trade for Hill was amazing for Vegas as Hutchinson is inconsistent. They also have Patrick on LTIR, they are hoping that Manninen can replicate his production. According to a lot of sources, Manninen will be playing in the Golden Knights bottom six. He was the player that scored the GWG for Finland during the World Championship gold medal game. A full season of Eichel and a healthy Mark Stone on a line together will be lethal. Kessel in the bottom six will give Vegas a goal-scoring presence. High chance he goes back to the 30+ goal scorer he once was, now that he’s on a contender. Overall, I expect the Golden Knights to be competitive, but the Pacific Division is deep. With the goaltending gone and questions regarding their bottom 6, they will miss.
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
Seattle Kraken
81 pts. The Kraken were one of the teams that had a very good offseason. I may have them at 7th, but they could easily get 4th. They probably had the best draft ever, getting Wright in the draft was a bonus, especially if he’s ready to be the 2C to start off the season. I think in the long run at best Wennberg will be a 3C. Burakovsky will add some leadership and playoff experience to that roster. A full season of Tanev would be interesting to see as well as the impact that Beniers will have. 9 points in 10 games is amazing for a young player. McCann could build upon last year’s breakout season as well. While the forward core is set, the defense still lacks depth. No one is yet capable of becoming a bonified No. 1 d-man. Also its unknown whether Grubauer will bounce-back or not. Overall, very exciting team to look forward to, but there are still a lot of question marks, so I have them at the bottom. They will be competitive and could be in the race for a wild card, but with how deep the Pacific is, I doubt they will get in the playoffs.
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
San Jose Sharks
I would say everyone else in the Pacific Division has a shot at the playoffs. However, the Sharks are the only team that don’t have a shot at the playoffs. With the direction that Grier is going towards, I think the Sharks will miss out on the playoffs. Trading for Kunin does add some depth for the long run, and I think the rebuild will be centered around Eklund. The Sharks could count on either Merkley or Vlasic to replace Burns, and a full season of Eklund and Bordeleau will be interesting to watch. Goaltending they just traded Hill, and are rolling with Kahkonen and Reimer. I don’t see Reimer being part of the future, I think sooner rather than later we will see Makiniemi develop into the future starter that the Sharks project him to be. If anything in this year’s draft the Sharks should draft a goalie, there are some goalies that have potential to be drafted inside the top 15. Overall, I think this is the start of a rebuild for the Sharks. They won’t be the worst team in the NHL by any means, with Eklund, Meier, Karlsson, and Hertl, I see them getting around the 60-70 point mark.
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
CENTRAL DIVISION
11Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the San Jose Sharks
Colorado Avalanche
112 pts (y). Nothing much to say about this team, though I do think goaltending will be worse. Georgiev has been inconsistent during his time with the Rangers, and its unknown whether Francouz can handle 60+ games. Also Kadri being gone is a huge blow, Newhook should be ready to take the next step forward in his development. Even with the losses of Kuemper and Kadri, this Colorado is still the best in the Central.
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
St Louis Blues
I think this will be another successful season for the Blues. I may have them in 2nd, but with Colorado’s goaltending being such a question mark, the Blues could easily steal 1st place. Binnington is poised for a bounce-back season, and Robert Thomas will just continue to excel, now that he has that big eight-year contract. Kyrou will also build upon last year’s stellar performance; he’s proven that he can be a reliable top 6 winger in the NHL. The Blues did resign Leddy, which will give them a solid penalty kill option. The top 4 of that defensive core is still deep. Really there’s no holes in their lineup, however can Binnington be consistent? Who also breaks into the bottom six. Could we see a full season of Neighbors? I do think Neighbours will be around for the full season. Overall, this team is a lock for the playoffs, considering how bad the Central is this year.
13Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York Islanders
Minnesota Wild
102 pts (x). Even without Fiala, this Minnesota team still has a shot of making the playoffs, given who’s in the Central division. Losing Fiala will hurt them for sure, but Boldy appears to be ready to take the next step in his development. Also the Wild should get a full season of Rossi, we know he can put a high amount of points. This year, I see him getting at least 40. Complete offensive powerhouse, mostly known for his playmaking. Eriksson Ek and Hartman repeating last year’s brilliant performance is for sure a question mark, with Kaprizov I believe they can. Also a full season of Fleury could make the goaltending more consistent, Gustavsson is a decent backup. His numbers didn’t look great because he was behind an Ottawa team that was on thin depth. The Wild defense is one of the best in the Central, if not equal with Colorado. They finish third, but with that defense I could easily see them getting 2nd. Overall, the Wild will get an easy ride to the playoffs, but there are some holes with Fiala gone. It would be up to Rossi and Boldy to develop well.
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
Nashville Predators
97 pts (x). The team that they had last season is pretty much the same team that they have this year. Compared to the teams below them, however, the Predators have the starpower to be a wild card team and make the playoffs. Only real addition was Niederreiter, who could play a small role in the Predators top 9. Sanford was also added, but more than likely he will start off the season as a healthy scratch. On defense, the acquisition of McDonagh should make the Predators defense more better, the defense last year was one of the Predators bright spots. However, the biggest question mark is whether Saros can repeat last year’s Vezina-caliber success. The backup position is a question mark, can Lankinen play better on a deeper team?
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
Dallas Stars
88 pts. Before the Oettinger signing, I had Dallas below Winnipeg. Now that he’s signed I have the order swapped. But either way, Dallas misses the playoffs. If Dallas wants to be in contention, they must get Robertson signed before the midway portion of the season. With Robertson in the roster, they will for sure finish ahead of Winnipeg, possibly even Nashville. Marchment is a crucial signing, but can he replicate his last season in Florida? He’s a less deeper team, so the answer is unknown. Miller and Butcher add a defensive presence in their d-core. Overall, an interesting team here, but without their top scorer, it will be a tough road to the playoffs.
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
Winnipeg Jets
85 pts. As a Jets fan, I do think they will be near the bottom. Luckily for them, they have Arizona and Chicago in their division, so they will be near contention. The Jets probably had the worst offseason out of any team, nothing much changed about their team. I see this being Chevy’s last season as GM, he has drafted well, but hasn’t made any impactful moves. They did bring in Rittich as the backup, but I think Salminen will beat him for the job. The last two seasons for Rittich weren’t great. Forward wise, a full season of Perfetti and Barron should be impactful. Winnipeg could potentially get Lucius in their lineup, mainly in the top nine. Gustavsson will finally make the team, giving the Jets a solid penalty kill option, something that was really bad for them last season. This is also the year where Heinola or Samberg should get a top 4 role, at times they showed that they can deliver in that role, especially Heinola. With Lucius now in the lineup, Wheeler should be moved down to the bottom 6, he isn’t getting much younger. Hellebuyck is poised for a bounce-back season, last year wasn’t great for him. Though that was mostly because the defense wasn’t great, the wrong guys were playing. Its unknown whether Salminen can handle the backup role. If he doesn’t Rittich will take his spot. Also, it will be interesting to see how Bowness will do as the new head coach. This will be a repeat of last year, but if the team is able to mesh well under Bowness, they can surprise a lot of people and be a playoff team.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-
Arizona Coyotes
60 pts. When you compare Arizona and Chicago’s offseason, I think Arizona gained a lot of pieces while Chicago lost most of their trades. They could be without Hayton for the first quarter of the season, he still hasn’t been resigned. The Crouse signing is a sigh of relief, Gillies is a better backup than Hutton. Stetcher and Brown add stability to Arizona’s d-core. Bjugstad is another solid addition and Guenther could be on the team, giving the Coyotes a goal-scorer. The Coyotes did lose Kessel, but Guenther could replace him in the long run. This team is a clear frontrunner for Bedard, Fantilli, or Michkov. But they are better than Chicago for sure.
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-
Chicago Blackhawks
47 pts. The Blackhawks were really easy to rank. Even with Kane and Toews, I still this Blackhawks team is the worst in the Central. I didn’t like the DeBrincat and Dach trades, I thought they will build their team around those two. On the blue line, the Blackhawks just have Jones, I don’t think Korchinski will be NHL-ready this year. For goaltender, they have two injury prone goaltenders. I think the only saving grace on that team is Lukas Reichel, whether he plays in the NHL this year is a question mark. He absolutely should, once Kane and Toews get traded, they won’t have much guys to take that next step. Nazar was a steal for them, but won’t be NHL-ready until the end of the year. Domi and Athanasiou are solid top 9 additions but not even close to replacing the production of DeBrincat and Dach. This team is the front runner for Bedard, Fantilli, and Michkov, the Blackhawks will be the worst NHL team this year.
19Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
METROPOLITAN DIVISION
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-
Carolina Hurricanes
114 pts (z). The Hurricanes are an interesting team. They are one of the teams that lost people but gained additions. The Burns trade was amazing for them, he will give a different look to their d-core without DeAngelo. The Pacorietty trade was also a good one, but the fact that he’s out for more than half the year is scary. I feel like even without him the Hurricanes will be a solid team. The Jennings tandem of Andersen and Raanta are still there, the defensive core is still the same (they did lose DeAngelo but brought in Burns), and forward wise there are a lot of questions. Necas being resigned is a plus for the Hurricanes, and Kase and Dzingel are solid depth additions. Stastny will provide some nice leadership as well. The biggest loss for them is Trocheck, whoever gets that 2C spot is a question mark, probably one of the younger forwards. This division is competitive, however I think the Hurricanes have the edge over everyone, given the pieces they acquired and what they lost.
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
Pittsburgh Penguins
109 pts (x). Nothing much to say about this team. Resigning Malkin and Letang was crucial. Losing Marino leaves a hole in their defensive core, but either Smith or Joseph could fill that void. Overall, this is the last chance that the Penguins have to win the Cup. If not, we could see a full rebuild.
22Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
New York Rangers
100 pts (x). This New York team is pretty much the same team as last year, only with a full season of Kravtsov. Carpenter is also a decent addition, I enjoyed watching him during his days in Chicago. This is also Kakko’s last year to prove himself as the 2nd overall pick in his draft year. If he delivers, I can see the Rangers finishing ahead of Pittsburgh. They now have new leadership in Trouba, will he deliver? That remains unknown. The Rangers also have another season with Fox and a full season of Lundvist and Schneider. Both showed solid progression during their time in the NHL. Shesterkin also has proven himself as an elite goalie in this league with his Vezina win. Nothing much in the Metro has changed, so the Rangers still make the playoffs.
23Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
New Jersey Devils
91 pts (x). Total hot take here, but I do have the Devils being a playoff team. However, in order to do that, they need a healthy Blackwood and no major injuries to any of their forwards. I think that was the thing that hurt them last year. I love the additions that the Devils made this offseason. Vanecek is a way better option than Bernier (it actually makes Bernier expendable), gives the Devils more stability in goal. Haula over Zacha is pretty much the same, however Palat gives the Devils some playoff experience. Holtz could also give them extra forward depth and more goals scored. He has unbelieveable goal-scoring ability. On defense, the Devils could get Nemec in the top 4 (though I highly doubt it, Severson and Graves are signed for just this season, Severson might leave), and Marino is a solid top 4 option as well that will stay in the team’s top 4. The Devils have all the tools to be a playoff team, but their roster just needs to stay healthy if they want the playoffs.
24Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
Washington Capitals
90 pts. Extreme hot take here, I expect Washington to miss the playoffs by a bare margin. I feel like the loss of Backstrom and Wilson are huge blows. Lapierre is an unproven full-time NHL forward and for Wilson there isn’t a person to replace him. Put Backstrom on LTIR, and maybe they can sign someone and good things will happen. The Capitals also lost Shultz, so the defense is slightly weaker. However, despite losing the Samsonov and Vanecek tandem, Washington managed to sign Kuemper who is a decent starter. Lindgren is an underrated backup, he did well in a starting role for the Blues. Overall, this team can be competitive, but there are some holes to fill with Backstrom and Wilson gone. And this will be an unlucky season, the Capitals will miss the playoffs, but barely. I see them getting screwed, they will get around 90 points.
25Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
Columbus Blue Jackets
86 pts. I think this Columbus is a lot better on paper than last year, but still not enough pieces to be a playoff team. They will be competitive for sure, adding Gaudreau could push them over the edge with their forward core. Defensively, there’s still some holes to be filled, I love that they drafted Jiricek, a nine-game trial is possible. He has the size and defensive aspects to make that happen. Laine being signed to an extension is crucial, and Korpisalo is poised for a bounce-back season. A full season of Johnson and Blankenburg should solidify the depth of this team.
26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
New York Islanders
84 pts. Contrary to many belief, I think the Islanders have another down season. Most of their moves were underwhelming, like acquiring yet another defensive d-man in Romanov. He isn’t the offensive d-man that the Islanders desperately need, luckily they did resign Dobson. They did miss out on signing Gaudreau and Kadri, which were the two big fish free agents. The forward core still remains the same, though Raty could prove himself as a late-round steal. Last season was a good one, but can he produce well at the NHL level? That remains unknown, a nine-game trial will answer that question. The Islanders saving grace however, is Sorokin. Whether he can repeat his stellar performance from last season is also unknown.
27Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
Philadelphia Flyers
75 pts. I think this will be another disappointing season for the Flyers. After hiring Torts and trading for DeAngelo, they didn’t do a lot of impactful moves or signings. The Deslauriers signing was a questionable one, bit of an overpayment. Also they will be continuing to miss out on the play of Ellis and Farabee. Ellis is close, but Farabee isn’t out until mid or late November. Also keep in mind, Bobby Brink won’t be playing until mid-January. However, the Flyers will be playing a full season with Tippett. With all the injury troubles that the Flyers are having, its not enough to be a contender this year. A big-name prospect like Foerster could make his NHL debut this year. They will play better, now that they have DeAngelo, but it still isn’t enough. Can Carter Hart bounce back from two rough seasons? We will see. Can Sandstrom play at a consistent level this year? The Flyers goalie situation is questionable. Overall, there’s a lot of question marks with this team, so I see them as a lottery team once again.
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
ATLANTIC DIVISION
29Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
Florida Panthers
109 pts (y). I still Florida is the best in the Atlantic, but I think they will do worse than last year. They did lose some big pieces, like Marchment, Chiarot, Weeger, and Giroux. Huberdeau is also a huge loss, but Tkachuk is the perfect replacement for him. But I do feel like Bobrovsky’s play will be worse under an offensive-oriented coach. As a Jets fan, Paul Maurice mostly cares about offense, he doesn’t really care much about defense. I feel like that could hurt the Panthers slightly. But they still have the pieces to be the best in this division.
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York Rangers
Tampa Bay Lightning
104 pts (x). The Lightning was the easiest prediction out of every team. Their Cup Final-caliber team is pretty much the same, except they don’t have Palat. Simple as that, I won’t get too deep into this explanation.
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
Boston Bruins
Hot take here, I have the Bruins finishing ahead of the Maple Leafs. I know that some people are predicting them to miss the playoffs, and I get that. That’s what I had in the last prediction. But realizing how much time the Bruins top players are going to miss time, I have them much higher. I thought that Marchand and McAvoy are out for the first half of the season, but they are only out till December, so it isn’t the biggest of blows for the Bruins. Bergeron and Krejci are back, that’s also a plus. The same goalie tandem of Ullmark and Swayman are still there. Another reason why, and this is the big reason, I have them this high because I feel like this is their last year where they will make a push. Guys like Marchand and Bergeron aren’t getting younger. Also the rumors regarding Pastrnak’s future is a question mark. I think after this year, Boston will go on a rebuild and build their team around McAvoy and Swayman. The team this year is pretty much the same as last season, so I don’t expect the Bruins to miss the playoffs, even with their top players barring injuries. One more injury however, they are doomed.
32Logo of the Edmonton OilersLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Toronto Maple Leafs
99 pts (x). The Maple Leafs were tough to predict. With Boston attempting to make one last push, and Ottawa, Detroit, and Buffalo getting better, Toronto if anything got worse. But with the starpower they have in Matthews, Marner, and Tavares, I still have them in a playoff spot. However, this is their last year to win a first round series. If they fail to do so, they should rebuild and fire Dubas. The goaltending got worse, Murray and Samsonov have been inconsistent the past few seasons. The defense is still iffy, the bottom six is slightly weaker than last year. Overall, lots of starpower, but this Toronto team will be slightly worse.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
Ottawa Senators
90 pts. The Senators had the best offseason out of every team in the Atlantic Division. After ending last season 10-5-1, they land Giroux who will provide leadership to young guns like Stutzle, Pinto, Norris, and Batherson. Ottawa honestly fleeced Chicago in the DeBrincat trade, he adds a much-needed goal scoring presence in their top line. However, whether he still has the 40-goal vibes is a question mark, given the fact that Patrick Kane is no longer his linemate. Norris also can provide that, but I see him as a high-end 2C, while Stutzle is the 1C. Don’t forget that the Senators have Jarventie and Greig in the mix as well. Sanderson adds a two-way presence on the defense and Brannstrom is poised for a breakout season. Goaltending, Talbot is a better addition than Murray. Forsberg established himself as a low-end starter, playing really well last year. Overall, this Senators team improved a lot, but there are still some holes in the bottom six and after Talbot’s contract is up, whoever becomes the starting goalie is a question mark. Ottawa will be competitive, but in the end, they will miss the playoffs. The Atlantic is tough competition.
34Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Arizona Coyotes
Detroit Red Wings
82 pts. Its unfortunate that Detroit is in the Atlantic. If they were in the Western Conference, then they would have a real shot at the playoffs. Given the additions they made this offseason, they deserve to be competitive. They were last year, but injuries midway through the season butchered their playoff hopes. As a Jets fan, I love Copp as the 2C behind Larkin. At best, Suter is a 3C. Perron and Kubalik are solid additions as well. Chiarot and Maatta are also solid two-way defenseman that will add much-needed depth on Detroit’s blue line. And Husso has shown that he can be a consistent starter during the regular season. Seider and Raymond are poised to build upon their stellar rookie seasons, and this year is Zadina’s last chance to breakout in the NHL. Overall, this Detroit team has the right pieces to be competitive, but with how stacked this division is, they won’t be a playoff team unfortunately.
35Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
Buffalo Sabres
81 pts. Unfortunately, this is another year where Buffalo ends up at rock bottom. The teams above them are also competitive. Buffalo will also be competitive, but not as much as Ottawa and Detroit. I would say everyone in this division has a chance of making the playoffs except Montreal. They will be competitive, the best they can finish is 4th, given the additions they made. As a Jets fan, I love the addition of Comrie in goal, however whether he can handle the starter role is a big question mark. The most amount of games Comrie has played is at least 20, but last season was his best season. If Buffalo wants to be in contention for the playoffs, Comrie must repeat last years performance. Anderson would make for a solid mentor. Lybushkin is a very good defensive defenseman, he will definitely help the Sabres defense keep the puck out of the net. A full season of Owen Power is definitely a plus, though they did lose Miller. Forward wise, they still have the same forward core, being able to resign Olofsson is a bonus. The Sabres also have Quinn and Peterka really for full-time NHL jobs. Thompson should repeat last year’s success if the Sabres want to make a push.
36Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
Montreal Canadiens
70 pts. The Canadiens are the only team that doesn’t have a shot at the playoffs. They will be better than last year, they do have a bounce-back candidate in Monahan. Unknown whether Slafkovsky gets a full-time NHL spot, but with his high compete level, size, and shot, I think he could. Price weakens their goaltending, Allen has been an inconsistent starter the past few seasons, even in his days in St. Louis. Primeau could be ready for full-time NHL duties, I actually prefer him over Montembault. Even on a deep Florida team, Montembault’s numbers didn’t look great. Montreal could be better with a full season of St. Louis as coach. Guys like Caufield and Suzuki played much better. Petry and Romanov are big losses, hopefully Guhle and Harris can contribute on the blue line. Better team than last year for sure, but not deep enough to be a playoff team.
37Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the New Jersey Devils
38Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
39Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Ottawa Senators
40Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
41Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
42Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
43Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the San Jose Sharks
44Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
45Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New York Islanders
46Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
47Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
48Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
49Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Nashville Predators
50Logo of the Dallas Stars-
51Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
52Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington Capitals
53Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
54Logo of the Boston Bruins-
55Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the St. Louis Blues
56Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
57Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Minnesota Wild
58Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
59Logo of the Calgary Flames-
60Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
61Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Florida Panthers
62Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
63Logo of the New York Rangers-
64Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
65Logo of the New York IslandersLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Sep. 6, 2022 at 10:27 a.m.
power forward
power forward
BruinsFan35 liked this.
power forward
Sep. 6, 2022 at 10:28 a.m.
power forward
power forward
BuFfaLOFaN and TheMooterus liked this.
power forward
power forward
Saskleaf liked this.
power forward
Sep. 6, 2022 at 10:29 a.m.
power forward
DongLord23 liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 10:29 a.m.
power forward
Sep. 6, 2022 at 10:30 a.m.
KFTW
I think Ottawa could make the playoffs tbh
Sep. 6, 2022 at 11:25 a.m.
Evans truther
Edited Sep. 6, 2022 at 3:43 p.m.
Can't see Florida win the best division in the league again. It's not only about what they lost this offseason (Marchment, Weegar, etc) and what they're about to lose to be cap compliant (Likely Hörnqvist but who knows) but also the loss of 31 goals from Duclair. He'll be back by mid season but the harm will already be done by then and Tampa/Toronto will have a leg up on the division title.

Quoting: csick
I think Ottawa could make the playoffs tbh

Missing the playoffs by 1 point would still be a big step forward for them.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 11:11 p.m.
you think a team like the sharks with an inept offense and huge holes in their D should go net-minder with their 1st? where you serious cause you have the sharks with a top 5 pick based on your standings and that seems a huge waste of potential, especially when they have 2 solid NHL goalies and 5 prospects with NHL potential.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:52 p.m.
Welcome to Chicago, Mr Bedard.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll