$4,975,000$4,975,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $6,400,000$6,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $1,850,000$1,850,000
    LW
    RFA
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
    C
    RFA - 1
    $2,950,000$2,950,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 4
    $762,500$762,500
    LW
    RFA - 2
    $950,000$950,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 6
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $3,666,667$3,666,667
    G
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
    $4,025,000$4,025,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    LD/RD, LW
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $750,000$750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,300,000$1,300,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 2:25 p.m.
    Let Him Cook
    canes would keep pesce imo
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.
    Holy Shnikies! A big ole swing and a miss.
    gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 2:32 p.m.
    Mr Pucker PHD
    Pesce too valuable for the Canes to trade in their window for a cup
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 2:33 p.m.
    Shibbal18
    Why would the Sabres take Ottawa's cap dumps. The Sabres arent rebuilding, already have 3 2nds, and the #1 prospect pool in the league, that trade does nothing
    wojme liked this.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 2:48 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: InRodWeTrust
    Holy Shnikies! A big ole swing and a miss.

Geez 1 1st, 2nd, and a possible future 2nd line winger for a defenseman that never hit 30 points? When you think Ryan Ellis got moved for N. Patrick & P. Myers.... D. Toews 2 2nd rounders... Lindholm a 1st and 2 2nd's but Lindholm is the better player here.... So the trade proposal is a legit one. Anything more than that is definitely an overpay
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 2:53 p.m.
    I believe the point here is that Pesce is a solid part of the Canes top 4 D core. Trading him for any picks and a prospect who may or may not crack the top 6 in the future does NOT help them NOW. That is legit.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 2:54 p.m.
    @Riddick19
    While Nikita is over paid, two seconds is about the correct sweetener.
    If Dorian offered that, I would hope Karmanos would accept it.
    GMTD liked this.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 2:55 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: Shibbal18
    Why would the Sabres take Ottawa's cap dumps. The Sabres arent rebuilding, already have 3 2nds, and the #1 prospect pool in the league, that trade does nothing

Because it adds 2 2nd round picks that are a solid form of trade currency. Buffalo has $19M worth of cap space and won't be a cap team for at least 2 years. So the Sabres get 2 2nd round picks for taking on the salary.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    I believe the point here is that Pesce is a solid part of the Canes top 4 D core. Trading him for any picks and a prospect who may or may not crack the top 6 in the future does NOT help them NOW. That is legit.

So who is headed out the door? Gardiner says he's ready to play so that removes $4M off LTIR and Pacioretty will be ready in January... So doesn't leave much wiggle room? The Patches LTIR saves them for the first couple of months, but he will be back and will not sit on LTIR because he needs a new contract and has to play. So who on Carolina will be shipped out? I agree Pesche is valuable but with Burns, Bear, and Coughlin that RD side would still be strong and it helps the Canes be cap compliant.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:08 p.m.
    Quoting: Riddick19
    Because it adds 2 2nd round picks that are a solid form of trade currency. Buffalo has $19M worth of cap space and won't be a cap team for at least 2 years. So the Sabres get 2 2nd round picks for taking on the salary.

Sabres haven’t taken on any bad contacts that are actually healthy enough to play. They already traded their version off Zastiev last season. It doesn’t make any sense to help out a divisional rival.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:10 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: gretzkyghosts
    Riddick19
    While Nikita is over paid, two seconds is about the correct sweetener.
    If Dorian offered that, I would hope Karmanos would accept it.

It would be Adams that would be accepting the sweeteners for Zaitsev.... Karmanos would be accepting a 1st, 2nd, and solid prospect for Pesche who has 2 years on his contract left with the Canes over the cap ceiling by $2M.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:15 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Quoting: Sabres923
    Sabres haven’t taken on any bad contacts that are actually healthy enough to play. They already traded their version off Zastiev last season. It doesn’t make any sense to help out a divisional rival.

Anyways I got this from "The Fourth Period" and I quote.... "Sabres GM Kevyn Adams was a guest on The Hot Stove on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio with TFP’s Dennis Bernstein and David Pagnotta on Saturday and admitted he’s informed teams that he will take on a contract if the right offer were made."

So for me just because he hasn't taken on a bad contract for compensation doesn't mean he wouldn't. Plus if you remember? Buffalo was going to take on Matt Murray in a cap dump but Murray squashed it with his NTC.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:17 p.m.
    Pesce will not be the team's cap casualty. I can guarantee that. But to your point, and per the latest, it's looking like Gardiner may not be cleared to play. Some local inside info. Outside of that, I strongly believe it is Bear that gets moved. Neither he nor Coghlan are ready to take Pesce's place on the 2nd pairing with Skjei. If you feel differently, would you be interested in a trade for Bear? If you think Bear could replace Pesce, take Bear instead. I believe he would only cost you a middle pick. That would work out for both teams.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:19 p.m.
    Anyways I got this from "The Fourth Period" and I quote.... "Sabres GM Kevyn Adams was a guest on The Hot Stove on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio with TFP’s Dennis Bernstein and David Pagnotta on Saturday and admitted he’s informed teams that he will take on a contract if the right offer were made."

So for me just because he hasn't taken on a bad contract for compensation doesn't mean he wouldn't. Plus if you remember? Buffalo was going to take on Matt Murray in a cap dump but Murray squashed it with his NTC.

I think the only reason why they wanted Murray was because they were getting the 7th overall pick and a position of need in a goalie. Also Zastiev has trade protection too I bet Buffalo and Arizona are on it that’s why he won’t get traded.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:19 p.m.
    Shibbal18

Or they let Ottawa suffer and overtake them in the standings. The Sabres are openly not a team that is taking on cap dumps for "currency". The right price Adams is talking about is an overpayment. They arent rebuilding, theyre rebuilt
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:20 p.m.
    Shibbal18

The Sabres also need a goalie, so it was filling a need. Zaitsev would be their 4th RD man and 2nd most expensive behind Dahlin
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:28 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    The Sabres also need a goalie, so it was filling a need. Zaitsev would be their 4th RD man and 2nd most expensive behind Dahlin

In terms of experience Zaitsev would likely be the 2nd RD... Power and Dahlin are both lefties. One could play the opposite side. However Dahlin is already off to a slow start to his career, and you don't start Power off as a rookie on his off-side either. So Zaitsev who could at least fill in on the RD til someone better comes along and like said you get 2 2nd's to put towards a trade to actually improve the team, and like I said with Buffalo's cap space you can fit him in and it's not a $7-8M cap dump like Patches was... It's not a crap trade if all Adams is doing is selling some of his cap space.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:29 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Or they let Ottawa suffer and overtake them in the standings. The Sabres are openly not a team that is taking on cap dumps for "currency". The right price Adams is talking about is an overpayment. They arent rebuilding, theyre rebuilt

Like I just mentioned..... They are according to Adams "Sabres GM Kevyn Adams was a guest on The Hot Stove on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio with TFP’s Dennis Bernstein and David Pagnotta on Saturday and admitted he’s informed teams that he will take on a contract if the right offer were made."
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
    Canes wont need a cap casualty. We can bury Gardiner in the AHL until he is ready to accept a mutual buyout or his deal ends. Add in we can manuever other deals to make it work. Sending Gardiner, Drury, and Jarvis down to reactivate Patches will work. Now that we would be back to daily use of cap we just call Drury and Jarvis back up. They would lose one day of NHL pay we would be cap compliant.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:36 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
    Pesce will not be the team's cap casualty. I can guarantee that. But to your point, and per the latest, it's looking like Gardiner may not be cleared to play. Some local inside info. Outside of that, I strongly believe it is Bear that gets moved. Neither he nor Coghlan are ready to take Pesce's place on the 2nd pairing with Skjei. If you feel differently, would you be interested in a trade for Bear? If you think Bear could replace Pesce, take Bear instead. I believe he would only cost you a middle pick. That would work out for both teams.

Bear for a middle pick works for me... Not sure Dorion bites simply because DJ Smith likes defenseman with size. Ottawa already has Brannstrom at 5'10, not sure if Smith would know what to do with two guys under 6'0 in the lineup lol
    InRodWeTrust and gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:39 p.m.
    Devo's 2nd Mock Draf

I mean okay Ottawa can hold onto Zaitsev... This is a team that still has $7M in cap space.... Seeings as Ottawa has already paid out Zaitsev's bonus the Sabres would only be on the hook for $2M but can claim the $4.5M cap hit that lets be honest doesn't hurt the Sabres in any way really... They aren't going to be near the cap ceiling anytime soon. But like I said 2 2nd's is good trade currency to add in the summer or through the season.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
    Shibbal18
    Like I just mentioned..... They are according to Adams "Sabres GM Kevyn Adams was a guest on The Hot Stove on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio with TFP’s Dennis Bernstein and David Pagnotta on Saturday and admitted he’s informed teams that he will take on a contract if the right offer were made."

The Sabres are openly not a team that is taking on cap dumps for "currency". The right price Adams is talking about is an overpayment.

2 2nds is not an overpayment, the Sabres dont need prospects and this admin isnt really interested in making trades too often. If anything they can get those assets when they move surplus like Mittelstadt and Olofsson. No reason to help divisional rivals for basically nothing
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:49 p.m.
    Shibbal18
    I mean okay Ottawa can hold onto Zaitsev... This is a team that still has $7M in cap space.... Seeings as Ottawa has already paid out Zaitsev's bonus the Sabres would only be on the hook for $2M but can claim the $4.5M cap hit that lets be honest doesn't hurt the Sabres in any way really... They aren't going to be near the cap ceiling anytime soon. But like I said 2 2nd's is good trade currency to add in the summer or through the season.

Zaitsev's play would hurt the Sabres. So Ottawa can keep him and as they would play him to justify the cap hit.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:53 p.m.
    Quoting: ecupirate07
    Canes wont need a cap casualty. We can bury Gardiner in the AHL until he is ready to accept a mutual buyout or his deal ends. Add in we can manuever other deals to make it work. Sending Gardiner, Drury, and Jarvis down to reactivate Patches will work. Now that we would be back to daily use of cap we just call Drury and Jarvis back up. They would lose one day of NHL pay we would be cap compliant.

Don't think we're really going to have a problem with cap compliance either. The next 2-3 weeks will give us the "how", I think.
    Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:55 p.m.
    Shibbal18
    In terms of experience Zaitsev would likely be the 2nd RD... Power and Dahlin are both lefties. One could play the opposite side. However Dahlin is already off to a slow start to his career, and you don't start Power off as a rookie on his off-side either. So Zaitsev who could at least fill in on the RD til someone better comes along and like said you get 2 2nd's to put towards a trade to actually improve the team, and like I said with Buffalo's cap space you can fit him in and it's not a $7-8M cap dump like Patches was... It's not a crap trade if all Adams is doing is selling some of his cap space.

Dahlin is their #1 RD, Dahlin also had career highs in everything last year after getting moved back to the right side. Jokiharju is shaky but when hes on, hes well above Zaitsev, so they arent going to bury their 22 year old dman for a cap dump. and they just signed Lybushkin who had better stats than Zaitsev last year too, so Zaitsev would not be on the roster

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll