Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$74,514,166$1,132,500$1,570,000$7,985,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 8
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 3
$6,375,000$6,375,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$507,500$508K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 8, 2022 at 10:02 p.m.
I'm not sure this would get Anthony Mantha's father..............
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Sep. 8, 2022 at 10:04 p.m.
I hate this team
this doesn't dump hoffman
majormoose007 liked this.
Sep. 8, 2022 at 10:10 p.m.
Quoting: Dutchies
I'm not sure this would get Anthony Mantha's father..............

Mantha produced at .62 ppg on a stack offensive team and is injury prone and Hoffman at .52 ppg on the worst team of the league

I think they have similar value
Sep. 8, 2022 at 10:10 p.m.
Quoting: vapodz
this doesn't dump hoffman

It balances taking Mantha as a dump
habitantlecolon liked this.
Sep. 8, 2022 at 10:27 p.m.
Le patriote
Quoting: Carl182
It balances taking Mantha as a dump

i wonder how much we should add to get Mantha?
Sep. 8, 2022 at 10:59 p.m.
Mantha's size and age alone make him more valuable than Hoffman. Comparing point totals is kind of pointless here as there are a lot of varying circumstances between the two. I do think Mantha may have lost some of his value since the trade to WSH though but not nearly enough to be worth Hoffman and 3rd.

I think Wash is in their rights to ask for the FLA 1st round pick + Hoffman. Habs are well within their rights to decline and should.
mikearky liked this.
Sep. 8, 2022 at 11:13 p.m.
arky
Glad to see Hav fans now pester another team for Mantha. I was getting tired of seeing crazy and unrealistic trade offers for Mantha when he was with the Wings. Good luck Cap fans once it starts it will not end and you will see trades like this for some time.

In a nut shell Hab fans are unrealistic with their trade proposals, when it comes to French speaking hockey players. Hoffman and 3rd for Mantha, is anyrhing but pathetic.
MVC and NoVaSpartan liked this.
Sep. 8, 2022 at 11:15 p.m.
Quoting: mikearky
Glad to see Hav fans now pester another team for Mantha. I was getting tired of seeing crazy and unrealistic trade offers for Mantha when he was with the Wings. Good luck Cap fans once it starts it will not end and you will see trades like this for some time.

In a nut shell Hab fans are unrealistic with their trade proposals, when it comes to French speaking hockey players. Hoffman and 3rd for Mantha, is anyrhing but pathetic.

Thank you for blessing us from your ivory tower.
Sep. 8, 2022 at 11:21 p.m.
arky
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
Thank you for blessing us from your ivory tower.

No just glad to see Hab fans make unrealistic trades for Mantha other than Wings. Some of thoffers were down right comical. A 2nd, a player who is not even in the NHL, or Domi for Mantha and a 3rd or more inane offers. Even some saying that Wings do not even deserve him. What Yzerma was able to get for Mantha was a haul that never came close to what posters had posted.

As far a s an ivery tower, no just happy to be rid of the ridiculous offers and then to be made fun even when I gave component reasons.
Sep. 8, 2022 at 11:38 p.m.
No just glad to see Hab fans make unrealistic trades for Mantha other than Wings. Some of thoffers were down right comical. A 2nd, a player who is not even in the NHL, or Domi for Mantha and a 3rd or more inane offers. Even some saying that Wings do not even deserve him. What Yzerma was able to get for Mantha was a haul that never came close to what posters had posted.

As far a s an ivery tower, no just happy to be rid of the ridiculous offers and then to be made fun even when I gave component reasons.

Every fanbase has this, it's got nothing to do with Habs fans specifically. Most fanbases hate MTL, which gives them horse blinders when it comes to anything regarding MTL.
Sep. 8, 2022 at 11:39 p.m.

I wouldn’t have trade Vrana for Mantha one vs one…
Washington got fleece
mikearky liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 2:50 a.m.
Ioriomilkshake
Easy no from Caps, I don't think anyone wants Hoffman for 2 years at 4.5. A 3rd is not enough to take on that contract alone, and to give up Mantha in return on top of that.
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 8:22 a.m.
Evans truther
Quoting: Carl182
Mantha produced at .62 ppg on a stack offensive team and is injury prone and Hoffman at .52 ppg on the worst team of the league

I think they have similar value

So they have equal trade value but in the process you magically switch a guy playing on our third line for a guy you then slot on the first unit. Do you see where they don't have equal value?
mikearky liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 8:31 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Mantha is not a cap dump, full stop. He had an injury last year but was still quite good on the 2nd line and helped drive a lot of plays, stepping up to cover for Backstrom's regression in playmaking. He's going to get at least a 1st and when you add a cap dump like Hoffman, even more. Hoffman+3rd is laughable.

Oh, we already get this enough with Wilson for Nylander/Marner trades, so we're used to it at this point.
qc14 liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 10:23 a.m.
arky
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
Every fanbase has this, it's got nothing to do with Habs fans specifically. Most fanbases hate MTL, which gives them horse blinders when it comes to anything regarding MTL.

Sure, but over the last two years, Hab fans ay least with respect to the Wings and Leaf fans with respect to Betruzzi has been rather annoying with some pathetic trades. Mantha for Domi and Wings throw in a pick, Mantha for a 2nd and a player that is not even in the league. And Leafs fans thinking Kerfoot gets Bertuzzi.

Now as a person who is older, I do not hate the Canadiens. Rather I have them as my 2nd ro 3rd favorite team behind the Wings. It is not a hate, but more of a realistic and a true hockey thing. Mantha when traded got a 1st, Vrana and a player. Why on earth would Caps trade him for a 2nd and a useless, pending UFA?
Just_A_Guess liked this.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 11:37 a.m.
Sure, but over the last two years, Hab fans ay least with respect to the Wings and Leaf fans with respect to Betruzzi has been rather annoying with some pathetic trades. Mantha for Domi and Wings throw in a pick, Mantha for a 2nd and a player that is not even in the league. And Leafs fans thinking Kerfoot gets Bertuzzi.

Now as a person who is older, I do not hate the Canadiens. Rather I have them as my 2nd ro 3rd favorite team behind the Wings. It is not a hate, but more of a realistic and a true hockey thing. Mantha when traded got a 1st, Vrana and a player. Why on earth would Caps trade him for a 2nd and a useless, pending UFA?

I agree. There are plenty of dumb proposals. I feel the same about Dvo. We paid for him and can still use him so why trade him for scraps? Not that you proposed it but it's one of the most irritating things I've seen on here regarding the Habs. It's not that I agree with the proposal here either, just tired of all fans of a fanbase being brushed the same.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 11:53 a.m.
Don't get me wrong Mantha has lost value from when the caps traded for him but I think that you should look at what the caps gave up to get him in the first place as a starting point -- I think they would ask for something similar given that 1) they are planning to contend this year, 2) they have no cap crunch to speak of, and 3) they would have extra leverage against the Habs trying to get a french-canadian player.

That gets you to something like FLA 1st (WSH 1st) + Dvorak (Vrana) + Armia/Evans (Panik) + COL 2nd (WSH 2nd). You can take out the Armia/Evans + 2nd if you want as well since neither team is really worried about the cap that much. I definitely understand the habs not wanting to give this up for Mantha especially given they should be completely rebuilding, but you've got to give to get.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 12:26 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: F50marco
Mantha's size and age alone make him more valuable than Hoffman. Comparing point totals is kind of pointless here as there are a lot of varying circumstances between the two. I do think Mantha may have lost some of his value since the trade to WSH though but not nearly enough to be worth Hoffman and 3rd.

I think Wash is in their rights to ask for the FLA 1st round pick + Hoffman. Habs are well within their rights to decline and should.

I find a "comparable" for Mantha on the Habs is Drouin. People don't like hearing it, but it's true. Both put up roughly the same offensive production. Both have been battling injuries for a while. Both are more valuable to their own teams then they would be on the market. Both have have elite offensive talent, but have never been able to put it all together consistently.

Mantha obviously gets an edge in value over Drouin because of his size, and being more of a goal scorer whereas Drouin is more of a playmaker. But that's the closest comparable on the Habs if both WAS and MTL were looking at doing a player swap. I don't see a fit though, unless MTL adds another forward. They already have too many.
Sep. 9, 2022 at 10:30 p.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
I find a "comparable" for Mantha on the Habs is Drouin. People don't like hearing it, but it's true. Both put up roughly the same offensive production. Both have been battling injuries for a while. Both are more valuable to their own teams then they would be on the market. Both have have elite offensive talent, but have never been able to put it all together consistently.

Mantha obviously gets an edge in value over Drouin because of his size, and being more of a goal scorer whereas Drouin is more of a playmaker. But that's the closest comparable on the Habs if both WAS and MTL were looking at doing a player swap. I don't see a fit though, unless MTL adds another forward. They already have too many.

How many teams, right now, are willing to take Drouin on for free?....... 1 maybe 2 if they're feeling generous. Probably zero in all fairness. He is untradeable for free.

Now, Drouin is still a good player with potential to get back to his previous success but his last 3 years in MTL have caved his trade value to the point where he is VALUELESS (due to his contract/ not due to his skill).

I hope the best for Drouin but in all honesty, I wouldn't bat an eye if he were traded away for future considerations tomorrow..... Mantha is not even remotely close to as bad as Drouin right now. His point totals have been lacklustre granted but so has Josh Andersons technically but these guys bring a different aspect to the game. If Drouin isn't producing, he is worthless. Mantha has other skills that make him valuable other than when he's not scoring.

Either way, like I said, WSH has every right to expect a 1st rounder for Mantha. Habs are well within their right to decline.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll