NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$5,900,000$5,900,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Rangers
$1,525,000$1,525,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$874,125$874,125
C, LW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$850,833$850,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender

Special Teams

Power Play 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 11, 2022 at 1:26 a.m.
NUUUUUUUGE
deadly PP
Sep. 11, 2022 at 1:28 a.m.
Luguber
So no Leafs in there with the most overrated teams?
Sep. 11, 2022 at 1:33 a.m.
Overrated in what way? I find it hard to say Edmonton are overrated.
Calgary, I agree a bit. People seem to be under the illusion they've gotten better.
LA overrated? They're children. They shouldn't have made the playoffs last year and gave the Oilers more of a fight than the Flames did.
Carolina overrated? Stop. Best goaltending unit in the NHL last year, middle of the pack D core, and a top 10 offense. They add Pacioretty, Burns, Stastny, Kase, lose Lorentz, DeAngelo, Trocheck, Niederreiter. They're fine.
New York Islanders... I find it hard to say a team most people are expecting to miss again are overrated. Their goaltending alone stops them being a bedard contender.
Rangers... yeah, fair enough. Kreider and Shesterkin regressed, they are a bubble team.
Vegas aren't overrated, they're unknown. They could win the Pacific, they could miss the playoffs. They're the wild card in the Pacific.
New Jersey are a young team getting better. May be competitive into Feburary, they're too good to be in the Bedard conversation without some good lottery luck.
Dallas... I can understand the argument, not sure I would agree. A new coach stops chaining their offense up and they could flourish. They could also come 6th in their division. We'll see
Minnesota I think is fairly obvious they had to take a big step back because of the Parise and Suter buyouts. They're a bubble playoff team. Hardly overrated.

This is a very mixed list, but I guess it is September and you're looking to shake the cobwebs off the brain before hockey starts again in a sense. If you want to start with an overrated team list, Toronto has to be at the top for me
Devil liked this.
Sep. 11, 2022 at 1:38 a.m.
Only problems I have are the hurricanes because they're just plain good. Accurately rated. Then the islanders. Pretty much everyone says they're not a playoff team. I'd add Toronto to the bottom of this list until they prove the goaltending isn't atrocious
Sep. 11, 2022 at 2:43 a.m.
Forgot leafs
Sep. 11, 2022 at 8:13 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Luguber
So no Leafs in there with the most overrated teams?

Quoting: Theozler
Forgot leafs

How are the leafs overrated? we all know we are first round exit because Dubass can't build a team
Sep. 11, 2022 at 8:57 a.m.
Tony Ferguson Fan
Quoting: Caniac2000
Overrated in what way? I find it hard to say Edmonton are overrated.
Calgary, I agree a bit. People seem to be under the illusion they've gotten better.
LA overrated? They're children. They shouldn't have made the playoffs last year and gave the Oilers more of a fight than the Flames did.
Carolina overrated? Stop. Best goaltending unit in the NHL last year, middle of the pack D core, and a top 10 offense. They add Pacioretty, Burns, Stastny, Kase, lose Lorentz, DeAngelo, Trocheck, Niederreiter. They're fine.
New York Islanders... I find it hard to say a team most people are expecting to miss again are overrated. Their goaltending alone stops them being a bedard contender.
Rangers... yeah, fair enough. Kreider and Shesterkin regressed, they are a bubble team.
Vegas aren't overrated, they're unknown. They could win the Pacific, they could miss the playoffs. They're the wild card in the Pacific.
New Jersey are a young team getting better. May be competitive into Feburary, they're too good to be in the Bedard conversation without some good lottery luck.
Dallas... I can understand the argument, not sure I would agree. A new coach stops chaining their offense up and they could flourish. They could also come 6th in their division. We'll see
Minnesota I think is fairly obvious they had to take a big step back because of the Parise and Suter buyouts. They're a bubble playoff team. Hardly overrated.

This is a very mixed list, but I guess it is September and you're looking to shake the cobwebs off the brain before hockey starts again in a sense. If you want to start with an overrated team list, Toronto has to be at the top for me

Middle of the pack defense for canes??? Lmao they are easily a top 5 defense in the league..

If anything their consern is the 2nd line center spot. Kotkaniemi isnt goodenough for that role on a contender, but its easy to fix that via a trade for a guy like Horvat or Larkin (if their teams are out of a playoff spot and their havent resigned).
Sep. 11, 2022 at 10:04 a.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: TheTypicalLeafsFan
How are the leafs overrated? we all know we are first round exit because Dubass can't build a team

Then why hasn’t Shanahan fired him yet?
Sep. 11, 2022 at 10:53 a.m.
Columbus has to be on the list for me, lots of people are expecting them to be a playoff team. Yeah they added Gaurdreau and Gudbranson, so the offense will be good, but that defense is still suspect imo and until proven wrong the goalie combo of Merzlinkins and Korpisalo has been pretty bottom of the league.
Sep. 11, 2022 at 11:14 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
TheTypicalLeafsFan
Sep. 11, 2022 at 5:02 p.m.
Quoting: Otterisgoat
Middle of the pack defense for canes??? Lmao they are easily a top 5 defense in the league..

If anything their consern is the 2nd line center spot. Kotkaniemi isnt goodenough for that role on a contender, but its easy to fix that via a trade for a guy like Horvat or Larkin (if their teams are out of a playoff spot and their havent resigned).

Carolina's xGA, xGAR and xWAR as a defense were garbage. Most if not all underlying stats say it's middle of the pack. Their goaltending was their major strength. Andersen's GSAx is what really kept them in elite status. They rode their offense past Boston. Kotkaniemi is fine as a 2C. Ironically, their issue is goal scoring elsewhere. Pacioretty's injury needs to be filled and Stastny will weaken that, but he won't completely cover it. Kotkaniemi will be fine. If that is what you're worrying about, you need to do some research on the Hurricanes.
Sep. 12, 2022 at 10:35 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: IconicHawk
Then why hasn’t Shanahan fired him yet?

Because Shanahan is an idiot

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll