Forums/Armchair-GM

How much for Poolparty

Created by: T0R
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 13, 2022
Published: Sep. 13, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Most likely a TD move when teams have their cap hits set for the playoffs & know if they can take a little salary
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$750,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse ($1,500,000 retained)
EDM
TOR
    [For retaining 1.5 on Pool Party] Can Be Any Team | Teams have shown a willingness to do this even contenders have done it for ex. (Florida,Toronto,San Jose)
    SJS
    1. 2024 4th round pick (TOR)
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$82,500,000$80,330,616$212,500$0$2,169,384
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $950,000$950,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    UFA - 2
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    RW, C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,500,000$7,500,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,687,500$4,687,500
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,800,000$1,800,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 1:18 p.m.
    Sorry, but the Leafs have nothing that the Oilers want to give PJ up for. They all come to us for free in the offseason anyways.
    CD282 liked this.
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 1:21 p.m.
    Quoting: ceeque84
    Sorry, but the Leafs have nothing that the Oilers want to give PJ up for. They all come to us for free in the offseason anyways.

Good Joke but at the same time, Idk if his value. he is being labeled a “play killer” by teammates & I doubt that is helping his value or SN Scouts saying “
    • “Puljujarvi is the equivalent of a third-line player with some upside.”

• “If you can get a second (round pick), take it.”

“Probably more like a third (round pick) for me. I think they only way they get a second is if it’s a late second or the team has multiple seconds and can get rid of one for a flyer on him.”

They’re idea was a 2nd or 3rd would be about the value for him

This was June 2022 Before the Market got screwed by the summer
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 1:34 p.m.
    Simpleton
    You seem to be placing an awful lot of credibility with Sportsnet "scouts"?

Puljujarvi is a big, right-handed man with speed and skill. Edmonton doesn't have another NHL-ready player like him. The Oilers feel they are ready to compete for a Stanley Cup. Although they have cap issues, its unlikely the Oilers are going to trade one of their few natural right wings unless doing so improves their roster.
    ceeque84 and CD282 liked this.
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
    Quoting: uphere
    You seem to be placing an awful lot of credibility with Sportsnet "scouts"?

Puljujarvi is a big, right-handed man with speed and skill. Edmonton doesn't have another NHL-ready player like him. The Oilers feel they are ready to compete for a Stanley Cup. Although they have cap issues, its unlikely the Oilers are going to trade one of their few natural right wings unless doing so improves their roster.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsnet.ca/article/once-again-puljujarvi-wants-out-and-oilers-are-ready-to-accommodate-with-a-trade/%3fsn-amp
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 1:37 p.m.
    Quoting: T0R
    Good Joke but at the same time, Idk if his value. he is being labeled a “play killer” by teammates & I doubt that is helping his value or SN Scouts saying “

“Probably more like a third (round pick) for me. I think they only way they get a second is if it’s a late second or the team has multiple seconds and can get rid of one for a flyer on him.”

None of this is wrong. That is why they are stupid to trade him now.
    Play him in the top 6 to start out the yr, he was good last yr until he got hurt, then covid, then hurt again. If he plays well trade him mid season or at TDL with his value raised a bit.
    If he plays ridiculously well, keep him for a playoff run.
    If he is sub par again, trade him next summer, he will still be an RFA.
    The problem is the Oilers aren't very deep with right shot wingers, so trading PJ at this point just to free up cap space makes no sense.
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 1:39 p.m.
    Play him in the top 6 to start out the yr, he was good last yr until he got hurt, then covid, then hurt again. If he plays well trade him mid season or at TDL with his value raised a bit.
    The problem is the Oilers aren't very deep with right shot wingers, so trading PJ at this point just to free up cap space makes no sense.

He wants a trade it’s not the fact that he is kinda expensive It’s that no one is taking Barrie or Fogele & Poolparty wants a trade out of Oil Country
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 1:41 p.m.

That being said, i am fully aware that Holland is stupid enough to make the mistake of trading PJ & just crossing his fingers that Jake Virtanen pans out with a PTO.
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 1:43 p.m.
    That being said, i am fully aware that Holland is stupid enough to make the mistake of trading PJ & just crossing his fingers that Jake Virtanen pans out with a PTO.

If he does, I would love Dubas to jump on it, cause i think other than the initial trade for PoolParty, He can get someone to retain the 1.5 which has happened several times in recent years from teams with extra cap that has their team set
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 1:50 p.m.
    He wants a trade it’s not the fact that he is kinda expensive It’s that no one is taking Barrie or Fogele & Poolparty wants a trade out of Oil Country

Foegele could be easily moved by adding a pick. And why not? if the team is a stanley cup contender for the next 3-5 yrs, a 3rd rnd pick should mean nothing to them.
    I dont think Holland has even shopped Barrie. He is very popular in the locker room, and both Ken & Brad Holland have said in multiple interviews that the team chemistry on & off the ice is a major factor for them.
    PJ has never asked for a trade. Holland denied that he did, as well as PJ himself. However, I do believe that Jesse is a bit of a loner when it comes to off ice team dynamics, probably mostly due to the language barrier from the start. It was no secret that Koskinen was basically his closest friend on the team. I think in the end he will be traded, but i cant see it happening until the Oilers have something lined up to fill the hole it would create on the right side.
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 1:52 p.m.
    If he does, I would love Dubas to jump on it, cause i think other than the initial trade for PoolParty, He can get someone to retain the 1.5 which has happened several times in recent years from teams with extra cap that has their team set

I love PJ, I think he gets a bad rap, and has tremendous potential. More teams should absolutely be after him, especially any teams with some young Finnish players already on their roster, as i think that is the main cause of Jesse's struggle on the Oilers. A bit of an outsider caused mainly by a language barrier.
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 2:16 p.m.
    I love PJ, I think he gets a bad rap, and has tremendous potential. More teams should absolutely be after him, especially any teams with some young Finnish players already on their roster, as i think that is the main cause of Jesse's struggle on the Oilers. A bit of an outsider caused mainly by a language barrier.

Topi,Jesse,Roni Finnish Trio
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 2:33 p.m.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportsnet.ca/article/once-again-puljujarvi-wants-out-and-oilers-are-ready-to-accommodate-with-a-trade/%3fsn-amp

This was debunked months ago. Get with the times!
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 2:33 p.m.
    Why would Edmonton be selling a player like Puljujarvi for picks at the deadline??
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 2:36 p.m.
    Quoting: CD282
    This was debunked months ago. Get with the times!

Doesn’t change the outlook on his value but yeah makes him less likely to be traded
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 3:40 p.m.
    Simpleton

Once again, you are placing a great deal of faith in the Sportsnet crew. That drivel was dreamed up by Mark Spector, a notoriously poor source, on June 30. On July 26 Jesse Puljujarvi signed with the Oilers. The money and term are actually quite fair for both the player and the team. The worst case scenario is that Puljujarvi will remain a very effective 3RW, in which case the money is right on the mark and the player should be reasonably easy to trade, if dealing him makes sense. There is plenty of potential that JP will make a solid case for a top six role, in which case Edmonton gets a value deal for one season and Puljujarvi will be paid full value when the signs his next contract.
    Sep. 13, 2022 at 4:12 p.m.
    ARAB05

Which teammate said he was a play killer?

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll