Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Alfie11
Just wait until a European player tries this lol

Kakko can easily do more than Hughes
Alfie11 liked this.
Sep. 16, 2022 at 10:32 p.m.
Quoting: Devil

kakko could probably bicycle kick a puck into the net and get it allowed because all he did was redirect it
Sep. 16, 2022 at 11:19 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle

You see, he played against men, and......
yikes and Devil liked this.
Sep. 17, 2022 at 12:53 a.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Arturs Silovs is Demko 2.0
Sep. 17, 2022 at 8:12 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Sep. 17, 2022 at 8:24 a.m.

Sharks win 3-2
Eklund - 2G, 1A - Game Winner, noticeably bigger (double digits in muscle added), and the kids hungry. Said he is only playing in teal this year; staying in North America all year regardless, AHL or NHL.

Bordeleau - 1G, 2A, his goal was a WICKED shot, goalie completely shocked by his wrister. Potentially injured tho, I hope he’s 100% healthy with some rest.

Fell asleep so missed the OT winner, but Eklund - Bordeleau - Merkley played awesome. The Ducks goalie was great. Coe had a fair showing, and Kniazev was everywhere.

I’d argue; Bordeleau, Eklund, Kniazev, Hatakka, Merkley all could earn roster spots in the NHL. But the Sharks have a logjam. Going to be interesting.
DirtyDangle liked this.
Sep. 17, 2022 at 8:24 a.m.
retired

i donno. he didn't have as much free time this offseason.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Sep. 17, 2022 at 4:20 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
@yikes

Follow back on Twitter
Sep. 17, 2022 at 10:41 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Poolman's apparently good to go so no LTIR for the season as was projected
Juiceman liked this.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 12:52 a.m.
I make typos

Holloway brings out the toe drag
Sep. 18, 2022 at 5:39 p.m.
retired
toronto is up against the cap with a 20 man roster and still have sandin left to sign/trade.

hypothetically if the leafs can't find a trade and decide to waive a player to make cap room should they waive kerfoot, holl, or another player.

kerfoot is a better player than holl but he's also more expensive so waiving him creates more space. leafs aren't as deep on d so holl is harder to replace especially if sandin holds out or gets traded.

i think id rather waive engvall but i dont see that happening since he was just extended. i have a hard time choosing between kerfoot and holl.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 6:27 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: DirtyDangle
toronto is up against the cap with a 20 man roster and still have sandin left to sign/trade.

hypothetically if the leafs can't find a trade and decide to waive a player to make cap room should they waive kerfoot, holl, or another player.

kerfoot is a better player than holl but he's also more expensive so waiving him creates more space. leafs aren't as deep on d so holl is harder to replace especially if sandin holds out or gets traded.

i think id rather waive engvall but i dont see that happening since he was just extended. i have a hard time choosing between kerfoot and holl.

They can find a trade partner for Holl as if you are offering a borderline top 4 Dman with 1 year left there will be a team that will take him especially if its for free.

Kulikov was the prime example for Holl

and then they got the cap space to give sandin 1.7m x 2 years

Pretty sure though Holl's going to SEA as they apparently are looking for a RD and their coach knows Holl

Also waiving Engvall makes no sense. It would be like Colorado waiving Compher
Saskleaf liked this.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 6:31 p.m.
retired
Quoting: aadoyle
They can find a trade partner for Holl as if you are offering a borderline top 4 Dman with 1 year left there will be a team that will take him especially if its for free.

Kulikov was the prime example for Holl

and then they got the cap space to give sandin 1.7m x 2 years

Pretty sure though Holl's going to SEA as they apparently are looking for a RD and their coach knows Holl

not a whole lot of difference between waivers and being traded for future considerations but i got the answer i was looking for. you would move holl before kerfoot.
Saskleaf liked this.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 6:44 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
not a whole lot of difference between waivers and being traded for future considerations but i got the answer i was looking for. you would move holl before kerfoot.

Holl makes more sense for the fact you move him Sandin's got no more excuses for role or spot. And should sign within the week

As if hes gone there is nobody in his way. But if he's still on the team Sandin could view it as a threat and sit out. As what would stop Keefe from going with Holl in some games
DirtyDangle and Saskleaf liked this.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 7:04 p.m.
Go leafs go

Waiving either of Kerfoot or Holl would earn the leafs 1.15 mil in cap space (it doesn’t make a difference which one is waived, it’s the same amount of cap space either way). That’s probably enough to accommodate Sandin at this point, but not enough for Sandin and someone else, leaving them with a 20 man roster still.

So no, neither player is getting waived, it doesn’t create enough space, and it would lower their trade value. No logic in waiving them.

As for which one I’d rather trade, I’d personally rather trade Holl as they have more depth on d then top 6 forwards, and Kerfoot is the better player, but they do gain more cap space in trading Kerfoot.
DirtyDangle liked this.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 7:06 p.m.
retired
Quoting: Saskleaf
Waiving either of Kerfoot or Holl would earn the leafs 1.15 mil in cap space (it doesn’t make a difference which one is waived, it’s the same amount of cap space either way). That’s probably enough to accommodate Sandin at this point, but not enough for Sandin and someone else, leaving them with a 20 man roster still.

So no, neither player is getting waived, it doesn’t create enough space, and it would lower their trade value. No logic in waiving them.

As for which one I’d rather trade, I’d personally rather trade Holl as they have more depth on d then top 6 forwards, and Kerfoot is the better player, but they do gain more cap space in trading Kerfoot.

how do the leafs not get more cap space waiving kerfoot over holl? what am i missing?
Saskleaf liked this.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 7:13 p.m.
Go leafs go
how do the leafs not get more cap space waiving kerfoot over holl? what am i missing?

You don’t seem to understand how cap space works when you waive someone with a high salary.

If someone else on here knows how this works, feel free to correct me.

When you waive players with high salaries, you are allowed to bury 1.15 mil of their salary, but the rest of it stays on the cap hit. So if you waive Holl, you will save 1.15 but have to still pay 0.85 mil for him, and with Kerfoot you would still only save 1.15 mil and pay 2.35 mil.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 7:15 p.m.

I think he’s assuming they would both clear waivers. Which is probably not true lol, both are decent enough to get claimed, even without the Leafs trolling other teams tend to take part in
Sep. 18, 2022 at 7:15 p.m.
retired
You don’t seem to understand how cap space works when you waive someone with a high salary.

If someone else on here knows how this works, feel free to correct me.

When you waive players with high salaries, you are allowed to bury 1.15 mil of their salary, but the rest of it stays on the cap hit. So if you waive Holl, you will save 1.15 but have to still pay 0.85 mil for him, and with Kerfoot you would still only save 1.15 mil and pay 2.35 mil.

i know some salary stays on the books when you bury a player in the minors but i mean waive with another team making a claim. if the rules changed around waivers thats news to me.
Saskleaf liked this.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 7:22 p.m.
Go leafs go
i know some salary stays on the books when you bury a player in the minors but i mean waive with another team making a claim. if the rules changed around waivers thats news to me.

Oh, my bad. You are absolutely right in that case then. I just think if it gets to the point that they are placed on waivers, they won’t be claimed.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 7:24 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Alfie11
I think he’s assuming they would both clear waivers. Which is probably not true lol, both are decent enough to get claimed, even without the Leafs trolling other teams tend to take part in

I have to disagree here to be honest. They should be claimed, but they probably wouldn’t be based on how other team treat the leafs when it comes to waivers. They would know the leafs are desperate and wait until they clear waivers to acquire them with an asset.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 7:55 p.m.
I have to disagree here to be honest. They should be claimed, but they probably wouldn’t be based on how other team treat the leafs when it comes to waivers. They would know the leafs are desperate and wait until they clear waivers to acquire them with an asset.

Idk, if you’re Arizona, you might rather just claim the guy, play him a bit, give him some good time then flip him at the TDL
Saskleaf liked this.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 8:03 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Idk, if you’re Arizona, you might rather just claim the guy, play him a bit, give him some good time then flip him at the TDL

Then you might as well take the cap dump via trade from the Leafs plus a sweetener now.
Saskleaf liked this.
Sep. 18, 2022 at 9:32 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Not when you can acquire him right after along with a 5th round pick.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll