NJD
Miles Wood/Michael Mcleod/Nathan Bastian

SEA
Brandon Tanez/Moran Geekie/Jonas Donskoi

TBL
Patrick Maroon/Pierre-Edouard Bellemere/Corry Perry

VGS
William Carrier/Nic Roy/Keegan Kolesar

the isles 4th line was good 2-3 years ago, but at this point they take momentum away from the team. They spent 90% of their ice time hemmed in the dzone
MatthewsFan liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:08 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Db1899
the isles 4th line was good 2-3 years ago, but at this point they take momentum away from the team. They spent 90% of their ice time hemmed in the dzone

Canucks used to have the elite trifecta of Eriksson- Beagle - Roussel. Became Arizona's top 6
NoVaSpartan, HockeyScotty, capsfan2121 and 5 others liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:11 p.m.
Quoting: Bobcat205
If we were talking last year, my bias would say Columbus (Robinson - Kuraly - Texier). Now, i'd say Caps (Sheary - Dowd - Hathaway).

Jackets might still have something very good at the 4th line. It's so hard to predict their lines in general however.

Assuming Gaudreau-Jenner-Laine
Voracek-Sillinger-Nyqvist
Johnson-Roslovic- Chinakhov/Marchenko

Kuraly at 4C is a mismatch for most teams; Robinson is a solid 3/4 LW then you have the option of Rask (PTO), Bemstrom, Danforth, Olivier (part of the HERD line in Nashville), Neal (PTO); but even most likely one of either Chinakhov or Marchenko unless they send them down to AHL due to waiver exemption.
Bobcat205 liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:14 p.m.
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
I rather him on 4th than 3rd, 2nd, 1st, scratched

It's hard to predict where he goes from an outsider perspective. It seemed like he had coaches trust and some chemistry with Suzuki-Caufield; but it just makes marginal defense players that much worse to have to carry Hoffman also; I think that puts too much on Suzuki and they have players to help out there; probably depends upon health of Monahan.

Any insight from coach and going into camp about what they are actually going to do versus fan viewpoint?
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:16 p.m.
cautious optimism
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Jackets might still have something very good at the 4th line. It's so hard to predict their lines in general however.

Assuming Gaudreau-Jenner-Laine
Voracek-Sillinger-Nyqvist
Johnson-Roslovic- Chinakhov/Marchenko

Kuraly at 4C is a mismatch for most teams; Robinson is a solid 3/4 LW then you have the option of Rask (PTO), Bemstrom, Danforth, Olivier (part of the HERD line in Nashville), Neal (PTO); but even most likely one of either Chinakhov or Marchenko unless they send them down to AHL due to waiver exemption.

I had the lines set up as:

Gaudreau - Roslovic - Laine
Nyquist - Sillinger - Voracek
Marchenko - Jenner - Bemstrom
Robinson - Kuraly - Danforth

Now, before you ask, Kent and Yegor are both gonna get first line minutes in Cleveland (Chinny playing LW/RW, Kenny playing C). Kenny has said he wants to play Center, and i wouldn't throw him in playing 3rd line minutes off the bat. Yegor should have gotten AHL time last year, this makes it up.
HockeyScotty liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: justaBoss
To give my two cents on the fourth line discussion.

Fourth line is usually considered to consist of players that are tough opposition to play against. They compete hard, and it's an advantage if they can be physical too. Ideally they're also defensively responsible. Key thing is that while they might lack in terms of scoring ability, they still need to boost up the mentality for their actual scoring lines to make sure they can put up results when it's needed.

I think WSH's and TB's fourth lines excel in this form of game. To the same extent where the Isles fourth line did in the bubble playoffs and 2021 ones too, they were praised for a reason.

You don't make a solid fourth line by putting the random players there that simply don't fit higher in the lineup. That's more just ditching the whole idea of the fourth line completely, and filling up the slots with players that are of different sort of expertise. I think Ducharmethedominator 's idea of putting Pitlick-Evans-Hoffman as the "fourth line" represents this idea far more than NovaSpartan 's shout of Sheary-Dowd-Hathaway does.

Personally, I would 100% choose the WSH's fourth line over MTL's "fourth line."

Agreed that the 4th line is meant to be some type of "change-of-pace" line. Which is why a team like Minnesota that already has a "shutdown" line the GREEF 2nd unit; can afford to put together a 4th line that is meant to be purely offensive in nature.
justaBoss liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:19 p.m.
retired
If you're gonna correct my spelling mistakes I'll correct yours
'ur' isn't a word

Definition of Ur
noun
an ancient Sumerian city on the Euphrates, in S Iraq: extensive excavations, especially of royal tombs.
capsfan2121, NoVaSpartan, HockeyScotty and 5 others liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:20 p.m.
retired
Quoting: capsfan2121
Who has the best fourth line in the league

obviously bias but avs. cogs - helm - o'connor. kept the bolts pinned in their zone. lots of speed and grit a little light on the scoring tho.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:23 p.m.
cautious optimism
Quoting: DirtyDangle
Definition of Ur
noun
an ancient Sumerian city on the Euphrates, in S Iraq: extensive excavations, especially of royal tombs.

man broke out the dictionary tears of joy
NoVaSpartan, DirtyDangle, Saskleaf and 4 others liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:24 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Pretty certain that Freddy Gaudreau is the 3C in Minnesota playing with Boldy and most likely Jost (until he is done filling in for Greenway out due to injury). That's per Dean Evason recently. Process of elimination means the Wild 4th line is some combination of Dewar, Beckman, Rossi, Petan, Duhaime, and Steel

Maybe so, like I said earlier, all were taken from Daily Faceoff
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:25 p.m.
cautious optimism
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Maybe so, like I said earlier, all were taken from Daily Faceoff

> Sam Steel at 2RW

I don't know about that one chief
capsfan2121 liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:26 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
> Sam Steel at 2RW

I don't know about that one chief

I don't work for Daily Faceoff, don't shoot the messenger
Bobcat205 and zk97 liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:27 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Pitlick - Evans - Armia

That is the gritty, defensive, physical scoring 4th line.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:28 p.m.
cautious optimism

I know, i understand. I just feel like whoever made that is a bit too high on Sam Steel. Steel hasn't scored more than 6 goals in his career, so i doubt they'd play him alongside Rossi and Boldy.
MatthewsFan and NoVaSpartan liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:31 p.m.

Understood. And I love Daily Faceoff; they are great once the season starts. This time of year seems to require tons of local coverage/coach press clipping research to get a hint at what times might do. Then of course 3 weeks into the season everything changes.
Saskleaf and MatthewsFan liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:32 p.m.
retired
Habs, may. Not be the best, but it's one of the best
If everyone healthy
Monohan - Dach - Caufield
Drouin - Suzuki - Gallagher
Dadonov - Dvorak - Anderson
Pitlick - Evans - Hoffman / Armia / Byron

no slaf this year?
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:33 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
I know, i understand. I just feel like whoever made that is a bit too high on Sam Steel. Steel hasn't scored more than 6 goals in his career, so i doubt they'd play him alongside Rossi and Boldy.

they also have this posted on the Team Preview, but I don't see Rossi being on the 4th line

Wild-New.png
Bobcat205, HockeyScotty and zk97 liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
cautious optimism
they also have this posted on the Team Preview, but I don't see Rossi being on the 4th line

Wild-New.png

Brandon Duhaime and Rossi switched would be better imo, "Dewar to Duhaime" sounds like a fun combo to say.

(then again i don't know much about the Wild so that might be a dumpster fire waiting to spread)
MatthewsFan and zk97 liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:37 p.m.

Wild-New.png

With Greenway out for a bit it mixes things up a bit. Evason said he would try Jost on the LW for Eriksson-Ek and Foligno; keeping Gaudreau-Boldy together and opening up the LW spot there in camp for a bit.

He also said he would try Brodin-Spurgeon as top pair for a while since he knows their "old" pairings of Brodin-Dumba and Middleton-Spurgeon already work together. If you ask me that is because they know they will lose Dumba between now and next off-season and they want to see how it will work out.
MatthewsFan liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:39 p.m.
Pitlick - Evans - Armia

I think Montreal has always had a solid 4th line if Evans-Armia are there and not playing up the lineup. Problem is that the top 9 was overmatched most nights last season so the impact of the 4th wasn't as big of a deal and with injuries it didn't stick together very often.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 1:55 p.m.
What in tarnation
Pitlick - Evans - Armia

Nah. The line is not exactly physical, for instance none of the players didn't rank in top5 in the hits department in-team last year.

Size wise Armia can count as "gritty", but he don't really play the game that way. He hits, but he doesn't get hit, and usually gritty player can be considered as those who also take hits as well as give them. Evans is only 6'0, but only his game can be considered gritty to an extent. Pitlick is even shorter than that. Pitlick is about as gritty as a cocker spaniel.

Defensively they were all average at best, well aside from Pitlick who was pretty dreadful.

I wouldn't call that a solid fourth line.
capsfan2121, Bobcat205, NoVaSpartan and 2 others liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
cautious optimism
Quoting: justaBoss
Nah. The line is not exactly physical, for instance none of the players didn't rank in top5 in the hits department in-team last year.

Size wise Armia can count as "gritty", but he don't really play the game that way. He hits, but he doesn't get hit, and usually gritty player can be considered as those who also take hits as well as give them. Evans is only 6'0, but only his game can be considered gritty to an extent. Pitlick is even shorter than that. Pitlick is about as gritty as a cocker spaniel.

Defensively they were all average at best, well aside from Pitlick who was pretty dreadful.

I wouldn't call that a solid fourth line.

Now THAT'S a creative figure of speech right there.
justaBoss, NoVaSpartan, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 2:17 p.m.
Is Anton Stralman the last available free agent "NHL-level" player out there?

Most everyone else on my radar has signed PTO's or in Europe.
Saskleaf liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 2:19 p.m.
What in tarnation

I think there might be use for Tyler Ennis for some team. Depth forward.
NoVaSpartan, Saskleaf, HockeyScotty and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 2:21 p.m.
cautious optimism

As far as i know Braden Holtby hasn't retired. He could sign somewhere and be a good backup.

i also like Jan Drozg solely because of his name and i want to see him succeed

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll