Forums/Armchair-GM

Chychrun run 1

Created by: Knuckl3s
Team: 2022-23 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 23, 2022
Published: Sep. 23, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This should be enough to make the Sens legit playoff contenders above the Bruins at least. Maybe the Panthers as well, hard to say
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,300,000
Trades
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$79,278,214$0$4,040,000$3,221,786

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,205,714$8,205,714
LW
UFA - 6
$7,950,000$7,950,000
C
UFA - 8
$4,975,000$4,975,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$6,400,000$6,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW
RFA
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
C
RFA - 1
$2,950,000$2,950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 6
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$3,666,667$3,666,667
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW
RFA - 2
$818,333$818,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
LW
RFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$762,500$762,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 23, 2022 at 4:52 p.m.
Slight overpay imo
Sep. 23, 2022 at 4:54 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Depressed_Flames_Fan
Slight overpay imo

You realize that Boucher doesn't have very much value right? Also, Bernard Docker's value isn't super high either with only one year left on his ELC. Not to mention I'm dumping Zaitsev
TheeDjeeEem liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 4:56 p.m.
Quoting: Knuckl3s
You realize that Boucher doesn't have very much value right? Also, Bernard Docker's value isn't super high either with only one year left on his ELC. Not to mention I'm dumping Zaitsev

Bernard Docker has the potential to dominate Ottawa's blue line for years to come, trading him early in his career is risky.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 5:02 p.m.
Banned
Bernard Docker has the potential to dominate Ottawa's blue line for years to come, trading him early in his career is risky.

Like I said, he has only one year left on his ELC and hasn't been able to stick in the lineup yet. That's doesn't exactly make for the most inspiring outlook
Sep. 23, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
I'd consider it an overpay but I think chychrun is massively overhyped on this site.
csick liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 5:09 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Timmah007
I'd consider it an overpay but I think chychrun is massively overhyped on this site.

Boucher doesn't have that much value. I don't see teams valuing JBD at the equivalent of a 1st rounder at this time either
Sep. 23, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.
KFTW
Boucher doesn't have that much value. I don't see teams valuing JBD at the equivalent of a 1st rounder at this time either

Just because he doesn’t have value, doesn’t mean ottawa is going to sell low on him. And Ottawa isn’t giving up this much. Greig isn’t being moved unless it’s close to a 1 for 1 or with a pick only
Sep. 23, 2022 at 5:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: csick
Just because he doesn’t have value, doesn’t mean ottawa is going to sell low on him. And Ottawa isn’t giving up this much. Greig isn’t being moved unless it’s close to a 1 for 1 or with a pick only

Considering the bidding war that Chychrun has generated, I think Ottawa is going to have to pony up more than just Greig and a 1st, especially if they're dumping Zaitsev in the process
Sep. 23, 2022 at 5:35 p.m.
KFTW
Considering the bidding war that Chychrun has generated, I think Ottawa is going to have to pony up more than just Greig and a 1st, especially if they're dumping Zaitsev in the process

Well Dorion isn’t going to do it then. This isn’t prime Hedman we are trading for
Xspyrit liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 5:43 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: csick
Well Dorion isn’t going to do it then. This isn’t prime Hedman we are trading for

Then how do you explain all of the Chychrun buzz surrounding the Sens?
Sep. 23, 2022 at 6:14 p.m.
Slight overpay imo

If it includes Greig, it's more than slight. He's an untouchable for them.

I'm not doing that, not even close. Remove Greig and I consider

2023 1st round pick (OTT) : ton of value even if Ottawa is seen as much better this season.

Bernard-Docker, Jacob : easily worth a 1st round pick

Boucher, Tyler : doesn't have 1st round pick value right now but the Sens wouldn't trade him for anything less just 1 year after reaching to pick him. He's obviously a big gambling long-term project

Zaitsev, Nikita : he's massively overpaid but his bonus has been paid this season so his average cost for the next 2 seasons is 3.5, which lowers the negative value of his dump. He would do ok in Arizona, stop gap for them anyway

Pass if the Coyotes are looking for more, understandably they would.

hasn't been able to stick in the lineup yet

This is very short sighted. The kid was 21 y/o last season and has 1 pro season under his belt, 58 AHL games, 13 NHL games

The plan was never to rush him, Sens prospects have been developed carefully, only Tkachuk made the NHL right away because of obvious reasons

JBD received a lot of praise as the season progressed, he is being groomed as a defensive D-man and he has the potential to excel in that department

It's cute that you're trying but you just don't understand/know anything about Sens context

JBD was drafted as a 1st round pick 4 years ago and outside of covid slowing things down, there has been absolutely no problem with his development, au contraire it has gone very well so far.

Boucher doesn't have much value it's true, and it is exactly why he won't be traded now. Like I said above, the Sens wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 1st just 1 year after reaching to pick him. He's obviously a big gambling long-term project
Sep. 23, 2022 at 6:19 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Xspyrit
If it includes Greig, it's more than slight. He's an untouchable for them.

I'm not doing that, not even close. Remove Greig and I consider

2023 1st round pick (OTT) : ton of value even if Ottawa is seen as much better this season.

Bernard-Docker, Jacob : easily worth a 1st round pick

Boucher, Tyler : doesn't have 1st round pick value right now but the Sens wouldn't trade him for anything less just 1 year after reaching to pick him. He's obviously a big gambling long-term project

Zaitsev, Nikita : he's massively overpaid but his bonus has been paid this season so his average cost for the next 2 seasons is 3.5, which lowers the negative value of his dump. He would do ok in Arizona, stop gap for them anyway

Pass if the Coyotes are looking for more, understandably they would.

This is very short sighted. The kid was 21 y/o last season and has 1 pro season under his belt, 58 AHL games, 13 NHL games

The plan was never to rush him, Sens prospects have been developed carefully, only Tkachuk made the NHL right away because of obvious reasons

JBD received a lot of praise as the season progressed, he is being groomed as a defensive D-man and he has the potential to excel in that department

It's cute that you're trying but you just don't understand/know anything about Sens context

JBD was drafted as a 1st round pick 4 years ago and outside of covid slowing things down, there has been absolutely no problem with his development, au contraire it has gone very well so far.

Boucher doesn't have much value it's true, and it is exactly why he won't be traded now. Like I said above, the Sens wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 1st just 1 year after reaching to pick him. He's obviously a big gambling long-term project

Whatever, time is running out for JBD. Tobias Bjornfot over in LA has gotten plenty of NHL games already, he's still got 1 more year on his ELC
Sep. 23, 2022 at 6:39 p.m.
Whatever, time is running out for JBD. Tobias Bjornfot over in LA has gotten plenty of NHL games already, he's still got 1 more year on his ELC

No, time isn't running out. It's possible to sign a bridge deal after an ELC. D-men in general tend to be developed a bit slower

JBD will get NHL games this season and might even establish himself in the NHL if there's an injury on RD

For now, past Dorion mistakes (Zaitsev, Hamonic) are a bit in his way
csick liked this.
Sep. 23, 2022 at 6:46 p.m.
Banned
No, time isn't running out. It's possible to sign a bridge deal after an ELC. D-men in general tend to be developed a bit slower

JBD will get NHL games this season and might even establish himself in the NHL if there's an injury on RD

For now, past Dorion mistakes (Zaitsev, Hamonic) are a bit in his way

You still didn't explain the comparable I presented
Sep. 23, 2022 at 6:51 p.m.
You still didn't explain the comparable I presented

Sorry, I was supposed to talk about Bjornfot?

lol this isn't about who gets the more NHL games before 23 y/o! Each player has a particular path to the NHL. JBD was in College and decided to stay 3 years

Bjornfot played pro hockey at a young age, like Brannstrom. Do we think Brannstrom will automatically be better than JBD?

You really have no idea about the Ottawa Senators and player's development it seems

Anything else?
Sep. 23, 2022 at 6:53 p.m.
Banned
Sorry, I was supposed to talk about Bjornfot?

lol this isn't about who gets the more NHL games before 23 y/o! Each player has a particular path to the NHL. JBD was in College and decided to stay 3 years

Bjornfot played pro hockey at a young age, like Brannstrom. Do we think Brannstrom will automatically be better than JBD?

You really have no idea about the Ottawa Senators and player's development it seems

Anything else?

Or you're just a big homer if you're getting this worked up
Sep. 23, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Or you're just a big homer if you're getting this worked up

How am I getting worked up? It's amusing that's all and I am also trying to explain you how things work a bit

lol at people able to detect people's emotions through black and white words on the internet, always cracked me up!

Oh and if you want to know, I must admit that I have always found people who talk WITHOUT knowing a bit annoying
Sep. 23, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Banned
How am I getting worked up? It's amusing that's all and I am also trying to explain you how things work a bit

lol at people able to detect people's emotions through black and white words on the internet, always cracked me up!

Well I can detect yours, and I'm sure many others can as well
Sep. 23, 2022 at 7:02 p.m.
Well I can detect yours, and I'm sure many others can as well

ok go ahead Freud, what are my emotions right now?

This is amazing tears of joy
Sep. 23, 2022 at 7:03 p.m.
Banned
ok go ahead Freud, what are my emotions right now?

This is amazing tears of joy

You were clearly a bit flustered, and now you're doing your best to try and make it out to be that the world revolves around your own perspective, and that you don't have to change your perspective for the world. Selfish
Sep. 23, 2022 at 8:01 p.m.
You were clearly a bit flustered, and now you're doing your best to try and make it out to be that the world revolves around your own perspective, and that you don't have to change your perspective for the world. Selfish

Flustered? Now I'm doing my best? lol I have no idea where you get your ideas but I'll be cool and explain to give you a chance at evolution and why I found your statements in this thread both funny and annoying. It has nothing to do with my perspective. I don't even really care about it myself... What I care about though is this :

You make a CLAIM, a STATEMENT that JBD's value is not super high because he "hasn't been able to stick in the lineup yet"

I then quoted you to explain why this logic means absolutely nothing in regards to the context.

Instead of acknowledging like someone who wouldn't think that the world revolves around his own perspective, you double down saying "Whatever, time is running out for JBD" even if you're at least 2 years early for saying that.

Despite your "accusations", I don't get "worked up at all" and take the time to explain why what you said is not TRUE.

You then complain that I didn't talk about Bjornfot who has absolutely NOTHING to do with JBD's development.

Sorry if I am finding that a bit funny because of all the non-sense you've been telling me so far. That's when you decided to call me a "big homer" while detecting my emotions through your internet super powers.

And finally, you have the NERVES to call me out and saying that "I make it out to be that the world revolves around my own perspective"

You're a perfect example of what is wrong on the internet. Talking WITHOUT knowing. Drawing conclusions without any knowledge of a situation whatsoever. Thankfully, hockey is a light subject, an entertainment but on more sensitive subjects, that kind of attitude becomes toxic in a hurry, and unfortunately sometimes, it has very nasty consequences. But hey, it's not you who think the world resolves around his own perspective lol
Sep. 23, 2022 at 10:52 p.m.
Banned
Flustered? Now I'm doing my best? lol I have no idea where you get your ideas but I'll be cool and explain to give you a chance at evolution and why I found your statements in this thread both funny and annoying. It has nothing to do with my perspective. I don't even really care about it myself... What I care about though is this :

You make a CLAIM, a STATEMENT that JBD's value is not super high because he "hasn't been able to stick in the lineup yet"

I then quoted you to explain why this logic means absolutely nothing in regards to the context.

Instead of acknowledging like someone who wouldn't think that the world revolves around his own perspective, you double down saying "Whatever, time is running out for JBD" even if you're at least 2 years early for saying that.

Despite your "accusations", I don't get "worked up at all" and take the time to explain why what you said is not TRUE.

You then complain that I didn't talk about Bjornfot who has absolutely NOTHING to do with JBD's development.

Sorry if I am finding that a bit funny because of all the non-sense you've been telling me so far. That's when you decided to call me a "big homer" while detecting my emotions through your internet super powers.

And finally, you have the NERVES to call me out and saying that "I make it out to be that the world revolves around my own perspective"

You're a perfect example of what is wrong on the internet. Talking WITHOUT knowing. Drawing conclusions without any knowledge of a situation whatsoever. Thankfully, hockey is a light subject, an entertainment but on more sensitive subjects, that kind of attitude becomes toxic in a hurry, and unfortunately sometimes, it has very nasty consequences. But hey, it's not you who think the world resolves around his own perspective lol

YOU are a perfect example of what is wrong with the internet. If you weren't, you wouldn't have dragged this conversation in that direction. You don't come up with sound explanations or rationalizations to back up your claims
Sep. 24, 2022 at 10:03 a.m.
YOU are a perfect example of what is wrong with the internet. If you weren't, you wouldn't have dragged this conversation in that direction. You don't come up with sound explanations or rationalizations to back up your claims

No it's just that it goes way way over your head because you are exactly what you accuse me of : the world resolves around your own (ignorant) perspective

Me on other hand, I basically NEVER talk about something I don't know because life has taught me already that I know very little in the grand scheme of things. That is why I only talk about the few things I know and this is a subject I know.

Remember, you first said "hasn't been able to stick in the lineup yet"

I replied : "The kid was 21 y/o last season and has 1 pro season under his belt, 58 AHL games, 13 NHL games

The plan was never to rush him, Sens prospects have been developed carefully, only Tkachuk (and Stutzle) made the NHL right away because of obvious reasons

"

How is it not a sound explanation or rationalization? What is not TRUE about that? Everything is demonstrable

And LOL at me dragging this conversation in that direction. You're the one calling me a big homer and trying to lecture my emotions on the internet. Like I said, this is amazing tears of joy

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll