$7,875,000$7,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
RW, C
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,675,000$1,675,000
C
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,900,000$2,900,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RD
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 27, 2022 at 12:05 p.m.
Do the Kings really need Chychrun with Durzi, Spence, and Clarke looking legit?

Chychrun declined last season both offensively and defensively, as all three of these players took big steps in their careers and still have budget or ELC contracts.

Best I'd offer is a 1st,Turcotte, Walker. And if that doesn't do it, I think the Kings are fine. Lots of LD free agents this season, do they really need to spend to get 2.5 seasons of Chychrun.
Sep. 27, 2022 at 12:05 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: tryger

Chychrun declined last season both offensively and defensively, as all three of these players took big steps in their careers and still have budget or ELC contracts.

Best I'd offer is a 1st,Turcotte, Walker. And if that doesn't do it, I think the Kings are fine. Lots of LD free agents this season, do they really need to spend to get 2.5 seasons of Chychrun.

You just named 3RDs when Chychrun is a LD wink
tryger and dickie_boon liked this.
Sep. 27, 2022 at 12:08 p.m.
Quoting: csick
You just named 3RDs when Chychrun is a LD wink

Roy, Walker, and Doughty have each played on their offside. And the Kings still have Moverare, Bjornfot, and Nousiainen. The point, I'm trying to make is if Chychrun was on a 20 goal pace last season, I'd be more open to trading big assets but he did not play well last season, and this season Stecher should be his partner on the top-pair,I think his value goes down.
Sep. 27, 2022 at 12:11 p.m.

Like @csick said above, the three you mentioned play the opposite side.

There's no doubt Chychrun would help LA's team right now. And if the Kings came out of the trade without giving up one of Vilardi or Turcotte, I'd say that's a win. I'd take this deal if I was LA. Pinelli might be good, but he's likely never going to compete for 2C. And the Kings have plenty of 3C. The only two pieces I'd really miss here are Spence (who's easily replaceable since Clarke, Durzi and Grans are all part of LA's system) and the 1st round pick, because like everyone else I'm very high on this year's draft. Walker is the odd-man out, but helps both the LA salary position, as well as giving the Coyotes an NHL-caliber play to ice while they go through their rebuild... It's nice to tank and all, but there are still 82 games that need to be played.

At the current price, though, I doubt Arizona accepts this.
csick and tryger liked this.
Sep. 27, 2022 at 12:20 p.m.
Edited Sep. 27, 2022 at 12:27 p.m.
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
Like csick said above, the three you mentioned play the opposite side.

There's no doubt Chychrun would help LA's team right now. And if the Kings came out of the trade without giving up one of Vilardi or Turcotte, I'd say that's a win. I'd take this deal if I was LA. Pinelli might be good, but he's likely never going to compete for 2C. And the Kings have plenty of 3C. The only two pieces I'd really miss here are Spence (who's easily replaceable since Clarke, Durzi and Grans are all part of LA's system) and the 1st round pick, because like everyone else I'm very high on this year's draft. Walker is the odd-man out, but helps both the LA salary position, as well as giving the Coyotes an NHL-caliber play to ice while they go through their rebuild... It's nice to tank and all, but there are still 82 games that need to be played.

At the current price, though, I doubt Arizona accepts this.

Remember Roy played time on the left-side just fine. We are just seeing the beginning of what Clarke, Durzi, and Spence can provide at budget contracts, we need time to see these players and really identify who has the best ceiling. Roy, Walker, and Doughty have each played their offside and we still have Bjornfot, Moverare, and Nousiainen coming.

My question is would you be ok moving Spence after he as a first year pro exploded on the scene for 3-2.5 years of Chychrun who could continue to decline offensively? I think we have to hold on to Clarke, Durzi, and Spence. We have the ability to wait and this team was still solid defensively playing these young guys.

Also didn't Chychrun have 2 surgeries in the offseason?
Sep. 27, 2022 at 12:33 p.m.
KFTW
Remember Roy played time on the left-side just fine. We are just seeing the beginning of what Clarke, Durzi, and Spence can provide at budget contracts, we need time to see these players and really identify who has the best ceiling. Roy, Walker, and Doughty have each played their offside and we still have Bjornfot, Moverare, and Nousiainen coming.

My question is would you be ok moving Spence after he as a first year pro exploded on the scene for 3-2.5 years of Chychrun who could continue to decline offensively? I think we have to hold on to Clarke, Durzi, and Spence. We have the ability to wait and this team was still solid defensively playing these young guys.

Also didn't Chychrun have 2 surgeries in the offseason?

My concern is where will these players play? Turcotte, Byfield, Vilardi all fighting for spots. Clarke, Durzi, Spence , Grans will all be fighting for spots. There’s just no room for all of them. At some point in the next year, they need a move like this before the prospects lose value by being stored in the minors because there’s no room for them
MMB liked this.
Sep. 27, 2022 at 1:32 p.m.
Roy, Walker, and Doughty have each played on their offside. And the Kings still have Moverare, Bjornfot, and Nousiainen. The point, I'm trying to make is if Chychrun was on a 20 goal pace last season, I'd be more open to trading big assets but he did not play well last season, and this season Stecher should be his partner on the top-pair,I think his value goes down.

Doughty has never played a single game on the left in his career. Why would you want to put an elite defenseman anywhere other than where he is the most comfortable?

Quoting: csick
My concern is where will these players play? Turcotte, Byfield, Vilardi all fighting for spots. Clarke, Durzi, Spence , Grans will all be fighting for spots. There’s just no room for all of them. At some point in the next year, they need a move like this before the prospects lose value by being stored in the minors because there’s no room for them

I've never understood this argument. Just because there may or may not be enough room for certain prospects doesn't mean that the Kings are going to throw them away for less than their value before they've had their chance to peak. Especially with the recent surgery news, Chychrun isn't worth 4 valuable pieces. I'd concur with the others that the best I would do is a conditional 1st + Turcotte + Walker.
Sep. 27, 2022 at 4:33 p.m.
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Doughty has never played a single game on the left in his career. Why would you want to put an elite defenseman anywhere other than where he is the most comfortable?

I've never understood this argument. Just because there may or may not be enough room for certain prospects doesn't mean that the Kings are going to throw them away for less than their value before they've had their chance to peak. Especially with the recent surgery news, Chychrun isn't worth 4 valuable pieces. I'd concur with the others that the best I would do is a conditional 1st + Turcotte + Walker.

Doughty can play defense from a forward position, he will likely always play LD, my point is with the emergence of all these RDs, our need is actually a veteran shutdown left-defenseman. Chychrun and Roy would be fantastic together, but long term I'm happier staying pat.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll