$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 28, 2022 at 12:24 a.m.
The Holl trade does not happen, the sens aren't going to give up Jarventie for Holl. Easy reject.
csick and majormoose007 liked this.
Sep. 28, 2022 at 4:33 a.m.
FALSEHOODS:

Fully healthy

Sandin signing for 1mil

Either of those teams making those trades

Just need to shed 3 roster players

a 5th-7th defense of 3 guys 35+ yrs old staying healthy?
Sep. 28, 2022 at 5:14 a.m.
dear leaf fans,

leave tolvanen and jeannot alone
Sep. 28, 2022 at 9:16 a.m.
Quoting: PhilsWeiner
dear leaf fans,

leave tolvanen and jeannot alone

He behind Forsberg, Trenin and Jeannot on depth charts…

Tolvanen will be traded lmfao
Sep. 28, 2022 at 9:23 a.m.
Quoting: Hammerwise
FALSEHOODS:

Fully healthy

Sandin signing for 1mil

Either of those teams making those trades

Just need to shed 3 roster players

a 5th-7th defense of 3 guys 35+ yrs old staying healthy?

We have depth dman in the minors as well… Dalhstrom, Mete, Kral and more can play games this season. Plus it’s 5-7 dman. Their minutes are reduced compared to the top 4.

Sandin signs a 1yr contract for 1 million. It’s a bet on himself deal.

Tolvanen is behind Forsberg, Trenin, Jeannot on LW depth charts and Duchene, Nino, and Tomasino on RW.

RHD are valuable assets. Toronto is taking the risk as the prospect has issues with his defensive game and play recognition. Whilst Ottawa gets an RHD to push Zaitsev further down the lineup.

Lastly Toronto has prospects they need to give a shot like Robertson. Plus they got Holmberg and more in the minors. So they can afford to shed roster players that are in expiring deals
Sep. 28, 2022 at 9:24 a.m.
Quoting: Platypus4k
The Holl trade does not happen, the sens aren't going to give up Jarventie for Holl. Easy reject.

RHD are hard to come by and you’re giving up a project for a for sure thing. Jarventie is still a big question mark due to his lack of awareness and defensive game. He might just top out at a bottom 6 contributor. Unlikely he’s a top 6 guy
Sep. 28, 2022 at 9:58 a.m.
Quoting: CakeEaterBanks
We have depth dman in the minors as well… Dalhstrom, Mete, Kral and more can play games this season. Plus it’s 5-7 dman. Their minutes are reduced compared to the top 4.

Tolvanen is behind Forsberg, Trenin, Jeannot on LW depth charts and Duchene, Nino, and Tomasino on RW.

RHD are valuable assets. Toronto is taking the risk as the prospect has issues with his defensive game and play recognition. Whilst Ottawa gets an RHD to push Zaitsev further down the lineup.

Lastly Toronto has prospects they need to give a shot like Robertson. Plus they got Holmberg and more in the minors. So they can afford to shed roster players that are in expiring deals

All those depth defensemen are not that good, and theres a reason that you're hoping to lose anderson and gaudette (the closest ready to help now guys), over the not ready squad in the AHL, sandin doesn't sign for 1mil, its ridiculous, maybe 1.4-1.6, like liljegren, but you dont have the cap for that. As far as the trades, OTT is not trading anything to pay Zaitsev 4.5mil to be the 8th-10th dman, instead of the 6th-7th and Tolvaanen might be have to progress, but hes an RFA signed for 1.45mil for 2 yrs, its a move that NASH doesn;t have to make and probably doesn;t for that offer, (the key piece being a more expensive and older winger playing far down the lineup)

But really its the fact that the defense is fairly ancient, with some real concerns over health over the season, so thinking that the team will be fully healthy over 82 games is a castle built upon the sands already.

I just think your begining premise of Fully Healthy is faulty, (and your roster only works because youre trading (for value) 4.5mil you cant fit under the cap and muck for a 2nd line tolvaanen AND Sandin is taking a ridiculous offer?)
Sep. 28, 2022 at 10:46 a.m.
RHD are hard to come by and you’re giving up a project for a for sure thing. Jarventie is still a big question mark due to his lack of awareness and defensive game. He might just top out at a bottom 6 contributor. Unlikely he’s a top 6 guy

I know, I just feel like there are better options out there other than Holl. I'm willing to give Jarventie up if it means we get a top 4 RHD but Holl isn't it for me.
Sep. 28, 2022 at 11:24 a.m.
lol at the Sens giving up Jarventie for Holl, he's worth more than a 3rd round pick to them (or even a 2nd)

That's a very inaccurate scouting report on Jarventie

Holl is not needed at all. Make Zaitsev and Hamonic disappear and then we'll talk
Sep. 28, 2022 at 1:44 p.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
lol at the Sens giving up Jarventie for Holl, he's worth more than a 3rd round pick to them (or even a 2nd)

That's a very inaccurate scouting report on Jarventie

Holl is not needed at all. Make Zaitsev and Hamonic disappear and then we'll talk

Read his dobberprospect scouting report. It says he isn’t well rounded. Again he has the potential but he needs to round out his game because defensive awareness and his defensive play.

Furthermore I think you’re overvaluing your prospects. Jarventie is great but is years away. I doubt ownership will tolerate missing the playoffs with the amount of money that was handed out to players, and will need to be handed out (Debrincat).

RHD is a clear need and no team is moving them other than Toronto.
Sep. 28, 2022 at 1:48 p.m.
Quoting: Hammerwise
All those depth defensemen are not that good, and theres a reason that you're hoping to lose anderson and gaudette (the closest ready to help now guys), over the not ready squad in the AHL, sandin doesn't sign for 1mil, its ridiculous, maybe 1.4-1.6, like liljegren, but you dont have the cap for that. As far as the trades, OTT is not trading anything to pay Zaitsev 4.5mil to be the 8th-10th dman, instead of the 6th-7th and Tolvaanen might be have to progress, but hes an RFA signed for 1.45mil for 2 yrs, its a move that NASH doesn;t have to make and probably doesn;t for that offer, (the key piece being a more expensive and older winger playing far down the lineup)

But really its the fact that the defense is fairly ancient, with some real concerns over health over the season, so thinking that the team will be fully healthy over 82 games is a castle built upon the sands already.

I just think your begining premise of Fully Healthy is faulty, (and your roster only works because youre trading (for value) 4.5mil you cant fit under the cap and muck for a 2nd line tolvaanen AND Sandin is taking a ridiculous offer?)

It’s a 1yr deal. It was reported by CJ that Sandin deal will either be 1yr between 900k-1.1million or 2yr 1.5 million-2 million.

Furthermore look at Toronto defensive structure. 5-8th dman as long as they can move the puck, collapse in front of the net and block shots they’ll be ok. Their top 4 is where all the magic is. Maybe defence might be a need later in the year but that’s what the trade deadline is for.

Also Tolavanen is the perfect winger for Tavares and Nylander wing. You don’t watch him play enough if you say otherwise.
Sep. 28, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.

*good* RHD are valuable assets, Justin Holl is not. They don't need to give up a prospect with solid value just to push Zaitsev out, there's internal options that would easily be better choices. at most, if the Sens did end up pursuing Holl, you just toss the Leafs like, a 3rd or 4th round pick, it's the best that Dubas will get for him
Sep. 28, 2022 at 5:56 p.m.
Edited Sep. 28, 2022 at 6:07 p.m.
Read his dobberprospect scouting report. It says he isn’t well rounded. Again he has the potential but he needs to round out his game because defensive awareness and his defensive play.

Furthermore I think you’re overvaluing your prospects. Jarventie is great but is years away. I doubt ownership will tolerate missing the playoffs with the amount of money that was handed out to players, and will need to be handed out (Debrincat).

RHD is a clear need and no team is moving them other than Toronto.

Dobber? Really? lol did you even notice that this (semi-accurate) report was written more than 2 years ago? On May 31st, 2020

Yes there is still flaws in his game and parts that he needs to work on but it's very obvious that you have no idea about the player.

Not only you talk about things you don't know but you have the nerves to accuse me of "overvaluing my prospects"

You also have no idea about that. I have been making money with prospects for 12+ years. I made 30 K$ with Erik Karlsson alone. So please...

I call the things as they are. It's not because they are my team's prospects that I am necessarily high on them.

For example, I am probably the biggest Boucher critic. I have been calling recent 2nd round picks like Roger and Tychonick as busts a year after they were drafted. I am not as high on Thomson as other Sens fans. I called Mike Hoffman a "cup-of-coffee guy maximum" back then (I was wrong on this one). When Andrew Hammond was having insane stats in 2014-15 (20-1-2 and 0.941 SV%) and everyone was going crazy about him, I called him a flash in the pan. Etc, etc, etc

I never said that Jarventie was the ultimate 2-way player or close to NHL ready but Sens are certainly high on him. They took him early in the 2nd round 2 years ago (2nd pick in the 2nd round) and he has done nothing to disappoint them since. He has been playing vs men as a teenager and has done pretty well in general. How much do you think he's worth to them if he was taken 33rd OA and they are happy with his development?

Also, maybe you should see this tweet?

Are you going to believe me now or this is not enough?

Finally, like everyone has been trying to tell you, Justin Holl doesn't fit any need for the Ottawa Senators.
glaive liked this.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 2:13 a.m.
He behind Forsberg, Trenin and Jeannot on depth charts…

Tolvanen will be traded lmfao

what...?

All 3 of those names can play on either wing. His 5v5 metrics have gotten better and is due for a breakout. Even then, he only makes 1m, hes cost efficient. He's not being traded just because the leafs have a gaping hole in the top 6 lmfao.
Oct. 1, 2022 at 2:09 a.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
Dobber? Really? lol did you even notice that this (semi-accurate) report was written more than 2 years ago? On May 31st, 2020

Yes there is still flaws in his game and parts that he needs to work on but it's very obvious that you have no idea about the player.

Not only you talk about things you don't know but you have the nerves to accuse me of "overvaluing my prospects"

You also have no idea about that. I have been making money with prospects for 12+ years. I made 30 K$ with Erik Karlsson alone. So please...

I call the things as they are. It's not because they are my team's prospects that I am necessarily high on them.

For example, I am probably the biggest Boucher critic. I have been calling recent 2nd round picks like Roger and Tychonick as busts a year after they were drafted. I am not as high on Thomson as other Sens fans. I called Mike Hoffman a "cup-of-coffee guy maximum" back then (I was wrong on this one). When Andrew Hammond was having insane stats in 2014-15 (20-1-2 and 0.941 SV%) and everyone was going crazy about him, I called him a flash in the pan. Etc, etc, etc

I never said that Jarventie was the ultimate 2-way player or close to NHL ready but Sens are certainly high on him. They took him early in the 2nd round 2 years ago (2nd pick in the 2nd round) and he has done nothing to disappoint them since. He has been playing vs men as a teenager and has done pretty well in general. How much do you think he's worth to them if he was taken 33rd OA and they are happy with his development?

Also, maybe you should see this tweet?

Are you going to believe me now or this is not enough?

Finally, like everyone has been trying to tell you, Justin Holl doesn't fit any need for the Ottawa Senators.

Yes because a GM will publicly state who he’s willing to trade or not.

Furthermore the report was written in May 31st, 2020 but been consistently updated. May 31st was when they started scouting him…
Oct. 1, 2022 at 2:11 a.m.
Quoting: PhilsWeiner
what...?

All 3 of those names can play on either wing. His 5v5 metrics have gotten better and is due for a breakout. Even then, he only makes 1m, hes cost efficient. He's not being traded just because the leafs have a gaping hole in the top 6 lmfao.

The Leafs don’t have a gaping hole in their top 6 lmfao. Kerfoot scored 50 points there and Robertson looks ready to take that step.

Tolvanen is due for a breakout but won’t in Hynes system. Hynes system relies on offence from the back end and not the forwards generating
Oct. 1, 2022 at 5:18 p.m.
Yes because a GM will publicly state who he’s willing to trade or not.

Furthermore the report was written in May 31st, 2020 but been consistently updated. May 31st was when they started scouting him…

ok so I guess "not enough" lol

Don't worry I have seen this movie a million times before. Some people just can't be convinced now matter how many times you demonstrate that 2 + 2 = 4

And yes, GMs talk all the time about prospects they are not willing to trade. For example, it was well known that Dallas wouldn't trade Miro Heiskanen for Erik Karlsson

Finally, Jokke Nevalainen has been working somewhere else for 23 months now, so no that report has not been updated. But good try, again talking about things you have no idea about.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll