Forums/Armchair-GM

Chychrun

Created by: JAKE6
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 29, 2022
Published: Sep. 29, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
No Matt knies for you. It makes more sense to me to pursue a lyubushkin type of dmen but apparently leafs are interested in chychrun, so this would be my offer.. If this doesn’t get it done too bad, Matt knies is untouchable
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (WPG)
TOR
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (FLA)
PHI
  1. Engvall, Pierre
Additional Details:
Anywhere
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$82,493,116$212,500$0$6,884
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 29, 2022 at 8:40 p.m.
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
https://www.nhl.com/news/islanders-trade-grabner-to-maple-leafs-for-five-players/c-779475

Suck it.

Now go ahead and find six.
Sep. 29, 2022 at 8:41 p.m.
Let Him Cook
Quoting: mikearky
Well this does not get it done. Sorry.

1st rumors are that they are looking for a 1st round pick a tip prospect and a good cost controlled NHL player. You deal does not have that.

2nd Arizona does not have to trade him unti they get wan them want, because ehe is signed to a contract and their term. They might change their minds as his contract nears.

Lastly, in this deal where is the top prospect? Yes good propsects but nothing blows them away. And adding Hol to make the deal work for you is a non starter no matter what unless you pay to make it work

Come on you ha e tonunderstand that.

I’d say niemela is the top prospect. And why would we need to pay extra to give them holl? They would use him and he has value to them and a lot of nhl teams. Including ourselves. That being said I’ve already debated and explained that this trade doesn’t make sense for either team. Why even try to debate when it’s over ?
Sep. 29, 2022 at 8:44 p.m.
arky
Quoting: jake4leafs
I’d say niemela is the top prospect. And why would we need to pay extra to give them holl? They would use him and he has value to them and a lot of nhl teams. Including ourselves. That being said I’ve already debated and explained that this trade doesn’t make sense for either team. Why even try to debate when it’s over ?

Wow just looked at several sites and only player was on most lists for prosepects under 23 and that was Robertson. He was ranked in most list in the top half or in two lists of top 50 he was ranked in the 40s. And if it make snow sense then why post when it is already over?
Sep. 29, 2022 at 8:46 p.m.
Let Him Cook
Quoting: mikearky
Wow just looked at several sites and only player was on most lists for prosepects under 23 and that was Robertson. He was ranked in most list in the top half or in two lists of top 50 he was ranked in the 40s. And if it make snow sense then why post when it is already over?

I posted to show leafs fans this trade doesn’t make sense. It was debated and the trade doesn’t work for either teams. Why try to re open a debate that’s already over ?
Sep. 29, 2022 at 8:49 p.m.
mokumboi
He said quantity for quality trades never happened, and he proved him wrong in a savage fashion lol, but to be fair he is right, those trades are very very rare.

Grabner was a dime a dozen player at the time, so that example is well short on the quality part. Hell, one of the players who came back, Verhaeghe, is far better than Grabner was then. It's just not an apt example.
Sep. 29, 2022 at 8:51 p.m.
Quoting: DefenseFirst
The good ole, “here’s a bunch of crap for your star player,” ACGM.

Robertson and Niemela are two of the Leafs best prospects, so it's not that.
JAKE6 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2022 at 8:53 p.m.
Let Him Cook
Quoting: GMBL

Hirvonen was captain for Finland and was a ppg too
Sep. 29, 2022 at 9:13 p.m.
Hirvonen was captain for Finland and was a ppg too

Yep, that being said I don't think we are going to see a 6 for 1, especially not when with a ton of Leaf prospects. The Leafs probably won't land Chychrun unless the ask comes down significantly and it's probably would require a 2 for 4/5 players.
JAKE6 liked this.
Sep. 29, 2022 at 9:14 p.m.

Niemala is kind of interesting.

I think there was this weird thing with Robertson where he scored a playoff goal and leaf land decided he was a top prospect. I haven’t seen much to like about his game other than a killer writer that he doesn’t seem to have the ability to get off with any frequency.
Sep. 29, 2022 at 9:20 p.m.
Xercuses
The good ole, “here’s a bunch of crap for your star player,” ACGM.

Well tbf Robertson and Neimala aren’t crap but yea this isn’t enough at all
Sep. 29, 2022 at 10:20 p.m.
Edited Sep. 29, 2022 at 10:27 p.m.
Niemala is kind of interesting.

I think there was this weird thing with Robertson where he scored a playoff goal and leaf land decided he was a top prospect. I haven’t seen much to like about his game other than a killer writer that he doesn’t seem to have the ability to get off with any frequency.

He doesn't have to be the best prospect, but he's considered a good prospect based off what he's done in juniors and the AHL. He has limited NHL experience but once a player starts gaining NHL experience they will no longer be a prospect. Being a good or great prospect doesn't mean you will turnout to be an NHLer.

If Arz is interested in undersized wingers, then he's definitely a player that they would want but they would rather much prefer the big, local kid in Knies for sure.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 8:15 a.m.
He doesn't have to be the best prospect, but he's considered a good prospect based off what he's done in juniors and the AHL. He has limited NHL experience but once a player starts gaining NHL experience they will no longer be a prospect. Being a good or great prospect doesn't mean you will turnout to be an NHLer.

If Arz is interested in undersized wingers, then he's definitely a player that they would want but they would rather much prefer the big, local kid in Knies for sure.

He’s a 21 year old undersized winger that’s been given multiple chances in the NHL and he can’t stick. He’s okay.

This is in the context of chychrun. Robertson is irrelevant in that conversation
Sep. 30, 2022 at 10:35 a.m.
He’s a 21 year old undersized winger that’s been given multiple chances in the NHL and he can’t stick. He’s okay.

This is in the context of chychrun. Robertson is irrelevant in that conversation

Robertson had a few looks in the past but it's not like he played a ton in the NHL either. Cracking the Leafs line up for a player like him isn't going to be that easy, since he's going to be looked to fill a top 6 role. What matters though is where he's at now, at age 21 he still has some time, and he's looking okay for now. He's not irrelevant in Chychrun trade conversations, unless the Yotes are categorically against undersized wingers, otherwise there could be interest. Just because he couldn't crack the Leafs roster in the past (he might this year), doesn't mean he couldn't crack the Yotes roster.

Like I said in my previous post, Arizona's first choice would definitely be Knies and they might stick to asking for him since they probably really want him because of his size and local ties, but if they are okay with undersized wingers they might be open to taking Robertson. He's shown he can dominate in the AHL last year, now it's time for him to prove he can take that next step. He's gotten a bit "thicker" in his own words which might help him a bit.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 10:41 a.m.
Robertson had a few looks in the past but it's not like he played a ton in the NHL either. Cracking the Leafs line up for a player like him isn't going to be that easy, since he's going to be looked to fill a top 6 role. What matters though is where he's at now, at age 21 he still has some time, and he's looking okay for now. He's not irrelevant in Chychrun trade conversations, unless the Yotes are categorically against undersized wingers, otherwise there could be interest. Just because he couldn't crack the Leafs roster in the past (he might this year), doesn't mean he couldn't crack the Yotes roster.

Like I said in my previous post, Arizona's first choice would definitely be Knies and they might stick to asking for him since they probably really want him because of his size and local ties, but if they are okay with undersized wingers they might be open to taking Robertson. He's shown he can dominate in the AHL last year, now it's time for him to prove he can take that next step. He's gotten a bit "thicker" in his own words which might help him a bit.

When talking about the prospects that would be a primary piece in a trade for an asset like chychrun, there can’t be a litany of excuses.

I’m not saying the guy doesn’t have value, and for a good rental at the deadline, Robertson would likely be that kind of asset that could be the good prospect in the standard, “first and a prospect,” deal.

He’s a gamble for sure. Not a lock for the NHL. Has some knocks against him (size, and current failure to perform in the NHL).

In a trade for chychrun, the main prospects can’t be in the, “we can definitely talk ourselves into this guy,” category. They have to be more, “our organization loves this guy and believes in him.” I don’t think Robertson is going to be that guy for any NHL teams.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
Edited Sep. 30, 2022 at 11:05 a.m.
When talking about the prospects that would be a primary piece in a trade for an asset like chychrun, there can’t be a litany of excuses.

I’m not saying the guy doesn’t have value, and for a good rental at the deadline, Robertson would likely be that kind of asset that could be the good prospect in the standard, “first and a prospect,” deal.

He’s a gamble for sure. Not a lock for the NHL. Has some knocks against him (size, and current failure to perform in the NHL).

In a trade for chychrun, the main prospects can’t be in the, “we can definitely talk ourselves into this guy,” category. They have to be more, “our organization loves this guy and believes in him.” I don’t think Robertson is going to be that guy for any NHL teams.

I see what you are saying but it's definitely the type offer that the Leafs should give and that I would expect, it's not one that Arizona would take right away, and may ultimately be outbid, but I don't think teams are going to be giving that premium prospect that ARZ wants like Pinto, Knies, or Holloway. Teams are probably aren't only going to be sending that guy and a 1st for Chychrun, especially due to the cap, some teams will be providing a good or decent player, others a cap dump with a sweetner as well. So, I'm not at all saying that's going to be a top offer or one that Arizona would definitely take, it really depends on how they feel about undersized wingers+the rest of the package (perhaps they offer Robertson+ a 2023 1st+Brodie) and how that compares with the other offers. The ask of Arz is down to a premium prospect+a 1st from their previous ask, perhaps that's good enough for them to get a deal done or perhaps it goes lower. I don't think the Leafs will get him, I think Florida might find a way to land him.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
torontos finest
i'd rather them trade for a forward instead of a defenseman
Sep. 30, 2022 at 12:20 p.m.
I see what you are saying but it's definitely the type offer that the Leafs should give and that I would expect, it's not one that Arizona would take right away, and may ultimately be outbid, but I don't think teams are going to be giving that premium prospect that ARZ wants like Pinto, Knies, or Holloway. Teams are probably aren't only going to be sending that guy and a 1st for Chychrun, especially due to the cap, some teams will be providing a good or decent player, others a cap dump with a sweetner as well. So, I'm not at all saying that's going to be a top offer or one that Arizona would definitely take, it really depends on how they feel about undersized wingers+the rest of the package (perhaps they offer Robertson+ a 2023 1st+Brodie) and how that compares with the other offers. The ask of Arz is down to a premium prospect+a 1st from their previous ask, perhaps that's good enough for them to get a deal done or perhaps it goes lower. I don't think the Leafs will get him, I think Florida might find a way to land him.

I think you’re wildly undervaluing chychrun. An asset like this doesn’t come on the market. Three years at that cap hit? That’s so rare. It should be the most expensive trade we’ve seen in a long time. More than eichel, more than debrincat.

Teams best prospect and a first is the basis (if it’s a really good prospect. Then add from there.

Get rid of the notion of an okay roster player. That is zero value to arizona.

I think it winds up being something like: 1st, blue chip prospect, cap dump, another very good asset for chychrun.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll