SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

I want to know your team better

Sep. 29, 2022 at 9:14 p.m.
d4rk1ll4
Hey ! I'm doing my preparation for some hockey pools. I'm a habs fan, but I want to know the other teams better. I have some questions :

1. Where will Washington finish in the ranking?

2. What will most likely be the PP?

3. Who is likely to have a breakout year or who will surprise in terms of point production? Who is advantaged by the line combinations?

4. Who is likely to have a bad year in point production?

5. How many games each goalie is likely to play?
Sep. 30, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: d4rk1ll4
Hey ! I'm doing my preparation for some hockey pools. I'm a habs fan, but I want to know the other teams better. I have some questions :

1. Where will Washington finish in the ranking?

2. What will most likely be the PP?

3. Who is likely to have a breakout year or who will surprise in terms of point production? Who is advantaged by the line combinations?

4. Who is likely to have a bad year in point production?

5. How many games each goalie is likely to play?

1. I expect 2nd or 3rd in the Metro.

2. Powerplay 1 will likely be some combination of Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Oshie, Carlson, and Wilson when he's healthy. Will also see some combination of McMichael, Strome, Brown, Mantha, Orlov, and possibly Snively on PP2.

3. Biggest chance for a breakout year: Strome, followed by McMichael and the longshot being Snively. Brown and Mantha could surprise in point production, as both will have the advantage of getting time on the 1st (Brown) and 2nd (Mantha) lines.

4. Wilson, due to coming back from injury mid-year, is unlikely to get good fantasy points. Sheary will also likely disappoint simply due to likely getting less ice-time (had 40 last year, but may end up on the 4h line with Dowd and Hathaway, who both had about 25 last season)

5. Kuemper will likely get the large majority of games in net. I expect to only see Lindgren for about 15-20 games this season, perhaps less if he struggles and Fucale gets called up. I expect Fucale to get 2 or 3 if injuries occur, otherwise the rest of the games I didn't mention should go to Kuemper.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll