$798,000$798,000
C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,250,000$9,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 30, 2022 at 12:09 p.m.
Quoting: GMBL
They did in a way, apparently now all they care about is a premium prospect+a 1st, of course most of these teams don't have the cap straight up to do that even if they wanted to which they don't, so they will be willing to take a cap dump with a sweetner as well in the trade, or they will end up with a quality player as the "cap dump". Teams don't want to give up that prospect that they are looking for though, so it doesn't really change much at this time.

No the only recent news to come out was that they would take on cap dumps. Which is well Dreger just saying the obvious
Sep. 30, 2022 at 12:38 p.m.
Quoting: Zmach
I personally think trading a second and Samorukov at the deadline for someone like Ryan graves as a rental is the more astute move. Then trade a 5th for Sam gagner and we are full roster.

I can get behind that plan the ask for Graves will likely be a bit steeper but I'm OK with that. Pretty good smart targets your suggesting.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 1:02 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
No the only recent news to come out was that they would take on cap dumps. Which is well Dreger just saying the obvious

Yeah, so in a sense they are lowering their ask, just not in the main component of the trade, which is an a premium prospect+ a 1st, this hasn't changed from their last ask-the OP is hoping that they will be more willing to negotiate on this portion which they aren't at this time. You are right, though that not much has really changed since taking a cap dump is given if he's going to be traded to a contender or even most teams.

I think the difference is the quality of player they are willing to take + the sweetner required for doing so since Ottawa was reportedly already discussing giving them Zaitsev, but Pinto is what is preventing the deal from what I've heard not Zaitsev being in there. I would imagine ARZ was asking for a sweetner along with Zaitsev so, that they end up with at least 3 quality pieces. Maybe now they are willing to take Pinto+ a 1st+ Zaitsev and a 2nd or 3rd or something like that or maybe no sweetner is required.
Ledge_And_Dairy liked this.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 1:11 p.m.
Yeah, so in a sense they are lowering their ask, just not in the main component of the trade, which is an a premium prospect+ a 1st, this hasn't changed from their last ask-the OP is hoping that they will be more willing to negotiate on this portion which they aren't at this time. You are right, though that not much has really changed since taking a cap dump is given if he's going to be traded to a contender or even most teams. I think the difference is the quality of player they are willing to take + the sweetner for doing so.

Last time I checked their ask was 2 1sts and a top prospect. Mind you I think it will be closer to premium prospect + a 1st (plus the cost to dump cap on them).

I wonder, with Edmonton specifically could we see something more along the lines of the OEL trade where Arizona took on many contracts (I'm not talking about Garland being included nor the retention). Like could there be a scenario where both Klefbom and Smith are dumped as well so that Edmonton can accrue cap space during the season? From my understanding Klefbom is insured, and the league insures 85% of players over 35 iirc.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 1:36 p.m.
Last time I checked their ask was 2 1sts and a top prospect. Mind you I think it will be closer to premium prospect + a 1st (plus the cost to dump cap on them).

I wonder, with Edmonton specifically could we see something more along the lines of the OEL trade where Arizona took on many contracts (I'm not talking about Garland being included nor the retention). Like could there be a scenario where both Klefbom and Smith are dumped as well so that Edmonton can accrue cap space during the season? From my understanding Klefbom is insured, and the league insures 85% of players over 35 iirc.

Yeah, I remember at the deadline the ask did go up to like 4 pieces (a top prospect, a 1st, a young player who was a former 1st, and I'm guessing the last piece just had to be a 1st equivalent), I'm not sure if it came down after. I'm speculating that a team like Ottawa was offering Zaitsev+the cost to dump him (maybe a 1st or B prospect)+ a B or A minus prospect+ 2023 1st.

I think with all the teams interested none want to give up that premium prospect, in Edmonton's case that would be Holloway and Broberg for sure, but if we just look at the cap perspective, Edmonton is using that LTIR space so dumping Klefbom and Smith won't eliminate the need to dump active players though. I think Arizona will say hey, we can help you out with your cap problems and your Puljujarvi problem just give us him a and Foegele or they would happily take Holloway/Broberg+ a 2023 1st+ JP+Barrie, so then it just turns out they get their 3 1sts and potentially a 4th depending on if they can later flip Barrie this or next year. The Oilers won't do that ofc, but if they were willing to give the 1st+premium prospect+ JP+Foegele or Barrie then they will have done pretty good.

I think it's going to have to come down to one or two good prospect +1st+decent "cap dump"+ a sweetner (maybe another 1st depending on the quality of the players) if there's going to be a deal, but in terms of value I think two 1sts, two seconds + a 3rd.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 2:57 p.m.
Quoting: rext7177
I heard rumors that AZ asked for Broberg and Holland declined, same situation with Ottawa and Pinto, which makes me think that's why AZ has lowered their ask, 1 roster player, two B prospects, (or 1 A prospect) and a 1st, might need a 2nd in there

Their ask is down but it still requires an A-prospect and a 1st (there will also have to be a cap component but that's to their benefit if they get a good quality player), more recently it was an A-prospect, as 1st and a young former 1st/good roster player (at last years deadline was 4 good pieces). The Oilers won't get him at this time if they aren't giving Holloway, Broberg, or Bourgault + a 1st. The ask may drop later but probably not until the deadline. I don't think any team will be giving that A-prospect that ARZ wants, maybe an A minus prospect or two B prospects as suggested with a 1st and quality player as the cap component.

They didn't lower their ask at all

"TSN’s Darren Dreger... reported Thursday that the asking price for the star has come down from last year."
Sep. 30, 2022 at 3:14 p.m.
Quoting: CD282
"TSN’s Darren Dreger... reported Thursday that the asking price for the star has come down from last year."

From last year of 4 1sts sure. That's not new news though
Sep. 30, 2022 at 3:25 p.m.

The ask was never four 1sts.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 3:27 p.m.

"Some say that the Coyotes have softened to some degree at least in their expected return and are more willing now to take on a contract or contracts. Granted, you’ve got to have a first-round draft pick, you’ve got to have a prospect involved in all of this, so the ask is still high." Darren Dreger, TSN

So a 1st + prospect + a contract or 2. That's most certainly lower than the ask was just a few months ago.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 3:39 p.m.

The ask last year was the Eichel return, which was essentially 3.5 to 4 1st in value. My understanding is this summer it was 2 1sts and a top prospect
GMBL liked this.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
"Some say that the Coyotes have softened to some degree at least in their expected return and are more willing now to take on a contract or contracts. Granted, you’ve got to have a first-round draft pick, you’ve got to have a prospect involved in all of this, so the ask is still high." Darren Dreger, TSN

So a 1st + prospect + a contract or 2. That's most certainly lower than the ask was just a few months ago.

It's a shift in focus of just trying to get that top prospect+ a 1st, most teams are going to have to dump at least 4m in cap and those players could have some value themselves. For example if the Oilers weren't against giving up Holloway, Arz doesn't have to take Barrie but he could get them some decent picks in the final year if they did. Another option would be JP+Foegele instead of Barrie which might be more attractive with JP being a former first and still young, and developing.

The prospects that they are after are those who are considered untouchable though, so they are going to get a ton of inquiries but probably not get very far for now but at least talks won't go complete cold. For the above to happen it would mean that they reduce the ask again.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
The ask last year was the Eichel return, which was essentially 3.5 to 4 1st in value. My understanding is this summer it was 2 1sts and a top prospect

It was never the Eichel return, that was misconstrued. And the Eichel return wasn't four 1sts anyhow.

Armstrong indicated that he wanted a package like Eichel got: 4 pieces consisting of a young player, a prospect, a 1st and another high pick. He was never expecting the same quality of pieces as Eichel, but a deal constructed in the same manner.

It's kind of like expecting an "Eichel-like return" for your $20 lunch money: a burger, fries, salad and milkshake.

But nobody met that ask, so it sounds like he's lowering his demands. He still has an unhappy player who has demanded a trade and reiterated the same in the past weeks. The ask appears to be a 1st + a prospect + a contract or 2.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 4:57 p.m.
It was never the Eichel return, that was misconstrued. And the Eichel return wasn't four 1sts anyhow.

Armstrong indicated that he wanted a package like Eichel got: 4 pieces consisting of a young player, a prospect, a 1st and another high pick. He was never expecting the same quality of pieces as Eichel, but a deal constructed in the same manner.

It's kind of like expecting an "Eichel-like return" for your $20 lunch money: a burger, fries, salad and milkshake.

But nobody met that ask, so it sounds like he's lowering his demands. He still has an unhappy player who has demanded a trade and reiterated the same in the past weeks. The ask appears to be a 1st + a prospect + a contract or 2.

That last part is not accurate, he did not demand a trade as an unhappy player. He is happy to cooperate in making a trade happen. He simply stated his preference to go to a playoff team recently, which is logical.

As for Eichel, he was traded at about 50% of his actual value due to being injured and not on a recovery plan. Don't act like he was traded at full value to make the ask for a similar return for a #1 dman unrealistic
Sep. 30, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
That last part is not accurate, he did not demand a trade as an unhappy player. He is happy to cooperate in making a trade happen. He simply stated his preference to go to a playoff team recently, which is logical.

He's not happy in Arizona and has been asking out for over a year now. His level of unhappiness is semantic - and actually you have no way of knowing this.

As for Eichel, he was traded at about 50% of his actual value due to being injured and not on a recovery plan. Don't act like he was traded at full value to make the ask for a similar return for a #1 dman unrealistic

Chychrun isn't a #1 defenseman, lol. And he's also injured and has a long history of injuries.
Sep. 30, 2022 at 5:36 p.m.
He's not happy in Arizona and has been asking out for over a year now. His level of unhappiness is semantic - and actually you have no way of knowing this.

Chychrun isn't a #1 defenseman, lol

Im going off reports i heard just like you. It was said that they approached him about a trade IIRC.

Chychrun is a top 25 defensman in the league who plays extremely heavy minutes quite well. He's more of #1 than Nurse

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll