C, LW
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 3
      Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
      $3,100,000$3,100,000
      RW
      RFA - 2
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
      LW, C
      RFA - 2
      $798,000$798,000
      C
      RFA - 1
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      RW, LW
      NMC
      UFA - 6
      $1,250,000$1,250,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $850,000$850,000
      LW, C, RW
      UFA - 1
      $1,250,000$1,250,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $762,500$762,500
      C, LW
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $3,250,000$3,250,000
      RD
      UFA - 3
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      $9,250,000$9,250,000
      LD
      NMC
      UFA - 8
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RD
      RFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 4
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 2
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      LD
      RFA - 2
      $750,000$750,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $2,200,000$2,200,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $4,167,000$4,167,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Oct. 2, 2022 at 9:30 p.m.
      ginger
      I believe hawks pass
      Oct. 2, 2022 at 10:39 p.m.
      Hawks Decline & why would Philly Pay for Foegele?
      Oct. 2, 2022 at 11:26 p.m.
      hawks ask for broberg or holloway in return if you want kane
      ChiHawk liked this.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 12:49 a.m.
      ural740811
      Quoting: PhilsWeiner
      hawks ask for broberg or holloway in return if you want kane

Ruled out. They are not touchable. The offer I'm offering is really good, I can improve the position of the prospect for Petrov instead of Tullio.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 12:53 a.m.
      ural740811
      Quoting: T0R
      Hawks Decline & why would Philly Pay for Foegele?

This trade is on the deadline given Tortorella's love of power forwards, Voegele is exactly that kind of forward, this offer acts as a boost to the energy line before the playoffs, I think the third round is an adequate price for such a forward.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 1:02 a.m.
      ural740811
      Quoting: The_Ginger_Leaf
      I believe hawks pass

I don't think Chicago is in a position to dictate terms in this exchange. Do not forget that Kane has a clause on a complete ban on movement and the circle of teams that Kane agrees to go to is limited, so any fabulous offer can be canceled by the player himself if he does not want to go to this club. Therefore, Chicago cannot dictate terms. The two main contenders I see for Kane are the Rangers and the Oilers.
      The_Ginger_Leaf and CD282 liked this.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 1:33 a.m.
      Ex Nucks fan
      You expect the Hawks to trade one of the best wingers in the league at 50% retained for a middle six winger, a mid prospect, and late first and second round pick?
      glaive, ChiHawk and TCS2020 liked this.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 1:47 a.m.
      Quoting: ural740811
      Ruled out. They are not touchable. The offer I'm offering is really good, I can improve the position of the prospect for Petrov instead of Tullio.

then you simply don't get kane. they want A tier prospects back.

Tullio is a mid tier prospect at best and pulju can barely perform consistently playing alongside mcdavid. broberg or holloway or it doesnt get done
      ChiHawk liked this.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 1:55 a.m.
      ural740811
      Quoting: Juiceman
      You expect the Hawks to trade one of the best wingers in the league at 50% retained for a middle six winger, a mid prospect, and late first and second round pick?

I agree to propose Petrov instead of Tullio, this is a very strong prospect. I think this is a reasonable suggestion. Chicago is not in a position to dictate terms.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 2:00 a.m.
      ural740811
      then you simply don't get kane. they want A tier prospects back.

Tullio is a mid tier prospect at best and pulju can barely perform consistently playing alongside mcdavid. broberg or holloway or it doesnt get done

Disagree with you if Chicago is overly picky, in which case they may not find a buyer at all. The list of teams where Kane agrees to go is limited.
      CD282 liked this.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 2:06 a.m.
      Disagree with you if Chicago is overly picky, in which case they may not find a buyer at all. The list of teams where Kane agrees to go is limited.

I agree to propose Petrov instead of Tullio, this is a very strong prospect. I think this is a reasonable suggestion. Chicago is not in a position to dictate terms.

chicago is very well in a position to dictate terms. If teams want one of the best wingers in the league at 5m for a playoff run they will most definitely need to pay top dollar to get him. If the trade was this easy, they would have done it already.

Plus, they don't HAVE to trade Kane. It's not like he wants to leave Chicago either + they'll be a lottery team either way. The list of teams is limited, yes, but it will be a contender regardless. Even then, what makes you think he waives and willingly goes to Edmonton of all places? Even with Mcdavid, I don't think he'd want to go to canada.

It will very much take broberg or holloway to get this trade done (if it happens). if EDM is uninterested in moving these assets, they will not get kane. your C-B tier prospects are not going to cut it.
      ChiHawk and TCS2020 liked this.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 2:13 a.m.
      I don't think Chicago is in a position to dictate terms in this exchange. Do not forget that Kane has a clause on a complete ban on movement and the circle of teams that Kane agrees to go to is limited, so any fabulous offer can be canceled by the player himself if he does not want to go to this club. Therefore, Chicago cannot dictate terms. The two main contenders I see for Kane are the Rangers and the Oilers.

Chicago and Kane are very close. Kane does a lot of unpaid off ice work with the Hawks. He's not going to tie their hands. He may limit to 3 teams but also could be 5. Bottom line, they will work together to make the situation acceptable to both Kane and Chicago. Furthermore, to suggest the Oilers are is his top 2 choices is crazy talk coming out of local Edmonton media and nothing more. Why would he go to the Oilers over NY, Toronto, Tampa, Carolina, Colorado? The point is, there is no "top 2" teams at this point and further, the likihood of him going to Canada versus staying in the US is lower.
      glaive liked this.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 3:11 a.m.
      ural740811
      Quoting: ChiHawk
      Chicago and Kane are very close. Kane does a lot of unpaid off ice work with the Hawks. He's not going to tie their hands. He may limit to 3 teams but also could be 5. Bottom line, they will work together to make the situation acceptable to both Kane and Chicago. Furthermore, to suggest the Oilers are is his top 2 choices is crazy talk coming out of local Edmonton media and nothing more. Why would he go to the Oilers over NY, Toronto, Tampa, Carolina, Colorado? The point is, there is no "top 2" teams at this point and further, the likihood of him going to Canada versus staying in the US is lower.

My final offer is Pulujärvi + 1st 2023 + 1st 2024*(if the Oilers win the cup) + Petrov
      If this offer does not suit you, then the Oilers pass. I consider this offer competitive and worthy.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 3:34 a.m.
      ural740811
      chicago is very well in a position to dictate terms. If teams want one of the best wingers in the league at 5m for a playoff run they will most definitely need to pay top dollar to get him. If the trade was this easy, they would have done it already.

Plus, they don't HAVE to trade Kane. It's not like he wants to leave Chicago either + they'll be a lottery team either way. The list of teams is limited, yes, but it will be a contender regardless. Even then, what makes you think he waives and willingly goes to Edmonton of all places? Even with Mcdavid, I don't think he'd want to go to canada.

It will very much take broberg or holloway to get this trade done (if it happens). if EDM is uninterested in moving these assets, they will not get kane. your C-B tier prospects are not going to cut it.

My final offer is Pulujärvi + 1st 2023 + 1st 2024*(if the Oilers win the cup) + Petrov
      Chicago can't dictate terms. The proposal of other teams is unlikely to be much better. The main thing in this deal is Kane's consent, this is important.
      They didn't make the deal because Kane doesn't want to leave Chicago now, he wants to see as the season goes on which challenger team is best for him.
      I think Canada is not a reducing factor, for the sake of the cup he will look at the real prospects of the team in the playoffs and the quality of the infrastructure of the challenger team, and will pay attention to the geographic location of the team as a last resort. It will not be a revelation that the Oilers have one of the best and most comfortable palaces in the league - this is also an important factor. And since there are fewer contenders for the cup in the west than in the east, the prospects for Edmonton are higher, this is also an important factor.
      I don’t think that Kane wants to move to conditional Tampa or Carolina and fly out in the first round from, for example, Florida or Boston.
      Chicago can't help but trade Kane. Kane himself wants to compete for the cup this year. Chicago is also interested in trading Kane, otherwise they risk getting nothing from Kane, who in the summer will go to the conditional Rangers for free to play with his sidekick Panarin.
      And Petrov Prospect A level, it's a fact, in terms of potential it is no less than Andrei Svechnikov.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 3:44 a.m.
      Chicago can't dictate terms. The proposal of other teams is unlikely to be much better. The main thing in this deal is Kane's consent, this is important.
      They didn't make the deal because Kane doesn't want to leave Chicago now, he wants to see as the season goes on which challenger team is best for him.
      I think Canada is not a reducing factor, for the sake of the cup he will look at the real prospects of the team in the playoffs and the quality of the infrastructure of the challenger team, and will pay attention to the geographic location of the team as a last resort. It will not be a revelation that the Oilers have one of the best and most comfortable palaces in the league - this is also an important factor. And since there are fewer contenders for the cup in the west than in the east, the prospects for Edmonton are higher, this is also an important factor.
      I don’t think that Kane wants to move to conditional Tampa or Carolina and fly out in the first round from, for example, Florida or Boston.
      Chicago can't help but trade Kane. Kane himself wants to compete for the cup this year. Chicago is also interested in trading Kane, otherwise they risk getting nothing from Kane, who in the summer will go to the conditional Rangers for free to play with his sidekick Panarin.
      And Petrov Prospect A level, it's a fact, in terms of potential it is no less than Andrei Svechnikov.

Petrov is not an A tier prospect.
      and Kane isn't necessarily looking to be traded. He said he's undecided and comfortable where he is right now.

Your offer is not enough man, you'll see.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 4:00 a.m.
      ural740811
      Edited Oct. 3, 2022 at 4:20 a.m.
      Petrov is not an A tier prospect.
      and Kane isn't necessarily looking to be traded. He said he's undecided and comfortable where he is right now.

Your offer is not enough man, you'll see.

Kane has long and firmly decided. Kane trade rumors have been circulating for the second year now, this is a screaming sign of it. He definitely wants to slam the door on the last year of his contract. With Chicago, this is not possible. Chicago itself has already firmly decided and went into deep restructuring, exchanging its young leaders Debrinket, Duck and releasing Kubalik and Strome.
      Kane said he was undecided, out of respect for the Chicago fans and work ethic. In fact, he is already fed up with being in an endless restructuring, and he is literally offended by this state of affairs in recent years in Chicago.
      You will be very surprised when Petrov scores 50+ points in the 2024-25 season.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 10:22 a.m.
      This trade is on the deadline given Tortorella's love of power forwards, Voegele is exactly that kind of forward, this offer acts as a boost to the energy line before the playoffs, I think the third round is an adequate price for such a forward.

So you think a Team that didn’t want to move Salary to sign Gaudreau is gonna take salary let alone pay you for a bottom 6 physical guy. NO ONE IS DOING THE OILERS ANY FAVOURS WITHOUT COMPENSATION. Bjorkstrand got moved for peanuts, You’re either dumping him for FC or you are attaching a pick with him cause Philly won’t be “Loading Up” or “Contending” So that move is literally the definition of a favour for the Oilers

Also hate to tell you but Broberg or Holloway need to be in that Kane deal & no Tullio doesn’t make up for it. Kane is still a 90+ Point in Chicago with no help alongside McDavid probably a 110-120 point guy, You need to pay more than that cause the Rangers will
      ChiHawk and glaive liked this.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 11:41 a.m.
      ural740811
      So you think a Team that didn’t want to move Salary to sign Gaudreau is gonna take salary let alone pay you for a bottom 6 physical guy. NO ONE IS DOING THE OILERS ANY FAVOURS WITHOUT COMPENSATION. Bjorkstrand got moved for peanuts, You’re either dumping him for FC or you are attaching a pick with him cause Philly won’t be “Loading Up” or “Contending” So that move is literally the definition of a favour for the Oilers

Also hate to tell you but Broberg or Holloway need to be in that Kane deal & no Tullio doesn’t make up for it. Kane is still a 90+ Point in Chicago with no help alongside McDavid probably a 110-120 point guy, You need to pay more than that cause the Rangers will

I agree, maybe Philadelphia is not the best option. But I'm sure there will be a buyer for Foegele by the deadline. I assure you, watch at least one game of the Oilers and you will see that now Foegele literally burns the ice, he is in great shape. We give it away only because we are pressed to the ceiling and we have a direct replacement for him with a younger, cheaper and more talented Holloway.
      My final offer is Pulujärvi + 1st 2023 + 1st 2024*(if the Oilers win the cup) + Petrov.
      This is the best offer you will get for Kane. I don’t know what else you need for a loan, even if it’s an amazing player, but still a loan.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 12:24 p.m.
      I agree, maybe Philadelphia is not the best option. But I'm sure there will be a buyer for Foegele by the deadline. I assure you, watch at least one game of the Oilers and you will see that now Foegele literally burns the ice, he is in great shape. We give it away only because we are pressed to the ceiling and we have a direct replacement for him with a younger, cheaper and more talented Holloway.
      My final offer is Pulujärvi + 1st 2023 + 1st 2024*(if the Oilers win the cup) + Petrov.
      This is the best offer you will get for Kane. I don’t know what else you need for a loan, even if it’s an amazing player, but still a loan.

I’m not saying that isn’t fair value but I want you to also remember the same guy who’s trading Kane traded Hagel & got 2 1sts Don’t think cause he got rid of Debrincat that he is taking a conditional 1st & saying good enough, Hawks rather have picks then players. Also If EDM trades Foegele Don’t expect a 3rd coming back cause 3rd or 4th Line guys don’t get that without retention. No matter how big they are they are still Bottom to Middle 6 guys
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 3:41 p.m.
      I’m not saying that isn’t fair value but I want you to also remember the same guy who’s trading Kane traded Hagel & got 2 1sts Don’t think cause he got rid of Debrincat that he is taking a conditional 1st & saying good enough, Hawks rather have picks then players. Also If EDM trades Foegele Don’t expect a 3rd coming back cause 3rd or 4th Line guys don’t get that without retention. No matter how big they are they are still Bottom to Middle 6 guys

This guys hell bent on a bust in pulju and a mid tier prospect is gonna cut it for patrick kane lmfao.

he said petrov will score 50+ points in 2023... why not just keep him then?
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 4:24 p.m.
      1. Why are we trading Samorukov for a 4th? He's developing into a 7th Dman for us and is likely going to sign another 2-way with us for cheap (league min or slightly above I'd assume).

2. Chicago will want more, Kane probably wont return what most people say but they aren't going to take scraps either. I'd assume both Pulji and Bourgault with a 2023 1st, Chicago sends their 2023 3rd to the team retaining the other 50% (2,625,000 to ARI in this example) to make a 3 way deal (but tbh would rather just keep the assets, regardless how amazing Kane-McD-Kane would be).

3. We'd have to pay to move Foegele, he's a good player and 2.75 is decent for him but be real... no one is gunna help a team in our position. Likely we either get lucky with a Foegele for FC or we give up a 3rd to move him... if we get an asset back it would be somewhat a miracle.

Edit - just noticed the "TDL" in the header, posted this assuming it was done before game 1 of 22-23.
      Oct. 3, 2022 at 8:10 p.m.
      ural740811
      Quoting: PurpleHippo
      1. Why are we trading Samorukov for a 4th? He's developing into a 7th Dman for us and is likely going to sign another 2-way with us for cheap (league min or slightly above I'd assume).

2. Chicago will want more, Kane probably wont return what most people say but they aren't going to take scraps either. I'd assume both Pulji and Bourgault with a 2023 1st, Chicago sends their 2023 3rd to the team retaining the other 50% (2,625,000 to ARI in this example) to make a 3 way deal (but tbh would rather just keep the assets, regardless how amazing Kane-McD-Kane would be).

3. We'd have to pay to move Foegele, he's a good player and 2.75 is decent for him but be real... no one is gunna help a team in our position. Likely we either get lucky with a Foegele for FC or we give up a 3rd to move him... if we get an asset back it would be somewhat a miracle.

Edit - just noticed the "TDL" in the header, posted this assuming it was done before game 1 of 22-23.

At the expense of Foegele, they clarified that this is TDL. I think based on Holland's vision, he plans to field 21 players on Opening Day with Hollowey and Broberg in order to ease the pressure on the cap with the bonuses that these two rely on. Next, Broberg will continue to play Barry in the third pair, and Holloway will go to the AHL to play in the top 6 Condors, because Holland said that he does not want to see Holloway get 7 minutes a night, it will be more useful for him to play 20+ at this age minutes per night, and play on special teams in the Condors.
      I think in order to solve the problem with the cap throughout the season, Holland will resort to LTIR, he will alternately place players with medium contracts for a month in LTIR, and in their place will call several players with cheap contracts from the AHL. And closer to the deadline, the teams will become more accommodating and Holland will change Foegele for a decent price. And put Holloway in his place. That's Holland's plan, I think.
      I agree about Kane, if the package I propose does not satisfy the fans of Chicago, then I think it's better for us to stay with our assets. Holloway, Broberg, Borgault are not touchable assets, this is the future of our club, giving them away for a loan, even if it is an amazing player, is detrimental, especially since we already have a furious attack. Only I did not understand who you consider leftovers? Petrov or Tullio, for me, chic avenues. To tell the truth, I don’t want to give away Petrov at all, I’m sure this is a top 6 guy, he will still make some noise in the league.
      At the expense of Samorukov. I was also sure that he would be the seventh defender. But after the acquisition of Murray, I realized that Holland was not sure about this. At the end of the camp, it became obvious that Holland would not send Murray to the AHL and that he would be the seventh defender. It is also obvious that Niemelainen outplayed Samorukov, but Niemelainen will go to the AHL for now, because he is exempt from refusals, but will be the first of the defenders who will be called up to the main team if necessary. Therefore, I change Samorukov for some asset, so as not to lose him on failures for free. As unfortunate as it may be, but such is the situation, I would also like to leave him, I think he has just begun to develop, he will be a good defender. But Holland opted for an experienced defender. And in this situation, the exchange of Samorukov is the lesser of two evils.
      Oct. 4, 2022 at 1:34 p.m.
      At the expense of Foegele, they clarified that this is TDL. I think based on Holland's vision, he plans to field 21 players on Opening Day with Hollowey and Broberg in order to ease the pressure on the cap with the bonuses that these two rely on. Next, Broberg will continue to play Barry in the third pair, and Holloway will go to the AHL to play in the top 6 Condors, because Holland said that he does not want to see Holloway get 7 minutes a night, it will be more useful for him to play 20+ at this age minutes per night, and play on special teams in the Condors.
      I think in order to solve the problem with the cap throughout the season, Holland will resort to LTIR, he will alternately place players with medium contracts for a month in LTIR, and in their place will call several players with cheap contracts from the AHL. And closer to the deadline, the teams will become more accommodating and Holland will change Foegele for a decent price. And put Holloway in his place. That's Holland's plan, I think.
      I agree about Kane, if the package I propose does not satisfy the fans of Chicago, then I think it's better for us to stay with our assets. Holloway, Broberg, Borgault are not touchable assets, this is the future of our club, giving them away for a loan, even if it is an amazing player, is detrimental, especially since we already have a furious attack. Only I did not understand who you consider leftovers? Petrov or Tullio, for me, chic avenues. To tell the truth, I don’t want to give away Petrov at all, I’m sure this is a top 6 guy, he will still make some noise in the league.
      At the expense of Samorukov. I was also sure that he would be the seventh defender. But after the acquisition of Murray, I realized that Holland was not sure about this. At the end of the camp, it became obvious that Holland would not send Murray to the AHL and that he would be the seventh defender. It is also obvious that Niemelainen outplayed Samorukov, but Niemelainen will go to the AHL for now, because he is exempt from refusals, but will be the first of the defenders who will be called up to the main team if necessary. Therefore, I change Samorukov for some asset, so as not to lose him on failures for free. As unfortunate as it may be, but such is the situation, I would also like to leave him, I think he has just begun to develop, he will be a good defender. But Holland opted for an experienced defender. And in this situation, the exchange of Samorukov is the lesser of two evils.

I believe Holloway will be a top 9 forward for us (15-18 Mins a game), he is showing how creative and useful he is in our lineup already (albeit is just preseason). I, ATM, don't see him going to the Condors at all this season.

If Kane reaches the TDL it could mean 2 things, a bidding war starts for him and Chicago gets a HUGE return... or contending teams find it too difficult to make the cap fit and Chicago gets a Late first and some B prospects. Either way I don't think the Oilers make the move for him since our prospects (specifically their ELC's) are becoming hugely valuable to us with the recent cap freeze.

Holland always signs 2-3 guys to compete for that bottom spot, I know Samorukov had a bad first game but his progress has been substantial. This preseason has shown he is figuring out the NHL pace to some degree, give him a 800k 2-year deal and I'm sure he finds the Oilers roster for at least 30-40 games over those 2 seasons... Just wouldn't want to give him up for only a 4th.
      ural740811 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll