SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #2: Electric Boogaloo

Oct. 15, 2022 at 5:29 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Buyer beware I guess (it’s not like the was a history of this)

would've been nice for a leafs goalie to make it a month without tearing their groin
Oct. 15, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
With Murray on LTIR what to Leafs and Isles fans think of a Varlamov trade? Sorokin seems ready for a heavy workload now anyway

I imagine the price would be something similar to the Fleury trade last year: 2nd rounder than can upgrade to a 1st if the Leafs go to the conference final and Varly has 4+ wins in the first 2 rounds? Maybe Leafs add something on top for retention (by the Isles or another team)?
Oct. 15, 2022 at 5:33 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: mondo
would've been nice for a leafs goalie to make it a month without tearing their groin

In practice not the game lol

God dame it’s hard being a fan of this team. But here is Samsonov’s team, hope he runs with it and never gives it back. At least this year I feel comfortable they had two going into the season
Oct. 15, 2022 at 5:35 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
With Murray on LTIR what to Leafs and Isles fans think of a Varlamov trade? Sorokin seems ready for a heavy workload now anyway

I imagine the price would be something similar to the Fleury trade last year: 2nd rounder than can upgrade to a 1st if the Leafs go to the conference final and Varly has 4+ wins in the first 2 rounds? Maybe Leafs add something on top for retention (by the Isles or another team)?

And then who takes Murray when he gets back? I would like to guess no one
Oct. 15, 2022 at 5:37 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Oct. 15, 2022 at 5:48 p.m.
Quoting: mondo

Injury fairy **** off our goalies

While this does solve the cap issue when Liligren returns we didnt want Murray to not go for a redemption arc

Oh well its Sammy time and he looked fine last time. Lets see how he does with more confidence as this is his chance to take the starting job

But man since Freddie our Starters cant catch a break with their groins
Oct. 15, 2022 at 5:45 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: UpsideDownQue

In practice not the game lol

God dame it’s hard being a fan of this team. But here is Samsonov’s team, hope he runs with it and never gives it back. At least this year I feel comfortable they had two going into the season

And then who takes Murray when he gets back? I would like to guess no one

My bet is the Leafs flip Simmonds to Ottawa in exchange for Bibeau and call Kallgren up. Bibeau just fills a hole for the Marlies until Murray is healthy and clears the crease in Belleville for Mandolese and Sogaard.

Any of the journeymen goaltenders that would otherwise be available I wouldn't trust in net for a team that should be aiming for President's Trophy++, so defer the extra work to the kid in the system.
KSIxSKULLS, MatthewsFan, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 15, 2022 at 5:55 p.m.
I mean, two games into the season.

Lmao, nothing like the Leafs and never catching a break
zk97, MatthewsFan, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 15, 2022 at 5:56 p.m.
Ban Price trades
zk97 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll