SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Pittsburgh Penguins

Opinions going into this season?

Oct. 3, 2022 at 2:57 p.m.
How is everyone feeling going into this season and the way Hextall has set up the team? For me I'm pretty mixed. I am excited about certain players like Ty Smith, but also nervous about the age of the team and how it will hold up. I think we have a chance to contend, but need to play younger guys. We have the skill and experience, but need some youth and speed to keep up with some of the best teams. I think Hextall overall hasn't done a great job, I like the Marino trade, but other than that it has been very mixed. Carter contract, Kapanen contract, McGinn contract, losing Zohorna to keep Archibald on roster. I feel those have all been mismanaged. I wish we used some space to help bottom 6 and maybe get a high energy player that plays with an edge as well. As for the positives, I think Smith could be a stud, I'm hopeful Kapanen can bounce back, and I am really excited to see Rakell for a full season. I definitely have my doubts and have not loved a lot of the recent moves, but I am still hopefully this team can make a run.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll