SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Logan Mailloux (3 Years / $902,500 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 5, 2022 at 4:13 p.m.
Leafs Sufferer
Quoting: Kjell_Forsman
OJ Simpson paid his dues to the court too. It's just one mistake, it won't happen again.

Oh yeah, they're definitely the same.

Totally the same scenario.
jpsnow13, JeyCH22 and ColonelX liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 4:14 p.m.
Im just kinda here
I'll throw in my two cents, I understand what he did and that it isn't acceptable
But that's in the past, it's done. He went to court and he did his civic duty and whatnot
Now we treat him as a hockey player, not an issue to discuss

That being said, he probably needs some time to develop, so we'll have to see how this pick turns out but for now
Good sign, former first rounder signed for 2 way max is fair
Oct. 5, 2022 at 4:21 p.m.
FanOfAllTeams
All things aside about him. He is a good prospect RHD to have signed in your system.
JeyCH22 liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 4:26 p.m.
I don't give a rat's ass if he's "served his punishment", if hockey truly cared he wouldn't see a shred of hope of the NHL.

"But can't people make mist-" In this case no. This is professional sport and the players should represent the elite of their sport. The systemic problem all pro sport has with letting dirtbags keep their jobs is undeniable and if you don't think so, you're frankly part of the problem.
Kotkaniemi15 and oneX liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: kaljakori
I don't give a rat's ass if he's "served his punishment", if hockey truly cared he wouldn't see a shred of hope of the NHL.

"But can't people make mist-" In this case no. This is professional sport and the players should represent the elite of their sport. The systemic problem all pro sport has with letting dirtbags keep their jobs is undeniable and if you don't think so, you're frankly part of the problem.

LOL have you ever watch professional sport? Lionel Messi, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, half the NFL ..... Sport is full of junkies, criminals and sexual predators, but sticking it to a young man who made a minor offense is so much easier....

THE KID PAID HIS LEGAL FINE, GOT SUSPENDED IN THE OHL AND FOLLOWS A REHABILITATION PROGRAM.

MOVE.ON.
draft_em_sign_em_trade_em, Doshee, JeyCH22 and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 5:07 p.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13
LOL have you ever watch professional sport? Lionel Messi, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, half the NFL .....

THE KID PAID HIS LEGAL FINE, GOT SUSPENDED IN THE OHL AND FOLLOWS A REHABILITATION PROGRAM.

MOVE.ON.

I literally said "The systemic problem all pro sport has with letting dirtbags keep their jobs is undeniable", but that was probably too far into my post so you probably missed it.
Kotkaniemi15 and oneX liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 5:12 p.m.
You know nothing JS
I literally said "The systemic problem all pro sport has with letting dirtbags keep their jobs is undeniable", but that was probably too far into my post so you probably missed it.

OK. "Dirtbags shouldn't have jobs". Good talk.
JeyCH22 and ColonelX liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 5:21 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

People like Mailloux should be in jail. So yes, he definitely shouldn’t have a job.
kaljakori liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.

i feel people forget the part where he was a minor. does this not make any difference to people? does something you have done when you were 14 should hold the same weight as if you were an adult? where is the line? our constitution and our laws seems to think so. and for good reason. scientific studies show that teenagers who do crime, even the kind of crime that mailloux did, wont reproduce them in the future. its important that there is consequences for his action, but does a teen who did a crime pay his whole life for this? maybe you would say yes, but i guess this is where my opinion is different.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 5:27 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: drambui
i feel people forget the part where he was a minor. does this not make any difference to people? does something you have done when you were 14 should hold the same weight as if you were an adult? where is the line? our constitution and our laws seems to think so. and for good reason. scientific studies show that teenagers who do crime, even the kind of crime that mailloux did, wont reproduce them in the future. its important that there is consequences for his action, but does a teen who did a crime pay his whole life for this? maybe you would say yes, but i guess this is where my opinion is different.

Please. Mailloux was 17. Stop acting like he’s a 5 year old who doesn’t comprehend the world around him. If he were a couple months older he’d have gone to jail. And he has still faced essentially no consequences for his actions. He was still drafted in the first round, and still given an NHL contract in spite of his disgusting actions.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 5:34 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Edited Oct. 5, 2022 at 5:40 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
People like Mailloux should be in jail. So yes, he definitely shouldn’t have a job.

In jail for sharing offline a picture during a consensual sex act as a minor? You don't know much about the carceral system do you? It's a minor offence in Sweden, Canada and USA. If you think like a North Korean dictator, so be it!

right-to-jail-jail-parks-and-rec-right-away-fred-armisen-gif-16902115.gif
pinslack and ColonelX liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 6:04 p.m.
Please. Mailloux was 17. Stop acting like he’s a 5 year old who doesn’t comprehend the world around him. If he were a couple months older he’d have gone to jail. And he has still faced essentially no consequences for his actions. He was still drafted in the first round, and still given an NHL contract in spite of his disgusting actions.

sure but where do you draw the line? 17 is almost 18.. what about 16. we drew the line somwhere as a society for a reason. you have to ask yourself where you draw yours. and i'm a believer in readaptation aswell. i've worked around a lot of teenagers to know that indeed... many of them dont really get the world around them. you can have your opinion and thats fine, im stating mine here.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 6:09 p.m.
Majors and minors
Remember Canuckle-head fans, Reid Boucher and Jake Virtanen. Those glass houses are easy to see through.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 6:13 p.m.
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
hello! friendly neighborhood mod here (though i haven't been around the neighborhood much for a while; life, work, mental health issues, and the like have gotten in the way).

quick reminder, from the Forums Rules, "Removal of Posts" section:

not that anybody is currently in trouble, but it's worth re-establishing for newer forum users, especially on a thread as likely to be a hot-button topic as this is.

that'll be all from me; carry on.

You should remove comments from this thread.

Or go on a crazy infraction spree.

Reading these comments are getting out of hand.

If it doesn't relate to hockey talk, then the comment gets removed.

Get to work Super.
zk97 and JeyCH22 liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 6:27 p.m.

J84dbIEC2dIzxsqX.jpg
mondo and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 6:52 p.m.
torontos finest

he had to pay a fine, which was 2% of the amount of the signing bonus he got today.

as you can see, justice has been served. he has learned from his wrongdoings and knows the consequences might be that it'll end up with him signing a piece of paper and instantly making more money than most people see in a year.
A_Habs_fan, kaljakori, Kotkaniemi15 and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 7:02 p.m.
Im just kinda here
y'know Ive got a feeling that this is going to stay as a toxic pool of arguments for a long time to come
please stay on topic, all, and be halfway decent people too
and remember, no one is going to change their mind by being called a moron
zk97, drambui, draft_em_sign_em_trade_em and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 7:15 p.m.
Banned
LMAO

All the negativity directed at him is absurd.

People need to live more life, and get out from behind anonymous internet comments.

Congrats to Mailloux. Live and learn. On to the next chapter!
jpsnow13, JeyCH22 and ColonelX liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 7:38 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
all the drama aside,

I think this deal was made because he's going to get a look at the NHL post-injury after missing the whole preseason. I doubt he stays, but he'll get a chance to show what he can do methinks
Oct. 5, 2022 at 8:11 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
In jail for sharing offline a picture during a consensual sex act as a minor? You don't know much about the carceral system do you? It's a minor offence in Sweden, Canada and USA. If you think like a North Korean dictator, so be it!

right-to-jail-jail-parks-and-rec-right-away-fred-armisen-gif-16902115.gif

When the crime was being reported, news outlets were reporting that Mailloux could’ve gotten up to 2 years of jail time if he had been 18.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 8:17 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: drambui
sure but where do you draw the line? 17 is almost 18.. what about 16. we drew the line somwhere as a society for a reason. you have to ask yourself where you draw yours. and i'm a believer in readaptation aswell. i've worked around a lot of teenagers to know that indeed... many of them dont really get the world around them. you can have your opinion and thats fine, im stating mine here.

As someone who is a teenager and spends a lot of time around teenagers, many of them are let off way too easily. Some teenagers break laws all the time, in spite of them being given their independence. But nearly none of them ever get charged. Saying “they’re young” is no excuse. You’re not holding people accountable for their actions. It’s the same thing as saying “boys will be boys”.

If Mailloux was old enough to live away from home in another country and play professional hockey, he should be tried like an adult. (Since he essentially is one.)
Oct. 5, 2022 at 8:21 p.m.
You know nothing JS
When the crime was being reported, news outlets were reporting that Mailloux could’ve gotten up to 2 years of jail time if he had been 18.

A sourceless hypothetical worst case scenario.

This is timewasting for everyone.
Went_Wughes, draft_em_sign_em_trade_em, JeyCH22 and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 8:41 p.m.
Banned
People are really out here defending sex offenders…

Im defending a kid's right to a second chance.

I think you're off the rails. All the best!
drambui, JeyCH22, draft_em_sign_em_trade_em and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 8:44 p.m.
Banned
As someone who is a teenager and spends a lot of time around teenagers, many of them are let off way too easily. Some teenagers break laws all the time, in spite of them being given their independence. But nearly none of them ever get charged. Saying “they’re young” is no excuse. You’re not holding people accountable for their actions. It’s the same thing as saying “boys will be boys”.

If Mailloux was old enough to live away from home in another country and play professional hockey, he should be tried like an adult. (Since he essentially is one.)

Us old people have a saying. Wisdom is the name you give to your mistakes. This is part of growing up. If you make the same mistakes over again. You're at a disadvantage.

I think you need to self assess. When you point a finger at someone, 4 fingers point back at you. Peace.
Oct. 5, 2022 at 8:46 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: mondo
he had to pay a fine, which was 2% of the amount of the signing bonus he got today.

as you can see, justice has been served. he has learned from his wrongdoings and knows the consequences might be that it'll end up with him signing a piece of paper and instantly making more money than most people see in a year.

So you're a hater?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit