SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Logan Mailloux (3 Years / $902,500 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 6, 2022 at 5:06 p.m.
A male co-worker of mine had a fling with a female co-worker, he made a sex tape without her knowledge doing the deed, but she learned of it's existence shortly after. Well girls will be girls and she spread negative opinions of their encounter to other female co-workers. So naturally, as a revenge plot, he shared the video captured to co-workers. They both got called into the offices and both got a 3 day unpaid suspension. They both still work at the company and are friendly and civil towards each other.

Listening to these comments, most of you would want the male thrown in jail and never been available to work again.

Honestly wouldn't have surprise me if this was a revenge plot by Mailloux, as maybe he thought he was getting a FWB with the girl, while she was just a hockey groupie wanting a one night stand with a North American star player.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
A male co-worker of mine had a fling with a female co-worker, he made a sex tape without her knowledge doing the deed, but she learned of it's existence shortly after. Well girls will be girls and she spread negative opinions of their encounter to other female co-workers. So naturally, as a revenge plot, he shared the video captured to co-workers. They both got called into the offices and both got a 3 day unpaid suspension. They both still work at the company and are friendly and civil towards each other.

The fact you're posting this as a very normal thing that usually happens is uh...concerning in the most gentle terms. The man is entirely in the fault and should've been terminated; I wouldn't be shocked if there was a law against that but in most companies that's a huge code of conduct violation.

Or you just made up what you said.
A_Habs_fan, F50marco and kaljakori liked this.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 5:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: mondo
The fact you're posting this as a very normal thing that usually happens is uh...concerning in the most gentle terms. The man is entirely in the fault and should've been terminated; I wouldn't be shocked if there was a law against that but in most companies that's a huge code of conduct violation.

Im almost convinced you don't actually live life in actual society with average people also living lives.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 5:40 p.m.
Quoting: ColonelX
He was everywhere around veterans of the team this summer, this signing isn't a surprise to me. By signing him the Canadiens are blowing away the dark cloud over his head so he can now focus on playing hockey and not thinking whether or not he's part of a team's future. I guess he's proven to the team he's worthy of it and the team faces little to no risks considering he's only starting his D+2 season.

I mean is a dark cloud removed simply by signing him? I don't think so. I think based on what we know right now, If there is something we fans don't know, than obviously that changes things but, there was very little to gain from signing him now. If they already knew they were going to sign him, then they are signing him based on what exactly? The 16 games he's played as a junior thus far in his career? They gain more by simply telling him they'll sign him in a year and waiting till next year to officially sign him. That way he gets the confirmation AND the added time to do "X".

The simple truth is regardless of what opinion anyone has of his off ice situation, his on ice results haven't warranted a contract yet. We're not talking about the next Cale Makar here. If Mailloux had a Makar like repertoire, you could at least begrudgingly (or not) appreciate why they would want to offer him a contract right now. He doesn't, not even close. So why not take the extra time to see him progress in a full season and continue to watch him from a far like they were already doing?

The thing that annoys me is that, if they took that extra time to evaluate him and lets just say he sucks and or gets injured again and they decide alright we won't sign him, they would have received a 2nd round pick in 2023/24 as compensation for not coming to terms with a former 1st round pick on an ELC. At least from a hockey ops perpsective, they've hedged their bet a little. Considering Mailloux was taken with the 31st pick, it basically was already a 2nd round pick anyway. If that happened, they would have gotten themselves out of a contract, got a compensatory pick to replace him, gained brownie points with the people who automatically dislike him by not resigning him, let time pass to potentially let negative public opinion die down on him a little, etc etc etc....What did they gain now? Mailloux feels a bit better about his contract future despite not actually earning it yet? Like I said, if he plays well in London this year, just sign him next year but at least you have something to base that opinion on that ppl can understand.

There is very little upside to signing him right now. There is actually tons of upside to waiting till next year to make that decision. Strictly from a risk management perspective, it makes more sense to wait to sign him too.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 5:42 p.m.
Edited Oct. 6, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
Quoting: mondo

You insult me.

Plus the company has an union, so your second sentence is just a bunch of hot air blown.

You overlooked the sentence about the female was first to spread negative rumors and hurtful, malicious embarrassing details about the male?

I guess in your world that is acceptable and normal. That too is a little more concerning my friend.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 5:54 p.m.
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em

Listening to these comments, most of you would want the male thrown in jail and never been available to work again.

Honestly wouldn't have surprise me if this was a revenge plot by Mailloux, as maybe he thought he was getting a FWB with the girl, while she was just a hockey groupie wanting a one night stand with a North American star player.

Ok what if it wasn't? What if the girl did nothing wrong and Mailloux was completely being an A**? Because..... that is also an option too. Based on many of the incidents coming to light with Hockey Canada, I don't think it far fetched to think that.

The truth is no one knows of any of the extra details as to motives and whatnot but any type of motive would not absolve him of the crime at the end of the day. Its not illegal to talk to your friends about a sexual encounter. It is, at least in some places, illegal to distribute sexual content of said encounter without the others permission.

There I've added my 2 cents, now lets try to keep the discussion centered to Mailloux and his contract and less about....... whatever that example was trying to convey please.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 6:19 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: MarcShow
Shameful. Shows the lack of change in hockey culture.

I haven’t heard too much since the 2021 draft about him so maybe there’s a chance he’s changed
Oct. 7, 2022 at 7:23 a.m.
Evans truther
Quoting: F50marco
The simple truth is regardless of what opinion anyone has of his off ice situation, his on ice results haven't warranted a contract yet. We're not talking about the next Cale Makar here. If Mailloux had a Makar like repertoire, you could at least begrudgingly (or not) appreciate why they would want to offer him a contract right now. He doesn't, not even close. So why not take the extra time to see him progress in a full season and continue to watch him from a far like they were already doing?

The small sample size from his past two years production is good enough for me to take the gamble (0.78PPG/0.75PPG).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit