Forums/Armchair-GM

Red Wings Projected Lines

Created by: Gren
Team: 2022-23 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 6, 2022
Published: Oct. 6, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Basically my predicted lines for opening night, and I'll have my explanations for each decision I made in here so yeah.

The 1st Line I feel is quite logical, now that we have a solid amount of forward depth behind the first line we don't need to split them up every single night due to how unreliable the rest of the core is.

Bert - Lark - Razor was our best line last season and I don't expect that to change this season, while lines could be switched around a little by Lalonde as we've seen through pretty much all of pre-season this is the one line I can't see changing.

Our best forward line in terms of pure offensive production will be the line we rely on the most, and with Larkin and Bertuzzi both on contract years they will try to prove that they deserve a big payday.

2nd Line is probably a little different compared to what most were expecting though I do have a good reason for doing this.

Simply put, Zadina works best on a line with Vrana.

We've seen so far that Zadina looks like a completely changed player, he looks better in all aspects of his game and has an incredible amount of confidence.

Pairing him along Vrana who is arguably one of the best goalscorers in the league will allow that line to be incredibly deadly goal scoring wise.

Now why do I have Copp in this line? Isn't he expected to be missing the start of the year?

According to Max Bultman he was skating in a normal jersey, not a non-contact one.

While that doesn't mean he's back it does certainly mean he's getting closer, and I don't think I need to explain why he's the 2nd Line C as that's basically the reason he was signed.

3rd Line involves a towering rookie, a younger centre with something to prove, and a veteran who definitely isn't a bottom 6 forward.

The main thing is Perron on the 3rd Line, I really debated whether it'd be him or Zadina on this line but I ended up going with Perron as I feel he is the more adaptable player of the 2, and he is a little older so I feel that he'll flourish in a smaller role with less ice time.

I feel that he can help the development of both Soderblom and Veleno very well until his contract expires next year (if he's not traded)

Now on about Soderblom, most people who aren't Wings fans probably have no clue who he is but I can say with certainty that even though regular season hasn't started, he's cracked the roster.

Consistently one of the best players on the ice the 6'8 giant shows incredible hands as well as very good skating for a guy his size. I could list many more attributes about how good he is but I don't think it does him justice.

He won't be on the 4th Line if he makes the team so that's why I have him above a certain someone who people probably don't like being so low.

And Veleno being a 3rd C I feel is really debatable with Rassy, it's really between them two for this spot but Veleno is younger and isn't nearly as good as Rasmussen in terms of almost everything so pairing him on a line with Perron and Soderblom I feel will help him and his confidence moving forward, there's more to say about this but I just can't wait to talk about the next line.

The 4th Line is absolutely deadly.

Kubalik and Rasmussen have been exceptional so far and I'm expecting breakout seasons from the both of them.

Kubalik has an absolute rocket of a shot and I feel he'll be putting up at least 20 this year.

And Rasmussen is just waiting for a breakout season this year with everything we've seen so far. He's starting to look exactly like the player we drafted and that's very exciting to see.

If Kubalik and Rasmussen both play to expectations we could have an extremely deadly bottom 6.

Though we can probably all agree that we aren't expecting much from Erne.

If he can replicate what we seen from him on his contract year I feel he'll be the perfect scoring winger to compliment Kubalik on the wing.

And with Suter, keeping him out of the roster feels kind of wrong but when you look over it who do you take out?

Of course Erne comes to mind and we could roll with a 4th Line of Rasmussen - Suter - Kubalik I think it just throws off the balance of that line.

Though I feel Suter will get a healthy amount of games this season it'd probably need to wait until we see how the lines do in an actual game format.

Another reason for this is that he was recently playing as a 5th Line C in practice with Smith on his left and Berggren on his right.

Now when it comes to pairings I feel I don't need to explain my choices here as I feel that everyone is expecting these to be the starting pairings.

The only thing I could see up in the air is that 3rd LD spot.

Edvinsson will most likely start there ahead of Oesterle and I see him acting as more of a 7th D fill in who can play on both sides.

But you also need to keep in mind that both Walman and Pysyk will be returning from injury soon.

So even though the forward core is incredibly conjested I feel that the 3rd LD spot is definitely being looked over in the long term.

Goalies also don't need any explaining, I expect us to not really start with one as the undisputed started but if one outplays the other then that'll change.

But other than that the goalies are pretty straight forward.

Of course there are other players on the bubble as well.

Fabbri is injured, Sundqvist we think is injured but we haven't heard much about him, Berggren would definitely be an NHL player on any other team and Andreasson is easily forgotten but also has something to prove.

So that's it for me, do you agree with my lines?

If you do or don't leave a comment, I don't want it to turn into a massive fight so try to remain civil.

:)
Trades
DET
TBL
  1. Smith, Givani
Additional Details:
Waiver Claim, I can't see him being skipped on if made available.

And with our roster being filled the chance he's made available post pre-season is basically 100%.

Could be any team, not necessarily Tampa.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$66,138,889$0$3,857,500$16,361,111
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$2,375,000$2,375,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$2,625,000$2,625,000
LW
UFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$1,825,000$1,825,000
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$878,333$878,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
RFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 4
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
C, RW
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 6, 2022 at 1:34 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Detroit has a decent shot at the playoffs this year
Gren liked this.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 1:38 a.m.
Moritz 4 Da Norris
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Detroit has a decent shot at the playoffs this year

We'll be improved but the chance we make the playoffs is slim, with Tampa, Florida and Toronto locks in our own division and Boston expected to grab the 4th we would need to hope for a 5th spot being available due to teams in the Metropolitan division underpreforming.

And even then it'd be between us and Ottawa, which many analysts say are better than us.

So I hope we make it but probably another year of missing with us probably placing 6th in our division.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 1:42 a.m.
PleasureKruiser
After watching this most recent preseason game, I can't see Elmer not making this team. He's been so good so far. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes but, yeah, he's been unbelievably good, both offensively and defensively.
Gren liked this.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 1:46 a.m.
Doubt Wings would waive Givani to keep Austin Czarnik. Givani is a rarer commodity, can be punishing to play against, good fighter, and has a tad of skill. Guys like Czarnik are a dime a dozen.

Soderblom probably spends the year in Grand Rapids, he's very promising but needs some refinement. Berggren been the best of the young prospects, he's likely on the opening night roster
LeonardoNoCardio liked this.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 6:51 a.m.
StevieY19!!
If this is the case, then Suter needs to be traded now!
Oct. 6, 2022 at 8:05 a.m.
Seiders on the Storm
Quoting: AnyoneButTheBruins
If this is the case, then Suter needs to be traded now!

At the trade deadline likely. Unless Detroit is still in playoff contention.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll