Forums/Armchair-GM

Stars Lines

Created by: noahs21
Team: 2022-23 Dallas Stars
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 6, 2022
Published: Oct. 6, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
- Once Dellandrea comes back (which should be within the first week or so of the season), you put him in the lineup for Studenic or Johnston (depending on how he has played). If Johnston sticks, Delly slots in for Studenic, if Johnston gets sent down, the third line should look like Peterson - Benn - Dellandrea.
- Would really like Harley on the NHL team but it looks like he's destined to start the season in the minors.
- Tempting to keep last year's top line together, but it looks like Marchment and Hintz have found some chemistry. Could put Gurianov on this line instead of Pavelski, but I felt this line needed a facilitator and having Pavelski on the 2nd line would make that line too slow.
- For the second line, playing with a play driver like Robertson should help Seguin regain some of his old form (30G, 60+ PTS hopefully), and seems like Gurianov is gaining his confidence back so that would be big if he gets back to his rookie year goal scoring ways.
- I personally would put Lundkvist with Miro, but I am totally fine if they go Miro - Hakanpaa / Lindell - Lundkvist

All in all, I think the Stars are a playoff at the end of the day. Central and the West as a whole is going to be tough but 3rd in the central and both wild card spots are up for grabs so hopefully the Stars don't get in their own way.
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DAL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$82,058,333$675,000$1,970,000$441,667

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,500,000$5,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
RFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,850,000$9,850,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$2,900,000$2,900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$894,167$894,167
C
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$8,450,000$8,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
RFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,650,000$3,650,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 6, 2022 at 4:41 p.m.
Sabres are elite
Maybe you will know the answer to this, but how is Robertson still an RFA at the end of his contract? He will be 27, I thought last year of RFA was always 26 for players.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 4:46 p.m.
NoQuitInNewYork
Marchment and Hintz have definitely found some solid chemistry together. I’d like to see them play together for the first week or so of the season and then try Robertson with Hintz. If Marchment has better chemistry with Hintz than Robertson and Hintz, Marchment will play with Hintz.

Gurianov has found his confidence again. He could possibly play on line one instead of Pavelski. Unlikely in my opinion. Hope he hits 40 Pts.

Benn isn’t a top six player anymore so he will be on line 3. I would put Faksa on line three and also put Dellandrea on line 3 once he comes back.
In the mean time Johnston will be on line three.

That would leave you with a 4h line of Peterson - Johnston - Glendening. Not bad at all. Also once Dellandrea comes back. Studenic will be sent down to Texas.

I’d like to see Suter and Moro get a bit of time. If they don’t do well I’d like to see Lundkvist have some time with Miro. Finally if that doesn’t work play Hakanpaa with Miro.

Lindell in my opinion will play with Lundkvist in the end and Hakanpaa will play with Miro.

In the end Suter will play with Miller. Could healthy scratch Miller and put Harley in but I expect him to sadly start in the AHL. (Texas).

That’s my thoughts on what opening night will look like. The stars are now contenders again with Robertson back.
noahs21 liked this.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 4:56 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
Quoting: Skyraider112
Maybe you will know the answer to this, but how is Robertson still an RFA at the end of his contract? He will be 27, I thought last year of RFA was always 26 for players.

He doesn't turn 27 until July 22nd. With the RFA/UFA cutoff being July 1st, he will barely still be 26 years old when his contract expires.
Skyraider112 liked this.
Oct. 6, 2022 at 5:03 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
Don't see the Stars running the risk of losing Kiviranta to waivers when Studenic has already passed through waivers successfully. We may see Studneic at some point this season, but he won't be on the opening night roster.

With Dellandrea being injured & waiver exempt, he likely starts the year in the AHL, allowing Dallas to roster a healthy 13th forward. I'd expect that Johnston and Damiani will both make the roster, with the former in the lineup and the ladder battling with Kiviranta for the last lineup spot with the other filling the 13th forward role. Once Dellandrea is healthy, you'll likely see Damiani sent to the AHL to make space on the roster for him. This would also push Kiviranta to the 13th forward role (if he isn't already there to start the season).

Robertson-Seguin-Pavelski
Marchment-Hintz-Gurianov
Peterson-Benn-Johnston
Glendening-Faksa-Damiani
Kiviranta
noahs21 liked this.
Oct. 7, 2022 at 4:45 a.m.
Quoting: TheMooterus
Don't see the Stars running the risk of losing Kiviranta to waivers when Studenic has already passed through waivers successfully. We may see Studneic at some point this season, but he won't be on the opening night roster.

With Dellandrea being injured & waiver exempt, he likely starts the year in the AHL, allowing Dallas to roster a healthy 13th forward. I'd expect that Johnston and Damiani will both make the roster, with the former in the lineup and the ladder battling with Kiviranta for the last lineup spot with the other filling the 13th forward role. Once Dellandrea is healthy, you'll likely see Damiani sent to the AHL to make space on the roster for him. This would also push Kiviranta to the 13th forward role (if he isn't already there to start the season).

Robertson-Seguin-Pavelski
Marchment-Hintz-Gurianov
Peterson-Benn-Johnston
Glendening-Faksa-Damiani
Kiviranta

Yeah sending kiviranta down over Studenic was just to maximize cap space, but I do think that he will end up as the 13th forward. As for Damiani, I think it would be more beneficial for him to play in offensive top 6 role in the AHL rather than on a 4th line with two guys with little to no offensive contribution. If Johnston doesn't stick after the 9 games, then maybe you can call up Damiani and put him on the line with Benn and Peterson. DeBoer had said that he penciled in Dellandrea on the starting roster before the injury, and I think since the injury isn't too serious he will get his spot back as soon as he's healthy.
Oct. 7, 2022 at 4:51 a.m.
Quoting: Scooter81
Marchment and Hintz have definitely found some solid chemistry together. I’d like to see them play together for the first week or so of the season and then try Robertson with Hintz. If Marchment has better chemistry with Hintz than Robertson and Hintz, Marchment will play with Hintz.

Gurianov has found his confidence again. He could possibly play on line one instead of Pavelski. Unlikely in my opinion. Hope he hits 40 Pts.

Benn isn’t a top six player anymore so he will be on line 3. I would put Faksa on line three and also put Dellandrea on line 3 once he comes back.
In the mean time Johnston will be on line three.

That would leave you with a 4h line of Peterson - Johnston - Glendening. Not bad at all. Also once Dellandrea comes back. Studenic will be sent down to Texas.

I’d like to see Suter and Moro get a bit of time. If they don’t do well I’d like to see Lundkvist have some time with Miro. Finally if that doesn’t work play Hakanpaa with Miro.

Lindell in my opinion will play with Lundkvist in the end and Hakanpaa will play with Miro.

In the end Suter will play with Miller. Could healthy scratch Miller and put Harley in but I expect him to sadly start in the AHL. (Texas).

That’s my thoughts on what opening night will look like. The stars are now contenders again with Robertson back.

I really hope they don't put Johnston on the 4th line with Glendending and Peterson. He should be in an offensive role so he can get his confidence going, playing with glendening is going to kill any offensive potential for him. But unfortunately by the sounds of it, the third line is going to look like Benn-Faksa-Johnston so hopefully Faksa can contribute something offensively now that he won't be playing with Glendening and Raffl or Cogliano and Comeau

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll