LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$2,625,000$2,625,000
LW
UFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,825,000$1,825,000
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
C, RW
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 11, 2022 at 7:56 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
Andersson simply isn’t available. Kylington is and has been made expendable with the acquisition of Weegar

I think Ruzicka has the higher ceiling but our Coach likes more Physicality and being French, Veleno might be a better fit, but I do believe Ruzicka to be the better & more effective player

Kubalik was playing with guys like Kane, Toews, DeBrincat, Strome and Jones so I don’t really buy the bad line mates argument. He doesn’t appear to be in DET’s Top-9 Forwards either.

I’m fine swapping Elmer for something else as we have Zohorna who is a very similar player, but Kubalik’s a gamble and not worth Kylington alone so the trade needs to be balanced somehow

Kylington isn't really a need in Detroit even though he would make our current defence a bit better. I just don't think there is a fit. Also I don't know how Kylington would do with a lesser partner than Tanev. Also I wouldn't be trading a good defender on the rise of you are trying to win a cup. Also not trading a guy we just signed, teams just don't do that.
Also the comment about Kubalik's linemates is pretty weak. Kane and Debrincat spent most of the time together if I recall. Toews was not very good at all and Strome was mediocre, also didn't get qualified by the Hawks. Something seems weird with all that as Suter, Kubalik and Strome all didn't get qualified but seemed to be half decent players.
aedoran liked this.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 7:59 p.m.
Needs. We don’t need Kylington now that we’ve acquired & signed Weegar long-term. We need a Top-9 forward. CGY’s need retention on Bertuzzi

Kubalik, Veleno & Soderblom aren’t worth Kylington alone but if we acquired a couple of them, hopefully our coach (Jack Adams Recipient = Best Coach in NHL) can get one of them to help contribute. Kubalik’s a gamble so we need additional compensation by way of a prospect and DET should be about done with Veleno at this point. He hasn’t worked out, neither has Zadina. They’re like Valimaki was to us. Not busts but not good enough either, so give them a change of scenery and one more shot

"Kubalik, Veleno & Soderblom aren’t worth Kylington alone" and then proceeds to try to convince Wings fans why we should trade those three players away for Kylington and adds Ruzicka and a 4th as if this is somehow highway robbery for the Wings and the Flames are getting the raw end of the deal. And we're fools for declining it. It's gonna hurt my brain too much to even go into this with you. There's just too much dumb here.
RedWing9119 and aedoran liked this.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 8:03 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Lol are you actually bringing up waivers from 2 years ago? Clearly he's proven that was a mistake by both the Flames GM and every other GM in the league for not claiming him.

How does personal matters have anything to do with his play?

Im not arguing if Detroit needs him, that os completely irrelevant to what I responded to

I don't disagree with Detroit wanting to keep Soderblom, they should keep him.

Because a player that isn't even available is useless if they don't play, even if they're the next coming of Wayne Gretzky.
Per Sportsnet:
"Kylington has not yet reported to camp, with leave from the club. Steinberg followed up his initial report with news that what ever Kylington is going through is very serious and that he could be gone a while."
aedoran liked this.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 8:04 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
I checked and yup, you need a guy like Kylington till your other guys are ready to compete. Only need 1 of Maata or Hagg, not both in the lineup. Need another mobile puck moving LD who can jump in the play and contribute offensively.

Thinking and believing DET has the deepest LD Prospect pool in the NHL is what I would consider Homerism

haha, ok... it's widely agreed upon, but ok... bye.
aedoran liked this.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 8:05 p.m.
Quoting: DeadWingsv2
Because a player that isn't even available is useless if they don't play, even if they're the next coming of Wayne Gretzky.
Per Sportsnet:
"Kylington has not yet reported to camp, with leave from the club. Steinberg followed up his initial report with news that what ever Kylington is going through is very serious and that he could be gone a while."

Wow so the guy is away for personal reasons, he could have had a family member die or in serious hospital care, but that makes him a bad hockey player all of a sudden? The audacity
KingofRnR liked this.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 8:10 p.m.
Soderblom is very similar to Zohorna who we already have anyways

You keep repeating the same hilariously erroneous statement. The fact that you think that Zahorna is a similar players invalidates everything else you say in this argument. And it proves that you're talking smack about a player you don't know. Just stop dude. It's ok to be wrong.
aedoran and DeadWingsv2 liked this.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 8:19 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: RedWing9119
You keep repeating the same hilariously erroneous statement. The fact that you think that Zahorna is a similar players invalidates everything else you say in this argument. And it proves that you're talking smack about a player you don't know. Just stop dude. It's ok to be wrong.

Not sure how I’m wrong. Zohorna’s played in the NHL and produced whereas Soderblom hasn’t done a thing yet. Both are Big Centres who can play both wings. Soderblom’s the Great Big hope in DET right now, I get it but so were Zadina & Veleno and how’d that turn out for y’all. You guys overate your players but the stats don’t lie. DET is one of the worst teams in the league and other than your top-3 forwards nobody has succeeded or met expectations there
Oct. 11, 2022 at 8:23 p.m.
Im insufferable? You are the one being a heartless POS here

He's right and the response here is a perfect example of why. You just responded to an argument he never made. He asked you why the Wings should value a player they don't need, who may be a non hockey player FOR A LONG TIME. I put it in caps so you would be sure to understand the ACTUAL argument he was making. And as far as being heartless: you're the dude casually talking about trading him while he's going through something personal...
Oct. 11, 2022 at 8:28 p.m.
Not sure how I’m wrong. Zohorna’s played in the NHL and produced whereas Soderblom hasn’t done a thing yet. Both are Big Centres who can play both wings. Soderblom’s the Great Big hope in DET right now, I get it but so were Zadina & Veleno and how’d that turn out for y’all. You guys overate your players but the stats don’t lie. DET is one of the worst teams in the league and other than your top-3 forwards nobody has succeeded or met expectations there

Hmmm. I'm wrong. I could A=Admit it and move on with my life or B=post something nonsensical and insulting to change the subject. Good call!
Oct. 11, 2022 at 8:32 p.m.
He's right and the response here is a perfect example of why. You just responded to an argument he never made. He asked you why the Wings should value a player they don't need, who may be a non hockey player FOR A LONG TIME. I put it in caps so you would be sure to understand the ACTUAL argument he was making. And as far as being heartless: you're the dude casually talking about trading him while he's going through something personal...

I never said the Wings should or shouldn't want him. I said he is a better hockey player than all 3 of the listed players in the trade above. That is simply fact.

The actual argument wasn't at all about what you are capitalising since you are interjected your own opinion into the conversation without context
Oct. 11, 2022 at 8:39 p.m.
I never said the Wings should or shouldn't want him. I said he is a better hockey player than all 3 of the listed players in the trade above. That is simply fact.

The actual argument wasn't at all about what you are capitalising since you are interjected your own opinion into the conversation without context

Read the entire thread bud. I suggest you reread Post #28 since you responded to it. Either way I'm done with you.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 8:43 p.m.
Read the entire thread bud. I suggest you reread Post #28 since you responded to it. Either way I'm done with you.

Me reread the entire thread? Maybe go look at what I originally responded to, that is the topic.

Post #28 is a troll post, no idea why you are referencing it
KingofRnR liked this.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 9:25 p.m.
TrevorA
Hmmm. I'm wrong. I could A=Admit it and move on with my life or B=post something nonsensical and insulting to change the subject. Good call!

Both Zohorna (6'6 230lbs) & Soderblom (6'8 250lbs) are Big Guys with Soft Hands:

Zohorna: It's clear in watching him during the 10-minute skate what the attraction is. The size, certainly, is the first thing you notice. But it quickly becomes apparent how well he moves for a big man. His quickness, edge work and 0-60 is as good as anyone on the ice. He also has incredibly soft hands, a great release, and seems to thrive in the tight areas, evading checks and using his vision to spot the open man. Source: https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/its-a-great-opportunity/c-336093782

Soderblom: "He’s more of a stickhandler than a forward that will crash the net and throw big hits, Future Considerations 2019" "Söderblom owns great hands for his size and likes to take the puck to the net, Mikael Ström 2018" Source: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/350706/elmer-soderblom

Zohorna has better skill ratings too: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/190526/radim-zohorna

Sound pretty similar to me, except one = Zohorna has played and scored in a Regular AHL & NHL Season Game, the other has not. Soderblom's value is higher because of his age & promise, but at the end of the day, he's currently still an unproven prospect.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 9:29 p.m.
TrevorA

That's complete speculation. The only real evidence or indication as to how long Kylington will be out is that he hasn't been placed on LTIR, so I can't imagine it's an injury at all, simply personal reasons and that he won't be out long. CGY has lots of coverage at LD and are giving him all the time he needs, which is the respectable thing to do
Oct. 11, 2022 at 9:32 p.m.
TrevorA
Im insufferable? You are the one being a heartless POS here

Fun times hey!? Sounds like DET is the #1 Stanley Cup Contender this year if we were to go by what these 2 guys are trying to push

As always, CGY has the Worst & Least Valuable Players & Prospects in the League
Ledge_And_Dairy liked this.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 9:39 p.m.
Future Norris guy
Kylington had a fantastic breakout season, so you obviously don’t know who he is or you don’t know hockey. Which one is it or perhaps explain how a Defensemen who scores more than your Forwards in this discussion is less valuable.

Kylington is better and more valuable than Kubalik, Veleno or Soderblom

laugh Until this past season with 31 points, Kylington was garbage. Saying that he's better than Kubalik a 30 goal scorer and Veleno and Soderblom is pure asinine.
aedoran liked this.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 9:46 p.m.
Future Norris guy
laugh This dude is just trolling us.

We don't need Kylington, He's no better than what we've coming up in our LHD pipeline.

And the rest is just pure garbage offer for both Veleno and Soderblom.
aedoran liked this.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 9:46 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: HockeyIsMyPassion61
laugh Until this past season with 31 points, Kylington was garbage. Saying that he's better than Kubalik a 30 goal scorer and Veleno and Soderblom is pure asinine.

Kylington's play & value are going up whereas Kubalik & Veleno's are both declining. Soderblom has done absolutely nothing in North American Hockey yet. He's an unproven prospect who's value is all hype at the moment.

Kylington > Kubalik
Kylington >> Soderblom
Kylington >>> Veleno
Oct. 11, 2022 at 9:48 p.m.
Soderblom is very similar to Zohorna who we already have anyways

The 26yr old you claimed off of waivers and less than a week later he has made it though waivers and will be playing in the AHL. Yeah just like him????
RedWing9119 liked this.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 9:50 p.m.
TrevorA
laugh This dude is just trolling us.

We don't need Kylington, He's no better than what we've coming up in our LHD pipeline.

And the rest is just pure garbage offer for both Veleno and Soderblom.

That's Complete Wishful Thinking and Homer Talk right there.

There's a Huge difference between Hype & Expectations and actually that actually Translating & Performing in the NHL.

Kylington's years ahead of these LD Prospects you have coming up
Oct. 11, 2022 at 9:52 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: aedoran
The 26yr old you claimed off of waivers and less than a week later he has made it though waivers and will be playing in the AHL. Yeah just like him????

Yes, don't kid yourself, Soderblom will likely end up in the AHL soon here too. It's a different game than what he's accustomed too
Oct. 11, 2022 at 9:53 p.m.
Future Norris guy
Kylington's play & value are going up whereas Kubalik & Veleno's are both declining. Soderblom has done absolutely nothing in North American Hockey yet. He's an unproven prospect who's value is all hype at the moment.

Kylington > Kubalik
Kylington >> Soderblom
Kylington >>> Veleno

laugh Veleno just put up 15 points in his first full season, Funny how Kylington only had half as much. So Veleno is hardly trending down.

Kubalik was playing on a trash Hawks team, hence why his numbers were declining. I bet he puts up better number in Detroit this year.
Oct. 11, 2022 at 10:03 p.m.
TrevorA
Edited Oct. 11, 2022 at 10:08 p.m.
laugh Veleno just put up 15 points in his first full season, Funny how Kylington only had half as much. So Veleno is hardly trending down.

Kubalik was playing on a trash Hawks team, hence why his numers were declining. I bet he puts up better number in Detroit this year.

Not if Kubalik's playing on the 4th line lol. I already stated I don't believe that poor team & line mates argument. He was playing with the same guys: Kane, Toews, Strome & DeBrincat. Besides, DET didn't do any better than CHI last season either, so not sure how or why you think he'd improve playing for an equally "trashy" team

8 Goals & 15 Points in 66GP given 13:12ATOI is Terrible for a 1st Round Player. His value has dipped. Adam Ruzicka did better scoring 5 Goals & 10 Points in 28 Games on the 4th line only receiving 10:13ATOI, thus his value should be greater than Veleno's now as well

Kylington's a Defensemen who is not expected to score nearly as much as a Forward
Oct. 11, 2022 at 10:40 p.m.
Red Wing Nut
Wings could've claimed kylington on waivers last year... No chance . ..wings will watch the giant Elmer develop happily
Oct. 11, 2022 at 10:47 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Mike
Wings could've claimed kylington on waivers last year... No chance . ..wings will watch the giant Elmer develop happily

What's your point!? Look what he's done since then. His value skyrocketed after the breakout season he just had.

I'm sure Teams/GM's are kicking themselves now. He won't be had for free now, that's for sure

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll