SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 season Discussion

Nov. 20, 2022 at 4:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I think the cost would be way too high.

Personally, I think EDM is totally underutilizing Puljujärvi. If there was a trade to be made there, I’d love to get him.

Quoting: Random2152
A little off topic but what if we replicated the Nils Lunqvist trade with Krappo?

I need to look into it more but that might be a decent bet worth making if he becomes available

Really not a fan of Kakko. And besides NYR gonna just use him in a Kane trade

If im spending a 1st + 4th that becomes a 3rd I want someone we know is a sure upgrade. Someone who always performs well and is on a stupid good deal

As for JP if the cost aint expensive sure. Could also throw in guys like Kapenan, Smith, heck Detroit got a tonne of forwards and might want to move on from one. Could swing a deal for Bertuzzi. As other than Bertuzzi none of the guys above should cost a lot
Nov. 20, 2022 at 4:47 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I think the cost would be way too high.

Personally, I think EDM is totally underutilizing Puljujärvi. If there was a trade to be made there, I’d love to get him.

It would only cost a late 1st in this scenario.
Agreed on JP id take a look at him in the off season on the cheap. Wonder if he goes unqualified?
Nov. 20, 2022 at 4:53 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Agreed on JP id take a look at him in the off season on the cheap. Wonder if he goes unqualified?

I have this feeling Puljujärvi ++ will be used to bring in Chychrun.
Nov. 20, 2022 at 5:23 p.m.

Definitely if he's still there by then.
Nov. 20, 2022 at 5:41 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

It’s crazy to me that we’ve had Joey Anderson since 2020 and only has 6 games with the Leafs. I realize foot speed will always be his issue (although I don’t believe it’s that bad to hinder him) why he has not gotten more of a look.

Plays a smart/responsible game. 36 goals in his last 71 games 🤷‍♂️
Nov. 20, 2022 at 6:06 p.m.
Amirov Forever

It’s crazy to me that we’ve had Joey Anderson since 2020 and only has 6 games with the Leafs. I realize foot speed will always be his issue (although I don’t believe it’s that bad to hinder him) why he has not gotten more of a look.

Im a huge fan of Anderson, but he has done nothing at the NHL level with the Leafs, even in the preseason. He seems to be one of those weird cases where his AHL success does not lead to NHL success. Kind of like a Chase De Leo or Kiefer Sherwood. Really hope he proves me wrong, but Im not holding my breath
MatthewsFan liked this.
Nov. 20, 2022 at 6:22 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Nathaniel
Im a huge fan of Anderson, but he has done nothing at the NHL level with the Leafs, even in the preseason. He seems to be one of those weird cases where his AHL success does not lead to NHL success. Kind of like a Chase De Leo or Kiefer Sherwood. Really hope he proves me wrong, but Im not holding my breath

Absolutely right, he might just be a solid AHL player and that’s it. But again I find it really difficult to understand how people can tell how a guy plays in only 6 games (5 last year, 1 in 2020). Fans were quick to get rid of Barabanov because he didn’t show anything.

I still believe there is a useful bottom 6 player in the NHL.

He showed some promise in NJD, let’s give the guy more of chance
Nov. 20, 2022 at 6:55 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I have this feeling Puljujärvi ++ will be used to bring in Chychrun.

Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Definitely if he's still there by then.

We know he isnt worth anything on the trade market after the ask was a 3rd last off season, that his management dont like him, and he has 3 points in 18 games. If he is still on the roster in the off season there is a very reasonable chance he doesnt get a QA.

If he gets moved it will essentially be as a cap move to fit in a guy like chychrun, but wont be bringing any noteable value to the deal
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Nov. 20, 2022 at 7:34 p.m.
We know he isnt worth anything on the trade market after the ask was a 3rd last off season, that his management dont like him, and he has 3 points in 18 games. If he is still on the roster in the off season there is a very reasonable chance he doesnt get a QA.

If he gets moved it will essentially be as a cap move to fit in a guy like chychrun, but wont be bringing any noteable value to the deal

I know you want a forward but... would a guy like Matt Dumba be a player that opens things up slightly from the D side of things?
Nov. 20, 2022 at 7:42 p.m.

Definitely goes unqualified is what I mean.
Nov. 20, 2022 at 7:57 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: oneX
I know you want a forward but... would a guy like Matt Dumba be a player that opens things up slightly from the D side of things?

Not interested in Dumba at all. Not as a player and not from a team building perspective. Our system is LHD passes to RHW, Having high end RHD needs LHW to receive and our LW sucks ass right now

Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Definitely goes unqualified is what I mean.

I know. Was just tagging you in
oneX liked this.
Nov. 20, 2022 at 7:58 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

I feel if ZAR or Malgin continued to struggle he would have probs been called up and one of the 2 mentioned would have been waived.
Nov. 20, 2022 at 8:00 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: aadoyle
I feel if ZAR or Malgin continued to struggle he would have probs been called up and one of the 2 mentioned would have been waived.

He will be a call-up depth option for us next year and probably this year too. I like his game
Nov. 20, 2022 at 9:26 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
I approve of this take and hell ya! IF he was actually available

Nov. 20, 2022 at 9:29 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming

Why is he down there? Whats going wrong exactly?
Nov. 20, 2022 at 9:50 p.m.
Amirov Forever

I HIGHLY doubt Tomasino is on the block. Nashville has no reason to want to trade him, especially considering his fantastic campaign in the NHL last year. He is so gifted it's not even funny. I'm genuinely not sure why he's in the minors currently. Now, if Nashville were to trade Tomasino, I would be over the moon. I would easily offer Robertson for Tomasino. He is very good
MatthewsFan liked this.
Nov. 20, 2022 at 10:14 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I HIGHLY doubt Tomasino is on the block. Nashville has no reason to want to trade him, especially considering his fantastic campaign in the NHL last year. He is so gifted it's not even funny. I'm genuinely not sure why he's in the minors currently. Now, if Nashville were to trade Tomasino, I would be over the moon. I would easily offer Robertson for Tomasino. He is very good

Well if a team came and said here is a 1st and 4th that can become a 3rd they would probs investigate

As he is in the AHL over guys like Sanford and McCarron

As in general Nashville is a middle ground team that really isnt a noise maker anymore and should consider either retooling/rebuilding. I remember the 2015-2018 Preds they were scary as hell. Depth for days, 2 solid goalies, an incredible blue line. They just met a better team in Pittsburgh but put up a decent fight
Nov. 20, 2022 at 10:16 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Nothing its basically hes waiver exempt so yeah

Think the Pittsburgh situation with Ty Smith
Nov. 20, 2022 at 10:20 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Nothing its basically hes waiver exempt so yeah

Think the Pittsburgh situation with Ty Smith

But Ty Smith sucks
Nov. 20, 2022 at 10:22 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Well if a team came and said here is a 1st and 4th that can become a 3rd they would probs investigate

As he is in the AHL over guys like Sanford and McCarron

As in general Nashville is a middle ground team that really isnt a noise maker anymore and should consider either retooling/rebuilding. I remember the 2015-2018 Preds they were scary as hell. Depth for days, 2 solid goalies, an incredible blue line. They just met a better team in Pittsburgh but put up a decent fight

If I'm Nashville and someone offers a 1st and a 4th, I'd handedly say no. I'd be shocked if Tomasino didn't end the season up in the NHL.
Nov. 20, 2022 at 10:22 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

No idea what is going on in NSH. Hard to figure out John Hynes. They’ve scratched Tolvanen multiple times this year in favour of Sanford, McCarron, Cole Smith (who?).
Nov. 20, 2022 at 10:31 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Agreed, there is no indication he is even on the trade radar just interesting he spent the entire year with NSH last season and this year can’t crack a pretty suspect roster.

I just the like the idea of it. These are the type of trades GOOD teams make. Looking for high ceiling players falling out of favour with their current team. (Again, not saying Tomasino is) but I look at a team like NJD who STOLE Siegenthaler/Marino, or COL getting Towes, STL getting Buchnevich, SEA getting Bjorkstrand.

It would be sick if the Leafs could identify a player on the outs and bring him in
Nov. 20, 2022 at 10:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Agreed, there is no indication he is even on the trade radar just interesting he spent the entire year with NSH last season and this year can’t crack a pretty suspect roster.

I just the like the idea of it. These are the type of trades GOOD teams make. Looking for high ceiling players falling out of favour with their current team. (Again, not saying Tomasino is) but I look at a team like NJD who STOLE Siegenthaler/Marino, or COL getting Towes, STL getting Buchnevich, SEA getting Bjorkstrand.

It would be sick if the Leafs could identify a player on the outs and bring him in

Toronto Hyman all those years ago

But yeah there is probs a trade out there.

If we look rn

Craig Smith, JP, Kapenan, and others are in situations to where you can probs buy low and get a useful player

One of which we are familiar with
Nov. 20, 2022 at 10:36 p.m.
Amirov Forever

I agree 100%. The first thing that came to mind for me was the Toews trade. I think it's still to early for Nashville to give up on a player like Tomasino, especially after a strong first showing in the NHL. If he plays the rest of the year in the AHL, then I could definitely see a Tomasino trade in the cards. Just imagine Tomasino - Matthews - Marner

Also, can we take a moment and just revel in New Jersey's ability to rob teams of their best young players? I couldn't believe they got Marino for so little last summer and Siegenthaler was a lethal addition to their backend. I only wish we could replicate that
MatthewsFan liked this.
Nov. 20, 2022 at 10:45 p.m.
Amirov Forever
To add to the Tomasino talk: I think it's interesting that they called up Parssinen before they did Tomasino. I'm a huge Parssinen fan, but Tomasino has proven that he can succeed at the NHL level. Parssinen has been real good so far (super fun to watch), but it was a weird gamble. Maybe Tomasino actually is on the outside looking in. I would be move that happy to use Lundkvist's trade as a comparable, Tomasino would be a fantastic add, although I can't see Dubas making a trade like that and gambling his job on a very young forward (although he totally should)
MatthewsFan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll