Forums/Armchair-GM

Opening Night

Created by: Rooney
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 11, 2022
Published: Oct. 12, 2022
Team: 2022-23 Winnipeg Jets
Description
This definitely isn't the defensive line up I would have ran with but what can ya do. The forward line up is how I thought it would shake out. Barron over Harkins was a surprise but definitely the right call. Harkins did not have a good camp in my opinion. Maenalanen was a nice surprise as well and I'm looking forward to seeing how Jonsson-Fjallby fits in.
DRAFT YEARROUND 1ROUND 2ROUND 3ROUND 4ROUND 5ROUND 6ROUND 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$78,232,857$0$1,700,000$4,267,143
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
Connor, Kyle
$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 4
Scheifele, Mark
$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Ehlers, Nikolaj
$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Perfetti, Cole
$894,167
LW, C
RFA - 2
Dubois, Pierre-Luc
$6,000,000
C
RFA - 1
Wheeler, Blake
$8,250,000
RW, C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Barron, Morgan
$925,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
Lowry, Adam
$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Appleton, Mason
$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 3
Maenalanen, Saku
$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Gustafsson, David
$775,000
C
RFA - 2
Gagner, Sam
$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Morrissey, Joshua
$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
DeMelo, Dylan
$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Hellebuyck, Connor
$6,166,666
G
UFA - 2
Dillon, Brenden
$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
Pionk, Neal
$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
Rittich, David
$900,000
G
UFA - 1
Stanley, Logan
$900,000
LD
RFA - 1
Schmidt, Nate
$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Capobianco, Kyle
$762,500
LD
RFA - 2
Jonsson-Fjällby, Axel
$750,000
LW
RFA - 1
Toninato, Dominic
$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 12, 2022 at 10:03 a.m.
Looks like Apples is on IR and AJF will have his visa stuff figured out. I imagine Gagner moves up to the 3rd and the 4th line is Saku-Gus-Toni.
Rooney liked this.
Oct. 12, 2022 at 10:04 a.m.
Go Jets Go
Quoting: masterjuddi
Looks like Apples is on IR and AJF will have his visa stuff figured out. I imagine Gagner moves up to the 3rd and the 4th line is Saku-Gus-Toni.

Figured Appleton would be back for game 1 but if not, I agree!
Oct. 12, 2022 at 10:08 a.m.
Quoting: Rooney
Figured Appleton would be back for game 1 but if not, I agree!

He could be, it's retroactive to the 5th and i know he's been skating
but if he's ready to go and AJF has his stuff figured out then the jets would need to make another move. You have Samberg being sent to the moose here, but I dont like that at all.
Saku and Barron are the only two waiver exempt F (outside of Perfetti), my guess would be Saku.
Rooney liked this.
Oct. 12, 2022 at 11:13 a.m.
but if he's ready to go and AJF has his stuff figured out then the jets would need to make another move. You have Samberg being sent to the moose here, but I dont like that at all.
Saku and Barron are the only two waiver exempt F (outside of Perfetti), my guess would be Saku.

Pretty sure Bowness said appleton will play opening night. Also they probably just waive capobianco.
Rooney and Mr_Canoehead liked this.
Oct. 12, 2022 at 11:29 a.m.
Go Jets Go
Quoting: tsyls
Pretty sure Bowness said appleton will play opening night. Also they probably just waive capobianco.

Waiving Capo is by far the correct choice here...I just worry that they'd rather have him in the press box over Samberg or Stanley. Samberg should be on that 3rd pairing.
masterjuddi and Mr_Canoehead liked this.
Oct. 12, 2022 at 11:45 a.m.
Quoting: tsyls

Waiving Capobianco would make sense. In that case, then the explanation by Chevy was that he had to waive both Capobianco and Kovacevic and it wasn't about choosing one over the other.
Rooney, masterjuddi and tsyls liked this.
Oct. 12, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
Quoting: Mr_Canoehead
Waiving Capobianco would make sense. In that case, then the explanation by Chevy was that he had to waive both Capobianco and Kovacevic and it wasn't about choosing one over the other.

I guess they could sneak him down now that most teams have their roster's set. Plus guys like him are constantly available...so he'll probably clear
Mr_Canoehead and tsyls liked this.
Oct. 12, 2022 at 12:42 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I really disagree about Barron being the right choice, Harkins didn't have a good pre-season but Barron barely played (I wasn't able to watch the last two games vs Calgary) and I'm very opposed to and tired of seeing yet another center prospect turned into a winger.

Barron should be developing his two-way game as the 1 or 2C for the Moose, he can be first callup if a center gets hurt or if Gus isn't getting the job done.

Maenalanen should be the 3LW, if Axel looks better once he's arrived can give him a shot there.

Capobianco did look pretty good in pre-season but it was against a lot of mostly AHL lineups, losing Kovacevic for a LHD is a puzzling move.

Chisholm's waiver exemption ends this season so he could be lost next year if there isn't a spot for him which at this point doesn't seem like there will be.

I know these are mostly minor things but I think they were the wrong ones especially for a team that struggles to attract even the most low end of UFAs, you need to hold onto your assets!
Rooney and Mr_Canoehead liked this.
Oct. 12, 2022 at 1:34 p.m.
Quoting: Rooney
Waiving Capo is by far the correct choice here...I just worry that they'd rather have him in the press box over Samberg or Stanley. Samberg should be on that 3rd pairing.

Capo will get through waivers now, and at that point he can be called up and sent down freely without waivers for a while.

Realistically, the jets should’ve traded at least one blue liner this off-season, but they did nothing. They will have the exact same issue next year, with Chisholm losing waivers exemption. IMO jets have to perform well this year or they will be forced to look at a rebuild. There’s a clear waive of youth that need to be given a spot to play, and that doesn’t happen unless they tear it down a bit.
Rooney and MisstheWhalers liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll