SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

5 BOLD predictions for the Bs this year

Oct. 12, 2022 at 3:58 p.m.
Here are five very difficult thresholds for the Bruins, both players and the team as a whole, to hit, but are still within the realm of possibility. This will be fun to look back at once the year is done. feel free to write your own underneath this. Here we go

1. The Bruins will have 3 Point-Per-Game players. I'm leaving this open for anyone to do, but if I had to guess which three, I'd go Pastrnak, Marchand, and either Hall or Krejci.
2. One of Lysell, McLaughlin, or Studnicka will earn full-time spot by mid season in the Top Nine, most likely pushing Craig Smith or whoever plays 3LW down or to the trade block.
3. Ullmark will become the de facto starter by the Trade Deadline
4. Krejci, in his return season, will hit at least 60 points and 20 goals (over 82 games)
5. The Bruins will be at least the #2 seed in the Atlantic Division AND will win at least ONE playoff series.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 8:26 a.m.
Well, 10 Games in for the Bruins, and these predictions are looking to be alright so far.

1) The Bruins currently have 5 players playing at a point-per-game pace through the first 10 games, as opposed to my predicted 3 players. Pastrnak (18 points), Lindholm (11 points), Bergeron (10 points), Krejci (8 points in 8 games), and Marchand (4 points in 2 games).

2) Well, Studnicka is gone, meaning that either Lysell or McLaughlin will have to squeeze his way into the lineup by mid season. My guess at this point would be Lysell, as he's tearing up the AHL with the Baby Bruins, but with how the NHL Bruins are playing, I find it difficult to move one of the current NHLers out of the lineup to make way for a newcomer, even if it's Lysell. They've just played too well so far. Still, plenty of time.

3) Ullmark has played like a true #1 goalie so far. He may steal the de-facto starting job well before the deadline, especially if Swayman's injury is a significant one.

4) Krejci is currently on pace for 82 points over 82 games, and is on pace for 20.5 goals over 82 games. Could happen.

5) The Bruins are currently the #1 seed in both the Atlantic and the entire NHL. And with the way they're playing, they should win at least one playoff series.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 9:01 p.m.
Which witch is which
Quoting: BruinsFan35
Here are five very difficult thresholds for the Bruins, both players and the team as a whole, to hit, but are still within the realm of possibility. This will be fun to look back at once the year is done. feel free to write your own underneath this. Here we go

1. The Bruins will have 3 Point-Per-Game players. I'm leaving this open for anyone to do, but if I had to guess which three, I'd go Pastrnak, Marchand, and either Hall or Krejci.
2. One of Lysell, McLaughlin, or Studnicka will earn full-time spot by mid season in the Top Nine, most likely pushing Craig Smith or whoever plays 3LW down or to the trade block.
3. Ullmark will become the de facto starter by the Trade Deadline
4. Krejci, in his return season, will hit at least 60 points and 20 goals (over 82 games)
5. The Bruins will be at least the #2 seed in the Atlantic Division AND will win at least ONE playoff series.

Hi Leafs fan here... let's have some fun.
1. Possibly, but I'm going with two... Marchand and Pastrnak. (Toronto will have 4)
2. 1 down, two to go.
3. Well, two average goalies battling for 1 spot means you have a 50% chance of being right. (Samsonov will finish the season with better stats than your goalies)
4. He'll get injured... oh wait, already happened. grin
5. Will slough off as the year goes on and lose in the first round. (Leafs will pass you in the standings and Mathews will pass Pastrnak in goals, however we will also lose in the first round)

The team is long in the tooth and this is just a sputtering diesel engine. Off to a good start but it's not going to hold up.
You may now sh*t all over the Leafs in response.
Nov. 24, 2022 at 8:04 a.m.
A quarter of the season in, and the Bruins (despite losing last night) are rolling at 17-3. Let’s see how the predictions are holding up:

1) the Bruins currently have exactly three ppg players, who are Pastrnak (30 points in 20 games), Marchand (16 points in 12 games), and McAvoy (10 points in 7 games). There are some players who are close, too, so potential for a couple of guys to get back over the ppg mark within the coming weeks.

2) no NHL games yet for McLaughlin or Lysell, and with how McLaughlin has played to start this year, it’s down to Lysell. He’s played well, but so has every NHL forward, so the competition is tight.

3) Ullmark has been a legitimate Vezina candidate, and Sway has been shaky. The gap between the two goalies seems to be wider after each game.

4) Krejci, over 82 games, is on pace for 28.94 goals (over 20) and 72.35 points (over 60). Krejci has played better than expected after seeming a step behind for the first couple of games.

5) The Bruins are still at the very top of the NHL and the Atlantic Division. They’ve played well, and I expect a playoff berth at this point (I read something that there’s like a 75% success rate for teams to make the playoffs if they’re in a playoff spot on Thanksgiving, it was on NHL.com but I don’t remember exactly which article). If the Bruins were to perfectly split the next 62 games, going 31-31 (impossible, but bear with me), they’d have 96 points, almost guaranteed a playoff berth.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 8:15 p.m.
Alright, 30 games in, here we go:

1) the Bruins still have 3 ppg players in Marchand, Pastrnak, and McAvoy. They’ve also got three more players at .75 ppg right now (Krejci, Hall, and DeBrusk) who could all break ppg with a good streak in the coming weeks.

2) still nothing from Lysell or McLaughlin, but a killer few weeks from Lysell recently and a better, more consistent string of play from McLaughlin could earn either of them a look soon, especially with the current Craig Smith situation.

3) Swayman is coming off of a great performance last week, but Ullmark is a clear cut Vezina candidate so far. He should be the true #1, but the ability to rest both goalies is a nice thing to have.

4) Krejci is on pace for 29.52 goals and 75.44 points over 82 games. He’s been great, and has been far more consistent recently than he was earlier on in the season. Free Agency signing of the year imo.

5) the Bruins are still killing it in terms of standings, leading the NHL and the Atlantic division in both points and point %. I don’t know if I’ll continue to update this every ten games, but if the Bruins were to go 26-26 in the next 52 games to end the season, they’d have 102 points. If they were somehow able to maintain their current point % (.833) over all 82 games, that number jumps to roughly 132 points. Not bad
Dec. 27, 2022 at 11:18 p.m.
Bedard23
Alright, 30 games in, here we go:

1) the Bruins still have 3 ppg players in Marchand, Pastrnak, and McAvoy. They’ve also got three more players at .75 ppg right now (Krejci, Hall, and DeBrusk) who could all break ppg with a good streak in the coming weeks.

2) still nothing from Lysell or McLaughlin, but a killer few weeks from Lysell recently and a better, more consistent string of play from McLaughlin could earn either of them a look soon, especially with the current Craig Smith situation.

3) Swayman is coming off of a great performance last week, but Ullmark is a clear cut Vezina candidate so far. He should be the true #1, but the ability to rest both goalies is a nice thing to have.

4) Krejci is on pace for 29.52 goals and 75.44 points over 82 games. He’s been great, and has been far more consistent recently than he was earlier on in the season. Free Agency signing of the year imo.

5) the Bruins are still killing it in terms of standings, leading the NHL and the Atlantic division in both points and point %. I don’t know if I’ll continue to update this every ten games, but if the Bruins were to go 26-26 in the next 52 games to end the season, they’d have 102 points. If they were somehow able to maintain their current point % (.833) over all 82 games, that number jumps to roughly 132 points. Not bad

I don’t know why more people aren’t talking about Hall, one of the most underrated players in the league
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Dec. 28, 2022 at 7:41 a.m.
Quoting: IconicHawk
I don’t know why more people aren’t talking about Hall, one of the most underrated players in the league

Media fatigue is my guess. Happens with prospects all the time, especially in football (US football). Hall got a ton of spotlight for a long time. He fell off for a bit, and he probably won’t see that same limelight ever again. Unless maybe he joins the Leafs lol.

He also plays third line ice time for the Bs, which also probably attributes to the lack of attention.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 8:39 a.m.
40 games in, and the Bruins are a staggering 32-4-4. No one could have predicted this, and I'm absolutely shocked to see how dominant the Bruins have been throughout the first half of the season (by the way, has anyone else felt like this season is flying by?). Here's how my predictions are holding up:

1) The Bruins are down to 2 point-per-game scorers, them being Pastrnak (58 points in 40 games) and Marchand (37 points in 32 games). However, the Bruins have 4 more .75 ppg or better scorers (McAvoy, Bergeron, DeBrusk, and Krejci), so there's that. I was expecting a more to-heavy offensive output to the Bruins like what we saw in years past, but they've been scoring up and down the lineup, so I'm actually happier with their current output than what I predicted, even if I end up wrong.

2) Copy-and-paste from the last few updates. Both Lysell and McLaughlin are playing well in the AHL right now, but there isn't room for experiments with the big club when the team is playing this good. Maybe at the end of the year when Monty rests some of the vets near playoff time.

3) Through half of a season, this prediction in particular has aged like a fine wine. Ullmark is playing like a Vezina winner, and he's still only lost one regulation game in 26 games. Unreal

4) Krejci is on pace for 25.77 goals and 46.86 assists for 72.63 points over 82 games. Not a bad return season.

5) The Bruins STILL top the Atlantic Division and the entire NHL in points and points %. Playoffs seems to be a lock at this point, and the Bruins seem to have been reinvigorated in these last few games since the Winter Classic. They weren't playing a good 60 minute game for quite a while before recently, but these last three games have been a return to early season form. Scary to consider how much they've been winning playing their B-game when their A-game has netted them 3 wins in 4 days against the Cali teams, all on the road. They outscored their three opponents, including the #9 ranked Kings (the other two teams suck, but the played them back-to-back while traveling) 18-5.
Jan. 18, 2023 at 8:06 a.m.
Quoting: IconicHawk

It's just that he's been playing down the lineup mostly to balance the lines. He's still one of the top 6 forwards on the Bruins, but skating with Coyle & Fredrick mostly at even strength. He's signed long term, and is going to be part of the Bruins continuing to be good (not this good, but good) as Bergeron and Krejci finally start to slow down and eventually retire.

4) Krejci is on pace for 25.77 goals and 46.86 assists for 72.63 points over 82 games. Not a bad return season.

Krejci looks like he always did. Looks great on the Czeching line with Pasta and Zacha when they go with that look.
BruinsFan35 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 8:28 a.m.
50 Games in, let's get into it:

1) The Bruins are still at 2 ppg scorers, those being Marchand and Pastrnak. But, Krejci, Bergeron, McAvoy, and DeBrusk are all at .75 ppg or higher, with solid depth scoring, so there's still a good chance that the 3 players mark is met AND the depth is better than expected.

2) McLaughlin played in 2 games, then was sent down. It is what it is, at this point.

3) Both Linus and Sway are playing well, but Ullmark is a true Vezina candidate, so the prediction is aging well.

4) Krejci, over 82 games, is on pace for 21.86 goals and 74.71 points, cutting it closer and closer to the goals mark I predicted but the points mark is getting wider and wider. I'll take it.

5) The Bruins, despite this three game skid against great competition, still lead the Atlantic and NHL in points. the NHL points record may be at stake if the skid continues for much longer, but it's hard to worry about performances right now with the cushion that the Bruins have made for themselves. No need to hit the panic button. Over 82 games, teams have highs and lows, the Bruins are in a low right now, and have plenty of time to pick it up.
Mar. 2, 2023 at 9:46 a.m.
60 Games in, let's go:

1) Still 2 ppg scorers for the Bruins, being Marchand and Pastrnak. Bergeron, DeBrusk, Krejci, and McAvoy all sport .75 ppg paces or better as well. AND LET'S NOT FORGET Dmitry Orlov's totally-sustainable 132 point pace with the Bruins since joining the squad.

2) No more hope for youth joining the squad, with Hathaway and (apparently as I write this) Tyler Bertuzzi joining the club. Maybe a game at the end when everyone's resting, but maybe not even then with now 14 (when healthy) NHL forwards on the roster and 8 defensemen.

3) Linus has been a superhero for this Bruins team, and an elite goal scorer to boot. I mean, 31-4 with a sub-2 GAA and .938 save %? Ridiculous. And let's not forget Swayman, who I think has flown a bit under the radar with the team's success and Ullmark's ridiculous year. 15-4 with a 2.33 GAA (6th in the NHL among eligible goalies) and a .916 save % (tied for 11th with Juuse Saros). Good progression for a young goalie who kind of disappointed last year.

4) Over 82 games, Krejci is on pace for 19.4 goals (just shy of my predicted mark) and 70 points (well over the predicted mark). I'll take it.

5) Here's the Bruins 10-game splits since starting the year:
Games 1-10: 9-1 (W W W L W W W W W W) 18 Points
Games 11-20: 8-2 (W L W W W W W W W L) 16 Points
Games 21-30: 7-1-2 (W W W SOL W L W W SOL W) 16 Points
Games 31-40: 8-0-2 (W W W SOL W OTL W W W W) 18 Points
Games 41-50: 6-3-1 (L W W W W W W L OTL L) 13 Points, considered the "slump" of the season
Games 51-60: 9-1 (W L W W W W W W W W) 18 Points

Madness
SwaymanForVezina and McGruff liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 5:58 a.m.
70 games in. For the sake of saving time, just look at the last few posts, and you’ll get the idea that these predictions have trended similarly since game 1. That has yet to change at game 70. I’ll wait till the season is over before reposting on here.

Predictions were solid this year
SwaymanForVezina and Sharkie69 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll