Oct. 16, 2022 at 3:14 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: FanOfAllTeams
I guess your a flyers fan. Thanksgiving was a week ago

Quoting: Devil
Real thanksgiving*

Quoting: IconicHawk
Screw off Canadian thanksgiving the real thanksgiving

Y'know as adults you can celebrate both, right? Like it's not against the law. Try it this year, it's awesome. Also reduces the burden/guilt of not getting to see everyone come Christmastime.
A_Habs_fan, zk97, DucharmetheDOMinator and 5 others liked this.
Oct. 16, 2022 at 3:27 p.m.
to be banned soon
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Y'know as adults you can celebrate both, right? Like it's not against the law. Try it this year, it's awesome. Also reduces the burden/guilt of not getting to see everyone come Christmastime.

as an adult i celebrate both as a means of getting a day off work halo
BeterChiarelli and zk97 liked this.
Oct. 16, 2022 at 4:08 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Screw off American thanksgiving the real thanksgiving

This is what we've been saying all along.
Oct. 16, 2022 at 5:31 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Devil
Real thanksgiving*

Ratio + L + Canada > US
Oct. 16, 2022 at 6:04 p.m.
WentWughes

This is really interesting.
zk97 liked this.
Oct. 16, 2022 at 8:23 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Ratio + L + Canada > US

at least usa hockey doesnt have any issues
BigBallsBriere liked this.
Oct. 16, 2022 at 8:41 p.m.
Quoting: capsfan2121
at least usa hockey doesnt have any issues

Oops
Another oops
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 16, 2022 at 10:22 p.m.
Bedard23
I’m just gonna say so far the only good thing about the caps this season so they removed the siren from they’re goal horn and thank goodness because I don’t miss it at all
Oct. 16, 2022 at 10:41 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
I’m just gonna say so far the only good thing about the caps this season so they removed the siren from they’re goal horn and thank goodness because I don’t miss it at all

we suck
Oct. 16, 2022 at 11:09 p.m.
Quoting: capsfan2121
nothing beats rape and if guerin was guilty he wouldnt have a job rn

This isn’t how hockey works unfortunately. It just means you have to play in Russia for a year and then you’ll be welcomed back, or pay to have it go away. There are plenty of guys who have had strong allegations of bad things from sexual assault/misconduct (including covering that up) to racism, and they either pay enough money to have it forgotten or everybody seems to just move on if they’re good enough (people were still looking to hire coach Q, Chevy/Bergevin have jobs, P. Kane, E. Kane, Watson, Virtanen, Bill Peters is back coaching in NA somewhere I think, there were rumours that someone was gonna sign Slava Voynov who literally got deported, DeAngelo, Matthews, etc. etc. etc.). The better you are at hockey, the more likely it is that nobody will care what you do. And that’s what needs to change. It’s not unique to Hockey Canada (I would bet USA Hockey is sweating and trying to cover up their own hush money fund right about now), but Hockey Canada is deservedly facing the brunt of it right now.
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan and zk97 liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 1:14 a.m.
What in tarnation
Question to folks - does anyone know which coach has got fired the most times? Tried to google it but didn't really find an answer.

But honestly that coach have to be one that has some success under him too, since otherwise he wouldn't have been hired (and then fired) that many times.

Best option I've found thus far is Peter Laviolette. He has been fired 5 times during his coaching career in the NHL, but I have no idea if this is the record.

Trying to check this out I found something worrying - Rick Bowness has also been fired five times, and the Dallas head coaching job was the only time he did not get fired from the said position. The last time he's been fired was in 2005, after that he worked as an associate or assistant coach for over a decade.
BuFfaLOFaN and zk97 liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 1:19 a.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
I hope this is a lesson to all the people bashing Cole before that you need to WAIT until the investigators find evidence before you judge.

Hopefully, the TBL were the first to apologize to him. The suspension was flat out wrong. Hopefully the process of dealing with allegations of this sort is addressed, as the NHLPA says it will. Imagine a superstar player is accused the night before game 7. Should the team suspend their star player b/c of some dubious allegation?
Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 7:39 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Alfie11
This isn’t how hockey works unfortunately. It just means you have to play in Russia for a year and then you’ll be welcomed back, or pay to have it go away. There are plenty of guys who have had strong allegations of bad things from sexual assault/misconduct (including covering that up) to racism, and they either pay enough money to have it forgotten or everybody seems to just move on if they’re good enough (people were still looking to hire coach Q, Chevy/Bergevin have jobs, P. Kane, E. Kane, Watson, Virtanen, Bill Peters is back coaching in NA somewhere I think, there were rumours that someone was gonna sign Slava Voynov who literally got deported, DeAngelo, Matthews, etc. etc. etc.). The better you are at hockey, the more likely it is that nobody will care what you do. And that’s what needs to change. It’s not unique to Hockey Canada (I would bet USA Hockey is sweating and trying to cover up their own hush money fund right about now), but Hockey Canada is deservedly facing the brunt of it right now.

Patrick Kane was innocent. She was just trying to get money
Oct. 17, 2022 at 7:46 a.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
Hopefully, the TBL were the first to apologize to him. The suspension was flat out wrong. Hopefully the process of dealing with allegations of this sort is addressed, as the NHLPA says it will. Imagine a superstar player is accused the night before game 7. Should the team suspend their star player b/c of some dubious allegation?

It probably would be handled completely differently if it was a superstar player.
Brian2016 liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 8:31 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Jason Dickinson leads the league in ppg.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 8:42 a.m.
cautious optimism
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 2

Jackets lose, 5-2 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-The first home game of the season. Against the reigning, defending Eastern Conference champions. I don’t know what to expect.

-Since this game is being broadcast on the NHL Network, I can’t watch it on ESPN+. Fortunately, we have the radio broadcast on 97.1 The Fan! I get to hear Bob again! Based.

-HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE’S JOHNNY! JOHNATHAN “ICE HOCKEY” GAUDREAU SCORES HIS FIRST GOAL AS A COLUMBUS BLUE JACKET, AND THE ROOF COMES OFF THE PLACE!! WE’RE UP 1-0!

-Daniil Tarasov absolutely ROBS Victor Hedman glove-side to keep the score 1-0. Enjoy your stay at Scary Tarry’s House of Horrors!

-Cole Sillinger gets sent off for interference, and that leads to the most eventful penalty kill of this short season. Robbie and Sean find themselves with a golden chance to put us up 2-0, but Vasilevskiy robs us blind. Then, 30 seconds later, the Lightning have their own scoring chance, and Tarry makes a great save of his own. Mission… successful? I mean, we didn’t get scored on…

-Justin Danforth gets called for holding, and that leads to noted c*ckface Corey Perry getting a tip-in past Dani to tie us up.

-And then after that, Steven Stamkos takes a shot that gets a rebound that Adam Boqvist kicks away… straight into the net. Oof.

-ALL ABOARD THE GUS BUS! Gustav Nyquist scores his first goal of the year on a 2-on-1!

-Ross Colton scores to make it 3-2, and the first period fades out.

-The second period was rather boring aside from Cal Foote wristing one by Tarry to make it 4-2. Looks like we used up all of our fire in the first period.

-Steven Stamkos gets a deflection in. 5-2. God. F*cking. DAMMIT.

-At least we have a slightly mediocre team in the Blues next? That’s something to look forward to, maybe…?

(insert cool transition here)

Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 3

Jackets lose, score doesn’t matter to the St. Louis Blues.

-Still can’t watch the games on ESPN+, Blues games are blacked out in my area. I will never understand the point of local blackouts. Just let us watch the games, goddammit!

-On another note, the NHL app has made listening to the games on the radio is a lot more of a pain in the ass. Last year, you could tap the headphones icon on the top right of your screen, and it gives you a list of the games that day to listen to. Now, you have to go into the scores tab, tap the bar that says “Listen to Tonight’s Games!” At the top of the screen, and it leads you into a section of the WEBSITE that you can’t tab out, lest the stream stops. Why, NHL?

-Looking at the lineups for tonight, I see we’re running a top line of Gaudreau - Jenner - Danforth? That’s an odd choice, but I’m curious to see how it’ll turn out…

-The King of Rock and Roll has returned to the throne! Elvis is back from sickness. Can we PLEASE have a good game? Please? Two straight 4+ goal games from Tarry has me frustrated.

-I hear the Enterprise Center DJ playing “For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)” by AC/DC over the PA. Is that supposed to be disrespect?

-Cole Sillinger has been taking more penalties than what I would consider acceptable as of late. Now he gets sent to the Bin of Sin for hooking.

-It took like 5 seconds, and Pavel Buchnevich takes a one-timer that blows by Elvis. Power play goal puts the Blues up 1-0. I’ve got a bad feeling about this…

-Why is it that we always have to go down and then the game turns into a snoozefest? F*CKING DO SOMETHING ON OFFENSE, FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST…

-2-0 NOW. I AM THIS CLOSE TO A TOTAL BREAKDOWN.

-Okay, not as close as I was about a minute ago: the Designated Attack Goose gets us within one. Just get on a roll from here and DON’T BONER IT UP ON DEFENSE, and we’ll be fine.

-18 SECONDS LATER, AND THIS GAME IS DEAD EVEN! ROBBIE AND SEAN PROVING ONCE AGAIN THAT THEY’RE THE BEST 4TH LINERS IN THE LEAGUE! LET’S GO!!!

-Jordan Kyrou gets a breakaway, but Elvis shuts the five-hole on him. Good solid stuff, Elvis.

-By the end of the second period, the Blues were catching up with us in shot totals. Uh oh…

-Ivan Barbashev scores from a shot from the point. I hate life.

-JAKE NEIGHBOURS SCORES 20 SECONDS LATER. F*CK THIS. WHAT THE F*CK IS THE MAJOR MALFUNCTION HERE? ALL THIS ADDING IN THE OFF-SEASON, AND THE TEAM IS SOMEHOW EVEN WORSE THAN IT WAS LAST YEAR. WE HAVE GIVEN UP FOURTEEN GOALS AND A -9 GOAL DIFFERENTIAL IN T H R E E G A M E S . I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH. IT IS ABSOLUTELY F*CKING PATHETIC. WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE? IS IT THE COACHING STAFF’S FAULT? DO WE NEED TO BRING IN MORE DEFENSEMEN? DO WE NEED TO TRADE SOMEBODY!? WHAT THE F*CK!????

THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF TO HELP IS TO SWITCH AROUND THE DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS. F*CK IT: GAVRIKOV AND WERENSKI ON THE TOP PAIRING, BOQVIST ON THE THIRD, SEND JAKE BEAN TO THE SEVENTH CIRCLE OF LUCIFER’S *SSHOLE FOR ALL I CARE, THAT BALD MANLET BEHIND THE BENCH IS DEAD TO ME - I REPEAT: DEAD. TO. ME. - IF HE ROLLS OUT THAT DEFENSIVE LINEUP AGAIN.

WE ARE THREE GAMES INTO THE YEAR AND I’M ALREADY LOSING MY SANITY. PLEASE SEND HELP.

post-script: I now realize after sleeping on it for a night that I was slightly overreacting, but I am correct in the assumption that we really need some defensive help. There have been rumors flying around ACGM that Damon Severson is looking to stay in New Jersey, which that alongside Dougie Hamilton and the upcoming Simon Nemec on the right side makes the perfect window to trade for John Marino. If Marino doesn’t work, Connor Murphy is available in Chicago. Just something, ANYTHING that can help. Please.
NoVaSpartan, zk97 and justaBoss liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 9:34 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Bobcat205
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 2

Jackets lose, 5-2 against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

-The first home game of the season. Against the reigning, defending Eastern Conference champions. I don’t know what to expect.

-Since this game is being broadcast on the NHL Network, I can’t watch it on ESPN+. Fortunately, we have the radio broadcast on 97.1 The Fan! I get to hear Bob again! Based.

-HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE’S JOHNNY! JOHNATHAN “ICE HOCKEY” GAUDREAU SCORES HIS FIRST GOAL AS A COLUMBUS BLUE JACKET, AND THE ROOF COMES OFF THE PLACE!! WE’RE UP 1-0!

-Daniil Tarasov absolutely ROBS Victor Hedman glove-side to keep the score 1-0. Enjoy your stay at Scary Tarry’s House of Horrors!

-Cole Sillinger gets sent off for interference, and that leads to the most eventful penalty kill of this short season. Robbie and Sean find themselves with a golden chance to put us up 2-0, but Vasilevskiy robs us blind. Then, 30 seconds later, the Lightning have their own scoring chance, and Tarry makes a great save of his own. Mission… successful? I mean, we didn’t get scored on…

-Justin Danforth gets called for holding, and that leads to noted c*ckface Corey Perry getting a tip-in past Dani to tie us up.

-And then after that, Steven Stamkos takes a shot that gets a rebound that Adam Boqvist kicks away… straight into the net. Oof.

-ALL ABOARD THE GUS BUS! Gustav Nyquist scores his first goal of the year on a 2-on-1!

-Ross Colton scores to make it 3-2, and the first period fades out.

-The second period was rather boring aside from Cal Foote wristing one by Tarry to make it 4-2. Looks like we used up all of our fire in the first period.

-Steven Stamkos gets a deflection in. 5-2. God. F*cking. DAMMIT.

-At least we have a slightly mediocre team in the Blues next? That’s something to look forward to, maybe…?

(insert cool transition here)

Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 3

Jackets lose, score doesn’t matter to the St. Louis Blues.

-Still can’t watch the games on ESPN+, Blues games are blacked out in my area. I will never understand the point of local blackouts. Just let us watch the games, goddammit!

-On another note, the NHL app has made listening to the games on the radio is a lot more of a pain in the ass. Last year, you could tap the headphones icon on the top right of your screen, and it gives you a list of the games that day to listen to. Now, you have to go into the scores tab, tap the bar that says “Listen to Tonight’s Games!” At the top of the screen, and it leads you into a section of the WEBSITE that you can’t tab out, lest the stream stops. Why, NHL?

-Looking at the lineups for tonight, I see we’re running a top line of Gaudreau - Jenner - Danforth? That’s an odd choice, but I’m curious to see how it’ll turn out…

-The King of Rock and Roll has returned to the throne! Elvis is back from sickness. Can we PLEASE have a good game? Please? Two straight 4+ goal games from Tarry has me frustrated.

-I hear the Enterprise Center DJ playing “For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)” by AC/DC over the PA. Is that supposed to be disrespect?

-Cole Sillinger has been taking more penalties than what I would consider acceptable as of late. Now he gets sent to the Bin of Sin for hooking.

-It took like 5 seconds, and Pavel Buchnevich takes a one-timer that blows by Elvis. Power play goal puts the Blues up 1-0. I’ve got a bad feeling about this…

-Why is it that we always have to go down and then the game turns into a snoozefest? F*CKING DO SOMETHING ON OFFENSE, FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST…

-2-0 NOW. I AM THIS CLOSE TO A TOTAL BREAKDOWN.

-Okay, not as close as I was about a minute ago: the Designated Attack Goose gets us within one. Just get on a roll from here and DON’T BONER IT UP ON DEFENSE, and we’ll be fine.

-18 SECONDS LATER, AND THIS GAME IS DEAD EVEN! ROBBIE AND SEAN PROVING ONCE AGAIN THAT THEY’RE THE BEST 4TH LINERS IN THE LEAGUE! LET’S GO!!!

-Jordan Kyrou gets a breakaway, but Elvis shuts the five-hole on him. Good solid stuff, Elvis.

-By the end of the second period, the Blues were catching up with us in shot totals. Uh oh…

-Ivan Barbashev scores from a shot from the point. I hate life.

-JAKE NEIGHBOURS SCORES 20 SECONDS LATER. F*CK THIS. WHAT THE F*CK IS THE MAJOR MALFUNCTION HERE? ALL THIS ADDING IN THE OFF-SEASON, AND THE TEAM IS SOMEHOW EVEN WORSE THAN IT WAS LAST YEAR. WE HAVE GIVEN UP FOURTEEN GOALS AND A -9 GOAL DIFFERENTIAL IN T H R E E G A M E S . I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH. IT IS ABSOLUTELY F*CKING PATHETIC. WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE? IS IT THE COACHING STAFF’S FAULT? DO WE NEED TO BRING IN MORE DEFENSEMEN? DO WE NEED TO TRADE SOMEBODY!? WHAT THE F*CK!????

THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF TO HELP IS TO SWITCH AROUND THE DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS. F*CK IT: GAVRIKOV AND WERENSKI ON THE TOP PAIRING, BOQVIST ON THE THIRD, SEND JAKE BEAN TO THE SEVENTH CIRCLE OF LUCIFER’S *SSHOLE FOR ALL I CARE, THAT BALD MANLET BEHIND THE BENCH IS DEAD TO ME - I REPEAT: DEAD. TO. ME. - IF HE ROLLS OUT THAT DEFENSIVE LINEUP AGAIN.

WE ARE THREE GAMES INTO THE YEAR AND I’M ALREADY LOSING MY SANITY. PLEASE SEND HELP.

post-script: I now realize after sleeping on it for a night that I was slightly overreacting, but I am correct in the assumption that we really need some defensive help. There have been rumors flying around ACGM that Damon Severson is looking to stay in New Jersey, which that alongside Dougie Hamilton and the upcoming Simon Nemec on the right side makes the perfect window to trade for John Marino. If Marino doesn’t work, Connor Murphy is available in Chicago. Just something, ANYTHING that can help. Please.

TLDR
What Gudbranson does to a man
NoVaSpartan, Bobcat205, justaBoss and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 9:57 a.m.
torontos finest

bet on the coyotes
A_Habs_fan, NoVaSpartan, yikes and 3 others liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 10:01 a.m.
Quoting: mondo

bet on the coyotes

Leafs seem to have the most trap games lol where they lose against a team they have no business to
Oct. 17, 2022 at 10:08 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Leafs seem to have the most trap games lol where they lose against a team they have no business to

It's like watching Urban Meyer all those years at Ohio State, They overlook every easy opponent and then blow out the eventually president's trophy winner
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 11:43 a.m.
cautious optimism
peep the new profile picture

should i keep it
Oct. 17, 2022 at 11:52 a.m.
I make typos
Quoting: Bobcat205
peep the new profile picture

should i keep it

are you sad? if not then no
Oct. 17, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
cautious optimism
Quoting: oilersguy
are you sad? if not then no

for now, i am sad

if we start winning again, i will no longer be sad

(and also i think this picture is funny)
oilersguy, capsfan2121, justaBoss and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 11:57 a.m.
Two games in and the isles have a great offense. Thanks lane!

NoVaSpartan, capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 17, 2022 at 12:27 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Db1899
Two games in and the isles have a great offense. Thanks lane!

Must be nice
Db1899 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll