SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #3: The Toronto Maple LTI's

Oct. 18, 2022 at 10:56 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Db1899
The best thing that could happen to the sharks is to keep losing , get a top 5 pick and be forced to trade Meier. Build around Eklund, bordeleau, one of Bedard/Mitchkov/Fanitilli

If the Sharks call up Eklund/ Bords I’m going to scream.
There is no reason to wonder why the team stinks.

I mean I swear; if they waste these young (Eklund/ Bords/ Merkley/ Robins etc) kids time by playing yo-yo with them it’ll be infuriating.

The Cuda are so fun to watch - if they rip these guys apart it’s counterintuitive. I’m all good watching AHL San Jose and waiting for a franchise player.
Db1899 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 18, 2022 at 11:02 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: yikes
I’m on;

Sens
Stars
(Woulda been Wild too but 🥶🥶🥶🥶)

That hit tho

I miss Lybushkin sometimes
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 18, 2022 at 11:06 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

JBITBPITNHL
zk97 liked this.
Oct. 18, 2022 at 11:12 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: Devil

JBITBPITNHL

Are you Bratt Pack?
Oct. 18, 2022 at 11:25 p.m.
Some fantastic series and a rivalry of the past. Always worth tuning in. Down the line I hope the games get that atmosphere the Sens had tonight. Thompson vs Brady, Dahlin/ Power vs Chabot/ Sanderson, both strong vets in net with good young goalies. Ottawas got a little more firepower I think but that doesn’t mean **** realistically until you see what happens.

Yea, this sabres defense is fast as well. Doing well keeping up with Edmonton tonight. Big minutes for Dahls, Power and Samuelsson...almost like there are rolling out the Tampa style defense.
Oct. 18, 2022 at 11:26 p.m.
I’m on;

Sens
Stars
(Woulda been Wild too but 🥶🥶🥶🥶)

That hit tho

Holloway still isn't back sadly, otherwise great hit
Oct. 18, 2022 at 11:35 p.m.
Dahlin has 4.3 shots per game right now...13 shots in 3 games not over yet. Could we see him get 30+ goals? He has all the tools to do so.
zk97 liked this.
Oct. 18, 2022 at 11:55 p.m.
Quoting: Db1899
Imagine healthy scratching Wahlstrom

Lol, almost as bad as this little tustle🤣👇

Quoting: capsfan2121
ovi with a four point night yesterday. mojo is doing stuff again. i think its 2016-2017

mr game 7 is signing with the canes again.
Quoting: DucharmetheDOMinator
Where'd you get that Williams is going to Carolina?
me
Well. Now I know it's false.
you got roasted today
That's your only comeback, eh?

Btw, take your time when reading and responding.
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 12:05 a.m.
I make typos
there is absolutely nothing worst then when you have a crappy day and u use the fact that your team is playing against a team they should beat to get through the day but they lose in disappointing fashion, and to top it off the teams young promising rookie who already has had injury issues maybe injured.

the Oilers need to get better defensive like right now, I am talking about trading good prospects and high picks for a solid dman that can really move the needle more trading for depth dmen, the forward group is good and consider our best prospects are at forward not a priority, and goalie is ok and would be better with better defense

on the bright side though I pulled a JJ Peterka young guns a couple days ago so I hope he keeps scoring
Brian2016, zk97, BuFfaLOFaN and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 3:29 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Predictions for tonight:
ANA 5-0 NJD
BOS 2-3 OTT (OT)
VAN 2-3 CBJ
PHI 3-6 TBL
SJS 4-6 NYI
BUF 4-3 EDM
VGK 5-2 CGY
LAK 3-0 NSH

5 out of 8 winners correct
zk97 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 5:46 a.m.
WentWughes
sens are the most likable team i think

if your team sucks. watch a sens game.

Not enough Canadians, sorry
Oct. 19, 2022 at 6:32 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Edited Oct. 19, 2022 at 6:39 a.m.
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Dahlin has 4.3 shots per game right now...13 shots in 3 games not over yet. Could we see him get 30+ goals? He has all the tools to do so.

Was Mike Green the last defensemen to do so?

Nobody gives him love.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 8:59 a.m.
cautious optimism
Bobcat's Post-Game Notes, Game 4

Jackets win, 4-3 in overtime over the Vancouver Canucks.

-Thankfully, Lars switched up the defensive pairings. Werenski and Peeke was our first pairing (as the fanbase had been screaming about since last season ended, Guddy with Gavi, and the season debut of Nick Blankenburg alongside Jake Bean. Let's see how this turns out.

-...We gave up a shorthanded goal. To one of the worst penalty kill squads in the league right now. Ugh.

-Elias Petterson scores off a bad bounce off the boards. Not much Elvis could really do there. It's now 2-0. Bad luck.

-LUKE SCHENN! MATHIEU OLIVIER! LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Schenn controlled the fight for the duration, but Ollie got the takedown to end it. I'd call that a draw.

-I have gained a new-found respect for Nick Blankenburg. For such a small guy, he really likes to throw the body around. First he gets Dakota Joshua along the boards (and draws the roughing minor that lead to the SHG), but now he absolutely FLATTENS Vasily Podkolzin. I love him, your honor.

-Yegor, to Vladdy, to Danforth, tic, tac, toe right behind Spencer Martin! We're back to within one! After the 2-0 goal, i was about to start losing my patience, but then i remembered we're playing a team that has had 3 multi-goal leads so far and blown all of them, so i held out hope.

-THE ZACK ATTACK IS ON! ZACH WERENSKI TIES US UP!! LET'S F*CKING GO!

-...Uh oh. Bo Horvat scores his second of the game right through Elvis's five-hole. 3-2. We have to get going again, and fast.

-JOHNATHAN ICE HOCKEY TIES THE GAME BACK UP AGAIN WITH THE SMOOTHEST WRAPAROUND I HAVE EVER SEEN. WE'RE GOING TO OVERTIME!!

-Voracek steals the puck from Hoglander, runs up the ice, passes to Chinny, who passes to Gavi on a 2-on-1 who BURIES IT behind Martin to end the game off on a high note! That's our first win of the season!

what a game!
zk97 liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 9:01 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: Bobcat205
Bobcat's Post-Game Notes, Game 4

Jackets win, 4-3 in overtime over the Vancouver Canucks.

-Thankfully, Lars switched up the defensive pairings. Werenski and Peeke was our first pairing (as the fanbase had been screaming about since last season ended, Guddy with Gavi, and the season debut of Nick Blankenburg alongside Jake Bean. Let's see how this turns out.

-...We gave up a shorthanded goal. To one of the worst penalty kill squads in the league right now. Ugh.

-Elias Petterson scores off a bad bounce off the boards. Not much Elvis could really do there. It's now 2-0. Bad luck.

-LUKE SCHENN! MATHIEU OLIVIER! LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Schenn controlled the fight for the duration, but Ollie got the takedown to end it. I'd call that a draw.

-I have gained a new-found respect for Nick Blankenburg. For such a small guy, he really likes to throw the body around. First he gets Dakota Joshua along the boards (and draws the roughing minor that lead to the SHG), but now he absolutely FLATTENS Vasily Podkolzin. I love him, your honor.

-Yegor, to Vladdy, to Danforth, tic, tac, toe right behind Spencer Martin! We're back to within one! After the 2-0 goal, i was about to start losing my patience, but then i remembered we're playing a team that has had 3 multi-goal leads so far and blown all of them, so i held out hope.

-THE ZACK ATTACK IS ON! ZACH WERENSKI TIES US UP!! LET'S F*CKING GO!

-...Uh oh. Bo Horvat scores his second of the game right through Elvis's five-hole. 3-2. We have to get going again, and fast.

-JOHNATHAN ICE HOCKEY TIES THE GAME BACK UP AGAIN WITH THE SMOOTHEST WRAPAROUND I HAVE EVER SEEN. WE'RE GOING TO OVERTIME!!

-Voracek steals the puck from Hoglander, runs up the ice, passes to Chinny, who passes to Gavi on a 2-on-1 who BURIES IT behind Martin to end the game off on a high note! That's our first win of the season!

what a game!

Vancouver should be filing for several tax write-offs with the Charity wins they've given Edmonton, Washington, Columbus, and Philadelphia this year. Bruce must continue his practice for the playoffs (or is this just reliving the glory days for BBQ Bruce?)
A_Habs_fan, Bobcat205, zk97 and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 9:02 a.m.
Was Mike Green the last defensemen to do so?

Nobody gives him love.

Yes, and there have only been 17 all time.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 9:03 a.m.
Quoting: oilersguy
there is absolutely nothing worst then when you have a crappy day and u use the fact that your team is playing against a team they should beat to get through the day but they lose in disappointing fashion, and to top it off the teams young promising rookie who already has had injury issues maybe injured.

the Oilers need to get better defensive like right now, I am talking about trading good prospects and high picks for a solid dman that can really move the needle more trading for depth dmen, the forward group is good and consider our best prospects are at forward not a priority, and goalie is ok and would be better with better defense

on the bright side though I pulled a JJ Peterka young guns a couple days ago so I hope he keeps scoring

that was a HARD hit, feel bad for Holloway. I kind of figured the sabres would win that one, idk why...gut feeling but there defense is fast and Dahlin is so good.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 9:07 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
5 out of 8 winners correct

Nice!

Ill go home team wins each game tonight so
FLA over PHI 5-3.
COL over WPG 3-1
and SEA over STL 5-4OT looking for a Beniers OT winner.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 9:15 a.m.
Shane Wright through 4 NHL games, has played 12minutes has 1 shot and has been a healthy scratch 2x.
zk97, capsfan2121, AndrewLadd and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 9:16 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Shane Wright through 4 NHL games, has played 12minutes has 1 shot and has been a healthy scratch 2x.

Dave Hakstol, ladies and gentlemen.

How did Seattle settle on him as coach? That decision still puzzles me
Db1899, AndrewLadd and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 9:24 a.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Dave Hakstol, ladies and gentlemen.

How did Seattle settle on him as coach? That decision still puzzles me

I mean i haven't watched Wright this year...is he NHL ready? Slafkovsky has looked OK in the games i have watched. Not a dominant force but also like he can get accustomed and be able to maybe put up a decent second half of the year if he can keep his confidence high. I think he would definitely be better off in the AHL, same with Wright.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 9:26 a.m.
WentWughes

It was the overall fit and what the organization is building to," Wright said. "They are a new team, so they don't have as many prospects in the system as some other teams do. I feel it'll just give me a lot more opportunities stepping in to make a difference right away. The potential ability to be part of a situation and be a building block and a huge piece in their team and the organization for the future was something that really excited me. Now that it finally worked out this way, I couldn't be happier."

He's definitely eating those words
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 9:54 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
It was the overall fit and what the organization is building to," Wright said. "They are a new team, so they don't have as many prospects in the system as some other teams do. I feel it'll just give me a lot more opportunities stepping in to make a difference right away. The potential ability to be part of a situation and be a building block and a huge piece in their team and the organization for the future was something that really excited me. Now that it finally worked out this way, I couldn't be happier."

He's definitely eating those words

i mean, i am not surprised at all with this. he was way to cocky draft day for my taste.
capsfan2121 and Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 9:59 a.m.
Kansler
i mean, i am not surprised at all with this. he was way to cocky draft day for my taste.

He reminds me off that QB at that movie "Draftday?" With Kevin Costner. Arrogant bast***, who might be a bust.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 9:59 a.m.
WentWughes

Yep that's why he fell to 4th, he was terrible in the draft interviews (apparently). I doubt Seattle even interviewed him
Oct. 19, 2022 at 10:06 a.m.
Quoting: HelmutCool
He reminds me off that QB at that movie "Draftday?" With Kevin Costner. Arrogant bast***, who might be a bust.

Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Yep that's why he fell to 4th, he was terrible in the draft interviews (apparently). I doubt Seattle even interviewed him

Nail Yakupov. He was horrible in draft interviews, pretty arrogant as well i guess. Hard to be entitled when you haven't played a game.
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll