SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Vancouver Canucks Team Discussion

May 28, 2017 at 2:36 a.m.
I've been noticing quite some people around the Nucks thread, so perhaps this is where we could all share our thoughts on the Canucks in the draft/FA/offseason/trades and lineups and whatnot. I'll start this place off by just saying that Olli Juolevi is more than fit to play in the NHL, and should start the year playing with the experienced, smooth Tanev. Anyone agree?
May 28, 2017 at 8:16 a.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: DavidBooth7
I've been noticing quite some people around the Nucks thread, so perhaps this is where we could all share our thoughts on the Canucks in the draft/FA/offseason/trades and lineups and whatnot. I'll start this place off by just saying that Olli Juolevi is more than fit to play in the NHL, and should start the year playing with the experienced, smooth Tanev. Anyone agree?

Agree, I would be shocked if Juolevi doesn't start the year off with Vancouver.
May 28, 2017 at 8:31 a.m.
Juolevi still needs to add more muscle to his body. 9 games and back to the Knights.
May 28, 2017 at 9:31 a.m.
Quoting: PrisonBull
Juolevi still needs to add more muscle to his body. 9 games and back to the Knights.

He is 6'2 and 180 pounds...I mean, just because Marner is small too doesn't mean he had to return yet again to London. Playing Juolevi in London doesn't really help his development IMO, it's time he takes a step forward. Pair him up with Tanev to cover for him, and he should be more than fine.
May 28, 2017 at 8:10 p.m.
Heard JB isn't shopping Tanev or Edler...I don't think it's him, more ownership, but whoever it is has to accept the rebuild and go with it. Not saying they should accept the first offer on those guys, but JB should be shopping them around to see what's the maximum on a possible return
May 29, 2017 at 1:56 p.m.
Heard JB isn't shopping Tanev or Edler...I don't think it's him, more ownership, but whoever it is has to accept the rebuild and go with it. Not saying they should accept the first offer on those guys, but JB should be shopping them around to see what's the maximum on a possible return

GMJB is for sure shopping him (Taking calls is shopping) A deal probably will happen after the expansion draft to see how teams shake out. If ownership allowed the movement of burrows/hansen anything is possible now. Especially in the case of Edler. I feel like the return will be fairly decent for both Edler and Tanev. AV seemed to get the best out of Edler so maybe a move to the big apple? Maybe a move to DAL to play with WC d partner who knows but with the expansion draft this year is gearing up to an exciting offseason.
May 29, 2017 at 7:59 p.m.

If Juolevi turns out to be a solid 4th/5th defenseman Will he be called a bust? Considering how high he was drafted
May 29, 2017 at 9:43 p.m.
Quoting: Sahil2020

If Juolevi turns out to be a solid 4th/5th defenseman Will he be called a bust? Considering how high he was drafted

The expectation is a top 2 dman, so hopefully 4 or 5 isn't where he ends up being. I would say that is a bust if he falls up short of anything but quality top 4 material
May 29, 2017 at 9:44 p.m.
Quoting: playercoachreggiedunlop

GMJB is for sure shopping him (Taking calls is shopping) A deal probably will happen after the expansion draft to see how teams shake out. If ownership allowed the movement of burrows/hansen anything is possible now. Especially in the case of Edler. I feel like the return will be fairly decent for both Edler and Tanev. AV seemed to get the best out of Edler so maybe a move to the big apple? Maybe a move to DAL to play with WC d partner who knows but with the expansion draft this year is gearing up to an exciting offseason.

I was referring more so to this: http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/ben-kuzma-rebuilding-canucks-wont-shop-miller-tanev-or-edler
Jun. 1, 2017 at 7:06 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

Edler has made it clear that he wants to stay in Vancouver for the last two years of his contract and with a no-trade and his contract, I doubt he will be going anywhere. Tanev could move, but it would likely be before July 1 when his no-trade kicks in.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 8:17 p.m.
Quoting: TonyStrecher

Edler has made it clear that he wants to stay in Vancouver for the last two years of his contract and with a no-trade and his contract, I doubt he will be going anywhere. Tanev could move, but it would likely be before July 1 when his no-trade kicks in.

I mean, Hansen said the same...it'll be interesting to see what happens. Trading him at this years deadline will be the highest value they will get for him though, as he would still be locked up for another year (and its the deadline, everything is overvalued then lol). If the Canucks retain, his value goes up further. It would be smart to find a good deal this deadline, but it depends on a number of factors
Jun. 2, 2017 at 1:09 a.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

I mean, Hansen said the same...it'll be interesting to see what happens. Trading him at this years deadline will be the highest value they will get for him though, as he would still be locked up for another year (and its the deadline, everything is overvalued then lol). If the Canucks retain, his value goes up further. It would be smart to find a good deal this deadline, but it depends on a number of factors

I'm a bit confused, are you talking about Edler or Tanev?
Jun. 2, 2017 at 1:16 a.m.

I'm a bit confused, are you talking about Edler or Tanev?

Oops my bad, I was referring to Edler, but they should definetly be looking to move Tanev for a big forward return, they could easily get a good deal for a top pairing RHD
Jun. 2, 2017 at 8:50 p.m.
Holy smokes...if the rumours are true, Tanev is being used as a trade bait for the third overall pick...what do you guys think about that?
Jun. 5, 2017 at 5:29 a.m.

He is 6'2 and 180 pounds...I mean, just because Marner is small too doesn't mean he had to return yet again to London. Playing Juolevi in London doesn't really help his development IMO, it's time he takes a step forward. Pair him up with Tanev to cover for him, and he should be more than fine.
And Ryan Miller is 6'2 168 pounds. What's your point?

Holy smokes...if the rumours are true, Tanev is being used as a trade bait for the third overall pick...what do you guys think about that?
Absolutely a good thing as long as the deal makes sense (lopsided in favour of the Canucks in assets returning). And as long as we don't waste a pick on Mittlestadt or Liljegren. Vilardi & Glass please or trade down and take a gamble on Makar.
Jun. 6, 2017 at 1:35 p.m.

I predicted that like a month and a half ago. I would take that deal for sure. Tanev is great, don't get me wrong, I love him but the third overall pick is nothing to scoff at. Vancouver with two top five picks would be amazing, sign me up for the rebuild! I think if Benning made a splash like that he would look pretty impressive too.
Jun. 7, 2017 at 2:54 a.m.
Quoting: ErikJohannsen

I predicted that like a month and a half ago. I would take that deal for sure. Tanev is great, don't get me wrong, I love him but the third overall pick is nothing to scoff at. Vancouver with two top five picks would be amazing, sign me up for the rebuild! I think if Benning made a splash like that he would look pretty impressive too.

I wonder if #3 + #33 = #2
Jun. 7, 2017 at 3:10 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: ErikJohannsen

Highly doubt Philly would give up their #2 pick for that.
Jun. 8, 2017 at 8:07 a.m.
Quoting: DarylthePony

Nolan Patrick has already slid out of the #1 spot in many people's minds. Assuming Hischier goes 1OA, is it out of the realm of possibility that Patrick slips to 3OA or worse?
Jun. 8, 2017 at 3:13 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: DarylthePony

Nolan Patrick has already slid out of the #1 spot in many people's minds. Assuming Hischier goes 1OA, is it out of the realm of possibility that Patrick slips to 3OA or worse?

No way Patrick get taken anywhere less than 2nd. Top two picks will go: Patrick, Hischier: or Hischier, Patrick.
Jun. 8, 2017 at 11:12 p.m.
I feel the Canucks a) will not be able to move up in the draft regardless, but b) will still be getting a solid player at 5 OA. While it's not Patrick or Hischier, guys like Vilardi, Rasmussen, Glass, Makar, Tippet, Mittelsdat, Meiskanen...out of those 7 names, 5 will be available by the time the Canucks pick. I have a feeling that Stars will pick up a center, with the Avs possibly taking a D. That still leaves plenty of options to choose from
Jun. 11, 2017 at 12:22 a.m.
Seems to be a bit of smoke in New jersey that they are looking at dropping down to take a defenseman. Vancouver has been mentioned in the media with 5OA + 55OA going to NJD and the 1OA + (Insert contract: such as Ryan Clowe or Greene) going to the Canucks.
Jun. 11, 2017 at 2:00 a.m.
Seems to be a bit of smoke in New jersey that they are looking at dropping down to take a defenseman. Vancouver has been mentioned in the media with 5OA + 55OA going to NJD and the 1OA + (Insert contract: such as Ryan Clowe or Greene) going to the Canucks.

I've heard those rumours too. Yet, I don't feel as though that'll happen. New Jersey doesn't have any cap issues, so they don't even need to move Clowe or Greene. And the difference between the top 2 and the next 10 available that follow is quite a bit IMO. Only a 2nd in addition would really do it? Possible, we'll see what happens but I have my doubts
Jun. 11, 2017 at 7:05 a.m.
DtP thinks Philly wouldn't take #3 + #33 for the #2 pick yet Friedman thinks #5 + #55 = #1...
Jun. 11, 2017 at 12:51 p.m.
Any ideas as to what they should give Gudbranson for his new contract, yet also what you guys think JB and TL will give?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll