Forums/Armchair-GM

Flames Trade Deadline Moves

Created by: KingofRnR
Team: 2022-23 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 19, 2022
Published: Oct. 19, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Flames are projected to accumulated $6,051,776 in Cap Space by the Deadline, so I increased the Salary Cap to reflect & include this projected available Cap Space

I see this as being a group Sutter would be extremely happy coaching, hoping he can get both Domi & Beauvillier back to the top of their games

The Taxi Squad is a group of additional Players available for the Playoff Run
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Sutter, Brett
1$750,000
Trades
CGY
  1. Domi, Max
  2. Johnson, Jack
  3. Kane, Patrick ($5,250,000 retained)
  4. 2023 5th round pick (CHI)
  5. 2025 4th round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
Assuming Kane picks CGY as his preferred destination and Treliving is able to avoid having to offer Pelletier, Zary or Coronato since CHI has less leverage given it's Kane who holds all the cards here
CHI
  1. Emilio Pettersen, Mathias
  2. Mackey, Connor
  3. Phillips, Matthew
  4. Pospisil, Martin
  5. Ruzicka, Adam
  6. 2023 1st round pick (CGY)
  7. 2023 2nd round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
Mackey, Ruzicka & Phillips are all Young NHL Ready Prospects.
Pettersen & Pospisil are very close as well. Mackey, a product of Illinois, can play both LD & RD if needed
CGY
  1. Beauvillier, Anthony ($2,075,000 retained)
  2. Mayfield, Scott
  3. 2024 5th round pick (NYI)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$88,551,786$70,537,500$0$200,000$18,014,286

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$5,900,000$5,900,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
-$2,625,000-$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the New York Islanders
$2,075,000$2,075,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Islanders
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 19, 2022 at 3:50 p.m.
Lol the isles wouldn’t even consider that trade
Not_Isles5513 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 3:55 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Db1899
Lol the isles wouldn’t even consider that trade

That package wouldn’t get then Mayfield or Beau without retention. Asking for both is ridiculous.

Meanwhile this dude wants to get Beau “back to the top of his game” but wants him on the flames fourth line? This dude can **** right off lmao.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 3:56 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
You have to offer real prospects to get Kane. Same would go for Beau and Mayfield if NY traded them. What a ****ing joke!
ChiHawk and OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 3:56 p.m.
Be Constructive
I did not even check the value, you cannot change this much a team at the deadline by adding a whole Offensive Line and hope to keep your team chemistry... It is not what Calgary need to win the Cup
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 4:04 p.m.
Quantity doesn't equal quality, Hawk pass. Zary or Coronato plus is the starting point for Kane
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 4:09 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Quantity doesn't equal quality, Hawk pass. Zary or Coronato plus is the starting point for Kane

I am all for getting Connor Mackey though. He went to the same High School as me!
OldNYIfan and KingofRnR liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 4:28 p.m.
RnR strikes again!! There is not a prospect involved in any of those trades that would interest any team in the league to move high end assets.
OldNYIfan, ChiHawk, SociallyHawkward and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 4:36 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Kylington, whose value must be minimal since you trade him in 95% of your ACGMs, isn't worth Beauvillier any more than he's worth Trevor Moore. The rest of that package might be worth Mayfield and the fifth if the Islanders can't re-sign him.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 6:34 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: yycofred
RnR strikes again!! There is not a prospect involved in any of those trades that would interest any team in the league to move high end assets.

The Hate that emanates from you is absolutely Hilarious. I'm obviously renting space in your head for free and I'm dug in so deep under your skin I can see it bothers you.

You're not a Flames Fan, you don't even know their Prospects or their Worth. Just because Sutter refuses to use these guys, doesn't mean they wouldn't easily be NHL'ers on most other Teams
Oct. 19, 2022 at 6:43 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Isles5513
That package wouldn’t get then Mayfield or Beau without retention. Asking for both is ridiculous.

Meanwhile this dude wants to get Beau “back to the top of his game” but wants him on the flames fourth line? This dude can **** right off lmao.

Not my fault you don't know these players or their values and choose to classify lines simply by numbers, instead of their roles

I don't see the Islanders making the Playoffs yet again this season and so they should be moving players for assets.

Mayfield is a 3rd Pairing D-Man and Pending UFA = Rental. The best you can hope for is a late 2nd, which is essentially what Anaheim got for Manson. If Mayfield wants to re-sign and go back to the Islanders in the off-season, so be it, but the Islanders would be dumb to not get anything for renting him out.

Kylington = Beauvillier 50% retained for 1 season. I compensated for the retention on the next season by sending Meloche who is an Excellent & Experienced RD RFA Prospect, who would make most NHL Teams as well. Rooney was included as a replacement player, but CGY could certainly ship him out elsewhere for the 5th should they need/choose too, no problem.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 6:52 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: KingofRnR
Not my fault you don't know these players or their values and choose to classify lines simply by numbers, instead of their roles

I don't see the Islanders making the Playoffs yet again this season and so they should be moving players for assets.

Mayfield is a 3rd Pairing D-Man and Pending UFA = Rental. The best you can hope for is a late 2nd, which is essentially what Anaheim got for Manson. If Mayfield wants to re-sign and go back to the Islanders in the off-season, so be it, but the Islanders would be dumb to not get anything for renting him out.

Kylington = Beauvillier 50% retained for 1 season. I compensated for the retention on the next season by sending Meloche who is an Excellent & Experienced RD RFA Prospect, who would make most NHL Teams as well. Rooney was included as a replacement player, but CGY could certainly ship him out elsewhere for the 5th should they need/choose too, no problem.

What a joke of a reply
yycofred liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 6:53 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan

IK who klyington is lmao. Isles r set on d tho. They aren’t trading one of their most effective wingers for a guy who would be their fifth or sixth defenseman.

Also the idea Mayfield is a third pair caliber player is beyond ridiculous. Do ur research before you run your mouth. Especially if ur gonna call it out other people when u don’t know what the **** ur talking about.
yycofred liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 6:55 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
The Hate that emanates from you is absolutely Hilarious. I'm obviously renting space in your head for free and I'm dug in so deep under your skin I can see it bothers you.

You're not a Flames Fan, you don't even know their Prospects or their Worth. Just because Sutter refuses to use these guys, doesn't mean they wouldn't easily be NHL'ers on most other Teams

Guys who clear waivers aren’t prospects
yycofred liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 6:57 p.m.

"Renting space in your head for free" that just wouldn't be renting then would it?? You're career stupid eh? Not just online.

There is no hate sir, I am just a strong proponent of bullying works in situations like these! You're so backwards and the only thing funnier than your posts are when you try defend them with severe lack luster homerism!

Ruzicka, career bottom 6'er if her gets there, Phillips, career AHL'er/best case scenario Paul Byron, Mackey, 26 year old 7th D man walks to FA in two seasons, MEP, shot in the dark miracle mid 6, Pospisil 22 year old career AHL that has stayed healthy for a whopping 89 games since 2019. Which of those guys is even on the top 100 prospect radar? Most of which cleared waivers!!!! For Patrick Kane...

Read the room, I'm sure it's every single other person on here that is wrong and not you....
Oct. 19, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
TrevorA
You have to offer real prospects to get Kane. Same would go for Beau and Mayfield if NY traded them. What a ****ing joke!

P.Kane is a Rental who holds the cards as to where he will waive his NMC to go too. CHI doesn't have leverage here. They didn't with Marc Andre-Fleury either, hence why they only received a 2nd Round Pick for him WITH 50% retention on him. Giroux 50% retained essentially brought a late 1st + 2nd + 3rd. My offer of a 1st + 2nd + 2 NHL Ready Prospects + 2 More Decent Prospects is fair in comparison.

Who's to say given the opportunity, Matthew Phillips won't become a decent Top-6 NHL Player. Maybe not quite as good as DeBrincat, but a 20+ Goal Scorer for sure. Ruzicka has Great Size and can Score too. I could easily see him being a Top-6 Centre and 20+ Goal Scoring Forward as well. Petterson & Pospisil could be decent Middle-6 NHL Forwards as well. These guys simply aren't going to get the opportunity they deserve with the Flames or under Sutter, but given the opportunity elsewhere, I assure you they will surprise people. I don't see CHI Drafting better Players with their 4th & 5th Round Picks, but we can take out either or both of Petterson & Pospisil for either or both of CHI's 4th & 5th Round Picks

Domi 50% retained only returned the equivalent of a 3rd Round Pick at the Deadline. Connor Mackey is a Very Good Defensemen and would be worth Domi + Jack Johnson as a throw-in. Johnson is old and not very good anymore, hence why he only played sparingly in the playoffs last year. He's just a Big Experienced Depth Insurance D-Man for the Playoffs, since we're giving up the better RFA D-Man in Mackey
Oct. 19, 2022 at 7:05 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: ChiHawk

Coronato should be considered untouchable, so that'd be a no, as would Zary very likely

CHI has a better chance of getting Pelletier imo, but the player they should be asking for that I don't want to give up is Dillon Dube

Mackey, Ruzicka & Phillips are all NHL Ready Prospects who will succeed given the opportunity they won't get in CGY or under Sutter. They're Very Good Hockey Players & Prospects, with Excellent AHL Track Records to prove they can Produce & Contribute
Oct. 19, 2022 at 7:13 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Kylington, whose value must be minimal since you trade him in 95% of your ACGMs, isn't worth Beauvillier any more than he's worth Trevor Moore. The rest of that package might be worth Mayfield and the fifth if the Islanders can't re-sign him.

Kylington is likely worth a 1st Round Pick if not TWO 2nd Rounders minimum.

He's a Very Good Puck Moving & Mobile D-Man who can play both sides and loves to jump in to the play. His problem is that Hanifin, Andersson, Weegar & Tanev are all far much better than him, Zadorov is Bigger & Kills Penalties and Mackey & Stone are Cheaper and arguably almost as good. He's simply become dispensable now that we've acquired & re-signed Weegar long-term. He's the Clearest and Best Trade Asset CGY can make available for another Quality Forward
Oct. 19, 2022 at 7:28 p.m.
TrevorA
IK who klyington is lmao. Isles r set on d tho. They aren’t trading one of their most effective wingers for a guy who would be their fifth or sixth defenseman.

Also the idea Mayfield is a third pair caliber player is beyond ridiculous. Do ur research before you run your mouth. Especially if ur gonna call it out other people when u don’t know what the **** ur talking about.

Than you should know Kylington is a substantial improvement over Romanov & Salo, both waivers exempt and needing more time to develop.

Beauvillier has been in Trade Rumors for ages. He's really not that good for a former 1st Rounder, he's only scored 20+ Goals once in his career and only put up 12 last season. He's Young and I think he has the potential to elevate his game yet, especially on a Good Team with a Good Coach, but we're not going to pay more than he's currently worth. It's a buy low acquisition

Checking the depth charts, Mayfield is a 3rd Pairing D-Man: https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/islanders

The Guy only gets 14-17mins of Even Strength Ice-Time and 2-3mins on the PK: https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/mayfisc01.html

He's a 3rd Pairing D-Man for sure. Top-4's play 20mins+ per game

Does it make you feel good & big to swear at people and call them names? Feel free to share your opinions and discuss hockey with me, but you can leave the childish behavior out. You're not impressing anybody and come across as a frustrated, foul-mouthed, teenager. Grow Up & Clean It Up
Oct. 19, 2022 at 7:33 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Korax
I did not even check the value, you cannot change this much a team at the deadline by adding a whole Offensive Line and hope to keep your team chemistry... It is not what Calgary need to win the Cup

Thanks for the post Jenny, you're one of my favs btw grin

I hear what you're saying and would normally agree, but given the events of this summer, chemistry is already something we're currently in the process of building & working on. I'm not moving any of our corps or regulars in these Trades other than Kylington who has not been or played with the team yet this year, so i don't think it would be a big issue or much different than the changes we did last year, when we brought in 3 players at the deadline, 4 if you count McNiven, but I don't
Oct. 19, 2022 at 7:37 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Than you should know Kylington is a substantial improvement over Romanov & Salo, both waivers exempt and needing more time to develop.

Beauvillier has been in Trade Rumors for ages. He's really not that good for a former 1st Rounder, he's only scored 20+ Goals once in his career and only put up 12 last season. He's Young and I think he has the potential to elevate his game yet, especially on a Good Team with a Good Coach, but we're not going to pay more than he's currently worth. It's a buy low acquisition

Checking the depth charts, Mayfield is a 3rd Pairing D-Man: https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/islanders

The Guy only gets 14-17mins of Even Strength Ice-Time and 2-3mins on the PK: https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/mayfisc01.html

Does it make you feel good & big to swear at people and call them names? Feel free to share your opinions and discuss hockey with me, but you can leave the childish behavior out. You're not impressing anybody and come across as a frustrated, foul-mouthed, teenager. Grow Up & Clean It Up

If you honestly think the isles should send down salo or Romanov to add Kylington than ur deluding yourself.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 7:38 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan

Beuavillier’s numbers were hurt by Trotz. If you want a more accurate view of his value than you should look at his playoff numbers.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 7:38 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan

Mayfield played top four minutes for the past four seasons. Just because he’s behind Dobson and Pulock doesn’t mean he’s a third pair caliber player.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 7:40 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan

I didn’t know this site had a swear jar. The fact that you posted this makes me think you shouldn’t be calling anyone childish. This post looks like it was made by a five year old. Don’t call me out when you posted this **** on here lmao.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 7:42 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan

Isles have arguably the best defense/goaltending convo in the league. Right up there with NYR and maybe Nashville. I really don’t think you know what ur talking about here. But hey keep underrating NYI. Doesn’t impact my life. Just shows that you are ignorant and out of touch with reality.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 19, 2022 at 7:44 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan

Quoting: OldNYIfan

He wants to trade Klyington for Moore? Lol

Quoting: yycofred

This dude is something else tbh.
OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll