Forums/Armchair-GM

Top RHD Options

Created by: T0R
Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 22, 2022
Published: Oct. 22, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
These are my picks for Top 4 RHD but i will say Lilly has every chance to take that role before these men are even considered so we’ll just have to wait & see (Deals in this scenario are around The Deadline)
Trades
CHI
    Good RHD man with size & grit, Plays a good hard hitting style whilst being good defensively. Someone who adds grit whilst being an honest upgrade to the Blueline + has term
    SEA
      Similar to Murphy good D stats on more of a meh team definitely has a better linemate beside him but would probably more expensive to Acquire due to Seattle not rebuilding like Chicago
      WSH
        Nick Jensen is a phenomenal 2nd Pair D-Man but imo would only be available if Washington is out of the playoffs at the deadline which at that point is a very small chance in of itself as well as Jensen being available if that was the case
        CBJ
          This is the dream guy, Young,Good Defensively,Good Skater.Signed for decent term but most likely he is 99.999999% not available why not 100% would be CBJ have a-lot of RHD Boqvist,Blankenburg,Gudbranson then in the prospect pool Cuelemans & Jiricek (who i believe will be a Top 4 D-man very soon). There is too much roster & not enough spots he’d be expensive but imo worth it if the blood isn’t too rich
          LAK
            The Classic, Leaf fans have been here time & again looking for Matthew Alan Roy’s Services as a Top 4 RHD to pair next to Morgan Rielly & Its a similar situation to Columbus but imo it is amplified Doughty,Roy,Durzi,Walker,Clarke,Spence,Helge There is too much roster & not enough spots this is something the Kings will look at but i don’t think it’s a remote possibility but still a possibility no matter how many Kings fans disagree you know this is true someone will be traded & it most likely isn’t just one guy either
            NYI
              This is the simplest option, He is a 29yr old 6’5 Top 4 D-man making less than 1.5 Mil,Great defensively & blocks a ton of shots
              DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the OTT
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the OTT
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              Logo of the TOR
              ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
              24$82,500,000$75,039,913$212,500$0$7,460,087
              Left WingCentreRight Wing
              Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
              $950,000$950,000
              LW
              UFA - 1
              $11,640,250$11,640,250
              C
              UFA - 2
              $6,962,366$6,962,366
              RW
              UFA - 2
              $796,667$796,667
              LW, RW
              RFA - 2
              $11,000,000$11,000,000
              C, LW
              NMC
              UFA - 3
              $2,100,000$2,100,000
              RW, C, LW
              M-NTC
              UFA - 4
              $1,500,000$1,500,000
              C
              UFA - 1
              $1,000,000$1,000,000
              RW
              UFA - 1
              $2,250,000$2,250,000
              RW, LW
              UFA - 1
              $900,000$900,000
              RW, LW
              M-NTC
              UFA - 1
              $840,630$840,630
              LW, RW
              UFA - 1
              $750,000$750,000
              LW, RW
              UFA - 1
              Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
              $7,500,000$7,500,000
              LD
              NMC
              UFA - 8
              Logo of the Seattle Kraken
              $4,000,000$4,000,000
              RD
              NTC
              UFA - 3
              $1,800,000$1,800,000
              G
              UFA - 1
              $5,000,000$5,000,000
              LD/RD
              NTC
              UFA - 2
              Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
              $4,400,000$4,400,000
              RD
              M-NTC
              UFA - 4
              $750,000$750,000
              G
              UFA - 1
              $1,400,000$1,400,000
              LD
              UFA - 2
              Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
              $3,150,000$3,150,000
              RD
              UFA - 2
              Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
              $787,500$787,500
              RD
              UFA - 1
              Logo of the Washington Capitals
              $2,500,000$2,500,000
              RD
              UFA - 1
              Logo of the New York Islanders
              $1,450,000$1,450,000
              RD
              UFA - 1
              $1,400,000$1,400,000
              RD
              RFA - 2
              ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
              $10,903,000$10,903,000
              RW
              UFA - 3
              $3,500,000$3,500,000
              LW, C, RW
              M-NTC
              UFA - 1
              $2,000,000$2,000,000
              RD
              M-NTC
              UFA - 1
              $5,625,000$5,625,000
              LD
              NTC
              UFA - 2
              $750,000$750,000
              LD/RD
              UFA - 1
              $800,000$800,000
              LD
              UFA - 2
              $810,000$810,000
              LD
              UFA - 1
              $4,687,500$4,687,500
              G
              M-NTC
              UFA - 2
              $750,000$750,000
              LD/RD
              UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
              • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
              Oct. 23, 2022 at 7:25 p.m.
              LongtimeLeafsufferer
              Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
              You literally shutdown every trade proposal posted on here saying every player on other teams aren't as good as ours are. Teams with good players do trade them at times based on where they are in their competitive cycle. Perhaps I came across the wrong way ment no disrespect just gets tiering constantly hearing the sane thing when trades happen all the time and value isn't always even because one team is looking more for futures or depth.

Second I mentioned Kerfoot going the other way who costs 3.5 mill and Demelo is 3mill so I did think about the cap I always do. Next year would be the same albeit with the cap rising by 4mill but even if it was flat it would still be 500k less than Kerfoot. Also, how would Demelo me a marginal upgrade? Who else do we have besides Muzzin who plays his gritty style and isn't a hindrance to the team? And who else could we get who brings what he does for the same or less $ without gutting our farm system? I mean that whole heartedly as I can't think of anyone else. The part of this deal that I could understand ppl having issue with is the 3mill of salary cap commited to next year. For that reason I like Demelo more than t because I don't feel comfortable commiting that much future capspace to a player who may or may not fit in in our system. If you want a rental I get it and nothing wrong with that if so Dumba might be available.

Actually I thought Kerfoot was a logical candidate for trade. His 750,000 salary for the year after his 2,750,000 bonus was paid would have made him attractive to some teams.
              But Kerfoot has M NTC list. In a cap strapped league, it's really difficult to trade a player without taking equal cap back in a trade. And even if a team with cap is willing...the M NTC might come in effect. (Muzzin is a M NTC next season which might make him untradable)
              We know the Winnipeg is team with most players have listed as "no trade" team.
              Now I admit Kerfoot for DeMelo makes sense, if the Leafs feel DeMelo is a big enough improvement over Holl or Liljgren to make the move. (I don't but that is subjective). But the other factor as Leaf fan, I would hate to lose Kerfoot because if there is an injury to Matthews or Tavares, the Leafs don't have any centres with "offensive flair) to take over at 2C.
              Oct. 24, 2022 at 12:29 a.m.
              Quoting: palhal
              Actually I thought Kerfoot was a logical candidate for trade. His 750,000 salary for the year after his 2,750,000 bonus was paid would have made him attractive to some teams.
              But Kerfoot has M NTC list. In a cap strapped league, it's really difficult to trade a player without taking equal cap back in a trade. And even if a team with cap is willing...the M NTC might come in effect. (Muzzin is a M NTC next season which might make him untradable)
              We know the Winnipeg is team with most players have listed as "no trade" team.
              Now I admit Kerfoot for DeMelo makes sense, if the Leafs feel DeMelo is a big enough improvement over Holl or Liljgren to make the move. (I don't but that is subjective). But the other factor as Leaf fan, I would hate to lose Kerfoot because if there is an injury to Matthews or Tavares, the Leafs don't have any centres with "offensive flair) to take over at 2C.

Sorry for the late response it's my weekend with the kids and had to get them too sleep. In my last response I meant to write I would rather have Demelo for only 1 more year instead of committing more future capspace to someone like Murphy.

I agree Kerfoot seemed like a logical trade piece this last offseason and that's part of my point this fromt office hasn't showin the willingness to make the uncomfortable trades needed to put this team in a better spot to compete. What did the 92-93 blue jays and the 2019 raps have in common?... thwir FO made the uncomfortable trades needed to put their teams over the top. IMO MLSE cleanse house this offseason and we get a FO and coaching staff who actually hold players accountable.

Muzzin is untradable because he can't stay healthy moreso than because of his modified NTC next year IMO.

Demelo and Holl are both similar in the fact they can both play 20mins a night against the oppositions 2nd and 3rd best lines but Demelo is signed to a reasonable deal for next year whereas Holl is not and will likley cost more. Also, Demelo uses his size to his advantage more/better than Holl and this team needs that for the playoffs. I'm not talking about goons or him dropping the gloves just utilizing his size more to our advantage during on ice play. It's more about the cost certainty going forward and the fact I don't think we should be big head hunting this deadline. This isn't our year and IMO we'd be better served building up the floor/depth of this team for next years run rather than chasing big stars and Demelo fits that bill. I'm only going to bat for him for the same reasons you do for Holl and I do for Rielly.

Keefoot doesn't really have that much offensive flare but I get your point. Personally I think this core needs a shake up though. People talk about continuity with the raps different than the leafs because that core has won whereas this core hasn't made it out of the first round in 6 tries and counting. We have a good team but even you must admit we should have seen more changes by now.

To create a post please Login or Register
              Question:
              Options:
              Add Option
              Submit Poll