Forums/Armchair-GM

Post TDL

Created by: Dekes
Team: 2022-23 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 24, 2022
Published: Oct. 24, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I think so far their is little improvements to be made. Defence has been pretty solid given we have only had grzz and Carlo for 2 games each or less and mcavoy has yet to play so once the defence is at full health we can make a decision but right now the only thing I could see us addressing is acquiring another top 6 forward to stack our top 9
Trades
BOS
  1. Horvat, Bo
Additional Details:
Cap I believe works with deadline cap taking affect at this time.

3 team trade
Smith moves to Calgary and van gets a 3rd
VAN
  1. Frederic, Trent
  2. Smith, Craig
  3. 2024 1st round pick (BOS)
  4. 2025 2nd round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
So technically it’s horvat for Frederic+ 24 1st(Bos)+ 24 3rd(Cal)+ 25 2nd(Bos)
BOS
  1. 2024 4th round pick (SEA)
SEA
  1. Reilly, Mike
Additional Details:
Placeholder
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$82,316,667$0$4,650,000$183,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$2,000,000$2M)
C
NTC
UFA - 1
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,800,000$3,800,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 8
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 2
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
G
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,137,500$1,137,500
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RW, C
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 24, 2022 at 5:28 p.m.
Bruins don’t need a center.
Oct. 24, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
Change the 1st to 2023 and I'd do it. However, if the Canucks move Miller I think he'd make more sense for Boston to trade for.
Knuckl3s liked this.
Oct. 24, 2022 at 6:28 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: DefenseFirst

We will next year when Bergeron and krech are gone. Doesn’t hurt to upgrade for the future and now.

Having that top 9 would arguably be the best in the league and considering this could be the B’s last run for a bit why not make a move like this
Oct. 24, 2022 at 6:29 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: TheAlien
Change the 1st to 2023 and I'd do it. However, if the Canucks move Miller I think he'd make more sense for Boston to trade for.

Millers term scares me and due to him being under contract he will most likely cost more
Oct. 24, 2022 at 6:43 p.m.
Quoting: Dekes
Millers term scares me and due to him being under contract he will most likely cost more

Ya I get that
Oct. 24, 2022 at 6:48 p.m.
We will next year when Bergeron and krech are gone. Doesn’t hurt to upgrade for the future and now.

Having that top 9 would arguably be the best in the league and considering this could be the B’s last run for a bit why not make a move like this

Ah yes, “we.”

Krejci and Bergeron might retire, sure. Right now they’re overly set at center, so your solution is trading for a pending UFA? How does that help?
Oct. 24, 2022 at 7:47 p.m.

Might as well try to sign Horvat in FA and keep the assets then. One thing BOS doesn't need this year are centres and dmen. One thing they drastically need are prospects and draft picks. This is a bad trade for BOS
BruinsCharlies and Dekes liked this.
Oct. 24, 2022 at 8:11 p.m.
Quoting: KennyBoi
Might as well try to sign Horvat in FA and keep the assets then. One thing BOS doesn't need this year are centres and dmen. One thing they drastically need are prospects and draft picks. This is a bad trade for BOS

It's an even worse trade for Vancouver. That offer is not even close for a 27-year-old, 30 goal, two-way captain irregardless of his pending UFA status.
Oct. 25, 2022 at 4:37 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Ah yes, “we.”

Krejci and Bergeron might retire, sure. Right now they’re overly set at center, so your solution is trading for a pending UFA? How does that help?

read the first sentence and completely wanted to ignore the rest. this website isn't meant for petty little comments that are irrelevant to the topic. "we", "i", "they" whatever pro-noun the ACGM creator uses is so irrelevant.

rangers had zib, strome, chytil, goodrow all C's and they still went and acquired Copp at the TDL
carolina had Aho, Staal, Necas and Jarvis all capable of playing C and yet they still got Kotkaniemi
bruins had bergeron, krech, spooner(looked very promising at that time) still signed backes
toronto had matthews, kadri, hyman, nylander who all played C at that time. hyman took over 200 draws and nylander took over 350 and yet they still signed tavares.
vancouver had horvat, petey, gaudette(was a promising young 3C) still spent assets on miller
tampa had stamkos, gourde, point, cirelli, johnson, colton still went out their and traded for coleman and goodrow to have more versatility at C
st louis had schenn, thomas, bozak, barbashev all C's yet stil acquired o'reilly.

you see teams that want to win know they can always upgrade somewhere and since boston needs to dump 2-3 dman before they can acquire 1 i highly doubt they spend their assets there, especially with the way clifton, zboril have been playing and with the potentials of lohrei, gallagher, mast have of cracking the line-up soon

but what is 1 thing the bruins lack for the future? a 1C, what else do we lack a 1C potential prospect. now guys like zacha/ coyle could fill 2/3C spots and Beecher/ mclaughlin/ stud/ harrison/ poitras/ merkulov all have 2/3C potential but still that leaves us with a whole in a really big spot. sure ya we could take a chance that our 23 1st probably around the 24-32 mark could become a 1C but that is a big "IF" and that would also take 4+ years,well guys like mcavoy/ pastrnak/ debrusk/ carlo/ ullmark/ swayman/ lindholm/ hall/ coyle/ zacha basically our whole core for next season are in their best years and B's need to give a reason to a few of those guys why they should re-sign.

so you see not only does horvat makes us one of the deepest and strongest teams in the league this season he also provides us a future and if some chance one of our C prospects turns into 1C production level player well boom even better now we can stay competitive and with the cap potentially going up 10 mill by 24-25 and most our top guys being re-signed B's can look to acquire another top level C if need be and wow the bruins fanbase is happy for the next 5-10 years and maybe just maybe we can win a cup and that right there would keep a fanbase happy through a rebuild if that time comes.

so do you see why i prefer this horvat trade route. via trade we get an extra 3 months to negotiate and if he likes it here potentially be able to get him closer to a 7x7 rather then have to bid in UFA and more likely pay 7x 8-8.5

so do i think giving up smith(UFA and B's probably won't resign due to the fact Lysell, Mclaughlin, Merkulov, Lauko will all be pushing for a full time winger role next year), Freddy (who yes has made improvements but who's game is replaceable by much more skilled players with the same physical/defensive style in greer and beecher), a highly probable late 23 1st that doesn't help us for 3-5 years (if that's what benning asks for) and a 25 2nd that has low odds of being anything is good value for acquiring another 1C that could help win us a cup this year and somewhat replace bergeron's spot (only barkov could fully do that) for the next while is fair value. Yes i do think it is
Oct. 25, 2022 at 7:23 a.m.
read the first sentence and completely wanted to ignore the rest. this website isn't meant for petty little comments that are irrelevant to the topic. "we", "i", "they" whatever pro-noun the ACGM creator uses is so irrelevant.

rangers had zib, strome, chytil, goodrow all C's and they still went and acquired Copp at the TDL
carolina had Aho, Staal, Necas and Jarvis all capable of playing C and yet they still got Kotkaniemi
bruins had bergeron, krech, spooner(looked very promising at that time) still signed backes
toronto had matthews, kadri, hyman, nylander who all played C at that time. hyman took over 200 draws and nylander took over 350 and yet they still signed tavares.
vancouver had horvat, petey, gaudette(was a promising young 3C) still spent assets on miller
tampa had stamkos, gourde, point, cirelli, johnson, colton still went out their and traded for coleman and goodrow to have more versatility at C
st louis had schenn, thomas, bozak, barbashev all C's yet stil acquired o'reilly.

you see teams that want to win know they can always upgrade somewhere and since boston needs to dump 2-3 dman before they can acquire 1 i highly doubt they spend their assets there, especially with the way clifton, zboril have been playing and with the potentials of lohrei, gallagher, mast have of cracking the line-up soon

but what is 1 thing the bruins lack for the future? a 1C, what else do we lack a 1C potential prospect. now guys like zacha/ coyle could fill 2/3C spots and Beecher/ mclaughlin/ stud/ harrison/ poitras/ merkulov all have 2/3C potential but still that leaves us with a whole in a really big spot. sure ya we could take a chance that our 23 1st probably around the 24-32 mark could become a 1C but that is a big "IF" and that would also take 4+ years,well guys like mcavoy/ pastrnak/ debrusk/ carlo/ ullmark/ swayman/ lindholm/ hall/ coyle/ zacha basically our whole core for next season are in their best years and B's need to give a reason to a few of those guys why they should re-sign.

so you see not only does horvat makes us one of the deepest and strongest teams in the league this season he also provides us a future and if some chance one of our C prospects turns into 1C production level player well boom even better now we can stay competitive and with the cap potentially going up 10 mill by 24-25 and most our top guys being re-signed B's can look to acquire another top level C if need be and wow the bruins fanbase is happy for the next 5-10 years and maybe just maybe we can win a cup and that right there would keep a fanbase happy through a rebuild if that time comes.

so do you see why i prefer this horvat trade route. via trade we get an extra 3 months to negotiate and if he likes it here potentially be able to get him closer to a 7x7 rather then have to bid in UFA and more likely pay 7x 8-8.5

so do i think giving up smith(UFA and B's probably won't resign due to the fact Lysell, Mclaughlin, Merkulov, Lauko will all be pushing for a full time winger role next year), Freddy (who yes has made improvements but who's game is replaceable by much more skilled players with the same physical/defensive style in greer and beecher), a highly probable late 23 1st that doesn't help us for 3-5 years (if that's what benning asks for) and a 25 2nd that has low odds of being anything is good value for acquiring another 1C that could help win us a cup this year and somewhat replace bergeron's spot (only barkov could fully do that) for the next while is fair value. Yes i do think it is

You just listed a whole bunch of wingers.

BruinsCharlies liked this.
Oct. 25, 2022 at 11:58 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
You just listed a whole bunch of wingers.

Copp played 3C in winnipeg when he was moved
Kotkaniemi was montreals 3C before being moved
Backes was St Louis 1C before he moved
Tavares was 1C on the Isles before he left
Miller spent a vast majority of his minutes at C taking over 500 draws in tampa before being moved
O'Reilly was the 1C in buffalo before being traded.

the only 2 guys that played more wing the C was coleman and goodrow

that statement and the fact that you only had a 2 sentence comeback to my whole essay on why the bruins need a center further proves you literally have no valid argument and are simply arguing for the sake of arguing.
Oct. 25, 2022 at 12:18 p.m.
Copp played 3C in winnipeg when he was moved
Kotkaniemi was montreals 3C before being moved
Backes was St Louis 1C before he moved
Tavares was 1C on the Isles before he left
Miller spent a vast majority of his minutes at C taking over 500 draws in tampa before being moved
O'Reilly was the 1C in buffalo before being traded.

the only 2 guys that played more wing the C was coleman and goodrow

that statement and the fact that you only had a 2 sentence comeback to my whole essay on why the bruins need a center further proves you literally have no valid argument and are simply arguing for the sake of arguing.

And nylander. And backes. And necas. And Jarvis. And Hyman. I could go on and on but i got bored. You listed a lot of wingers that can be center, or a lot of guys that started as center, but didn’t have the skill set to play that position.

More words doesn’t make better points. Be succinct. I’ll be honest, i checked out of your “essay,” after you listed a whole bunch of wingers as centers.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll