Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/CHI) - Hillis for Beaudin

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 26, 2022 at 12:55 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: sensonfire
If Montreal wanted Beaudin, they could have claimed him off waivers 3 weeks ago for free.

Whether Beaudin is a former 1st round pick or whether Hillis is an ECHL player is completely irrelevant.

The Chicago Blackhawks win the trade.

He can now go up and down without Montreal losing him and he has potential. I'd rather a contract slot than Hillis
Saskleaf, jpsnow13 and OlegP liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 12:56 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: FanOfAllTeams
If that’s true it make no sense for MTL to have waited. At least Chicago gets a centre back

He can freely go back and forth to the AHL/NHL. Him clearing waivers increased his value
OlegP liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 12:57 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: jpsnow13
Come one Kent, trade for a stay at home RHD already!

Then take Wideman out of the line up and give PP time to Harris or even Xhekaj...

Only makes sense if we aren't trading the future. Someone for FC or a similar trade like this, not sure there's much quality out there for free though
Oct. 26, 2022 at 12:58 p.m.
Not one of those young Stan Bowman defenseman amounted to anything in Chicago
Oct. 26, 2022 at 12:59 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Jco5ta5
My thoughts exactly.

How does clearing waivers work in regards to timing. So Beaudin cleared waivers once. How long does that last or if he gets called up to NHL and then needs to be sent down to AHL again does that mean he needs to clear again? Thanks.

Might not be correct, but he can play 10 games in the NHL or spend 3p days on the roster before he has to go on waivers. Resets at the start of next season
Jco5ta5 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:05 p.m.
Banned
Placing a player on waivers is an admission by his team that said player no longer has any trade value to that team.

If nobody claims him, that player's trade value is wiped out.

Determining which team wins a trade is really that simple.

Also, I see that the Habs' fanbase is out in full force today, which probably explains why the vote is lopsided.

And why I'm being bombarded with all these comments popcorn

You're just wrong. Try admitting it sometimes or being less bias in your jargon.
KSIxSKULLS, A_Habs_fan, habitantlecolon and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:06 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Went_Wughes
You're just wrong. Try admitting it sometimes or being less bias in your jargon.

Sens fans, they've popped up this year and seems most of them don't have a sweet clue. because that's a ****e comment that will get bopped,

Player values actually go up when they clear waivers. We see it every year where a player goes unclaimed then gets traded for a late round pick
habitantlecolon liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:10 p.m.
exo2769
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Sens fans, they've popped up this year and seems most of them don't have a sweet clue. because that's a ****e comment that will get bopped,

Player values actually go up when they clear waivers. We see it every year where a player goes unclaimed then gets traded for a late round pick

Depends. Not every waive is equal. For prospects that's true because the can get proper ice time to develop further...which is what you're talking about. For larger cap hits...it's just proven dead cap
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:15 p.m.
Placing a player on waivers is an admission by his team that said player no longer has any trade value to that team.

If nobody claims him, that player's trade value is wiped out.

Determining which team wins a trade is really that simple.

Also, I see that the Habs' fanbase is out in full force today, which probably explains why the vote is lopsided.

And why I'm being bombarded with all these comments popcorn

A player can have a better trade value by having passed waivers, since he can now be assigned to the AHL for the remainder of the season and be waivers exempt for 29 days or 9 games & will not count towards their 23-man roster. The fact Beaudoin passed waivers gives flexibility to the Habs, who can now choose to have him develop a full extra year in their system at the AHL level.

If they had claimed him off waivers, they could have lost him when trying to assign him to the AHL later on.

I know it's not like that on your XBox, but that's the way it actually, truly is.
habitantlecolon and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:17 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Went_Wughes

My team isn't in this trade while your team is.

When you said I should have less bias in my jargon, it is the very definition of the pot calling the kettle back.

You're just wrong.

Try admitting it sometimes or being less biased in your jargon tears of joy
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:18 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: exo2769
Depends. Not every waive is equal. For prospects that's true because the can get proper ice time to develop further...which is what you're talking about. For larger cap hits...it's just proven dead cap

Oh I agree completely
exo2769 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:19 p.m.
sensonfire
He can now go up and down without Montreal losing him and he has potential. I'd rather a contract slot than Hillis

Contract slots don't matter until you've filled 50.

Montreal is currently at 45.

5 more to go this season.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:24 p.m.
WentWughes
Contract slots don't matter until you've filled 50.

Montreal is currently at 45.

5 more to go this season.

Fair point, but Hillis was a waste of one. Not taking on an extra one could be a huge benefit come the TD when we will be taking on futures for players
sensonfire and habitantlecolon liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: exeko123
A player can have a better trade value by having passed waivers, since he can now be assigned to the AHL for the remainder of the season and be waivers exempt for 29 days or 9 games & will not count towards their 23-man roster. The fact Beaudoin passed waivers gives flexibility to the Habs, who can now choose to have him develop a full extra year in their system at the AHL level.

If they had claimed him off waivers, they could have lost him when trying to assign him to the AHL later on.

I know it's not like that on your XBox, but that's the way it actually, truly is.

If a player clears waivers, that means he's not wanted by any of the other 31 teams.

It's not a good sign for that player's future in the NHL.

You can spin it however way you want.

But it's really not that complicated.

And I don't have a Xbox.

Be a bit more careful when making flimsy assumptions or somebody might get hurt awesome face
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
sen krak fan
MTL wins ig.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:33 p.m.
WentWughes
If a player clears waivers, that means he's not wanted by any of the other 31 teams.

And I don't have a Xbox.

Be a bit more careful when making flimsy assumptions or somebody might get hurt awesome face

Man just stop with the trolling. Him getting unclaimed on waivers means 31 other teams don't think he's an NHL defender, has nothing to do with him as a prospect. His potential doesn't disappear because teams don't claim him.
habitantlecolon and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:39 p.m.
Le patriote

the-bias-glossary.jpg

And I don't have a Xbox.

My BIAS meter just exploded and wake me up, then I understand why by looking at your poor defense. Geez you need to understand a tad more the game. Value are not always vanishing with waiver market. Teams and contracts situation like a logjam can create such dilemma ... You need to look through the nuance ... Oh and also Chicago is imploding this year, so value are no where near their target point.
KSIxSKULLS and OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 1:50 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: habitantlecolon
My BIAS meter just exploded and wake me up, then I understand why by looking at your poor defense. Geez you need to understand a tad more the game. Value are not always vanishing with waiver market. Teams and contracts situation like a logjam can create such dilemma ... You need to look through the nuance ... Oh and also Chicago is imploding this year, so value are no where near their target point.

A team with a poor defence would not be on a 4 game winning streak right now.

Geez, you need to understand the game a tad more, turn off your "bias meter" and go back to sleep.

Beaudin's value would not have vanished entirely if somebody claimed him.

Neither Montreal nor Chicago are anywhere near 50 SPCs, so there's no "logjam".

You need to look through the nuance.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 2:03 p.m.
Le patriote
A team with a poor defence would not be on a 4 game winning streak right now.

Geez, you need to understand the game a tad more, turn off your "bias meter" and go back to sleep.

Beaudin's value would not have vanished entirely if somebody claimed him.

Neither Montreal nor Chicago are anywhere near 50 SPCs, so there's no "logjam".

You need to look through the nuance.

Logjam are not always by contract limits ... you need to realize how off charts you are ...
Oct. 26, 2022 at 2:10 p.m.
sensonfire
Logjam are not always by contract limits ... you need to realize how off charts you are ...

I thought Montreal had a logjam of LDs with Edmundson, Matheson, Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj, Norlinder, Fairbrother, Struble, Hutson, etc, etc.

What are they doing trading for another LD that could have been claimed off waivers??

You need to realize how spot on I am.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 2:13 p.m.
WentWughes
I thought Montreal had a logjam of LDs with Edmundson, Matheson, Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj, Norlinder, Fairbrother, Struble, Hutson, etc, etc.

What are they doing trading for another LD that could have been claimed off waivers??

Edmundson is injured, Matheson out 8 weeks, Fairbrother out for the season, Struble in College, Hutson in college.

Not all of them are going to reach their potential, as a sens fan you should know all about prospects busting. Good to have as many as possible.
habitantlecolon and OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
sensonfire
Edited Oct. 26, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
Edmundson is injured, Matheson out 8 weeks, Fairbrother out for the season, Struble in College, Hutson in college.

Not all of them are going to reach their potential, as a sens fan you should know all about prospects busting. Good to have as many as possible.

Excuses, excuses.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
Le patriote

We need another PMD at AHL level so we can send Trudeau in junior ... Fairbrother is done for the reminder of the season ... Strubble and Hutson are at minor level and won't be ready to jump this season, so we are filling the gap!

I know you are mourning you grief on Norris season ending injury but you can't come here trying to teach the biggest fan bas of the sport ... try with Arizona or with your mayor !!
Oct. 26, 2022 at 2:26 p.m.

If a player clears waivers, that means no team wants to commit to 30 days right that moment to that player, which is entirely different from no team willing or interested to committing to that player at all.

Indeed that is not a pretty sign for a player's future, but the distinction is important. In all cases, Habs get a potential NHLer in their system (even though the likelihood of him being a quality player or having a long career are low) in exchange for a ECHLer & without taking a contract towards the 50 limit. You're the one spinning it the way you want :P
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 3:29 p.m.
sensonfire
We need another PMD at AHL level so we can send Trudeau in junior ... Fairbrother is done for the reminder of the season ... Strubble and Hutson are at minor level and won't be ready to jump this season, so we are filling the gap!

I know you are mourning you grief on Norris season ending injury but you can't come here trying to teach the biggest fan bas of the sport ... try with Arizona or with your mayor !!

That doesn't change the fact that you could have had Beaudin for free 3 weeks ago.

The injury to Norris has nothing to do with it.

And you can't come here and expect everybody to have the same opinion as you.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit