Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/CHI) - Hillis for Beaudin

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 26, 2022 at 3:34 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: exeko123
If a player clears waivers, that means no team wants to commit to 30 days right that moment to that player, which is entirely different from no team willing or interested to committing to that player at all.

Indeed that is not a pretty sign for a player's future, but the distinction is important. In all cases, Habs get a potential NHLer in their system (even though the likelihood of him being a quality player or having a long career are low) in exchange for a ECHLer & without taking a contract towards the 50 limit. You're the one spinning it the way you want :P

So, basically, Montreal is so unsure about making a commitment to Beaudin for just 1 month that they won't even claim him off waivers.

Good to know.

And Montreal is nowhere near the 50 contract limit.

They need to acquire 5 more to reach it.

Spinning this isn't even necessary because it's fact.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: sensonfire
That doesn't change the fact that you could have had Beaudin for free 3 weeks ago.

The injury to Norris has nothing to do with it.

And you can't come here and expect everybody to have the same opinion as you.

We couldn't have him in Laval for free, that's the big thing. and that extra contract spot is always nice
Oct. 26, 2022 at 3:42 p.m.
Le patriote
That doesn't change the fact that you could have had Beaudin for free 3 weeks ago.

The injury to Norris has nothing to do with it.

And you can't come here and expect everybody to have the same opinion as you.

i'm not expecting anything from you cuz everyone here know you are off on the subject. Mind you business now ...
Oct. 26, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
We couldn't have him in Laval for free, that's the big thing. and that extra contract spot is always nice

As a 1st round pick from 4 years ago, he should be in the NHL by now.

But he's not because he doesn't have any value.

And contract spots are a dime a dozen if you're only at 45 SPCs.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 3:51 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: habitantlecolon
i'm not expecting anything from you cuz everyone here know you are off on the subject. Mind you business now ...

I'm the only person that doesn't subscribe to the conventional wisdom of a single fanbase.

Unlike you, so I don't expect anything that is "outside the box" from you.

And I'm a user on Capfriendly, so when a trade is announced here, it is my business.

Welcome to reality.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 3:55 p.m.
Le patriote
I'm the only person that doesn't subscribe to the conventional wisdom of a single fanbase.

Unlike you, so I don't expect anything that is "outside the box" from you.

And I'm a user on Capfriendly, so when a trade is announced here, it is my business.

Welcome to reality.

Even a Rangers fan was alright with the assumption ... !! And only 3 person are thinking that Hawks win the trade ... so take that perspective that you may be really off here.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 4:12 p.m.
WentWughes
As a 1st round pick from 4 years ago, he should be in the NHL by now.

But he's not because he doesn't have any value.

And contract spots are a dime a dozen if you're only at 45 SPCs.

He's also a 23 YO defender, no different than goalies, most take longer to develop into full time players. He's definitely been a bust considered where was taken in the draft, but he still has NHL potential.

Also those 5 contract slots are good for FA College/Junior players and taking bad contracts at the TD
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 4:24 p.m.
sensonfire
Even a Rangers fan was alright with the assumption ... !! And only 3 person are thinking that Hawks win the trade ... so take that perspective that you may be really off here.

1. To each his own.

2. Only 3 people think that the Hawks win the trade because the vast majority in this thread and in the vote are Habs fans.

It shouldn't surprise you.

3. If your perspective is that everybody who disagrees with you or the conventional wisdom is wrong, then that's too bad.

I pity you.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 4:48 p.m.
Le patriote
1. To each his own.

2. Only 3 people think that the Hawks win the trade because the vast majority in this thread and in the vote are Habs fans.

It shouldn't surprise you.

3. If your perspective is that everybody who disagrees with you or the conventional wisdom is wrong, then that's too bad.

I pity you.

so are you saying that everyone not named you are wrong ?? Cuz here i return you your comment wink !
Oct. 26, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Edited Oct. 26, 2022 at 5:12 p.m.
Placing a player on waivers is an admission by his team that said player no longer has any trade value to that team.

If nobody claims him, that player's trade value is wiped out.

Determining which team wins a trade is really that simple.

Also, I see that the Habs' fanbase is out in full force today, which probably explains why the vote is lopsided.

And why I'm being bombarded with all these comments popcorn

Sorry but you are just plain wrong on this. It has nothing to do with Habs fanbase. It has to do with the CBA.

Getting Beaudin through waivers adds a contract and forces the team to keep him in the NHL.
-vs-
Getting him for an ECHL player in a trade frees up a contract spot and allows to send him straight to Laval without going throught waivers again.

2 facts giving more value for MTL.

The world would be a better place if people told they are wrong wouldn't take it so personnal, like if a secret group had a secret agenda against them....Maybe other people just understand stuff you haven't yet. Learn and move on. No need to fight back with empty accusations. It doesn't make you right.
OldNYIfan and habitantlecolon liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 5:38 p.m.
sensonfire
Edited Oct. 26, 2022 at 5:44 p.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13
Sorry but you are just plain wrong on this. It has nothing to do with Habs fanbase. It has to do with the CBA.

Getting Beaudin through waivers adds a contract and forces the team to keep him in the NHL.
-vs-
Getting him for an ECHL player in a trade frees up a contract spot and allows to send him straight to Laval without going throught waivers again.

The world would be a better place if people told they are wrong wouldn't take it so personnal, like if a secret group had a secret agenda against them....Maybe other people just understand stuff you haven't yet. Learn and move on. No need to fight back with empty accusations. It doesn't make you right.

If getting Beaudin through waivers was bad, then the same can be said about Rem Pitlick.

It added a contract and forced Montreal to keep Pitlick in the NHL.

Why couldn't Montreal just pick up the phone and ask Minnesota if they could have Pitlick for future considerations or something?

Waivers is like the Island of Misfit Toys for NHL players.

Unless they get claimed, they aren't wanted.

That's why it can be argued that players like Cameron Hillis who are waivers exempt have more value than those that don't.

They don't need to be sent to the Island of Misfit Toys to play hockey again.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 7:16 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
My BIAS meter just exploded and wake me up, then I understand why by looking at your poor defense. Geez you need to understand a tad more the game. Value are not always vanishing with waiver market. Teams and contracts situation like a logjam can create such dilemma ... You need to look through the nuance ... Oh and also Chicago is imploding this year, so value are no where near their target point.

To your point: Adam Henrique was on waivers last season . . . and cleared.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 7:32 p.m.
You know nothing JS
If getting Beaudin through waivers was bad, then the same can be said about Rem Pitlick.

It added a contract and forced Montreal to keep Pitlick in the NHL.

Why couldn't Montreal just pick up the phone and ask Minnesota if they could have Pitlick for future considerations or something?

Waivers is like the Island of Misfit Toys for NHL players.

Unless they get claimed, they aren't wanted.

That's why it can be argued that players like Cameron Hillis who are waivers exempt have more value than those that don't.

They don't need to be sent to the Island of Misfit Toys to play hockey again.

Whataboutism is an argumentative tactic where a person or group responds to an accusation or difficult question by deflection. Instead of addressing the point made, they counter it with “but what about Pitlick?”.

A NHLer is better claimed while an AHLer is better acquired unclaimed. 2 completelly different situations. Sorry, I can't explain it dumber.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 8:06 p.m.
sensonfire
Edited Oct. 26, 2022 at 9:41 p.m. by F50marco
Whataboutism is an argumentative tactic where a person or group responds to an accusation or difficult question by deflection. Instead of addressing the point made, they counter it with “but what about Pitlick?”.

A NHLer is better claimed while an AHLer is better acquired unclaimed. 2 completelly different situations. Sorry, I can't explain it dumber.

Since when do you make the rules on what examples I can and can not use to prove my point??

The overall point that was made originally is that Chicago won the trade and Montreal lost the trade.

I made that point and used sound logic to prove my point.

If you don't like it and are just as intolerant of dissent as others that have responded to my opinion, too bad.

We're kind of at the point where there's no sense in trying to convince a fanbase, of which you are a part of, that they lost the trade.

It damages their ego and sense of pride for their own team.

Especially when said fanbase dominates the thread and the vote that is attached to it.

Montreal shouldn't have spent a waivers-exempt asset to trade for Beaudin.

Montreal should have spent an asset that already cleared waivers to trade for Beaudin.

One situation is a fair trade while the other one is not.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 8:15 p.m.
WentWughes

-vs-

Literally blocked him, can't explain something so simple to someone who thinks they know everything.
jpsnow13 liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 9:07 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Since when do you make the rules on what examples I can and can not use to prove my point??

The overall point that was made originally is that Chicago won the trade and Montreal lost the trade.

I made that point and used sound logic to prove my point.

If you don't like it and are just as intolerant of dissent as others that have responded to my opinion, too bad.

We're kind of at the point where there's no sense in trying to convince a fanbase, of which you are a part of, that they lost the trade.

It damages their ego and sense of pride for their own team.

Especially when said fanbase dominates the thread and the vote that is attached to it.

Montreal shouldn't have spent a waivers-exempt asset to trade for Beaudin.

Montreal should have spent an asset that already cleared waivers to trade for Beaudin.

One situation is a fair trade while the other one is not.

Sorry, you need to be spoon-fed such basic information.

Calling an ECHLer an asset is the last of your nonsense Im ever gonna read. LOL
habitantlecolon liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 9:16 p.m.
sensonfire
Calling an ECHLer an asset is the last of your nonsense Im ever gonna read. LOL

Calling a waivers clearance an asset is the last of your nonsense I'm ever gonna read.

Bye Felicia.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 9:19 p.m.
sensonfire
Literally blocked him, can't explain something so simple to someone who thinks they know everything.

Can't explain something so simple to someone who is knee-deep in biased groupthink.

Bye Felicia.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 11:29 p.m.
Banned
Sens fans, they've popped up this year and seems most of them don't have a sweet clue. because that's a ****e comment that will get bopped,

Player values actually go up when they clear waivers. We see it every year where a player goes unclaimed then gets traded for a late round pick

One can only wonder what it must be like to tolerate someone like this in person.
habitantlecolon and KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Oct. 26, 2022 at 11:31 p.m.
Banned
Can't explain something so simple to someone who is knee-deep in biased groupthink.

Bye Felicia.

Your semantics and irrational jargon are phenomenal. You should try politics. People might like you better.
habitantlecolon liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 3:50 a.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Went_Wughes
One can only wonder what it must be like to tolerate someone like this in person.

One can only wonder what it must be like to have an opinion and get attacked for it by an entire group of people.

What else can't you tolerate in person?
Oct. 27, 2022 at 4:12 a.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Went_Wughes
Your semantics and irrational jargon are phenomenal. You should try politics. People might like you better.

Your intolerance for people that disagree with you is on full display.

You should try interacting with people that are not on the internet.

They might take extra special care of you.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 6:47 a.m.
Blockbuster
FanOfAllTeams liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 8:07 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: BruinsGM37
Blockbuster

You never know
BruinsGM37 liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:06 a.m.
Banned
One can only wonder what it must be like to have an opinion and get attacked for it by an entire group of people.

What else can't you tolerate in person?

Please. You're so boring and redundant. Go away.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit