SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #4: Just Keefe Drowning

Nov. 10, 2022 at 10:54 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: Alfie11
Swayman is their worse goalie this year and it’s not close, I’m not sure I’d even take Forbort over Michael Stone (mentioning him in the same breath as Tanev is insulting tbh), and both Marchand and McAvoy were back tonight, so I’m not sure what your point is here? Flames do not have forward depth anymore, there are 4 regulars in the lineup that don’t deserve to be playing every night (Lucic, Rooney, Lewis, Ritchie). They also are having some systems issues, they can’t transition, they can’t do anything in the neutral zone, and they can’t enter the offensive zone and stay there with possession. Will they figure it out? Maybe. But not having 3 of their top 7 D isn’t helping, they had a lot of depth there, but 3 injuries at the same position is too many.

Do you think BOS got to 24 points just tonight miraculously w/ BM & CM joining the roster?
Their injuries were earlier & guess what - the rest of the team won in their absence!!

Forbert plays the heavy minutes, that's my point. Tanev for Norris - said no one ever...

CAL issues were not D; only 3-1 loss w/ empty-netter.
Prob - was up-front, had chances couldn't finish (looked kinda AHL-lite).

Sounds like it's golf in April-snows of Cal-Gar-ree then - FORE!!!
Sklikly liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:03 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Juiceman
Senators, Blues, Canucks, and Flames all casually having a 7 game losing streak not even 15 games into the season

Oh ya, injury excuses are out in full force
McGruff liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:11 p.m.
Quoting: McGruff
Do you think BOS got to 24 points just tonight miraculously w/ BM & CM joining the roster?
Their injuries were earlier & guess what - the rest of the team won in their absence!!

Forbert plays the heavy minutes, that's my point. Tanev for Norris - said no one ever...

CAL issues were not D; only 3-1 loss w/ empty-netter.
Prob - was up-front, had chances couldn't finish (looked kinda AHL-lite).

Sounds like it's golf in April-snows of Cal-Gar-ree then - FORE!!!

Do you have a point here? Tanev has gotten Norris votes actually lol, while Forbort has bounced around and is generally found on the 3rd pair. Calgary had him for a bit. He’s not good. And yeah, obviously they can’t score, they’re missing their most skilled player, and have no depth or chemistry… like I said. Not being atrocious defensively tonight doesn’t mean that hasn’t been a problem in the past, and quite frankly I don’t really care about Boston? It’s impressive that they were winning without Marchand and McAvoy, but a hot goalie fixes a lot of damage, and they didn’t completely overhaul their top 6 this summer so I’m not really seeing the comparison.
McGruff liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:14 p.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan
It’s early no doubt but fukcin hilarious that teams who are out right tanking (MTL, CHI, ARI) are all ahead of teams who are trying to contend (OTT, CGY, STL)

They need to trade their starting goaltenders and call up their guys from the AHL lol. Vehmelka has like 10 GSax this season , MTL goaltending has been great.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:15 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Oh ya, injury excuses are out in full force

Canucks and injuries is like ham and cheese in a sandwich. They just go together. Also, our entire medical staff needs to be fired immediately. So many guys getting cleared to play through an injury which just hurts them more in the long term. Boeser was rushed back into the lineup until a scar from his surgery opened up. Hughes was rushed back into the lineup playing with an injured groin (He still looks injured). Demko also played the end of last season injured. Pettersson's "day to day" injury in the COVID bubble season turned into a year long injury.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:15 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Db1899
They need to trade their starting goaltenders and call up their guys from the AHL lol. Vehmelka has like 10 GSax this season , MTL goaltending has been great.

Canucks need to sit Demko and just play Martin. Martin has 0 regulation losses as a Vancouver Canuck. Truly generational
Db1899, DucharmetheDOMinator, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:17 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Db1899

And it’s not just ARI goaltending, they have the 3rd best PP in the league

And absolutely, MTL goaltending has been ridiculously good
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:20 p.m.

Arizona following the NYR model
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:21 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Edited Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:27 p.m.
Do you have a point here? Tanev has gotten Norris votes actually lol, while Forbort has bounced around and is generally found on the 3rd pair. Calgary had him for a bit. He’s not good. And yeah, obviously they can’t score, they’re missing their most skilled player, and have no depth or chemistry… like I said. Not being atrocious defensively tonight doesn’t mean that hasn’t been a problem in the past, and quite frankly I don’t really care about Boston? It’s impressive that they were winning without Marchand and McAvoy, but a hot goalie fixes a lot of damage, and they didn’t completely overhaul their top 6 this summer so I’m not really seeing the comparison.

Maybe it's a little hot so I'll be cool-cool-cool...

Isn't Marky that HOT goalie?
Yeah just like in VAN (and FLA) - he's not that good [period] - career STAT's don't lie -meh
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:23 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Canucks and injuries is like ham and cheese in a sandwich. They just go together. Also, our entire medical staff needs to be fired immediately. So many guys getting cleared to play through an injury which just hurts them more in the long term. Boeser was rushed back into the lineup until a scar from his surgery opened up. Hughes was rushed back into the lineup playing with an injured groin (He still looks injured). Demko also played the end of last season injured. Pettersson's "day to day" injury in the COVID bubble season turned into a year long injury.

Death, taxes, and TOR’s starting goalies being injured. We are using or 3rd stringer lol right now.

No Muzzin, no Liljegren (till 2 games ago), Murray, Samsonov, Matthews shooting a career low in percentage, we’ve had a revolving door of top 6 left wingers.

Every team is going through something. The good teams just seem to know how to handle it 🤷‍♂️
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:24 p.m.
v5 Minnesota GM

Monty is 3-1-1 with a .930sv% unreal
It's no fluke
He's playing amazing
MatthewsFan and Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:27 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Death, taxes, and TOR’s starting goalies being injured. We are using or 3rd stringer lol right now.

No Muzzin, no Liljegren (till 2 games ago), Murray, Samsonov, Matthews shooting a career low in percentage, we’ve had a revolving door of top 6 left wingers.

Every team is going through something. The good teams just seem to know how to handle it 🤷‍♂️

Vancouver is not a good team
McGruff, MatthewsFan, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:28 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG

CF Needs a Double-Like Button...
Juiceman and Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:33 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

I would trade everyone not named Pettersson and Hughes. Don't pull an ANA and Gibson, trading Demko to NJD just makes too much sense.

Tank this year, most likeley one more tough year and then you've still both those guys in their prime at 25
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:35 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
I would trade everyone not named Pettersson and Hughes. Don't pull an ANA and Gibson, trading Demko to NJD just makes too much sense.

Tank this year, most likeley one more tough year and then you've still both those guys in their prime at 25

If we are going to tear down the team, we will likely have to trade EVERYBODY. Doubt Pettersson wants to spend his prime years on a rebuilding team. By the time our rebuild is done, Hughes will probably be looking at New Jersey in UFA if we are still bad
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:38 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Daignault lazer top-cheddar
LA - 1
CHI_p r * c k s - 1
Nov. 10, 2022 at 11:42 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
I'm really losing hope in this season already. I kniw it's early but 7 l's in a row really hit your spirits. Next 10 games are Winnipeg, LA, both Flordia teams, Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington, Carolina, Panthers, Montreal. Tough schedule ahead IMO
Nov. 11, 2022 at 12:04 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: SnakeDelilah

at what cost tho

Schmids save in OT tho😮‍💨
Nov. 11, 2022 at 12:19 a.m.
Hakuna Matata

Garland to Toronto would be fun
Nov. 11, 2022 at 12:30 a.m.
Andrei Svechnikov has played the Oilers twice and has a hat trick in both games lmao
justaBoss, BuFfaLOFaN, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 11, 2022 at 12:31 a.m.
Speak of the Devil

Depends on the cost

Vanacek has looked more than capable as the tendy

If the Devils can buy low on Demko, I would do it [No current skaters + No top 3 prospects]
zk97 liked this.
Nov. 11, 2022 at 12:34 a.m.
Quoting: Devil
Depends on the cost

Vanacek has looked more than capable as the tendy

If the Devils can buy low on Demko, I would do it [No current skaters + No top 3 prospects]

Getting Demko would probably take 2-3 of your top 3 prospects lol, this isn’t a decent 1B, it’s one of the most talented workhorses in the league
zk97 liked this.
Nov. 11, 2022 at 1:07 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Getting Demko would probably take 2-3 of your top 3 prospects lol, this isn’t a decent 1B, it’s one of the most talented workhorses in the league

L Hughes, Nemec ++ for Demko? Yeah Ill pass
justaBoss and zk97 liked this.
Nov. 11, 2022 at 2:21 a.m.

Sounds like Demko is staying put in Vancouver then.
Nov. 11, 2022 at 2:36 a.m.
Full, burn it to the ground rebuilds take 5+ years. And that's if it's done right with very few setbacks. Devils rebuild started circa 2014 - a couple years after losing Kovalchuck and Parise. They basically restarted after trading Taylor Hall. in 2019. It takes most top prospects not named Matthews and McDavid 5 years to become breakout players. Look at OTT, DET, BUF, ARI, NJD, etc...All in the midst of full rebuilds. It's a very long process. Teams like the Rangers and Kings didn't actually tear it all down. They still had veteran/star players that were still in their primes. TOR crushed the draft in 2014-2016 and accelerated the process in free agency. VAN is stuck in no man's land right now. CHI is gonna suck for the next 5-7 years even if they win the Bedard lottery. This is the reality of the salary cap era.
justaBoss and yikes liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll