Forums/Armchair-GM

Deal with Buffalo Just an Idea

Created by: KingofRnR
Team: 2022-23 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 31, 2022
Published: Oct. 31, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Krebs & Hinostroza have more NHL Experience and can help the Flames now, since Sutter doesn’t Trust & won’t Play Ruzicka or Pelletier…
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$72,863,333$0$612,500$9,636,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$5,900,000$5,900,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 2
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$850,000$850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$912,500$912,500
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 31, 2022 at 4:27 p.m.
Well he wouldn't ever play Krebs for the exact same logic. Hinostroza is a bottom 6 rental and at most costs a 3rd
Gmonwy and yycofred liked this.
Oct. 31, 2022 at 4:57 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Well he wouldn't ever play Krebs for the exact same logic. Hinostroza is a bottom 6 rental and at most costs a 3rd

Krebs is further along in his NHL Development having played in the NHL for a few years already though and he’s Bigger than Pelletier

Is that 3rd with or without retention on Hinostroza and what Pick is Ruzicka worth or which Pick would you Trade him for!?
Oct. 31, 2022 at 5:01 p.m.
Shibbal18
Why would Buffalo do this??
Oct. 31, 2022 at 5:07 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Shibbal18
Why would Buffalo do this??

Why wouldn’t they!?

Krebs is currently listed as a 4th line LW and Hinostroza as a Healthy Scratch, both easily replaceable positions in exchange for 2 players with Top-9 Potential and a Big LD from BUF for additional Depth at D

My offer assumes Krebs is more valuable than Pelletier but that’s definitely debatable at this point. Not like Krebs has lived up to his Draft Position or Expectations
Oct. 31, 2022 at 5:12 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: KingofRnR
Why wouldn’t they!?

Krebs is currently listed as a 4th line LW and Hinostroza as a Healthy Scratch, both easily replaceable positions in exchange for 2 players with Top-9 Potential and a Big LD from BUF for additional Depth at D

My offer assumes Krebs is more valuable than Pelletier but that’s definitely debatable at this point. Not like Krebs has lived up to his Draft Position or Expectations

Okposo, their captain is also on the 4th line, that doesnt mean much. They also sat Quinn for Hinostroza, he has played the last 6 games, so hes not a healthy scratch. The Sabres dont need prospects, and they especially dont need LD in any capacity. Krebs has been fine, save a couple of whiny Sabre fans, his biggest criticism is his play in the D zone
sabres89 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2022 at 5:21 p.m.
Why wouldn’t they!?

We wouldn’t do this bc:

1- not even remotely close to ready to give up on Krebs, he was a “must have” piece for us in the Eichel trade

2- you’re not giving us ANYTHING at all that we’d want
We are loaded with young forwards & young forward prospects, and that is what’s led to Krebs being scratched (not wanting to have too many young guys in the lineup)
Krebs is one of a handful of guys that have been rotating in & out of the lineup

We’d have to like Pelletier over Krebs, and i just don’t see that as possible
Also, Gilbert does absolutely nothing at all for us
ZERO need or want for a LD, we have Dahlin, Power & just signed Samuelsson to a long term deal- hence, we wouldn’t want/need a LD

There’s just no chance this deal would be appealing to us imo
sabres89 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2022 at 5:36 p.m.
I would be willing to consider trading Krebs/Krebs+ for the top 4 RD who will be paired with Power. I like Krebs and I'm not ready to give him up in a deal like this, but the top 4 RD and overall our depth of defense sucks, and we have a lot of young forwards and good forward prospects.
Oct. 31, 2022 at 6:04 p.m.
TrevorA
The Sabres dont need prospects, and they especially dont need LD in any capacity. Krebs has been fine, save a couple of whiny Sabre fans, his biggest criticism is his play in the D zone
Krebs probably shouldn't be on the 4th line then if his D play is skeptical. He'd be better off going down to the minors and getting top minutes to continue developing, but that usually doesn't go over well with guys who've already played as many games as Krebs has.

Quoting: Buffalove
We wouldn’t do this bc:
1- not even remotely close to ready to give up on Krebs, he was a “must have” piece for us in the Eichel trade
2- you’re not giving us ANYTHING at all that we’d want
We are loaded with young forwards & young forward prospects, and that is what’s led to Krebs being scratched (not wanting to have too many young guys in the lineup)
Krebs is one of a handful of guys that have been rotating in & out of the lineup

We’d have to like Pelletier over Krebs, and i just don’t see that as possible
Also, Gilbert does absolutely nothing at all for us ZERO need or want for a LD, we have Dahlin, Power & just signed Samuelsson to a long term deal- hence, we wouldn’t want/need a LD

It's simply a Swap of 1st Round 21 Year Old Prospects + BUF'd get's a 2nd RFA who has shown promise in exchange for a Pending UFA. You always need depth due to injuries, suspensions and so on and BUF is lacking depth at D. CGY can't help with any RD's as I considered offering Meloche, but we need him for our own depth.

Quoting: Fjordy
I would be willing to consider trading Krebs/Krebs+ for the top 4 RD who will be paired with Power. I like Krebs and I'm not ready to give him up in a deal like this, but the top 4 RD and overall our depth of defense sucks, and we have a lot of young forwards and good forward prospects.

Agreed, it looks like BUF needs an RD, Depth at Defense in General and more Right Handed Forward Prospects, as there's currently none listed on BUF's Minors depth chart

Congrats to BUF on a Good Start to the Season, it must be refreshing to see things finally turning around for the organization, but they still have a long way to go before being considered a contender. Right now, they remind me of the EDM Oilers from a few years back, with some amazing young talent, but just not a mature enough team yet to sustain a winning record, attitude & atmosphere. I don't think more Prospects or Draft Picks will help BUF at this time, they're better off bringing in more Experience & Leadership, specifically of the Champion or Winning Reputation Variety and CGY just isn't in a position to offer that since it's their time & window to win the next few years
Oct. 31, 2022 at 6:09 p.m.

It's simply a Swap of 1st Round 21 Year Old Prospects + BUF'd get's a 2nd RFA who has shown promise in exchange for a Pending UFA. You always need depth due to injuries, suspensions and so on and BUF is lacking depth at D. CGY can't help with any RD's as I considered offering Meloche, but we need him for our own depth.

We aren’t lacking depth at defense at all
Especially not LD
And 2 prospects aren’t better than 1, when w e have TONS of forward prospects coming- and especially when we obviously like Krebs so much

And Krebs is NOT a “pending UFA”
Might wanna recheck that

Your trade just doesn’t make sense for us
It gives us NOTHING we’d want

Sorry dude, no deal
No chance
We’d frankly just MUCH rather keep Krebs
Oct. 31, 2022 at 6:32 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Buffalove
We aren’t lacking depth at defense at all
Especially not LD
And 2 prospects aren’t better than 1, when w e have TONS of forward prospects coming- and especially when we obviously like Krebs so much

And Krebs is NOT a “pending UFA”
Might wanna recheck that

Your trade just doesn’t make sense for us
It gives us NOTHING we’d want

Sorry dude, no deal
No chance
We’d frankly just MUCH rather keep Krebs

That's fine, it's Hinostroza that's the Pending UFA and who MIGHT help us the most right now (or not it'd be a gamble). We'd be willing to take the gamble if he came 50% retained for a 3rd or 4th

Dahlin is really the only GOOD NHL Defensemen BUF currently has. The rest are all 3rd Pairing works in Progress with Potential.

Power & Samuelsson are the most likely to eventually have very good NHL Careers, especially given their Size & Strength, but with Lyubushkin, Samuelsson and Jokiharju all dealing with injuries, BUF only has Jeremy Davies, Chase Priskie and Oskari Laaksonen as available replacements should any more go down, which isn't much. BUF is currently using 5 Left Shot D's out of 6, so I'd definitely say BUF's Defense and Defensive Depth Overall needs improvement jmho
Oct. 31, 2022 at 6:41 p.m.
Shibbal18
Krebs probably shouldn't be on the 4th line then if his D play is skeptical. He'd be better off going down to the minors and getting top minutes to continue developing, but that usually doesn't go over well with guys who've already played as many games as Krebs has.

Krebs doesn't need to go the minors. I think it's dumb to put him on the 4th line but DG always cycles his lines. The Sabres aren't close to sending him to the minors, they could have done that instead of waiving Sheahan, and they aren't close to giving up on him. Ruzicka is 23 going on 24 and still hasn't won a spot in the NHL, and the Sabres aren't bereft of talent and full of holes (at forward). Pelletier's stats are interesting, but he got beat out by PTO Sonny Milano, so he clearly needs to work on something and the Sabres already have LWers to work on in the A
Oct. 31, 2022 at 6:45 p.m.
Shibbal18
That's fine, it's Hinostroza that's the Pending UFA and who MIGHT help us the most right now (or not it'd be a gamble). We'd be willing to take the gamble if he came 50% retained for a 3rd or 4th

Dahlin is really the only GOOD NHL Defensemen BUF currently has. The rest are all 3rd Pairing works in Progress with Potential.

Power & Samuelsson are the most likely to eventually have very good NHL Careers, especially given their Size & Strength, but with Lyubushkin, Samuelsson and Jokiharju all dealing with injuries, BUF only has Jeremy Davies, Chase Priskie and Oskari Laaksonen as available replacements should any more go down, which isn't much. BUF is currently using 5 Left Shot D's out of 6, so I'd definitely say BUF's Defense and Defensive Depth Overall needs improvement jmho

Some of the Sabres dmen are out day to day, some week to week, nothing worth trading Krebs for. If they wanted to, they can trade a 5th and pick up more depth
Oct. 31, 2022 at 6:50 p.m.
TrevorA
Krebs doesn't need to go the minors. I think it's dumb to put him on the 4th line but DG always cycles his lines. The Sabres aren't close to sending him to the minors, they could have done that instead of waiving Sheahan, and they aren't close to giving up on him. Ruzicka is 23 going on 24 and still hasn't won a spot in the NHL, and the Sabres aren't bereft of talent and full of holes (at forward). Pelletier's stats are interesting, but he got beat out by PTO Sonny Milano, so he clearly needs to work on something and the Sabres already have LWers to work on in the A

Yeah, can’t say I agree with everything Sutter does as a coach either hence why I pitched this trade. I think Ruzicka should be in the lineup, he was great for us last season, he just needs to be more Physical imo. Matthew Phillips deserves a shot too, but CGY/Sutter doesn’t really like or Trust Young and/or Small Players, they prefer Veterans or Guys with More Experience

Pelletier had a poor camp but I wouldn’t say Milano beat him, since he didn’t make the team either. CGY/Sutter simply prefer to develop their Prospects longer and make them earn their spot. It’s stubborn and old school, but that’s how they role
Oct. 31, 2022 at 6:52 p.m.
Edited Oct. 31, 2022 at 7:39 p.m.

I’m sure u could have Hinostroza for a pick if u want

I’m also sure we aren’t gonna base our defensive depth on who our 9th defenseman would be

And even IF we were concerned about our defensive depth,
we wouldn’t trade Krebs to get it- we could just trade a mid-late round pick

So again, it comes down to who we’d like more, Krebs or the young guys you’ve offered who haven’t done much for you
And since we “had to have Krebs” as a part of the Eichel trade, i think it’s safe to say we like him a lot

I really don’t see how your trade offer makes sense FOR US
Shibbal18 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2022 at 6:53 p.m.
TrevorA
Some of the Sabres dmen are out day to day, some week to week, nothing worth trading Krebs for. If they wanted to, they can trade a 5th and pick up more depth

Yup I just thought it might be interesting to swap Pelletier for Krebs is all, to bring Krebs back home and maybe he’s further along in his development and will do better than Pelletier in the long run.

Hinostroza’s the guy Id like to try out. Nothing particularly special about him but he’s a Right Shot Playmaker who’s supposedly a Decent Two-Way Player. If he came for cheap, I’d be interested in seeing how he fit with our club
Shibbal18 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2022 at 11:54 p.m.
Krebs is further along in his NHL Development having played in the NHL for a few years already though and he’s Bigger than Pelletier

Is that 3rd with or without retention on Hinostroza and what Pick is Ruzicka worth or which Pick would you Trade him for!?

Krebs has 1 season in the NHL where he played on a bottom 5 team. That doesn't determine his development at all. Plus being 5'11 is a weak argument for "being bigger."

Jordan Kyrou is "bigger" than DeBrincat but Cat is the way more physical player.

The 3rd is with retention, Hinostroza is a depth player.

Ruzicka doesn't have high trade value at all right now, he's significantly more valuable to the team until he proves he has trade value.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll