Forums/Armchair-GM

Pens trade Isles

Created by: LetsGoPens69
Team: 2022-23 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 2, 2022
Published: Nov. 2, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Anders Lee is perfect for Geno’s LW. His contract is right in line with Sid and Geno too.

Islanders shed 5M of Lee’s contract, get a 2nd round pick, and can flip Zucker at the TD at 50% retention(2.75M per) for another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Or a 3rd team can be added and Zucker can be flipped right away with the Isles holding 2.75M and getting another 2nd round pick.

Pens still have Dumoulin’s contract coming off the books and Jack Johnson’s buyout goes from 1.9M to just 900K.

I don’t think Bode Wilde adds much either way. He’s 22 and in the ECHL. I just added him as a flyer b/c of the Pens lack of RHD prospects.
Trades
PIT
  1. Lee, Anders ($2,000,000 retained)
  2. Wilde, Bode
NYI
  1. Zucker, Jason
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (PIT)
Additional Details:
Zucker’s contract is expiring. The Isles can flip him at the deadline with 50% retention(2.75M) for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$75,923,925$0$0$6,576,075
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,125,000$5,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,125,000$3,125,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,100,000$6,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 3
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
LD
RFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 2, 2022 at 6:57 a.m.
Lee has value, maybe not 7mil, but hes performing at high level. He has 10 pts in 10 games. If anything if hes overpaid, its by 500k-750k max

Zucker is not quite a cap dump but every Pens fan have him moving out last yr or this yr.

NYI is not trading him for that poor offer, nor retaining 2mil for 4 years, nor throwing in Wilde, (who as you say, and I agree somewhat, is becoming a middling prospect/failed pick, but is still a RHD on a team lacking youth)

Zucker has some value but not sure its alot. Zucker and a 2nd AND a 1st AND Ty Smith or Poulin might get Lee, but I still doubt it.

I think PIT is better off trying to get a lesser guy for a lesser return, (maybe a JVR at 50% or a Kerfoot).
Not_Isles5513 liked this.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 7:03 a.m.
Edited Nov. 2, 2022 at 7:12 a.m.
Quoting: Hammerwise
Lee has value, maybe not 7mil, but hes performing at high level. He has 10 pts in 10 games

Zucker is not quite a cap dump but every Pens fan have him moving out last yr or this yr.

NYI is not trading him for that poor offer, nor retaining 2mil for 4 years, nor throwing in Wilde, (who as you say, and I agree somewhat, is becoming a middling prospect/failed pick, but is still a RHD on a team lacking youth)

Zucker has some value but not sure its alot. Zucker and a 2nd AND a 1st AND Ty Smith or Poulin might get Lee, but I still doubt it.

Lee is 32 and at 7M for 4 more years holds very little value to a contender(cause they would have to move a huge contract in order to fit 7M) and holds no value to rebuilding team.

And Zucker has 7 points in 8 games?? And is 2 years younger.

Zucker’s contract is expiring and at 2.75M does have value for a contender and also to a rebuilding team.

Cause his contract is expiring for a rebuilding team and and most contenders can fit 2.75M without moving a huge contract off their books.

And keep Bode Wilde. He’s 22 in the ECHL. Good luck!!
Nov. 2, 2022 at 7:21 a.m.
Pens are better
Pens decline. Top 6 is fine. What needs to be changed Is our gm, bottom 6, and getting Dumo out of here
Nov. 2, 2022 at 7:55 a.m.
Quoting: LetsGoPens69
Lee is 32 and at 7M for 4 more years holds very little value to a contender(cause they would have to move a huge contract in order to fit 7M) and holds no value to rebuilding team.

Zucker’s contract is expiring and at 2.75M does have value for a contender and also to a rebuilding team.

Cause his contract is expiring for a rebuilding team and and most contenders can fit 2.75M without moving a huge contract off their books.

Hey I thought you were the buyer, (and in division). Its just my opinion that Lee is the better, more valuable player (even though older and under contract), but you're the one who wants him in this proposal. I'm just saying NYI fans will not accept that offer.

And I think Wilde is a failed pick, but doubt NYI fans would be the ones looking to add to your proposal.

And its Pens fans always looking to move Zucker, I think PITT is set with their top 8 or so with Zucker.

But good luck
Not_Isles5513 and LetsGoPens69 liked this.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 8:14 a.m.
Quoting: Imagine874859
Pens decline. Top 6 is fine. What needs to be changed Is our gm, bottom 6, and getting Dumo out of here

I do like Anders Lee a lot, but your spot on with what needs to be changed. Hextall has done an awful job, just terrible. Bottom 6 should have some dynamic guys (ZAR was great defensively, Tanev great energy). Right now it's just so vanilla. And Dumo has simply been playing awful, no other way around it.
Imagine874859 liked this.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 8:28 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Hey I thought you were the buyer, (and in division). Its just my opinion that Lee is the better, more valuable player (even though older and under contract), but you're the one who wants him in this proposal. I'm just saying NYI fans will not accept that offer.

And I think Wilde is a failed pick, but doubt NYI fans would be the ones looking to add to your proposal.

And its Pens fans always looking to move Zucker, I think PITT is set with their top 8 or so with Zucker.

But good luck

Lee has been a PPG player thru ten games and has five goals. Idea isles would retain on him is ridiculous. He also has a NTC so knock it off with these BS takes anyway lol.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 8:39 a.m.

But good luck

Pens fans wanted to move Zucker last year when he was inconsistent and struggled to stay healthy. Zucker so far this season has been really good.
Now with the line of Zucker-Malkin-Rust having the 3rd best xG% of any forward line to have played 50+ minutes this season, shaking that up doesn't sound smart.
Nov. 2, 2022 at 9:03 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Lee leads the team in goals and is a PPG. Of course i expect him to slow down a bit but Zucker is not worth it, makes no sense for the Isles. And he is the captain
Nov. 2, 2022 at 9:20 a.m.
we miss leo k
There's literally not enough in here to have the Islanders retain $2M for 4 years - what are you going to offer for the actual player?

As said above, Lee is at 5-5-10 through 10 games this season, and has been a steady 25-30 goal scorer going back to the 2016-17 season - he averages out to scoring 32 goals/82 GP in that span. He's also the captain of a team that's 6-4-0 with a +11 goal differential through their first 10 games - why are the Islanders trading him for a guy like Zucker? Zucker's scored less goals in his entire time in Pittsburgh (24) than Lee scored last season alone (28). There's absolutely nothing of value for the Islanders here.
Nov. 5, 2022 at 6:54 a.m.
Edited Nov. 5, 2022 at 7:53 a.m.

But good luck

Yep, and in my opinion, I think the Isles accept the offer tomorrow. Especially if a 3rd team was involved and they got another 2nd or 3rd round pick for Zucker

Two(2) 2nd round picks and shedding 5M of Lee ‘s contract for 4 more years is my proposal. I think they add more than just Bode Wilde if they got that offer.

Shedding 5M of Lee contract for 4 more years would be a major win.
Nov. 5, 2022 at 6:59 a.m.
Edited Nov. 5, 2022 at 8:07 a.m.
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
There's literally not enough in here to have the Islanders retain $2M for 4 years - what are you going to offer for the actual player?

As said above, Lee is at 5-5-10 through 10 games this season, and has been a steady 25-30 goal scorer going back to the 2016-17 season - he averages out to scoring 32 goals/82 GP in that span. He's also the captain of a team that's 6-4-0 with a +11 goal differential through their first 10 games - why are the Islanders trading him for a guy like Zucker? Zucker's scored less goals in his entire time in Pittsburgh (24) than Lee scored last season alone (28). There's absolutely nothing of value for the Islanders here.

The 2nd round pick is value and like I said, Zucker contract is expiring and that has value to rebuilding team or a contender, especially at 2.75M per and 50% retention.

I think they would accept the offer tomorrow. Especially if a 3rd team was involved and they got another 2nd or 3rd round pick for Zucker right away.

Lee has zero value at 7M to any team. A contender would have to move off a major piece to fit him under the cap which ain’t happening. And no way a rebuilding team takes that term or AAV. That’s the truth.

And great. Zucker has also been a 20 goal scorer his last healthy season and most of his career. And Zucker has only played 95 games with the Pens. So 24 goals and 47 points is .5 PPG.

And he also has been a PPG so far this season too. What’s your point? And he’s two(2) years younger than Lee.

The idea that Lee is some star is ridiculous. Barzal and Pulock/Dobson are stars and the untouchables. And neither is Zucker, I get it. But Zucker’s contract is expiring and Lee has a huge AAV and a lot of term left.

If they got a 2nd round pick and an expiring contract for Lee they would do the deal tomorrow
Nov. 5, 2022 at 7:23 a.m.
Edited Nov. 5, 2022 at 7:42 a.m.
Quoting: Isles5513
Lee has been a PPG player thru ten games and has five goals. Idea isles would retain on him is ridiculous. He also has a NTC so knock it off with these BS takes anyway lol.

Lee has zero value at 7M to any team. A contender would have to move off a major piece to fit him under the cap which ain’t happening. And no way a rebuilding team takes that term or AAV.

That’s the truth. Lol
Nov. 5, 2022 at 10:18 a.m.
we miss leo k
The 2nd round pick is value and like I said, Zucker contract is expiring and that has value to rebuilding team or a contender, especially at 2.75M per and 50% retention.

I think they would accept the offer tomorrow. Especially if a 3rd team was involved and they got another 2nd or 3rd round pick for Zucker right away.

Lee has zero value at 7M to any team. A contender would have to move off a major piece to fit him under the cap which ain’t happening. And no way a rebuilding team takes that term or AAV. That’s the truth.

And great. Zucker has also been a 20 goal scorer his last healthy season and most of his career. And Zucker has only played 95 games with the Pens. So 24 goals and 47 points is .5 PPG.

And he also has been a PPG so far this season too. What’s your point? And he’s two(2) years younger than Lee.

The idea that Lee is some star is ridiculous. Barzal and Pulock/Dobson are stars and the untouchables. And neither is Zucker, I get it. But Zucker’s contract is expiring and Lee has a huge AAV and a lot of term left.

If they got a 2nd round pick and an expiring contract for Lee they would do the deal tomorrow

A 2nd round pick does not get you 4x$2M of retention. That's 1st round territory, at the very least.

No one is going to argue that Lee is a star on the level of Barzal/Dobson, but he's the team captain and he's performing at a great level the first few weeks of the season (up to 6-6-12 in 11 GP so far). You keep saying he's not worth the money but I'd argue he's lived up to the contract so far - since signing his extension prior to the 2019-20 season, he's scored 66 goals and 120 points in 182 games - averaging out to 30 goals per 82 GP.

It also ignores the fact that there's zero reason for the Islanders to move him - you keep saying that he has zero value at that cap hit to any team, but who said that the Isles are moving on from him? They're 7-4-0 and have beaten some very good teams so far this season, so there's no real rush to tear it down and rebuild. They've got cap space to add at the deadline if they want to go after a rental. And they've got north of $15M available this offseason with minimal needs (re-sign Oliver Wahlstrom, re-sign/replace Zach Parise, new RD3, backup goalie).

This trade is treating the Isles as a lottery team with your "they can flip Zucker 50% retained for a pick" nonsense. Jason Zucker does not make the team better than it is with Anders Lee currently on it, and, again, there's nothing in this trade that does anything but make Lamoriello laugh and say "okay, funny joke, what's the real reason you called today?"
Nov. 6, 2022 at 2:08 a.m.
Edited Nov. 6, 2022 at 2:37 a.m.
Lmao

He’s scoring at a PPG pace and he’s the captain. **** off with this Bs lol

A 2nd round pick does not get you 4x$2M of retention. That's 1st round territory, at the very least.

No one is going to argue that Lee is a star on the level of Barzal/Dobson, but he's the team captain and he's performing at a great level the first few weeks of the season (up to 6-6-12 in 11 GP so far). You keep saying he's not worth the money but I'd argue he's lived up to the contract so far - since signing his extension prior to the 2019-20 season, he's scored 66 goals and 120 points in 182 games - averaging out to 30 goals per 82 GP.

It also ignores the fact that there's zero reason for the Islanders to move him - you keep saying that he has zero value at that cap hit to any team, but who said that the Isles are moving on from him? They're 7-4-0 and have beaten some very good teams so far this season, so there's no real rush to tear it down and rebuild. They've got cap space to add at the deadline if they want to go after a rental. And they've got north of $15M available this offseason with minimal needs (re-sign Oliver Wahlstrom, re-sign/replace Zach Parise, new RD3, backup goalie).

This trade is treating the Isles as a lottery team with your "they can flip Zucker 50% retained for a pick" nonsense. Jason Zucker does not make the team better than it is with Anders Lee currently on it, and, again, there's nothing in this trade that does anything but make Lamoriello laugh and say "okay, funny joke, what's the real reason you called today?"

Sure thing!! Lol. PPG pace through 10 games..lol..lol. He is not a PPG player. Never has been and he’s 32 years old and never will be.

Zucker is a PPG pace so far this season too..8 points in 9 games..lol. So I guess he’s a PPG player too..lol.

What a stupid comment..”he’s on a PPG pace” Thinking Anders Lee is a PPG player..lol.

And he’s probably one of the bottom 5-8 of the least skilled Captain’s in the whole NHL. He would not be a Captain on any contending team. And I’m not trying to knock him either; again, it’s just the truth.

Like I said, I think they accept the deal tomorrow; and would add more than just Bode Wilde if a 3rd team was involved and they got another 2nd round pick right away.

Two(2) 2nd round picks and shedding 5M of Lee’s contract for this season and 4 more. Ya, they do that deal tomorrow.

We can agree to disagree. I think they accept the deal(it’s why I did the ACGM). You don’t!! It’s fine. I get your point. I think u get mine.

I’m not gonna keep arguing saying the same things over and over just in different ways; using semantics and rhetoric to prove a point or win a fruitless argument.
Nov. 6, 2022 at 10:33 a.m.
we miss leo k
Sure thing!! Lol. PPG pace through 10 games..lol..lol. He is not a PPG player. Never has been and he’s 32 years old and never will be.

Zucker is a PPG pace so far this season too..8 points in 9 games..lol. So I guess he’s a PPG player too..lol.

What a stupid comment..”he’s on a PPG pace” Thinking Anders Lee is a PPG player..lol.

And he’s probably one of the bottom 5-8 of the least skilled Captain’s in the whole NHL. He would not be a Captain on any contending team. And I’m not trying to knock him either; again, it’s just the truth.

Like I said, I think they accept the deal tomorrow; and would add more than just Bode Wilde if a 3rd team was involved and they got another 2nd round pick right away.

Two(2) 2nd round picks and shedding 5M of Lee’s contract for this season and 4 more. Ya, they do that deal tomorrow.

We can agree to disagree. I think they accept the deal(it’s why I did the ACGM). You don’t!! It’s fine. I get your point. I think u get mine.

I’m not gonna keep arguing saying the same things over and over just in different ways; using semantics and rhetoric to prove a point or win a fruitless argument.

You can believe it all you want, but a team aiming to contend for the playoffs isn't going to trade their 30-goal scoring captain for a bag of peanuts.

Is the contract gonna look bad in a couple years? Sure, there's pretty good likelihood the last year or two of that deal is an albatross. But it doesn't make sense to trade him while he's still playing well because his contract might have negative value two years from now. That's a 2024 problem, for now it'd be a major downgrade to go from Lee to Zucker, and there's still not nearly enough here for 4x$2M retention, much less for Lee himself.

You also have completely glossed over the fact that Lee has a full NTC and that, more than anything, is why this trade is dead in the water.

Also gotta love the classic ACGM tactic of spending multiple posts talking about how overpaid or bad the player is when people say the value is off on the trade. Sure, Anders is a terrible overpaid player - that's why you've got him on the 2nd line with Malkin here, right?
Nov. 6, 2022 at 1:27 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
You can believe it all you want, but a team aiming to contend for the playoffs isn't going to trade their 30-goal scoring captain for a bag of peanuts.

Is the contract gonna look bad in a couple years? Sure, there's pretty good likelihood the last year or two of that deal is an albatross. But it doesn't make sense to trade him while he's still playing well because his contract might have negative value two years from now. That's a 2024 problem, for now it'd be a major downgrade to go from Lee to Zucker, and there's still not nearly enough here for 4x$2M retention, much less for Lee himself.

You also have completely glossed over the fact that Lee has a full NTC and that, more than anything, is why this trade is dead in the water.

Also gotta love the classic ACGM tactic of spending multiple posts talking about how overpaid or bad the player is when people say the value is off on the trade. Sure, Anders is a terrible overpaid player - that's why you've got him on the 2nd line with Malkin here, right?

Also Lee is one of those guys who may age well thru sheer will power lmao
Nov. 27, 2022 at 11:48 p.m.
Edited Nov. 27, 2022 at 11:55 p.m.
Also Lee is one of those guys who may age well thru sheer will power lmao

Ought-ohh. Lee 9 games drought without lighting the lamp. 19 points in 23 games (.8 PPG). He’s coming back to earth; he is not a PPG player.

Zucker 15 points in 20 games (.75 PPG). I guess they are more similar than you guys thought..lol.

Isles are having a better start to their season than I thought though. I’ll give u that. Thought for sure they would be on the outside looking in and sellers at the TD.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll