$1,700,000$1,700,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,059,000$9,059,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$733,333$733,333
RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 3, 2022 at 2:55 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
4 small valued pieces do not equate to Kakko.
notkyleokposo and Verdaka liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 2:58 p.m.
Rinne is my daddy
Quoting: oliver_wahlstrom
4 small valued pieces do not equate to Kakko.

And your counter offer? What more would you like to see? A second? Higher prospect?
Nov. 3, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Quoting: Verdaka
And your counter offer? What more would you like to see?

i mean im not a rangers fan but id imagine tha rangers would need a top line forward in return. Preds dont really have a top line forward who is at the end of their deal and relatively cheap. So if you could figure that out i could see it work
notkyleokposo and Verdaka liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 3:12 p.m.
Given the young talent NSH has coming up on the wings, I don't see them being a buyer on Kakko. Maybe a change of scenery trade based around Kakko and Tolvanen could work?
Nov. 3, 2022 at 3:14 p.m.
Exhausted Ranger Fan
Yea hard pass lol
AG_sweden and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
GM
Horrible. NYR are not trading Kakko and definitely not for that "return".
But hey, thanks for a good laugh.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 3:34 p.m.
You are not anywhere close. Kakko is 21y, cost controlled and his development is proceeding. He is top-rated in puck control and defensive play. This season he has been able to control play in the O end, starting to display nifty O moves similar to his play in Juniors, and seeing some PP time. There are no real thoughts by Drury to move him.

If I were to construct a trade, it would have to include an NHL-ready young high-ceiling center that can handle 3c now, a top prospect, and a 1st round pick. Adding salary is not an option.
AG_sweden and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 3:37 p.m.
GM
And your counter offer? What more would you like to see? A second? Higher prospect?

NSH doesn't have anything NYR is interested in.
Goalie liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 3:49 p.m.

Jeanot and 1st would likely be the landing ground to actually make it happen. That being said I think NYR would rather keep him. Jeanot however would be the tempting piece to downgrade a player. NYR are in the market of piecing guys like Gaut, Kravs, picks to upgrade a player on their roster not the other way around unfortunately. They are in contending mode so more likely to use pieces the way TB did for Coleman or Hagel
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 4:01 p.m.
Quoting: NYR1983
Jeanot and 1st would likely be the landing ground to actually make it happen. That being said I think NYR would rather keep him. Jeanot however would be the tempting piece to downgrade a player. NYR are in the market of piecing guys like Gaut, Kravs, picks to upgrade a player on their roster not the other way around unfortunately. They are in contending mode so more likely to use pieces the way TB did for Coleman or Hagel

Jeanot is arbitration eligible and could be due a big raise next year. This would turn him into something closer to rental. A package for Jeanot that included Blais could be worthwhile from the NYR standpoint.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 4:08 p.m.

The counter offer is non existent because they are not looking to trade Kakko. They are already thin at RW and he is just starting to scratch his potential. It would have to be a big overpay for them to even consider it, and that's not going to happen.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 4:12 p.m.
Quoting: busters99
You are not anywhere close. Kakko is 21y, cost controlled and his development is proceeding. He is top-rated in puck control and defensive play. This season he has been able to control play in the O end, starting to display nifty O moves similar to his play in Juniors, and seeing some PP time. There are no real thoughts by Drury to move him.

If I were to construct a trade, it would have to include an NHL-ready young high-ceiling center that can handle 3c now, a top prospect, and a 1st round pick. Adding salary is not an option.

Quoting: AG_sweden
NSH doesn't have anything NYR is interested in.

I get not wanting to give up on a young player NYR used such a high draft pick on yet, but holy mackinaw these are some unrealistic takes.

Jeannot is a downgrade on Kakko?! Now I've heard everything.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 4:19 p.m.
Quoting: gmgb
I get not wanting to give up on a young player NYR used such a high draft pick on yet, but holy mackinaw these are some unrealistic takes.

I stated my takes, and I don't see you doing the same. It doesn't really matter where he was drafted, he is valuable to the team and excels in certain roles. I do find it interesting the many AGM trade offers for him.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 4:44 p.m.
I stated my takes, and I don't see you doing the same. It doesn't really matter where he was drafted, he is valuable to the team and excels in certain roles. I do find it interesting the many AGM trade offers for him.

Sorry, you must have missed it earlier in the thread:

Given the young talent NSH has coming up on the wings, I don't see them being a buyer on Kakko. Maybe a change of scenery trade based around Kakko and Tolvanen could work?

Like Kakko, Tolvanen hasn't quite found the offence he was drafted to provide yet. He's two years older than Kakko, but has produced at a better clip with fewer minutes and lesser linemates to date, brings more to the table defensively, hits & blocks shots more, and has a cheaper contract. If both teams feel they can unlock the scoring potential in the other team's guy, there could be a win-win trade here.

Jeanot is arbitration eligible and could be due a big raise next year. This would turn him into something closer to rental. A package for Jeanot that included Blais could be worthwhile from the NYR standpoint.

Out of curiosity (not that NSH would be entertaining offers on Jeannot), what else would be in this package aside from a random depth player rental like Blais?
Nov. 3, 2022 at 4:46 p.m.
B

We get it, you don't like Kakkos stats lol. He's cheaper which means he fits. Either way, has been a beast and will stay.
delneggs and Goalie liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 4:57 p.m.
Quoting: Fox_Czar_Cup
We get it, you don't like Kakkos stats lol. He's cheaper which means he fits. Either way, has been a beast and will stay.

I mean, given that I took Kakko in my fantasy draft, yeah I do wish he was producing a lot more squinty smile

I wasn't the one who proposed trading for Kakko, I'm just suggesting what could be a reasonable swap of two young players who haven't broken out yet where they currently are. Tolvanen has done more with less to date, and given NYR's tight cap situation the salary aspect would be a point in Tolvy's favour for the Rags.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 4:58 p.m.
Quoting: Fox_Czar_Cup

Its so funny how Kakko has not lived up to the expectations of fans of other teams, yet there are lots of them on here trading for him, like this post. It's so transparent and funny.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 5:08 p.m.
Sorry, you must have missed it earlier in the thread:

Like Kakko, Tolvanen hasn't quite found the offence he was drafted to provide yet. He's two years older than Kakko, but has produced at a better clip with fewer minutes and lesser linemates to date, brings more to the table defensively, hits & blocks shots more, and has a cheaper contract. If both teams feel they can unlock the scoring potential in the other team's guy, there could be a win-win trade here.

Out of curiosity (not that NSH would be entertaining offers on Jeannot), what else would be in this package aside from a random depth player rental like Blais?

Tolvanen does not move the needle on a Kakko trade. Money is a big factor this year and next, so I don't see a Jeannot trade at all. He had a steller last season but his cost would be much more dependent on his play this year at the TDL
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 6:45 p.m.

Jeannot is a downgrade on Kakko?! Now I've heard everything.

Jeannot is 4 years older than Kakko.. I like Jeannot so I mean no disrespect but in 4 years time you will look back at that statement and realize how far off you are.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 6:53 p.m.

Sure, Kakko & Blais for Jeanot & 1st or something like that..
Nov. 3, 2022 at 7:12 p.m.
Jeannot is 4 years older than Kakko.. I like Jeannot so I mean no disrespect but in 4 years time you will look back at that statement and realize how far off you are.

Sure, Kakko has the potential to be more impactful than Jeannot, but he's not close to it yet, and it's far from guaranteed he gets there.

Sure, Kakko & Blais for Jeanot & 1st or something like that..

Can't see either of Jeannot or a potential 2023 lottery pick getting moved for Kakko right now.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 7:20 p.m.
Sure, Kakko has the potential to be more impactful than Jeannot, but he's not close to it yet, and it's far from guaranteed he gets there.

Can't see either of Jeannot or a potential 2023 lottery pick getting moved for Kakko right now.

Nothings guaranteed, not guaranteed that Jeannot can sustain what he brings for years to come. Using your theory of course. If you lack the ability to see how much better Kakko is today from year 1, the fact that he has skill level to play PP1 if given the time. Jeannot is a much different player than kakko. Would you suggest that Jeannot is more skilled and more defensive? It’s obvious he is more physical, Kakko is a tank but it doesn’t compare.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 7:57 p.m.
Nothings guaranteed, not guaranteed that Jeannot can sustain what he brings for years to come. Using your theory of course. If you lack the ability to see how much better Kakko is today from year 1, the fact that he has skill level to play PP1 if given the time. Jeannot is a much different player than kakko. Would you suggest that Jeannot is more skilled and more defensive? It’s obvious he is more physical, Kakko is a tank but it doesn’t compare.

No nothing's guaranteed, but I think it's safer to bet on the guy who's already shown something, as opposed to one who hasn't yet. I'm not trying to tear Kakko down either. I like the player, the potential is tantilizing. I believe in him more than say Lafreniere.

Yeah, definitely different players. Kakko obviously has the edge in pure skill. Jeannot in physicality. I'd currently put Jeannot ahead defensively, but Kakko's so young and those skills take longer to develop. Jeannot's always been the fittest and hardest worker on every team he's ever played for. That always goes a long way with coaches. It'd be interesting to see what he could do on a line with skill players, or regular PP time (neither has really happened yet for him in NSH). On the same line with a good center, they could really be a force.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 8:34 p.m.
Not interested in moving Kakko given the state of our cap situation and depth at RW. Second the offer doesn’t really help or provide anything worthwhile. While everyone complains about his points, Kakko plays a great game, strong on the puck, defensively responsible. Plus the kids 21, I’m not moving him.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Nov. 3, 2022 at 10:26 p.m.
B
Plus the Most Important Part CAP. Next year is our tightest -4m, then we have options but still tight. So this is Not a fit, thankfully

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll