SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Toronto Maple Leafs signed Keith Petruzzelli (2 Years / $817,500 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 6, 2022 at 9:56 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Hes on mine to wink

I got a feeling hes gonna give us 30 games which honestly is all we need rn in the sense that Sammy has clearly taken the job. That is unless Murray goes 2017 mode and just decimates the league with a 0.930 SV

That's exactly what I was thinking when I drafted him. I drafted Jarry and picked up Vitek Van on waivers as soon as Murray went on IR. If the Leafs defend like they did today, whoever their #1 Goalie is will be a solid asset in fantasy and in reality.
Nov. 7, 2022 at 6:07 p.m.
Quoting: drewjenkins
Does anyone know: Why Yzerman let him walk as a 3rd rounder?

Or did Petruzzeli just choose NCAA x 4 years for UFA status?

Regardless, Yzerman has done well finding young goalies:

- Husso (27) for a 3rd rounder
- Nedeljkovic (26) for a 3rd
- Gylander (21) in the 7th
- Bednar (20) in the 4th
- Cossa (19) in the 1st

Cossa + Husso should be a strong tandem for a long time.

I don't have the answer here, but I do believe this is the most important question. My guess would be that Yzerman doesn't believe in him for whatever reason....looks good to me tho
Nov. 8, 2022 at 8:51 a.m.
Great signing. Always been a very capable goalie. When he walked from Detroit, I was hoping NJD would grab him.

I think the knock on him was lack of athleticism and inflated stats due to Q’pac system, which limits shot totals. But hard to blame the guy for playing on a good team.

Imagine he will be a good back-up with potential for more.
Saskleaf and OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 8, 2022 at 8:55 a.m.
Quoting: triggerman
I don't have the answer here, but I do believe this is the most important question. My guess would be that Yzerman doesn't believe in him for whatever reason....looks good to me tho

It was the player’s decision to leave Detroit (my guess is that he saw too many other prospects above him in depth chart).
palhal liked this.
Nov. 8, 2022 at 9:31 a.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Babatunde
Voted no, Dubas showing his desperation and all his cards to other GMs that he needs a goalie

Lol what did you want him to do? Play without a backup for at least a week? Overpay to trade for a goalie? Also this isn’t really Dubas’ fault. The chances of 3 goalies getting injured at the same time is very slim. He did the best thing that could have been done since Petrezelli needed an elc anyways.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Nov. 13, 2022 at 8:34 a.m.
wrighter87
Quoting: aadoyle
When u see a bad take like this got to ask why

How does signing a guy who deserved an NHL deal show any signs of desperation

The fact of the matter is Petro deserved the deal and now will be our backup

Dubas could have went out spent a pick and got someone but instead we had a goalie in the AHL who was doing very well and so he rewarded him. And this was a guy Yzerman drafted

So next time pls check the facts before posting

He was NOT drafted by Yzerman...so next time pls check the facts before posting.
Nov. 13, 2022 at 11:12 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Wright87
He was NOT drafted by Yzerman...so next time pls check the facts before posting.

Meant to say let get away

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit