Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
MTL
  1. Barrie, Tyson
  2. Puljujärvi, Jesse
  3. 2023 1st round pick (EDM)
  4. 2025 3rd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Puljujarvi could be a good fit on a young habs team with a coach like St. Louis and he seems to be on roller coaster in Edmonton
EDM
  1. Monahan, Sean ($3,000,000 retained)
  2. Savard, David
Additional Details:
Savard has had a great start to the year and monahan is looking like a version of his old self. Edmonton needs a guy like savard that is defensive minded and can block shots and be a big part of the PK. Monahan would be a great fit in the top 6 on the wing or 3rd line center.
MTL
  1. Edler, Alexander
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (LAK)
  3. 2024 3rd round pick (LAK)
MTL
  1. 2023 4th round pick (ARI)
ARI
  1. Drouin, Jonathan ($2,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
ANY TEAM WILLING TO TAKE A CHANCE IF THERE ARE ANY
MTL
ARI
  1. Dadonov, Evgeni
Additional Details:
Waivers
DET
  1. Hoffman, Mike
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (LAK)
  3. 2023 4th round pick (PIT)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$70,161,665$1,132,500$6,027,500$12,338,335
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 8
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 3
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$507,500$508K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 6, 2022 at 4:24 p.m.
Billy739
This post is going to get rough when DET and LAK fans show up

LAK is trying to Publicly trade Walker one of the 5/6 RD they had skated with Edler out leaving only Mikey Anderson i believe it was left.
I've done many trades with LAK and with this deal no LD can leave only Sean Walker who is just as sketchy with his injury history as Edmundson so value isnt far off.
I just dont see any Context where a team with the NHL's Largest Surplus of NHL D all the way to the AHL level has to over pay for a mediocre Defensman

I mean i love Eddy for reason like last night him arguing on the Anderson Ejection turning it into a Power Play for MTL in which Suzuki scored.
If that was Suzuki or Gallagher there then the games over and you're not convincing the Ref's that as bad as the hit was trying to 5 v1 a guy while successfully 3v1 him cant go unpunished via the NHL's 2nd man in rules from 30 years ago implemented to stop Line Brawls and Bench Brawls. He can make arguments like that while Suzuki can learn from them Gally really just barks at the Ref's trying to bully them into submission which rarely works. (the Brad Marchand Approach)

Eddy's Value is as a leader
On ice his offensive upside is in serious decline as his back gets worse each year the torque required for a big shot just isnt there without causing damage.
That said his Veteran Presence to a Rebuilding team is worth it as worst case he goes on IR best case he educates the youth.

Matheson for Walker really would make the most sense
MTL could likely squeeze a 2nd round pick out of the trade without Retaining , more if they do retain.
They get turn Petry's return into a 2nd and 4th round pick while acquiring a RD who is lesser but plays at the same 2nd pair level.
Its a loss sure but no where near the loss that MTL is holding in their hands now.
If Matheson was a RD we wouldnt consider trading him for a lesser player in Walker
But the reality is that he's not and if Savard goes down our D core will be chasing its tail and Allen's barely acceptable NHL numbers become unacceptable through no fault of his own.
aedoran and DeadWingsv2 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2022 at 4:26 p.m.
Banned
They are already tanking!! They have a 1 line team. The youth will eventually wear down as well during the season. This is a bottom 8 team. You dont need to worry. Keep Hoffman on the team. He's a tank weapon! Also hilarious to watch. He's already blocked most Habs media and fans on twitter. Mike Hoffman is a running joke on the team.

Puljujarvi aint worth much. His hockey sense is zero. Already have Hoffman's zero hockey sense.
Nov. 6, 2022 at 4:35 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Billy739

LAK is trying to Publicly trade Walker one of the 5/6 RD they had skated with Edler out leaving only Mikey Anderson i believe it was left.
I've done many trades with LAK and with this deal no LD can leave only Sean Walker who is just as sketchy with his injury history as Edmundson so value isnt far off.
I just dont see any Context where a team with the NHL's Largest Surplus of NHL D all the way to the AHL level has to over pay for a mediocre Defensman

I mean i love Eddy for reason like last night him arguing on the Anderson Ejection turning it into a Power Play for MTL in which Suzuki scored.
If that was Suzuki or Gallagher there then the games over and you're not convincing the Ref's that as bad as the hit was trying to 5 v1 a guy while successfully 3v1 him cant go unpunished via the NHL's 2nd man in rules from 30 years ago implemented to stop Line Brawls and Bench Brawls. He can make arguments like that while Suzuki can learn from them Gally really just barks at the Ref's trying to bully them into submission which rarely works. (the Brad Marchand Approach)

On ice his offensive upside is in serious decline as his back gets worse each year the torque required for a big shot just isnt there without causing damage.
That said his Veteran Presence to a Rebuilding team is worth it as worst case he goes on IR best case he educates the youth.

MTL could likely squeeze a 2nd round pick out of the trade without Retaining , more if they do retain.
They get turn Petry's return into a 2nd and 4th round pick while acquiring a RD who is lesser but plays at the same 2nd pair level.
Its a loss sure but no where near the loss that MTL is holding in their hands now.
If Matheson was a RD we wouldnt consider trading him for a lesser player in Walker
But the reality is that he's not and if Savard goes down our D core will be chasing its tail and Allen's barely acceptable NHL numbers become unacceptable through no fault of his own.

DET fans aren't getting our glorious Hoffman tank weapon and 2 picks. They already have Vrana (when he's on the ice 10 games a year)
Billy739 liked this.
Nov. 6, 2022 at 4:52 p.m.
Quoting: Billy739

As a Detroit fan I see this and think why in the world would Montreal waste draft picks to tank. That's it.
AnyoneButTheBruins liked this.
Nov. 6, 2022 at 4:57 p.m.
Quoting: OlegP
DET fans aren't getting our glorious Hoffman tank weapon and 2 picks. They already have Vrana (when he's on the ice 10 games a year)

I get the point you are making but with Vrana in the Player's Assistance Program it is absolutely classless to include him in the post. No Wings fans said anything like that when Drouin entered the Player's Assistance Program.
Nov. 6, 2022 at 5:01 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: OlegP

Hoffmans not a tank weapon he finished 3rd in team scoring during last years tank . . .
Armia if anyone is our Tank Weapon , one might argue Dvorak given he's only every been on tank teams ever in his quite lengthy career.

Hoffmans problem is simply as he scored 49.50% of all his points in his career on Power Play
Since coming to MTL he's not been put on PP with any real consistency unless to plug holes for injuries as Burrows doesnt like using him.
During Burrows 5 forward Power Play unit season in which he's skated that formation 7/12 games so far Hoffmans yet to register any full Power Play shifts.
A couple times they used him to get OZ entry then you see him barrel off the ice for Caufield to sneak in behind the D and snipe it home.

Hoffman is being used wrong whether on purpose for a tank or not .
His consistency has not changed he just found the first team dumb enough to not give a Power Play Leader any Power Play Time.
Sadly our fanbase isnt wise enough to notice such things or dedicated enough to fact check such things.

While Hoffman's problem is easy to fix just giving his Power Play time like Every other team in his Career to date.
Armia and Dvorak's inconsistency has no rhythm or pattern to it. Recooping their value will be impossible with the only upside is they're great Tank pieces
Nov. 6, 2022 at 6:39 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Hoffman is trash
Nov. 6, 2022 at 6:57 p.m.
Future Norris guy
Detroit passes, No interest in Hoffman. if we're out of the playoffs come March 3rd and i don't think we will with how we've been playing lately. Pius Suter will be traded to a contender for a 3rd round pick not a cellar dweller like Montreal.
DeadWingsv2 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll