Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 5, 2022
Published: Nov. 15, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TOR
  1. Acciari, Noel
Additional Details:
The Blues inexplicably are in tough tonget back into the playoff picture - a lot of teams to jump, so I where I don't see a tear down, I do see a retool coming.

Acciari is a very useful bottom 6 forward, who can win face-offs and hit. Can even offer some offense. On am expiring deal, a player the Blues are surely willing to move sooner than later if they remain on the outside.
STL
  1. Gaudette, Adam
  2. 2024 4th round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
If the Blues are going to retool, Gaudette for me remains a decent bottom 6 option. Young and has contract control. The Leafs have to move a contract (they have 50), so Gaudette is it.

Given that Gaudette's NHL career is a question mark despite showing well with the Marlies, the Leafs move a 4th as well. Acciari alone I would say nets a 3rd, so I downgraded the pick one round with the inclusion of Gaudette.
TOR
  1. Bolduc, Samuel
Additional Details:
The Isles seem fairly set on the LD, so I suspect Bolduc could be available if the deal meets team needs.

Abruzzese I think does that. Sure, there are some great prospects in this pipeline (Räty, Holmstrom, Dafour), but Lamarello still has an aging forward core and I say a lack of young forwards to step in. Abruzzese projects as a solid top 9 option with some top 6 upside. Bonus points for Lou, no arbitration rights and cannot be offersheeted (not that he would).
NYI
  1. Abruzzese, Nick
Additional Details:
Leafs give up a dolls foward prospect (they have a few lol) to get a solid D prospect in Bolduc.

Has the puck moving abilities Dubas likes, has the size Dubas needs.

I have long pointed out the lack or organizational depth the Leafs have in the blueline (I think we are seeing it play out too), so Bolduc certainly fits that need.

Now not sure how much the Isles value Bolduc (he has been a project), so is Aruzzese enough? Maybe yes maybe no. But I will put this out there as a solid framework..... if a pick is to be added, then certain massage the deal.
TOR
  1. Stanley, Logan
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
I still feel that the Jets 3rd line lacks something. Kerfoot certainly can give it some.offenwive teeth while not taking away from it's defensive ability. Simply gives the Jets a multitude of options with the forward lines - even more so when Ehlers comes back....... but I see this as a move closer to the deadline.

Jets flat out are dealing from a position of strength here.
WPG
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
  2. 2024 5th round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
I get Leafs fans are not a particular fan of Stanley, but he has size, his skating is decent and he hits things. Call me nuts, but the Leafs need a guy like that on the back end. Able to play some meaningful minutes and a cheap contract. He simply checks boxes.

Where I feel the Jets are getting the better player here, I did a pick flip to make up for that. Kerfoot has value, but we also understand the cap issues.
TOR
  1. Kulikov, Dmitry
Additional Details:
The Ducks aren't making the playoffs, and they picked up Kulikov for nothing. Don't see them bringing him back either. Turning this into a high 3rd should work.... I would think!

Ducks take Dahlstrom simply to make room for Kulikov's contract.
ANA
  1. Dahlström, Carl
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (OTT)
Additional Details:
Kulikov is another capable defenseman that can play meaningful minutes and hit things. The lack of Muzzin..... well, we know this matters.

The expiring deal is attractive, and one had to think Kulikov waives for a chance to play for a Cup.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$78,667,913$212,500$0$3,832,087
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$840,630$840,630
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:11 p.m.
Massive no from the Isles, absolutely no chance of them doing that.
mokumboi and Not_Isles5513 liked this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:11 p.m.
mokumboi
Pump the brakes, tiger. The Blues have no won three straight including back to back in Vegas and Colorado. There's no great re-tool on the horizon, folks.

And bro, Gaudette is beyond worthless. Not a fit for the Blues at all.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:12 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Warrior24
Massive no from the Isles, absolutely no chance of them doing that.

Yeah, that's easily the worst one here. Bolduc is not a project, not sure how he got that idea. The kid is low key blowing up in the A.
Not_Isles5513 liked this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:17 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: mokumboi
Yeah, that's easily the worst one here. Bolduc is not a project, not sure how he got that idea. The kid is low key blowing up in the A.

A lot of isles fans soured on him after last year. Just goes to show u how much a wrist injury can hurt ur game. I thought he was NHL ready two years ago in Camp, and I want him called up rn tbh. Way better player than “The Other Sebastian Aho” imo.
mokumboi liked this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:18 p.m.
we miss leo k
-If the Blues stay out of the playoff picture, this value is probably fair. They might ask for a different body than Gaudette, but I can't see them getting much more than a mid-rounder for Acciari.

-Isles pass on this. Bolduc has finally shown the offensive spark that made him a 2nd round pick, and still is only just turning 22. I feel like his development this year puts him in a position where they Islanders are only trading him as part of a package for a top-6 winger.

-I think the value is there - Winnipeg has been playing well and adding Kerfoot would upgrade their middle-6. I might flip the pick swap to being more advantageous to the Jets, but I can see a potential deal here.

-Kulikov deal is probably the most slam-dunk of a deal here. Anaheim got him for free and if they can get him to waive and get back an asset, it's a huge win for them. I do wonder if the fact that he's finally figured out how to contribute offensively inflates his value at the deadline, but even if you have to bump that pick to a 2nd, I think he's worth it.
swinny liked this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:19 p.m.
I don't think Abruzzese has top 6 upside and he's already 23 and not a PPG in the AHL. The isles have someone similar to him with higher upside , Ruslan Iskhakov , who leads all AHL rookies in scoring, With Iskhakov, Raty and Holmstrom due for NHL looks within the next year this trade doesn't make sense. If the isles were trading Bolduc it would have to be someone a bit younger like Hirvonen or minten
Islesforthecup liked this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:20 p.m.
Quoting: Isles5513
A lot of isles fans soured on him after last year. Just goes to show u how much a wrist injury can hurt ur game. I thought he was NHL ready two years ago in Camp, and I want him called up rn tbh. Way better player than “The Other Sebastian Aho” imo.

Aho has arguably been the isles best defenseman over the past two weeks. Bolduc has a future as a bottom pair D, but he wouldn't be better than Aho if he were called up right now.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:21 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Db1899
Aho has arguably been the isles best defenseman over the past two weeks. Bolduc has a future as a bottom pair D, but he wouldn't be better than Aho if he were called up right now.

Aho has been their “best defenseman?!?!?!?!” I’m honestly curious what ur logic is there. Not trying to be a dick, but how is that possible?
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:24 p.m.
Aho has been their “best defenseman?!?!?!?!” I’m honestly curious what ur logic is there. Not trying to be a dick, but how is that possible?

over the past two weeks he has. He's been much better defensively, and his puck moving/skating has led to multiple goals for the isles. He has 1 goal, 2 assists in his last 5 games. It seems like you've gotten it in your head that he isn't good so no matter what he does he can't change your mind. There's a reason why he's playing consistently.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:25 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
over the past two weeks he has. He's been much better defensively, and his puck moving/skating has led to multiple goals for the isles. He has 1 goal, 2 assists in his last 5 games. It seems like you've gotten it in your head that he isn't good so no matter what he does he can't change your mind. There's a reason why he's playing consistently.

During that stretch he’s played over 15 minutes just twice. And there’s good reason for that. He’s gifted offensively, but doesn’t have the strength to defend at an NHL level imo.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:28 p.m.
During that stretch he’s played over 15 minutes just twice. And there’s good reason for that. He’s gifted offensively, but doesn’t have the strength to defend at an NHL level imo.

It doesn’t matter if he played 7 min, in his minutes he’s been good, even better than Romanov.

I’m not sure if you’ve been watching the last 10 games but Aho has been great at defending the rush. If you actually go back and watch his skating allows him to stay with his man and poke the puck away - it’s a big change from last year when he wouldn’t even challenge because he was afriaid of getting beat.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:32 p.m.

From your boy jfresh, Aho has been very good defensively recently.

<a href=Screen-Shot-2022-11-15-at-1-30-56-PM">
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:32 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
It doesn’t matter if he played 7 min, in his minutes he’s been good, even better than Romanov.

I’m not sure if you’ve been watching the last 10 games but Aho has been great at defending the rush. If you actually go back and watch his skating allows him to stay with his man and poke the puck away - it’s a big change from last year when he wouldn’t even challenge because he was afriaid of getting beat.

I liked him four years ago, and I agree he looks better. I’m just not a fan of his play in front of his own net. That being said the difference in quantity and quality of minutes played by Romanov compared to Aho is insane.

My perspective on their team this year is that they

A) Had a long break to rest and recover from two straight ECF’s
B) Subbed in Romanov and Salo/Aho to a lesser extent for Chara/Greene
C) Barzal/Nelson/Lee take over in the third period of games
D) Lambert is getting more out of his guys than Trotz did
E) They are beating teams with depth which allows them to come from behind and win
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:33 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
From your boy jfresh, Aho has been very good defensively recently.

Screen-Shot-2022-11-15-at-1-30-56-PM">

I quote Jfresh cause it’s easier for people to see. That being said Aho isn’t playing big minutes so it’s a small sample size.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
I quote Jfresh cause it’s easier for people to see. That being said Aho isn’t playing big minutes so it’s a small sample size.

it is a small sample size, but hes been very good in his 13 games this season that there's no reason to take him out. I like Salo , but Aho has been better. Bolduc isn't ready for the NHL.

Aho's strengths are exactly what we missed last year:

- Evading pressure in the defensive zone
- Breakout passiing
- keeping the puck inside the offensive zone
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:37 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
it is a small sample size, but hes been very good in his 13 games this season that there's no reason to take him out. I like Salo , but Aho has been better. Bolduc isn't ready for the NHL.

Aho's strengths are exactly what we missed last year:

- Evading pressure in the defensive zone
- Breakout passiing
- keeping the puck inside the offensive zone

He’s been better lately. I’d like to see him be a little stronger on the puck, but I’m not sure he can be. I have nothing against small defenseman, but a lot of those guys r much stronger than Aho is. That’s what worries me.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:38 p.m.
I liked him four years ago, and I agree he looks better. I’m just not a fan of his play in front of his own net. That being said the difference in quantity and quality of minutes played by Romanov compared to Aho is insane.

My perspective on their team this year is that they

A) Had a long break to rest and recover from two straight ECF’s
B) Subbed in Romanov and Salo/Aho to a lesser extent for Chara/Greene
C) Barzal/Nelson/Lee take over in the third period of games
D) Lambert is getting more out of his guys than Trotz did
E) They are beating teams with depth which allows them to come from behind and win

Romanov has more TOI against tougher competition , but he also plays with one of the best defenseman in the NHL. I think Romanov will be a solid middle pair D going forward, im just saying Aho has been better as of late.

Aho is just as big of a reason for the isles success than Romanov. Both have helped.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:38 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
-If the Blues stay out of the playoff picture, this value is probably fair. They might ask for a different body than Gaudette, but I can't see them getting much more than a mid-rounder for Acciari.

-Isles pass on this. Bolduc has finally shown the offensive spark that made him a 2nd round pick, and still is only just turning 22. I feel like his development this year puts him in a position where they Islanders are only trading him as part of a package for a top-6 winger.

-I think the value is there - Winnipeg has been playing well and adding Kerfoot would upgrade their middle-6. I might flip the pick swap to being more advantageous to the Jets, but I can see a potential deal here.

-Kulikov deal is probably the most slam-dunk of a deal here. Anaheim got him for free and if they can get him to waive and get back an asset, it's a huge win for them. I do wonder if the fact that he's finally figured out how to contribute offensively inflates his value at the deadline, but even if you have to bump that pick to a 2nd, I think he's worth it.

Edit: Abruzzese sucks
dannibalcorpse liked this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:39 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Romanov has more TOI against tougher competition , but he also plays with one of the best defenseman in the NHL. I think Romanov will be a solid middle pair D going forward, im just saying Aho has been better as of late.

Aho is just as big of a reason for the isles success than Romanov. Both have helped.

I think I value guys who play tough/big minutes and PK more than you tbh. It explains why I like the bottom six guys who PK (CC, Cal, JGP and even Palmieri) a little bit more than you.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:39 p.m.
He’s been better lately. I’d like to see him be a little stronger on the puck, but I’m not sure he can be. I have nothing against small defenseman, but a lot of those guys r much stronger than Aho is. That’s what worries me.

Aho wins a lot of puck battles, his problem is boxing out bigger forwards. The good thing is Aho has learned how to minimize having to battle with forwards in front of the net. Devon Toews is one of the best defensive defenseman in the NHL but sucks at boxing out guys. Every D has weaknesses.
Not_Isles5513 liked this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:40 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Aho wins a lot of puck battles, his problem is boxing out bigger forwards. The good thing is Aho has learned how to minimize having to battle with forwards in front of the net. Devon Toews is one of the best defensive defenseman in the NHL but sucks at boxing out guys. Every D has weaknesses.

I don’t disagree, but Toews weaknesses don’t compare to Aho lol
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:44 p.m.
I think I value guys who play tough/big minutes and PK more than you tbh. It explains why I like the bottom six guys who PK (CC, Cal, JGP and even Palmieri) a little bit more than you.

That's irrelevant to the discussion . It's like arguing Ristolainen is good because he PK and plays big minutes.

I'm not arguing Romanov is bad, not even close. But because hes physical. you let certain things go that you wouldn't with Aho. For example, Romanov made a terrible read last night and I believe Giroux walked him leading to an odd man rush. If that was Aho, you'd bring it up right now. The archaic way of thinking is allowing your bottom 6 players to make braindead mistakes as long as they hit people and pk

If Wahlstrom played like palmieri this season (both at 5v5 and the PK) , the commentary on wahsltrom would be 10x worse than it is now. Palmieri gets a pass because he PK, even though hes not good at it lol
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:46 p.m.
I don’t disagree, but Toews weaknesses don’t compare to Aho lol

Obviously. The point is Aho is proving to be a solid puck moving two way D. He plays a similar style to leddy, but with a much higher hockey IQ. Aho's weaknesses don't kill the team. He's been good defensively.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:46 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
That's irrelevant to the discussion . It's like arguing Ristolainen is good because he PK and plays big minutes.

I'm not arguing Romanov is bad, not even close. But because hes physical. you let certain things go that you wouldn't with Aho. For example, Romanov made a terrible read last night and I believe Giroux walked him leading to an odd man rush. If that was Aho, you'd bring it up right now. The archaic way of thinking is allowing your bottom 6 players to make braindead mistakes as long as they hit people and pk

If Wahlstrom played like palmieri this season (both at 5v5 and the PK) , the commentary on wahsltrom would be 10x worse than it is now. Palmieri gets a pass because he PK, even though hes not good at it lol

Risto isn’t good on the PK tho…. Isles pk is doing well even if a large part of that is Sorokin. Look I want to criticize Lou as much as the next guy, but not sure I can rn.

The Islanders r winning. Bridgeport is winning. Even Worcester is winning for ****s sake.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:47 p.m.
Kerfoot would be a nice add for the Jets, but there isn't much chance they move Stanley for a rental.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll