Team: 2022-23 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 5, 2022
Published: Nov. 15, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TOR
  1. Acciari, Noel
Additional Details:
The Blues inexplicably are in tough tonget back into the playoff picture - a lot of teams to jump, so I where I don't see a tear down, I do see a retool coming.

Acciari is a very useful bottom 6 forward, who can win face-offs and hit. Can even offer some offense. On am expiring deal, a player the Blues are surely willing to move sooner than later if they remain on the outside.
STL
  1. Gaudette, Adam
  2. 2024 4th round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
If the Blues are going to retool, Gaudette for me remains a decent bottom 6 option. Young and has contract control. The Leafs have to move a contract (they have 50), so Gaudette is it.

Given that Gaudette's NHL career is a question mark despite showing well with the Marlies, the Leafs move a 4th as well. Acciari alone I would say nets a 3rd, so I downgraded the pick one round with the inclusion of Gaudette.
TOR
  1. Bolduc, Samuel
Additional Details:
The Isles seem fairly set on the LD, so I suspect Bolduc could be available if the deal meets team needs.

Abruzzese I think does that. Sure, there are some great prospects in this pipeline (Räty, Holmstrom, Dafour), but Lamarello still has an aging forward core and I say a lack of young forwards to step in. Abruzzese projects as a solid top 9 option with some top 6 upside. Bonus points for Lou, no arbitration rights and cannot be offersheeted (not that he would).
NYI
  1. Abruzzese, Nick
Additional Details:
Leafs give up a dolls foward prospect (they have a few lol) to get a solid D prospect in Bolduc.

Has the puck moving abilities Dubas likes, has the size Dubas needs.

I have long pointed out the lack or organizational depth the Leafs have in the blueline (I think we are seeing it play out too), so Bolduc certainly fits that need.

Now not sure how much the Isles value Bolduc (he has been a project), so is Aruzzese enough? Maybe yes maybe no. But I will put this out there as a solid framework..... if a pick is to be added, then certain massage the deal.
TOR
  1. Stanley, Logan
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
I still feel that the Jets 3rd line lacks something. Kerfoot certainly can give it some.offenwive teeth while not taking away from it's defensive ability. Simply gives the Jets a multitude of options with the forward lines - even more so when Ehlers comes back....... but I see this as a move closer to the deadline.

Jets flat out are dealing from a position of strength here.
WPG
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
  2. 2024 5th round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
I get Leafs fans are not a particular fan of Stanley, but he has size, his skating is decent and he hits things. Call me nuts, but the Leafs need a guy like that on the back end. Able to play some meaningful minutes and a cheap contract. He simply checks boxes.

Where I feel the Jets are getting the better player here, I did a pick flip to make up for that. Kerfoot has value, but we also understand the cap issues.
TOR
  1. Kulikov, Dmitry
Additional Details:
The Ducks aren't making the playoffs, and they picked up Kulikov for nothing. Don't see them bringing him back either. Turning this into a high 3rd should work.... I would think!

Ducks take Dahlstrom simply to make room for Kulikov's contract.
ANA
  1. Dahlström, Carl
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (OTT)
Additional Details:
Kulikov is another capable defenseman that can play meaningful minutes and hit things. The lack of Muzzin..... well, we know this matters.

The expiring deal is attractive, and one had to think Kulikov waives for a chance to play for a Cup.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$78,667,913$212,500$0$3,832,087
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$840,630$840,630
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:47 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Db1899
Obviously. The point is Aho is proving to be a solid puck moving two way D. He plays a similar style to leddy, but with a much higher hockey IQ. Aho's weaknesses don't kill the team. He's been good defensively.

I’m not thrilled with him, but they r winning so I’m not really looking to complain about it rn. I just think that Bolduc will be better, and I also worry about Aho’s strength being an issue in the playoffs.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:47 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Windjammer
Kerfoot would be a nice add for the Jets, but there isn't much chance they move Stanley for a rental.

They should.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:48 p.m.
Quoting: Isles5513
Risto isn’t good on the PK tho…. Isles pk is doing well even if a large part of that is Sorokin. Look I want to criticize Lou as much as the next guy, but not sure I can rn.

The Islanders r winning. Bridgeport is winning. Even Worcester is winning for ****s sake.

im not criticizing lou.

My entire point is that Aho brings a valuable skillset to this team and he shouldn't be taken out for Salo or bolduc. Even if I don't agree with lane on everything, he's not afraid to change things up and hell actually scratch guys like Bailey who's been beyond awful.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:49 p.m.
I’m not thrilled with him, but they r winning so I’m not really looking to complain about it rn. I just think that Bolduc will be better, and I also worry about Aho’s strength being an issue in the playoffs.

Aho is not weak, when he goes behind the net in the corners to battle with a forward for the puck, he comes away with it most of the time and gets it out of our zone

Bolduc might be better in a few years, but there's no shot he'd be better than Aho right now
1GarthSnowFan
im not criticizing lou.

My entire point is that Aho brings a valuable skillset to this team and he shouldn't be taken out for Salo or bolduc. Even if I don't agree with lane on everything, he's not afraid to change things up and hell actually scratch guys like Bailey who's been beyond awful.

Bailey is less likely to take a dumb ****ing penalty than Johnston tho. I’d try and trade him for someone like Dillon on Winnipeg if it’s possible.
1GarthSnowFan
Aho is not weak, when he goes behind the net in the corners to battle with a forward for the puck, he comes away with it most of the time and gets it out of our zone

Bolduc might be better in a few years, but there's no shot he'd be better than Aho right now

Aho is good when he gets to the puck first
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:50 p.m.
Bailey is less likely to take a dumb ****ing penalty than Johnston tho. I’d try and trade him for someone like Dillon on Winnipeg if it’s possible.

We do not need Dillon. There is no reason to take Aho out of the lineup,. The isles need his puck moving
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:50 p.m.
Aho is good when he gets to the puck first

He gets to the puck first because he has high hockey IQ and skating ability
Not_Isles5513 liked this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 1:51 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
He gets to the puck first because he has high hockey IQ and skating ability

Sometimes he does. I’ll be honest I didn’t catch all of last nights game due to work. I did see the Giroux **** up u mentioned tho lol
Db1899 liked this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 2:04 p.m.
we miss leo k
Quoting: Windjammer
Kerfoot would be a nice add for the Jets, but there isn't much chance they move Stanley for a rental.

still holding out hope for Stanley? I think he'd be the easiest guy to let go for a middle-6 upgrade - although like i said i'd flip the pick swap into being advantageous for Winnipeg (ie, Toronto sends the 3rd with Kerfoot, Winnipeg adds the 5th with Stanley.) Stanley's main draw at this point is his size and seemingly not much else.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
still holding out hope for Stanley? I think he'd be the easiest guy to let go for a middle-6 upgrade - although like i said i'd flip the pick swap into being advantageous for Winnipeg (ie, Toronto sends the 3rd with Kerfoot, Winnipeg adds the 5th with Stanley.) Stanley's main draw at this point is his size and seemingly not much else.

Yeah, I think management still likes him. Kerfoot isn't a difference maker and as a rental as well, I can't see the Jets moving a young player for him. Especially at this point of the season. Kerfoot types are fairly easy to find as UFA's in the off season.

Now, at the TDL, if the Jets are still where they are, they could throw Toronto a mid round pick for him, but it's far more likely the Leafs use him as an own rental.

As mentioned on the OP, the Jets are dealing from a position of strength here, so no need to give them much if any value.
dannibalcorpse liked this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 2:22 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Pump the brakes, tiger. The Blues have no won three straight including back to back in Vegas and Colorado. There's no great re-tool on the horizon, folks.

And bro, Gaudette is beyond worthless. Not a fit for the Blues at all.

I don't think Abruzzese has top 6 upside and he's already 23 and not a PPG in the AHL. The isles have someone similar to him with higher upside , Ruslan Iskhakov , who leads all AHL rookies in scoring, With Iskhakov, Raty and Holmstrom due for NHL looks within the next year this trade doesn't make sense. If the isles were trading Bolduc it would have to be someone a bit younger like Hirvonen or minten

Thank you for that input. Frankly, given the amount of bodies the Leafs have up front, moving Hirvonen or Minten is a.place I gom
Nov. 15, 2022 at 2:24 p.m.
Pump the brakes, tiger. The Blues have no won three straight including back to back in Vegas and Colorado. There's no great re-tool on the horizon, folks.

And bro, Gaudette is beyond worthless. Not a fit for the Blues at all.

They have a lot of teams to jump. Not suggesting ita deal that gets done tomorrow. They have done it before, but I really think they are in tough unless Binngton finds his game.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
-If the Blues stay out of the playoff picture, this value is probably fair. They might ask for a different body than Gaudette, but I can't see them getting much more than a mid-rounder for Acciari.

-Isles pass on this. Bolduc has finally shown the offensive spark that made him a 2nd round pick, and still is only just turning 22. I feel like his development this year puts him in a position where they Islanders are only trading him as part of a package for a top-6 winger.

-I think the value is there - Winnipeg has been playing well and adding Kerfoot would upgrade their middle-6. I might flip the pick swap to being more advantageous to the Jets, but I can see a potential deal here.

-Kulikov deal is probably the most slam-dunk of a deal here. Anaheim got him for free and if they can get him to waive and get back an asset, it's a huge win for them. I do wonder if the fact that he's finally figured out how to contribute offensively inflates his value at the deadline, but even if you have to bump that pick to a 2nd, I think he's worth it.

I had a very hard time assessing Bolduc. Why, if you read my reasoning, I brought it up. He looks great in Bridgeport, no doubt. But, it has been a few years to get here - injuries noted.

My thought process simply lies that if the deal is right. Pelech and Romanov I don't think are going anywhere, and Bolduc does have top 4 potential. He could be buried on the Island, in the sense of ice time hindering what he can really do.
dannibalcorpse liked this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: swinny
They have a lot of teams to jump. Not suggesting ita deal that gets done tomorrow. They have done it before, but I really think they are in tough unless Binngton finds his game.

They're four points out of a playoff spot with 68 games to play. That's nothing (and after they embarrass the Hawks tomorrow, it'll be two points).

And Binnington has played quite well this season, so I have no idea what you're talking about there. His numbers reflect how awful the team was in front of him during the losing streak. They literally kicked or gloved SEVEN goals in on him over his first nine starts of the season. And that doesn't even count all the back door tap ins they were allowing every night.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 2:32 p.m.
They're four points out of a playoff spot with 68 games to play. That's nothing (and after they embarrass the Hawks tomorrow, it'll be two points).

And Binnington has played quite well this season, so I have no idea what you're talking about there. His numbers reflect how awful the team was in front of him during the losing streak. They literally kicked or gloved SEVEN goals in on him over his first nine starts of the season. And that doesn't even count all the back door tap ins they were allowing every night.

We will see. American Thanksgiving is a week away, and we know what it means being on the outside at that point. Statistically tough to get in.

I had the Blue winning that division. Don't think I don't realize how good that team can be. But as of right now...... they have teams.to jump; and good Ines at that.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 2:37 p.m.
mokumboi
We will see. American Thanksgiving is a week away, and we know what it means being on the outside at that point. Statistically tough to get in.

I had the Blue winning that division. Don't think I don't realize how good that team can be. But as of right now...... they have teams.to jump; and good Ines at that.

On average, a hair under two teams per conference per year (so just under four in total) make the playoffs after not being in the top 8 by Thanksgiving. This factoid is way overplayed.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 2:38 p.m.
we miss leo k
I had a very hard time assessing Bolduc. Why, if you read my reasoning, I brought it up. He looks great in Bridgeport, no doubt. But, it has been a few years to get here - injuries noted.

My thought process simply lies that if the deal is right. Pelech and Romanov I don't think are going anywhere, and Bolduc does have top 4 potential. He could be buried on the Island, in the sense of ice time hindering what he can really do.

Don't disagree with you on the pecking order - and I do agree that he's been tough to get a full read on. But Brent Thompson develops defensemen just as well as he doesn't develop forwards, so his AHL time is a positive in my eyes. I think that he has a chance to leapfrog Sebastian Aho/Robin Salo in the near future, or there's the possibility that one of those three(or let's be honest, one of Salo/Bolduc) gets dangled as a trade chip for a top-6 forward as opposed to a prospect challenge trade like this.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 2:39 p.m.
A lot of isles fans soured on him after last year. Just goes to show u how much a wrist injury can hurt ur game. I thought he was NHL ready two years ago in Camp, and I want him called up rn tbh. Way better player than “The Other Sebastian Aho” imo.

And what you said right there is why I had a hard time assessing Bolduc.

I stand by my thinking that the Isles could use more young forwards. The question is which one, and how far do the Leafs go on that front. They have enough of them. There are a couple I would say no to, but many would certainly work.

Bolduc and the injuries simply made it tough to gauge trade value
Nov. 15, 2022 at 2:54 p.m.
Seiders on the Storm
I don't think the Blues will be out of the playoff picture for long.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 3:17 p.m.
Shibbal18
Abruzzese is not a diamond in the rough top 9 forward, hes a fringe NHLer
Nov. 15, 2022 at 4:08 p.m.
-If the Blues stay out of the playoff picture, this value is probably fair. They might ask for a different body than Gaudette, but I can't see them getting much more than a mid-rounder for Acciari.

-Isles pass on this. Bolduc has finally shown the offensive spark that made him a 2nd round pick, and still is only just turning 22. I feel like his development this year puts him in a position where they Islanders are only trading him as part of a package for a top-6 winger.

-I think the value is there - Winnipeg has been playing well and adding Kerfoot would upgrade their middle-6. I might flip the pick swap to being more advantageous to the Jets, but I can see a potential deal here.

-Kulikov deal is probably the most slam-dunk of a deal here. Anaheim got him for free and if they can get him to waive and get back an asset, it's a huge win for them. I do wonder if the fact that he's finally figured out how to contribute offensively inflates his value at the deadline, but even if you have to bump that pick to a 2nd, I think he's worth it.

Also as an addition to the Bolduc point if you build a dude in a lab to fit Lambert’s system it would be him. Big bodied defenseman who skates well and puts up points Lane dreams about guys like that.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 4:11 p.m.

Cross that bridge when we get there. Moving him now bc of that is insane
Nov. 15, 2022 at 4:22 p.m.
Marner rocks
Malgin right now is better than Bunting, Engvall and Jarnkrok, so he deserves a spot over those guys for sure. Simmond wasn't mentioned because what he brings to the table.
Nov. 15, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
ej15 BYATCH
love that Accari trade would be the perfect 4th line centre to tml

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll