Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:22 p.m.
Trade confirmed: Arizona Coyotes - Toronto Maple Leafs
Trade Details
Arizona Coyotes Acquire:
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
Curtis Douglas · $0$837,500$80,000 (AHL/JR)
Sum: $0$837,500$80,000
Change: -$850,000
Change: -$12,500
Change: -$870,000
Toronto Maple Leafs Acquire:
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
Conor Timmins · $850,000$850,000$950,000
Sum: $850,000$850,000$950,000
Change: +$850,000
Change: +$12,500
Change: +$870,000
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
Huge add for the Coyotes, Douglas is a 6'9" mammoth who plays hard and physical. Will throw his weight around and will add a locker room presence. When games get physical, he will address the situations when needed

Leafs add in another puck moving defensemen that doesn't defend and can't be physical (Tyson Barrie). Embarrassing trade from Dubas' end especially after losing guys like Kadri, Mason Marchment, and Hyman

My vote goes to Arizona
Wqrrior, Andy_Dick, Boubou79 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
sensonfire
When healthy, Conor Timmins is a NHL player.

When healthy, Curtis Douglas is an AHL player.

That's all you need to know.

The Toronto Maple Leafs win the trade.
Faulk_my_Dzingel, leafsFan1996, Saskleaf and 15 others liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:25 p.m.
Quoting: Babatunde
Huge add for the Coyotes, Douglas is a 6'9" mammoth who plays hard and physical. Will throw his weight around and will add a locker room presence. When games get physical, he will address the situations when needed

Leafs add in another puck moving defensemen that doesn't defend and can't play physical (Tyson Barrie). Embarrassing trade from Dubas' end especially after losing guys like Kadri, Mason Marchment, and Hyman

My vote goes to Arizona

this is some Hockey DB scouting if I've ever seen it
NorthernLeafsFan05, Faulk_my_Dzingel, PraVin26 and 14 others liked this.
I hate the Maple leaf's as they are my least favorite team, but, leaf's wins this by a landslide
Faulk_my_Dzingel, Saskleaf, BCAPP and 6 others liked this.
Smythe.over.Hart
I can't see how adding NHL depth by trading someone who is very unlikely to make the NHL is an issue. If Curtis Douglas becomes the next Mason Marchment, good for him.
Saskleaf, Wqrrior, BCAPP and 7 others liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:26 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Fantastic deal for the Leafs. Let's not forget, Timmins isn't far removed from being the main player going back in the Kuemper deal. Douglas, although massive, brings little to the table and has been invisible with the Marlies this season.

We essentially trade an AHLer for an NHL RHD, which is a hot commodity nowadays. That being said, Douglas will put up 20 in Arizona
Faulk_my_Dzingel, Saskleaf, drewjenkins and 4 others liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:27 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: leafsFan1996
this is some Hockey DB scouting if I've ever seen it

Don't do HockeyDB like that
Saskleaf, thelastlongbow, drewjenkins and 2 others liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:31 p.m.
Jinx god
6mhfcz.jpg
GiggywithGibby, Wqrrior, myboykole and 23 others liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:31 p.m.
Go leafs go
Win for the leafs, Timmins is solid NHL depth with upside and Douglas is a 4th line ahl player.
thelastlongbow, drewjenkins, leafs101 and 2 others liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:33 p.m.
torontos finest

Leafs add in another puck moving defensemen that doesn't defend and can't be physical (Tyson Barrie). Embarrassing trade from Dubas' end especially after losing guys like Kadri, Mason Marchment, and Hyman

My vote goes to Arizona

cool post

completely unrelated:

Ritzy, pinslack, thelastlongbow and 7 others liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:33 p.m.
Leafs Sufferer

My vote goes to Arizona

Don't you get tired of this? It's really sad.
thelastlongbow, drewjenkins, MatthewsFan and 3 others liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:34 p.m.
Leafs Sufferer
Quoting: mondo
cool post

completely unrelated:

Thank you so much for this.
thelastlongbow, drewjenkins, leafs101 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
6mhfcz.jpg

Steve Dangle is going to have a field day with this.

Probably the right move for Toronto, depth piece that fills a gap until Reilly is back, I expect they likely add a higher pedigree D nearer the deadline, but they got Timmins for basically nothing. Not the flashy trade the hockey gossip world was hoping for, but they can't all be blockbuster trades.
myboykole, drewjenkins, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:39 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
cool post

completely unrelated:

You think a response is allowed in Toronto? He would just end up like Simmonds, on waivers. According to Dubas' rulebook, you can't fight or hit, it's not allowed. Marchment wasn't allowed to do it and when he did, he was traded. Hyman wasn't allowed to do it so he walked. Lyubushkin was throwing some big hits and Dubas thought he was a puck moving defensemen from his scouting report, so he wasn't re-signed
Wqrrior, Newgod77 and Andy_Dick liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:39 p.m.
Quoting: Nathaniel
Fantastic deal for the Leafs. Let's not forget, Timmins isn't far removed from being the main player going back in the Kuemper deal. Douglas, although massive, brings little to the table and has been invisible with the Marlies this season.

We essentially trade an AHLer for an NHL RHD, which is a hot commodity nowadays. That being said, Douglas will put up 20 in Arizona

I think the Coyotes would view the first as the main piece of that trade, however I can't disagree that Timmins used to be a really admirable prospect that I thought would thrive in Arizona. It's a shame his health has been so poor.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:40 p.m.
torontos finest
You think a response is allowed in Toronto? He would just end up like Simmonds, on waivers. According to Dubas' rulebook, you can't fight or hit, it's not allowed. Marchment wasn't allowed to do it and when he did, he was traded. Hyman wasn't allowed to do it so he walked. Lyubushkin was throwing some big hits and Dubas thought he was a puck moving defensemen from his scouting report, so he wasn't re-signed

love to say words and sentences and hope they mean something
Ritzy, A_Habs_fan, thelastlongbow and 5 others liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:41 p.m.

While I think this report picks and choses points a bit (Lybushkin wasn't needed, leafs had no cap space for Hyman), this does look like a low end Marchment situation. It's funny how the leafs constantly need a response but then when they have the perfect players to provide it, they quickly find their way out of the lineup.
Brad_Treliving liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:42 p.m.
Do Bap
I'm going to say fair trade, because Timmins is the better player, and guy like Douglas could make a rebuilding team like the Coyotes a lot more fun to watch.

I also think Douglas can make the NHL in a few years once he develops the skating ability, as it takes guys that size longer to do so. Which is why Chara kept getting better throughout his 30s.
Wqrrior, drewjenkins, capfriendlyaccount and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:45 p.m.
Quoting: Wqrrior
While I think this report picks and choses points a bit (Lybushkin wasn't needed, leafs had no cap space for Hyman), this does look like a low end Marchment situation. It's funny how the leafs constantly need a response but then when they have the perfect players to provide it, they quickly find their way out of the lineup.

Yup, that's how Dubas operates and thinks you can win this way. You think Wahlstrom thought twice of kneeing Matthews? He did it the first time and will be happy to do it a second time after feeding Sandin with haymakers and laughed it off in the penalty box. Malgin got dumped a couple times agains the Islanders, nothing happened. Kerfoot got laid about by Clutterbuck, nothing happened. Name a softer team
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:45 p.m.
Amirov Forever
I think the Coyotes would view the first as the main piece of that trade, however I can't disagree that Timmins used to be a really admirable prospect that I thought would thrive in Arizona. It's a shame his health has been so poor.

Agreed, I was careful in my wording to label Timmins as the main player going to Arizona. The first was definitely the main part, but Timmins played a role in swaying AZ
Wqrrior, drewjenkins, Saskleaf and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:46 p.m.
torontos finest

Douglas is years off in the best case scenario. Struggles to skate, and as evidenced by the video I posted, barely has a reaction when a goaltender is run directly in front of him. A lot of hype over him being a large boy, but he's not the same player as Marchment was. Marchment was decently productive during his Marlies tenure whereas Douglas as a point in 13 games.

Think the Leafs (and Dubas) need to start looking at more physical present players, but acting like Douglas is a massive loss is really, really, incorrect.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 3:48 p.m.
Can I vote Toronto Marlies win ?

Because this is an Ahl trade.
Nov. 23, 2022 at 4:06 p.m.
Toronto wins simply because Timmins is an NHL player and Douglas is an AHL player, none of them really have much of a potential
Nov. 23, 2022 at 4:16 p.m.

My vote goes to Arizona

Douglas is an AHL 4th liner....
drewjenkins, Saskleaf, palhal and 1 other person liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit