Trades
VAN
  1. Dvorak, Christian
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (COL)
VAN
  1. Morrow, Scott [Reserve List]
  2. 2023 1st round pick (CAR)
Additional Details:
@canes fans please don't take over this thread. We all know you don't want to trade Morrow.
CAR
    Bo Horvat
    VAN
    1. 2024 5th round pick (WSH)
    WSH
    1. Myers, Tyler ($1,000,000 retained)
    Additional Details:
    Moved out anywhere for whatever.
    Retained Salary Transactions
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the WSH
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    24$86,500,000$76,208,750$850,000$850,000$10,291,250
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
    $4,950,000$4,950,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $7,350,000$7,350,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    C, LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 7
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 1
    $883,750$883,750
    C
    RFA - 1
    $762,500$762,500
    RW, C
    RFA - 1
    $825,000$825,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 2
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,850,000$7,850,000
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    RD
    RFA
    $762,500$762,500
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $2,200,000$2,200,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    Livingstone, Jake
    $950,000$950,000
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 7:33 p.m.
    HuGo is a Boss GM
    Hmmm. It's not a terrible trade for the Habs... But I really don't like Boeser. He gets injured a lot, does not play great defense and he does not live up to his expectations.

We already have Gallagher and Anderson, we don't need another "below expectations six million dollar man".
    Mediumyeet liked this.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 7:35 p.m.
    Hurricane Waddell
    You’re posting on CF ACGM and asking a group of fans to not post on a trade you posted…Canes fans don’t listen.

Didn’t know if you heard, but we aren’t trading Morrow.
    Viqsi liked this.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 7:40 p.m.
    Canes aren't trading Morrow. If you don't want the Canes fans to take over your thread with debates about Morrow, accept that he isn't being moved. No Canes fan will talk about Morrow if he's not involved.
    evelutions2 and Viqsi liked this.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 7:50 p.m.
    Lets Get Kraken
    So if you know that the Canes aren’t going to trade Morrow, why do you keep proposing these trades that get you the same response? You do know that doing the same thing again and again, and expecting a different result is the very definition of lunacy, right?

I know we sound like a broken record saying that Morrow won’t get moved, but you are the one who keeps playing said broken record on loop, are you not? You reap what you sow, am I right?
    Viqsi liked this.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:05 p.m.
    The Jackets decline. The Blue Jackets are thin at Center and don't need any more Wings.
    We might be interested in Horvat if the price is right and he can be extended at a reasonable cap hit.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:06 p.m.
    HearMeKent
    Montreal accepts.
    Mediumyeet liked this.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:40 p.m.
    Quoting: jonh514
    Hmmm. It's not a terrible trade for the Habs... But I really don't like Boeser. He gets injured a lot, does not play great defense and he does not live up to his expectations.

We already have Gallagher and Anderson, we don't need another "below expectations six million dollar man".

Quoting: Habspectations
    Montreal accepts.

Some fair points there for sure. Boeser isn't bad defensively though, he had a very rough start coming back from his hand injury this year and did not look good defensively or at all for that matter. However he appears to be turning a corner and has been playing much better lately at both ends of the ice. In 19-20 he was very strong defensively but has been average or slightly below average since then.

Having said all that, even with his struggles to start this season he is putting up a point per game. I think a change of scenery would do him well.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:44 p.m.
    We have had enough problems with taking on bad long term cap. Dvorak is not a valuable asset for vancouver and he doesn't fit the teams future... he would become yet another cap dump here.

Other trades are fairly reasonable though. Scrap the MTL one and I'd say grade A build.
    Mediumyeet liked this.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:45 p.m.
    Quoting: Caniac555
    You’re posting on CF ACGM and asking a group of fans to not post on a trade you posted…Canes fans don’t listen.

Is there conclusive evidence that the MANAGEMENT wouldn't trade him? Fans not wanting to trade him is a lot different than management being clear about a guy being unavailable. If y'all are speaking based on legitimate facts, then I'd gladly concede.
    Mediumyeet liked this.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:49 p.m.
    Quoting: Caniac555

Quoting: Caniac2000
    Canes aren't trading Morrow. If you don't want the Canes fans to take over your thread with debates about Morrow, accept that he isn't being moved. No Canes fan will talk about Morrow if he's not involved.

Quoting: evelutions2
    So if you know that the Canes aren’t going to trade Morrow, why do you keep proposing these trades that get you the same response? You do know that doing the same thing again and again, and expecting a different result is the very definition of lunacy, right?

I know we sound like a broken record saying that Morrow won’t get moved, but you are the one who keeps playing said broken record on loop, are you not? You reap what you sow, am I right?

My hope was I could have a thread where Vancouver fans and whoever else could have a discussion about the overall roster here and some of the other moves without the comment section being centered around Morrow because that's been beaten like a dead horse on here already.

We all understand you guys consider him untouchable. I consider him to be highly unlikely to be traded but not impossible. Neither side is moving on that opinion. It is what it is.

Framework for this trade is the Fiala trade for a 1st (19th OA) + Faber. I'd assume Horvat extends in Carolina as part of this and the first round pick is hopefully much later as I think this makes them a cup favorite.

Anyways that's all I'm going to say regarding the canes trade. I know you don't like it that's fine and you're probably right he doesn't get traded.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:54 p.m.
    Quoting: Wqrrior
    We have had enough problems with taking on bad long term cap. Dvorak is not a valuable asset for vancouver and he doesn't fit the teams future... he would become yet another cap dump here.

Other trades are fairly reasonable though. Scrap the MTL one and I'd say grade A build.

Dvorak had solid defensive numbers in Arizona where he got heavy matchup minutes. If Canucks trade Bo they are going to need a 3C that can take some matchup minutes. Dvorak is capable of that as he's averaged 16-18 mins TOI the past 4yrs. He's also very strong on faceoffs which will be needed without Horvat.

The term on him and Boeser is the same and we shed about 2mil in cap while getting a 2nd. I like Boeser but I'd like to rotate out some pieces for more team speed.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 8:55 p.m.
    Lets Get Kraken
    Quoting: Wqrrior
    Is there conclusive evidence that the MANAGEMENT wouldn't trade him? Fans not wanting to trade him is a lot different than management being clear about a guy being unavailable. If y'all are speaking based on legitimate facts, then I'd gladly concede.

Management was trying to get him signed so he could be sent to the AHL this season. Not to mention, the move for Burns instead of resigning TDA was a bit of 3D chess. Burns is likely done after 2 years or his contract expiry, whereas TDA would have been here longer more than like. That Burns timeline would allow Burns to essentially pass the torch to Morrow, all the while allowing Morrow to develop properly. Besides, he was just drafted, it’s highly unlikely he gets moved this early.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 9:10 p.m.
    Lets Get Kraken
    Quoting: Mediumyeet
    My hope was I could have a thread where Vancouver fans and whoever else could have a discussion about the overall roster here and some of the other moves without the comment section being centered around Morrow because that's been beaten like a dead horse on here already.

We all understand you guys consider him untouchable. I consider him to be highly unlikely to be traded but not impossible. Neither side is moving on that opinion. It is what it is.

Framework for this trade is the Fiala trade for a 1st (19th OA) + Faber. I'd assume Horvat extends in Carolina as part of this and the first round pick is hopefully much later as I think this makes them a cup favorite.

Anyways that's all I'm going to say regarding the canes trade. I know you don't like it that's fine and you're probably right he doesn't get traded.

So you want to have a discussion about the overall roster, but then proceed to make trades, that may I remind you are visible to the general populous of CF, that you know will start arguments. I mean, the fact that you put in that little footnote about not taking over the comments suggests you knew you were going to incite something. I, like many others, look through the threads to see if my favorite team is involved. If you are wanting to have a discussion about the overall roster without trying to incite anything, might I suggest you post your thoughts in the forum section on CF. That way, people don’t get pissed about your trades, and conversations can have the flow of the subject matter, and not break off on a tangent.

As for you basing the trade off of the Fiala trade, a couple of problems with that. Fiala holds more value than Horvat, and the 19OA pick was traded in a weaker draft. Even 32OA in the 23 draft, would be about the 15-20OA range in the previous couple of drafts. If you want the 23 first, the prospect would be someone like Honka or Heimosalmi. Those deals are at least a bit more workable, provided that Horvat would come with retention and a prearranged extension.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 9:31 p.m.
    Hurricane Waddell
    I’m good to have a discussion, but if a trade includes Morrow it needs to come with a player under team control that has the same upside. The % chance Morrow becomes Makar is low, but not zero. If Horvat is the return, and Morrow is included - Horvat would need to have some sort of below market team friendly contract extension signed. The Canes are cheap.

Nov. 26, 2022 at 9:53 p.m.
    So you want to have a discussion about the overall roster, but then proceed to make trades, that may I remind you are visible to the general populous of CF, that you know will start arguments. I mean, the fact that you put in that little footnote about not taking over the comments suggests you knew you were going to incite something. I, like many others, look through the threads to see if my favorite team is involved. If you are wanting to have a discussion about the overall roster without trying to incite anything, might I suggest you post your thoughts in the forum section on CF. That way, people don’t get pissed about your trades, and conversations can have the flow of the subject matter, and not break off on a tangent.

As for you basing the trade off of the Fiala trade, a couple of problems with that. Fiala holds more value than Horvat, and the 19OA pick was traded in a weaker draft. Even 32OA in the 23 draft, would be about the 15-20OA range in the previous couple of drafts. If you want the 23 first, the prospect would be someone like Honka or Heimosalmi. Those deals are at least a bit more workable, provided that Horvat would come with retention and a prearranged extension.

It's the same 3 or 4 of you that take over the thread every time. I appreciate the suggestion to post on CF Forum but it doesn't have the same team building tools.

That's why I simply asked for you guys to not take over the thread. I've had the conversations with all of you about Morrow many times before. Is it that difficult to see my footnote and just say to yourseld "ya okay OP knows we don't want/aren't going to move morrow I'll not comment on this one"?
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 10:01 p.m.
    JT Miller for Hart
    yell-shout.gif
    Me when I saw the Schenn signing
    Mediumyeet liked this.
    Nov. 26, 2022 at 10:09 p.m.
    Quoting: AK50
    yell-shout.gif
    Me when I saw the Schenn signing

I really hope we re-sign him. He has been so good with us and has been playing the best hockey of his career this year. Huge leader too.

I legitimately think he is a top 4 dman with the way he's playing. The issue he has is he never lived up to his draft pedigree and almost ended up out of the league 4yrs ago. It's really difficult for a player like that to rebuild the perception of him but if you watch him every game this year he's playing like a good physical number 4 dman.
    AK50 liked this.
    Nov. 27, 2022 at 4:05 a.m.
    18 lotteries, 0 wins
    would accept if he didn't cost more than roslovic
    Mediumyeet liked this.
    Nov. 27, 2022 at 9:16 a.m.
    Lets Get Kraken
    It's the same 3 or 4 of you that take over the thread every time. I appreciate the suggestion to post on CF Forum but it doesn't have the same team building tools.

That's why I simply asked for you guys to not take over the thread. I've had the conversations with all of you about Morrow many times before. Is it that difficult to see my footnote and just say to yourseld "ya okay OP knows we don't want/aren't going to move morrow I'll not comment on this one"?

All I’m going to say, is by putting Morrow in your trade, you will reap what you sow. I get that the forums don’t have the same team building mechanics, but if you don’t want us to take over the comments, you can’t make trades that piss off everyone who looks at it. I can’t stop you from posting these trades, but likewise, I can’t stop all the Canes fans who will give you crap whenever you post these trades. But I will guarantee you this, every time you post a trade like that one that involves Morrow, Canes fans will give you crap for it, and that is inescapable. Just adding that footnote just means you know what you are doing and are actively trying to incite something. But I digress. You’ll do you and I’ll do me. Have a good day, mate.
    Nov. 27, 2022 at 12:47 p.m.
    Quoting: AndrewPawlack
    would accept if he didn't cost more than roslovic

I'd do that trade 1for1 as a Canuck fan. Hope it happens or something similar.
    Nov. 27, 2022 at 12:49 p.m.
    All I’m going to say, is by putting Morrow in your trade, you will reap what you sow. I get that the forums don’t have the same team building mechanics, but if you don’t want us to take over the comments, you can’t make trades that piss off everyone who looks at it. I can’t stop you from posting these trades, but likewise, I can’t stop all the Canes fans who will give you crap whenever you post these trades. But I will guarantee you this, every time you post a trade like that one that involves Morrow, Canes fans will give you crap for it, and that is inescapable. Just adding that footnote just means you know what you are doing and are actively trying to incite something. But I digress. You’ll do you and I’ll do me. Have a good day, mate.

Nice to see you can be mature about it and just respect someones ask on one thread 👍. Not everyone gets incensed by it just you and 2or3 other users.
    Nov. 27, 2022 at 1:09 p.m.
    Lets Get Kraken
    Nice to see you can be mature about it and just respect someones ask on one thread 👍. Not everyone gets incensed by it just you and 2or3 other users.

It’s just more of an annoyance that what it’s really worth. Cause there are some people who will do it just to target certain people to goad a response. While I don’t care for your opinion, I can at least acknowledge it. Ultimately, what else can you really ask for.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll